How Fox News works

retread

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

“Sorry Greg but when the guillotines come out, you’re not important enough to make the list.”

Nah, he's on the list. Just towards the end, when the blade is nice and dull...

(there used to be an SNL sketch about a dull execution, but I can't find it)

• Hook 'Em 1

My wife had Tucker on tonight. She “wanted to see what the idiots are watching.” Holy fucking shit.

His first segment was some unhinged lunacy about Obama inspiring the same anarchist movement that vexed Teddy Roosevelt.

We shut it off for a while and flipped past it a few minutes later, just in time to see an ad from something called PragerU that is apparently an online brainwashing / 501c scam that turns you into a wide-eyed zombie who stares blankly at the camera to beg for donations, followed by an ad from some Indian mystic. 

This is the shit millions of Americans are soaking in daily. It’s fucking bizarre. 

Edited by BrickHorn

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

My wife had Tucker on tonight. She “wanted to see what the idiots are watching.” Holy fucking shit.

His first segment was some unhinged lunacy about Obama inspiring the same anarchist movement that vexed Teddy Roosevelt.

We shut it off for a while and flipped past it a few minutes later, just in time to see an ad from something called PragerU that is apparently an online brainwashing / 501c scam that turns you into a wide-eyed zombie who stares blankly at the camera to beg for donations, followed by an ad from some Indian mystic. 

This is the shit millions of Americans are soaking in daily. It’s fucking bizarre. 

At least the British print version used to have tits. I could understand that. This ... why spend every evening getting told to fear shit and told to buy shit that won’t make you thinner or longer?

20 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Tucker shouldn’t be allowed to say Teddy's name. That motherfucker should be strung up with the rest of them. Fucking traitor. 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:14 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Fuck Brian Kilmeade. Moron.  Donald Trump could've done it from his house too.  He didn't.  He used the White House instead.  That shit don't belong to him.  He got a job that comes with free room and office space, but he has a landlord and that landlord is us.  And we have decided with laws that it is illegal for him to do what he did.  So fuck off you lying moronic sack of shit.

I totally agree.  It is OUR house.  I'm only wondering if the castle doctrine doesn't come into play?  Asking for a few million fellow home owners who've had their house invaded by a moronic belligerent fat motherfucker.  

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I've really never understood the "he uses a teleprompter!" squealing from the Rs.  Um, is it some test of purity for someone to memorize hour long speeches?  Cause I got bad news for you about dear leader, if so.

I've not either, unless they are referring to Trump's complete meandering off the cuff dog whistling insulting riffs. I guess it's comparable to locker room put down sessions? Which is a little masochistic when you think about it because most of the folks that admire that type of speaking were standing off to the side hoping the bully didn't turn around and pick on them, too.

I should add, Joe tells stories, but his stories have a different tenor and I don't know I've ever heard him to be deliberately mean.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I've not either, unless they are referring to Trump's complete meandering off the cuff dog whistling insulting riffs. I guess it's comparable to locker room put down sessions? Which is a little masochistic when you think about it because most of the folks that admire that type of speaking were standing off to the side hoping the bully didn't turn around and pick on them, too.

I should add, Joe tells stories, but his stories have a different tenor and I don't know I've ever heard him to be deliberately mean.

I've just always assumed it was yet another "tan suit" or "mustard" disingenuous piece of shit argument, which is most likely the correct assumption.

• Like 1

Well, Joe keeps riding bicycles and jogging to the podium so that's not good for them.

He had a pretty damn good convention speech and some great remarks about the soldiers and other issues when asked recently, so that's not good for them.

So, yeah, they keep trying. Interesting they don't mention Hunter any more much. I wonder if Barr told them to cool it (i.e. they're saving him for the report in October) or they did some internal polling and it just doesn't work what with the grift game getting more and more obvious.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well, Joe keeps riding bicycles and jogging to the podium so that's not good for them.

He had a pretty damn good convention speech and some great remarks about the soldiers and other issues when asked recently, so that's not good for them.

So, yeah, they keep trying. Interesting they don't mention Hunter any more much. I wonder if Barr told them to cool it (i.e. they're saving him for the report in October) or they did some internal polling and it just doesn't work what with the grift game getting more and more obvious.

Oh they'll bring back Hunter.  No doubt in my mind.  Dotard might bring it up in the debates.  Barr will definitely drop some "info" about it in October.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I've really never understood the "he uses a teleprompter!" squealing from the Rs.  Um, is it some test of purity for someone to memorize hour long speeches?  Cause I got bad news for you about dear leader, if so.

It never bothered them when Reagan, Clinton, and both Bushes read from a teleprompter. I guess it will just remain a mystery why they singled out Barack Obama for ridicule. 

On 9/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Does he live in Alex Jones' neighborhood, cause that's who I'd be worried about if I were Greg.

Serious question, what part of Austin does he live in? I’ve seen him a little too often at my happy hour spots over the last few years. Shit I was bartending fall of ‘18 and I looked up and there he was. I wanted to break a bottle of tequila over his head but you know. So yeah I went over there and took his order and he was just a dude. He was even like super nice and polite which felt super fucking weird then he left a pretty generous tip. Like 25% or some shit. But yeah I should’ve broken the tequila bottle on his head then water board him with a bottle of Tito’s. Oh well....

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Serious question, what part of Austin does he live in? I’ve seen him a little too often at my happy hour spots over the last few years. Shit I was bartending fall of ‘18 and I looked up and there he was. I wanted to break a bottle of tequila over his head but you know. So yeah I went over there and took his order and he was just a dude. He was even like super nice and polite which felt super fucking weird then he left a pretty generous tip. Like 25% or some shit. But yeah I should’ve broken the tequila bottle on his head then water board him with a bottle of Tito’s. Oh well....

Somewhere in west Austin. Haven’t bothered to figure out where but west lake area or west of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I don’t know. He was raising a stink about access to a local park at one point but I can‘t remember which one it was. 
I also thought I read that he welcomed Joe Rogan recently. I guess Joe moved to Austin from California. 

Some of the media personalities may not always be jerks all the time. Sometimes I think it’s part of the image. Except for Seb Gorka and Steve Bannon. I just can’t picture them as not being annoying and rude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don’t know. He was raising a stink about access to a local park at one point but I can‘t remember which one it was. 
I also thought I read that he welcomed Joe Rogan recently. I guess Joe moved to Austin from California. 

Some of the media personalities may not always be jerks all the time. Sometimes I think it’s part of the image. Except for Seb Gorka and Steve Bannon. I just can’t picture them as not being annoying and rude. 

Alex was stirring up shit in the Woods of west lake neighborhood entrance to the greenbelt  just west of 360 so I imagine he lives somewhere nearby that.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Alex was stirring up shit in the Woods of west lake neighborhood entrance to the greenbelt  just west of 360 so I imagine he lives somewhere nearby that.

Not sure if this is accurate at all, but it would be consistent with JimmyJames' data point:

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/alex-jones-house/view/google/

My Fox News watching mother likes to bring up when Obama had a teleprompter issue. Apparently it was so unpresidential and quite the hilarious fiasco. Those assholes live in a fictional reality and that reality is a miserable shit hole.