How Fox News works

retread

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I won't quote the dumb troll, but if he does have a pregnant wife she is absolutely more at risk of serious complications while pregnant. And acting like the only thing that matters is the percentage chance that it will kill him/his wife is blindingly stupid, getting seriously ill while pregnant with symptoms like high fever and respiratory illness can have huge consequences for both an expecting mother and her unborn baby. He's worried about lack of research on pregnant women with the vaccine while also not getting the shot himself-further exposing his wife to the risk? Jesus Christ man.

There seems to be a constant among the anti-vaxxers - namely that they are selfish as fuck and pull the whole "oh, the chances of me getting seriously ill are very slim, so why should I get it?"  They clearly give no shits about their spouses, their older relatives, strangers, friends, etc. 

It's "I'M YOUNG I PROBABLY WON'T BE HOSPITALIZED IF I GET IT SO WHY SHOULD I CARE?"

My wife's Southern Baptist church here in Austin, we've been watching this whole debate play out, with everything from "Johnson and Johnson is harvesting aborted fetuses to make their vaccines" to "covid was a liberal hoax designed to get Trump out of office!"  The pastor, who has been there for a long time, and is well respected in the SBC, he has mentioned people should wear masks and get vaccines, to help protect others and reduce the spread, and that it was the Christian thing to do in order to help out our fellow Christians, etc., and he discussed how the members who do missionary work overseas have no problems getting the necessary vaccines and wearing masks when needed.  Quite a few people absolutely lost their shit.

Her church is probably hanging on by not much more than a thread - I watched this whole debate tear apart her Sunday school, with a couple of Qanon-esque dipshits going off on masks, that it was a hoax, etc.  last year, and then this year that nobody should get the vaccine, etc.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

It comes down to a bunch if dumbasses who would defend Typhoid Mary’s right to earn a living as a cook AND not be required to wash her hands after using the bathroom.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, Texas is a right to work state, sir. 

But how can we get herd immunity if we lower the amount of people catching it?

Look, only half a million died over the past year.  Maybe we can get that down to only 300,000 a year going forward!  And our hospitals are handling it better, and we got therapeutics that can get people out of the hospital faster!

The moment you start seeing Biden going without a mask on a frequent basis, Fox News is going to run segments asking about what does Biden have against masks.

52 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That’s a shame. 

It kind of is.  The pastor has taken a few jabs at Trump and the "covid is a hoax"/anti-mask crowd.

Pre-covid, I remember when he had a service where he talked about people should not worship politicians, and that got some loud noises from some of the old farts.

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pre-covid, I remember when he had a service where he talked about people should not worship politicians, and that got some loud noises from some of the old farts.

Well, RRRP has been busting his ass to solve that problem for you by killing as many olds as possible, yet we've just been giving him grief about it.

Counterpoint: My wife got her shots while 8 months pregnant and my new daughter has laser eyes, Kung fu grip, and knows how to make the perfect spinach feta quiche. 
 She’s got friends in every town and village from here to Sudan. She’s speaks a dozen languages and knows every local custom. She’ll blend in, disappear and you’ll never see her again. 
fuck the antivaxxers. Grow the fuck up. 
Yeah but she'll get lost in her own museum...
  • Like 1

Lol at y'all trying to change this bugger eating moron troll's mind with logic and reason. He's only going to dig in deeper. Unless he's puro troll and is just doing it for the lulz and is likely already vaccinated.

Edited by Ten Bears
  • Hook 'Em 1

So will Hannity ramp up the insanity?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/media/tucker-carlson-sean-hannity-fox-news/index.html

Sean Hannity finds himself in familiar territory as of late: second place.

For most of his career, the right-wing Fox propagandist has been in the shadows of someone else. 

When Bill O'Reilly was still at Fox News, Hannity could never quite catch him in the ratings race.

But shortly after the 2016 election, Hannity's close relationship with then-President Donald Trump, coupled with O'Reilly's ouster at Fox, propelled Hannity to the throne of conservative media. And for a few years, he sat there comfortably.

Hannity hasn't been able to hold onto the crown, though. Recent ratings numbers and other data show that his influence has been surpassed by one of his colleagues: Tucker Carlson.

Carlson — by fanning the flames of coronavirus trutherism and leaning into the anti-immigrant, populist movement that ushered Trump into the White House — now outrates Hannity handily and has proven to be far more effective at driving the national conversation.

Carlson's rise and Hannity's stumble reflect not only the current state of the conservative media, but also offer insight into the current state of the Republican Party.

"Sean Hannity doesn't have any ideas. He's not a thinker. He's a propagandist," said Matthew Sheffield, the editor of Flux who worked in conservative media for more than a decade, including co-founding the right-wing media criticism site Newsbusters, but has since emerged as a disenchanted opponent of his old industry.

Sheffield noted that Hannity is a pundit who is at his best when he's promoting the Republican Party. But, with the GOP in disarray, he's searching for a new narrative -— and that's created an opening for Carlson.

"Tucker Carlson at least has some ideas ... he's at least willing to reinterpret the world," Sheffield added. "Grassroots voters have no intellectual guidance and Tucker is de facto assuming that role."

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 5/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, 4th&Five said:

If you gave me the transcript of that interaction and told me that one person worked professionally in politics/sort of journalism and the other was in 6th grade, I would have guessed wrong as to who was whom. Unless you told me it was Fox.

