How Fox News works

retread

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Who changed his handle to "Wags"?  Was it Epi Quinn?  Someone has decided to provide extra dumbassery with a new handle. 

LOL, Wags is so stupid it's actually kind of funny.  'Wags'?  LOL  

I'm just trying to figure how many stains this guy has on his wifebeater. 

13 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Makes you wonder what it would take for Fox News to actually fire one of these degenerates for making such egregiously distasteful public comments.

Ingraham and Hannity could say the N word 50 times and they wouldn't get fired.  They'd get support. 

Then to end the show they'd quote MLK. 

Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FNC could potentially perform better if it were less convservative, but then it may not be as effective in supporting the GOP.

The central new results in this paper are that the Fox News effect in presidential elections grew from 2000 to 2008 because of a combination of increasing viewership and increasingly conservative slant on Fox News; and that the cable news channels can explain an increase in political polarization of similar size to that observed in the US population over this period. We also find that the dispersion in partisan slant across cable channels increased from 2000 to 2012; that Fox News’s viewership-maximizing slant is much more centrist than its observed slant; that the cable-news-driven increase in polarization relies on consumers’ taste for like-minded news; and that we can confirm the approximate magnitude of the finding in DellaVigna and Kaplan (2007) for the effect of Fox News on the 2000 election using a new data set.

https://web.stanford.edu/~ayurukog/cable_news.pdf

Edited by Fozzz

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

When I saw the thread title, the first thing that came to mind was this documentary.

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

Done nearly 14 years ago...and it still carries water today. 

You can watch  (or re-watch it) on Amazon Prime.

Outfoxed

"Some people say......."

14 hours ago, Mike "Wags" Wagner said:

I thought he was an adult capable of leading policy decisions. Make up your mind. Imagine being so pathetic that you have to take cues from a guy that is too stupid to get into college.

You know how demanding these Jr Colleges are these days?  :)  

Only a select few young people even get into colleges anymore.  :)

I honest to God think I could get my yellow lab into a college before the end of May...BUT in fairness she's much smarter than David Hogg.  Also, where Hogg  has a 100% punch-able face, Baby Daisy is a lovable 0 on the punch-ability scale.   

DZjZni0U8AAtIUI.jpg

• Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, Mike "Wags" Wagner said:

Well considering that Hogg is an asshole as well as a dumbass, probably more than what Ingraham has said. Still though, after her kerfuffle with Lebron, she moved into 4th amoung all cable news shows.

Whatever Fox news is doing, they are currently dominating their competition. So while these advertisers leave, and see their business suffer, new advertisers will take their place.

Didn't take long for jerk offs to start posting here. I'm going to chalk Wags up as a Russian bot. No one could suck that much at life to post that.

Hardcore Fox News viewers could not be a better target for psychographic profiling and exploitation. Here is a readymade group of people who consume hours of propaganda per day from one source. They feed their confirmation biases to the point of becoming psychologically conditioned to accept anything in line with the narrative.

I'd bet that if I went and "liked" Fox News on Facebook right now, even though none of my other likes are "conservative," my feed would bloat with advertisements and "suggestions" tied to that profile. E.g., "Suggested Post: 'Clinton E-mails Reveal Possible Links to Seth Rich Murder' by wokepatriot.com." If I went and liked "Move On" something similar might happen with lefty sites, but probably not to such a high degree. And also my bullshit detector is still going to be functioning because I haven't smashed it into a thousand pieces by watching Fox News for years. 

If I'm a market researcher and I want to manipulate your opinions or make money off of clicks, "liking" Fox News is going to be the first piece of data I put in my "Credulous Ape" algorithm.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is a good read for anyone interested 

The cascade of revelations about the Russia-related crimes of Trump associates was dismissed, adamantly, as “fake news” by prime-time hosts who themselves generate fake news blithely.

But Trump idolaters and the merrily hypocritical prime-time hosts are destroying the network 

-Ralph Peters is a retired Army officer

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Fox News is losing its touch.  I’m not referring to the fact that the criteria for a guest was simply “model and California resident”, aka whatever d-list celebrity they can find willing to talk smack to libtards. They got that part right, including choosing a washed up one the olds would recognize.  But Roger Ailes would have made damn sure that model and California resident was a Playboy cover girl sitting in the leg chair shown in a full body shot at all times.

Fabio ... please. Do you even know your audience, new Fox?  

My guess is Kevin Sorbo was busy.