How Fox News works

retread

12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I never understand the Right's fascination with Candace Owens. She has zero experience or background on her own. Her main resume experience on wikipedia is that an unnamed private equity firm hired her as an admin asst, and she rose to VP of Administration.  She actually has referred to it as "VP to their administration" which sounds very The Office-like. Assistant to the mgr as opposed to asst mgr.

she also can't make any points in a long form interview or discussion. Her knowledge is too shallow.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I never understand the Right's fascination with Candace Owens. She has zero experience or background on her own. Her main resume experience on wikipedia is that an unnamed private equity firm hired her as an admin asst, and she rose to VP of Administration.  She actually has referred to it as "VP to their administration" which sounds very The Office-like. Assistant to the mgr as opposed to asst mgr.

she also can't make any points in a long form interview or discussion. Her knowledge is too shallow.

Do you really not understand? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Gutfield is just doing a nightly version of the shitty weekend show he had. I've been forced to watch it at work (sound off thank god) for a while now. It's Lt Hauk bad with a SGM Dickerson theme.

Do you really not understand? 

I was about to say the same thing.

Throw in Tim Scott and Trump’s late push in the election to get Ice Cube to endorse him.

They have their stable of women and other minority groups to trot out to somehow prove they aren’t racist misogynistic xenophobic homophobic Neanderthals.

They’re mascots and props.

Has Fox News changed its name to "The Hunter Biden May Have Done Something Wrong And We Are Going To Tell You About It Network" yet?  Flipped it on for 30 seconds this morning and they were about to talk about a gun regulation story where Hunter lied on his hand gun purchase application and should go to jail if the new laws were in place.  They were going to show a clip from, you guessed it, Tucker's show.  You would think that even the sheep that watch this shit would start to realize that maybe Hunter Biden is not the most evil person in existence and that even if he was, whatever he is doing or has done really has no impact on their shitty lives so why have 24 hour coverage of everything he has ever done.  I mean even Marvel comics understands you need a different villain in each movie.  You can't just trot the same villain out over and over again or it gets boring.  Come on Fox, give me some new imaginary villains because I am starting to get bored with Hunter.  Also, don't just pivot back to AOC.  I need someone new that is going to scare me into buying a pillow and some gold.  

• Hook 'Em 3

My favorite part of all these “news” sources is that one host says X is happening, let’s dig down deep, and instead of interviewing someone in the field of study or whatever, they interview another host anchor from a different news hour. Bitch, at least put in the effort not to be a feedback loop

My favorite part of all these “news” sources is that one host says X is happening, let’s dig down deep, and instead of interviewing someone in the field of study or whatever, they interview another host anchor from a different news hour. Bitch, at least put in the effort not to be a feedback loop

That last sentence...Not sure you understand how Fox works.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 8:40 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

they were about to talk about a gun regulation story where Hunter lied on his hand gun purchase application and should go to jail if the new laws were in place. 

i remember when fox news was pro 2nd A

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just so we're clear here, Fox News is interviewing a historically apolitical golfer with something like a dozen stints in rehab for drug and alcohol abuse, a well chronicled public gambling problem, and was neither born nor has ever lived in Georgia about Georgia's new voting laws because...why, exactly? Why is this motherfucker being given a forum, exactly? 

Fucking critical thinking is a dying resource on this fucking planet, and this country has the steepest spiral downward.

It is not that critical thinking is dying, but that it is dead amongst their viewers and supporters of the GOP.   John Cornyn has been tweeting out a steady stream of garbage ranging from border crisis, to rich institutions getting covid relief, and wondering what the plan is to prevent nukes from being developed by Iran, and crying about the debt.  They are trying to sling shit against the wall to see what their constituents will sniff.

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just so we're clear here, Fox News is interviewing a historically apolitical golfer with something like a dozen stints in rehab for drug and alcohol abuse, a well chronicled public gambling problem, and was neither born nor has ever lived in Georgia about Georgia's new voting laws because...why, exactly? Why is this motherfucker being given a forum, exactly? 

Fucking critical thinking is a dying resource on this fucking planet, and this country has the steepest spiral downward.

Well, you understand where we are, at least.

Oh, they also relentlessly repeat proven lies, which their viewers continue to parrot (e.g., I just saw someone post the "90% of immigration detainees don't show up for their hearings!" lie....again....after it's been demonstrated to be false 1,000 times....but Fox keeps saying it, so he keeps believing it).

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Cuz JP thinks golf is a sport.