It’s not just the absurdity of challenging such a thing, but Kilmeade sounds like a pathetic child in his response. Such insightful analysis.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Remember when the Bush/Cheney administration lied about Iraq buying yellowcakw uranium from Niger and then they outed Valerie Plame as a CIA agent because her husband proved they were lying?

Good times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Remember when the Bush/Cheney administration lied about Iraq buying yellowcakw uranium from Niger and then they outed Valerie Plame as a CIA agent because her husband proved they were lying?

Good times.

No…..

Because those are your alternative facts and they don’t feel as true to me right now than the idea that liberals are liars.

The world is also flat, JFK jr is still alive, and there’s a cabal of satan worshipping sex traffickers running the country. 

Why isn’t the main stream media covering that!!!!!!! They must be in on it!

9 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

No…..

Because those are your alternative facts and they don’t feel as true to me right now than the idea that liberals are liars.

The world is also flat, JFK jr is still alive, and there’s a cabal of satan worshipping sex traffickers running the country. 

Why isn’t the main stream media covering that!!!!!!! They must be in on it!

We’re too busy attending secret Elvis concerts. Duh. 

I was flipping channels last night and decided to check out a few minutes of Gutfeld! just to see what kind of unfunny crap Fox’s version of The Daily Show is putting out. We ended up watching the whole show, laughing our asses off the entire time. Nothing is funnier than watching an obnoxious idiot who thinks he’s funny try to force laughter and fail over and over again. 

The funniest shit came from one of the guests who was advertised as a “comedian.” Gutfeld would lob him a setup, the camera would focus on the comedian, he’d go into an awkward bit that had no jokes or punchlines, and the camera would return just in time to catch Gutfeld’s anticipatory laughter stall out when his brain failed to perceive any punchline. I mean they did this sad shit over and over again. An example:

Gutfeld: “Being a Democrat’s press Secretary is like being a bar tender at spring break. Everyone’s nice and throws money at you for Jager.”

Comedian*: “Give me a shot of sake!”

Gutfield: <instinctive laughter sputters, face reflexively contorts to betray confusion and disappointment> “Yeah. Do the kids still do Jager?”

Comedian: “I grew up getting drunk at a hibachi!”

Gutfield: <smiling, awaiting punchline>

Comedian: “They’d call me ‘Chris Whiskey!’

Gutfeld: <smile slowly evaporates into momentary panic, he shuffles papers and changes the subject>

God damn. We rewound that and watched it maybe 5-6 times, tears of laughter streaming down our faces. The gall of these two jackasses to advertise themselves as funny is comedy gold. The unintentional anti-punchlines are accidentally Andy Kaufman-esque genius. “I got drunk at a hibachi!” “They call me Chris Whiskey!” I’m watching this shit every night from now on.

* I cannot confirm that this guy is actually a comedian or has ever intentionally inspired laughter or been paid to attempt to do so.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I was flipping channels last night and decided to check out a few minutes of Gutfeld! just to see what kind of unfunny crap Fox’s version of The Daily Show is putting out. We ended up watching the whole show, laughing our asses off the entire time. Nothing is funnier than watching an obnoxious idiot who thinks he’s funny try to force laughter and fail over and over again. 

The funniest shit came from one of the guests who was advertised as a “comedian.” Gutfeld would lob him a setup, the camera would focus on the comedian, he’d go into an awkward bit that had no jokes or punchlines, and the camera would return just in time to catch Gutfeld’s anticipatory laughter stall out when his brain failed to perceive any punchline. I mean they did this sad shit over and over again. An example:

Gutfeld: “Being a Democrat’s press Secretary is like being a bar tender at spring break. Everyone’s nice and throws money at you for Jager.”

Gutfield: <instinctive laughter sputters, face reflexively contorts to betray confusion and disappointment> “Yeah. Do the kids still do Jager?”

Gutfeld: <smile slowly evaporates into momentary panic, he shuffles papers and changes the subject>

God damn. We rewound that and watched it maybe 5-6 times, tears of laughter streaming down our faces. The gall of these two jackasses to advertise themselves as funny is comedy gold. The unintentional anti-punchlines are accidentally Andy Kaufman-esque genius. “I got drunk at a hibachi!” “They call me Chris Whiskey!” I’m watching this shit every night from now on.

* I cannot confirm that this guy is actually a comedian or has ever intentionally inspired laughter or been paid to attempt to do so.

Gutfield and company are a real life Bruce Chandling

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

It's setting a new standard in cringe comedy. 

6 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It's setting a new standard in cringe comedy. 

What’s amazing is the consistency. The jokes always fall flat. Always. There is no blip of legitimate humor. They never manage to fall ass backwards into a laugh. The stream of sad unfunny gags is never interrupted by any genuinely amusing line. It’s just failed joke after failed joke, and they just press on, never losing faith that the next one will land. 

Edited by BrickHorn

38 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

What’s amazing is the consistency. The jokes always fall flat. Always. There is no blip of legitimate humor. They never manage to fall ass backwards into a laugh. The stream of sad unfunny gags is never interrupted by any genuinely amusing line. It’s just failed joke after failed joke, and they just press on, never losing faith that the next one will land. 

They don't understand how jokes work. It's like Joe Piscapo trying to teach Commander Data humor. 

• Haha 2