How Fox News works

retread

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Pure unfiltered brainwashing 

How.  How is this still being allowed.  We just had a terrorist incident that tried to overthrow the government and these fuckheads are still spewing the lies that caused it.  They should be charged with sedition as well.

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How.  How is this still being allowed.  We just had a terrorist incident that tried to overthrow the government and these fuckheads are still spewing the lies that caused it.  They should be charged with sedition as well.

Because corporate America keeps giving them money to continue pumping out content like this?

• Rage+1 2

53 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

C2403D53-0B26-427D-A676-EBE7BBD44625.jpeg

Fox News = fake news

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-gender-ban-house/

Claim

In January 2021, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats proposed banning, eliminating, or removing gender-specific language from use in the U.S. House of Representatives.

What's True

Pelosi and other Democrats proposed replacing gender-specific terms with gender-neutral alternatives in the text of a document called the "Rules of the House of Representatives."

What's False

The proposal was limited to a single document, and would not prevent House members from using gender-specific language in making speeches, drafting bills, or otherwise conducting House business.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

The lie has gotten people killed and will continue to get people killed. Gabriel Sterling out front shoulda told ya. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

C2403D53-0B26-427D-A676-EBE7BBD44625.jpeg

I think you're all being unfair. They ran out of room to place a question mark at the end. They're only asking questions.   They should also place a question mark at the end of America's Newsroom.  I wonder why they use zeroes in Newsroom instead of Os.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Wrong. I heard if you say he or she on the floor of the House, Pelosi presses a button that drops an anvil on the person speaking.  Then they force the now-dead Rep's family to undergo gender reassignment surgery. 

No, the anvil won't kill them.  Their heads will just fold right back out.  I saw it on the Bugs Bunny Show.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Grandioso said:

Fox News is, veeeeeeeery slowly, realizing that gigantic fucking lies can be fatal. Killing their viewers with misinformation about Covid was one thing, but the bullshit about election fraud provoked a deadly response that you could watch on the evening news. (Maybe not Fox News, but other stations aired it).

Think about it: if you really BELIEVE that the election was stolen through massive fraud, and no one in power is going to stop it, insurrection/force is an appropriate last-resort measure.

If Trump ordered the military/feds to swoop in and take over the vote counts in swing states, and then declared himself the winner, and no branch of government put a check on that, and Congress just said, "well, this was corrupt and stolen and democracy isn't real but we're going along with this," I would full-throatedly defend anyone willing to put their life on the line to stop that charade. If you believe the lie, what happened on the 6th was morally justifiable and nothing less than an attempt to save democracy itself. If you really believe Trump and what you see on Fox News, and don't deep down know that all the "stop the steal" shit is just about Trump and the GOP trying to save face and play political games, that revolt was heroic

And now Fox, along with all the other grifters who pushed that shit, is realizing PEOPLE TOOK YOU SERIOUSLY. PEOPLE TAKE TRUMP SERIOUSLY. Even if you weren't as direct as Trump in saying the election was rigged and you were "just asking questions" about "election integrity," you were part of the steady diet of garbage these people consumed. Based on the information you gave them, they reacted accordingly. 

This is the correct take. All these shitheads are basically saying “come on, you weren’t supposed to BELIEVE what I said.”

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is the correct take. All these shitheads are basically saying “come on, you weren’t supposed to BELIEVE what I said.”

I mean, that's pretty much the exact argument their lawyers made in court in Tucker Carlson's defamation case.  And they won with that argument.

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Wrong. I heard if you say he or she on the floor of the House, Pelosi presses a button that drops an anvil on the person speaking.  Then they force the now-dead Rep's family to undergo gender reassignment surgery. 

Dammit. Now you have given Fox News talking buttholes about a month of programming. 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

ErxxxweW4AMR5-S?format=jpg&name=large

Hard hitting journalism right here

The other day after the impeachment vote I got a wild hair and decided to flip to Fox News and see what they were saying. I happened upon this video. 

This video is apparently from 2018 so I have no fucking idea what it was doing on national news. Kinda wish I hadn't flipped back right away because now I'm curious what the segment could have possibly been. 

8 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

fuckers best get busy bringing back their Mexican pizza...

I presume that's the commitment to the caravan that Biden must honor?  Once we open up that southern border, something is gonna have to satisfy the hunger of all those illegals wilding in the streets. And what better to hit the spot in that case than a Mexican pizza, just like abuela used to make. 

• Like 2

I presume that's the commitment to the caravan that Biden must honor?  Once we open up that southern border, something is gonna have to satisfy the hunger of all those illegals wilding in the streets. And what better to hit the spot in that case than a Mexican pizza, just like abuela used to make. 

you must be a communist or something....because that shit’s delicious.
  • Like 1

top of the hour, banner headline on Fox right now:  "Thousands of migrants headed to US border"

And endless shots of migrant riots as they clash with Central American police.  

buzzwords:  "fraudulent documents" "caravan" "Remember Obama put children in captivity in 2014"

So... "both sides" icing on the giant cake of fear getting served up to the olds.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What are the chances this is old footage?

I'm seeing other video from established sources, but most of the issue is the misrepresentation across social media as to a) that Guatemala picked itself up and relocated to just shy of El Paso, b) people not understanding that many of the folks are Hondurans fleeing hunger due to the devastation there from hurricanes. If Christian Trump supporters could set aside some of their Trump merchandise dollars to assist some humanitarian relief, it would go a long way. All that grifted money that could have helped not just Americans, but our neighbors in Central America as well.

Willie Horton

Obama is a foreign-born Kenyan muslim

W's terror-o-meter (*daily* banner headlines in the weeks leading up to 2004 election)

"total muslim ban"

black lives matter protests ("Corey Booker!!!")

migrant caravans covered daily until 2016 election (then COMPLETELY dissipated literally overnight) to this latest pre-inauguration "caravan"

The message from the R's to their base, unfailingly amplified in the days before elections:  "Be afraid.  Brown people are coming to kill you" (or at the very least, to be lazy and get free shit).

Edited by Paul Wesley

Essential read about Fox News and the debunked conspiracy theory involving the murder of Seth Rich.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/business/media/fox-news-seth-rich-settlement.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Fox’s decision to settle with the Rich family came just before its marquee hosts, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, were set to be questioned under oath in the case, a potentially embarrassing moment. And Fox paid so much that the network didn’t have to apologize for the May 2017 story on FoxNews.com.

But there was one curious provision that Fox insisted on: The settlement had to be kept secret for a month — until after the Nov. 3 election. The exhausted plaintiffs agreed.

Why did Fox care about keeping the Rich settlement secret for the final month of the Trump re-election campaign? Why was it important to the company, which calls itself a news organization, that one of the biggest lies of the Trump era remain unresolved for that period? Was Fox afraid that admitting it was wrong would incite the president’s wrath? Did network executives fear backlash from their increasingly radicalized audience, which has been gravitating to other conservative outlets?

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:52 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Erx7bqcW8AIQFA8?format=jpg&name=large

Always the victim and lol at “conservatives”

LOL - Tucker is crying like a little bitch every night.  I can only stand to watch a few minutes at a time but holy shit is he unhinged.  He was promised his safe space had corrupt cops and far right propaganda sites.  A damn shame...