How Fox News works

retread

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What’s funny is there isn’t much evidence (if any) Trump seriously attempted to have Hillary prosecuted. I imagine it wasn’t important to him and he knew it was all bullshit anyway.  Plus, prosecuting Hillary would have set a precedent Trump had no interest in setting. 

And if he could somehow magically lock her up, then he loses a go-to bogeyman.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm kind of surprised that Fox News is going hard on the Omicron variant being dangerous.

I mean, on the one hand, Biden is in office, and that's probably why.

But on the other, there's a bunch of confused people who are being told by the Fox News evening crew that COVID is nothing to worry about.

Confused?  Dude, you have obviously learned NOTHING about cognitive dissonance, the key practice of the GQP.

The conclusion is super easy to understand: COVID is a hoax, and no big deal, and also, it's going to kill us all and it's Biden's fault and it's no coincidence that it emerged in dirty shithole Africa full of....those people.

They will hold each and every one of those beliefs at the same time, and it won't hurt their brain even a little bit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Confused?  Dude, you have obviously learned NOTHING about cognitive dissonance, the key practice of the GQP.

The conclusion is super easy to understand: COVID is a hoax, and no big deal, and also, it's going to kill us all and it's Biden's fault and it's no coincidence that it emerged in dirty shithole Africa full of....those people.

They will hold each and every one of those beliefs at the same time, and it won't hurt their brain even a little bit.

ding, ding, ding

From Newsweek of 2020:

it's not clear which pots of taxpayer money are being used or how the White House is paying for Trump's holiday extravaganza. Trump administration officials did not disclose how much all the decorations cost but said the amount was comparable to administrations past.

So much for transparency. Anyone ever find the $5000 bottle of Japanese whisky discovered missing from the State Department when Biden's administration started inventory accounting?

First I remember seeing of Lara Logan was this segment when she was a correspondent in Iraq and she scoffs at Laura Ingraham's 8 day visit after Ingraham had criticized journalists for reporting only the negative news from their hotel balconies.  

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Isn't she the reporter who got raped while doing stories in the ME?  If so, imagine that could do a real number on someone. 

She's the reporter suspended by CBS for giving platform to a security contractor, subsequently cited by Congressional Republicans, who told one story on 60 Minutes that differed from the one he told to the FBI regarding Benghazi.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/politics/cbs-benghazi/index.html

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Pro-Christmas forces have been decimated this fighting season as they have had to pull back from malls nationwide. 

"The fighting was fierce, our position in the Nordstrom was overrun three days ago and we had to regroup in front of the roller coaster," said one Santa, speaking through an interpreter.

The fighting season in the War On Christmas lasts from approximately mid-November through the early January, though in recent years fighting has tended to break out earlier and earlier.  The fiercest fighting typically happens in the third week of November as anti-Christmas forces bitterly oppose early season decoration breakouts in neighborhoods across the country. 

This year, however, even the elite Mall Santa Corps has suffered appalling losses.   Beaten back from their traditional sanctuaries of department stores and skating rinks, Mall Santas have taken up positions in front of big box stores, a humiliating setback for the proud fighters.

"We vow to fight on, to take our rightful places at Macy's and Neiman Marcus.  These are our lands, the places of our ancestors, and we will not spare any effort in reclaiming them," said the Santa. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Disney has been hiring some African-American Santas for its parks, I'm sure that's going over well.

Well it's just not proper to have a black Santa!

Megyn Kelly: Jesus and Santa were white

By HADAS GOLD

12/12/2013 12:02 PM EST

On Wednesday night Megyn Kelly declared on her Fox News show that both Santa Claus and Jesus were white. Discussing a piece in Slate by Aisha Harris about a black versus white Santa, Kelly that "just because it makes you feel uncomfortable it doesn't mean it has to change." 

"You know, I've given her her due. Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change," Kelly said. "Jesus was a white man, too. It's like we have, he's a historical figure that's a verifiable fact, as is Santa, I just want kids to know that. How do you revise it in the middle of the legacy in the story and change Santa from white to black?"

Santa Claus can be traced to a real life monk named St. Nicholas who lived in what is today Turkey, according to the History Channel. Jesus Christ was born to a Jewish family around what is now Israel, and his race has long been debated with several scholars saying he likely looked like what many modern day people of Middle Eastern descent look like.

The unusual segment, where the panelists also debated whether Santa Claus should be a penguin as Harris writes in her piece, seemed to be directly contradicting what Kelly said on Monday when she appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

"I'm a straight news anchor, I'm not one of the opinion hosts," she told Leno. "The way we do it on the Fox News Channel is the straight news anchors like us give a hard time to both sides."

It seems as though there may be other things to debate that are "straight news" beyond whether Santa and Jesus where white.

Megyn Kelly: Jesus and Santa were white - POLITICO

So the area between Palestine/Lebanon and Northern Israel produces super White people?  She understands that modern Israelites look a bit lighter than their other Middle Eastern brethren because of European influences in the bloodlines, right?  2000+ years ago, they were even darker than they are now...and they're still pretty dark. 

He was a darker-skinned (not dark, but dark-er) Jew who spoke Aramaic and didn't eat ham.  Somehow we turned him into a Catholic Edgar Winter with great abs and a penchant for smoked pork on his Death Day.  

16 minutes ago, Matuka said:

By HADAS GOLD

On Wednesday night Megyn Kelly declared on her Fox News show that both Santa Claus and Jesus were white. Discussing a piece in Slate by Aisha Harris about a black versus white Santa, Kelly that "just because it makes you feel uncomfortable it doesn't mean it has to change." 

"You know, I've given her her due. Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change," Kelly said. "Jesus was a white man, too. It's like we have, he's a historical figure that's a verifiable fact, as is Santa, I just want kids to know that. How do you revise it in the middle of the legacy in the story and change Santa from white to black?"

Santa Claus can be traced to a real life monk named St. Nicholas who lived in what is today Turkey, according to the History Channel. Jesus Christ was born to a Jewish family around what is now Israel, and his race has long been debated with several scholars saying he likely looked like what many modern day people of Middle Eastern descent look like.

The unusual segment, where the panelists also debated whether Santa Claus should be a penguin as Harris writes in her piece, seemed to be directly contradicting what Kelly said on Monday when she appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

"I'm a straight news anchor, I'm not one of the opinion hosts," she told Leno. "The way we do it on the Fox News Channel is the straight news anchors like us give a hard time to both sides."

It seems as though there may be other things to debate that are "straight news" beyond whether Santa and Jesus where white.

Give 'em an elf, they'll take a Santa. 

bad santa GIF by Hollywood Suite

23 minutes ago, Matuka said:

By HADAS GOLD

that's weird because neither person ever existed

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

So the area between Palestine/Lebanon and Northern Israel produces super White people?  She understands that modern Israelites look a bit lighter than their other Middle Eastern brethren because of European influences in the bloodlines, right?  2000+ years ago, they were even darker than they are now...and they're still pretty dark. 

He was a darker-skinned (not dark, but dark-er) Jew who spoke Aramaic and didn't eat ham.  Somehow we turned him into a Catholic Edgar Winter with great abs and a penchant for smoked pork on his Death Day.  

Don't forget a whole shitload of them came out of Egypt, including Moses.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/01/media/lara-logan-fox-news-fauci/index.html

Lara Logan, a Fox News personality and host on the network's streaming service, appeared on Wednesday to stand by her widely condemned comparison of Dr. Anthony Fauci to an infamous Nazi doctor — all while the right-wing channel remains silent about the matter.

But instead of apologizing, Logan doubled down, continuing in her aim to demonize Fauci.

While on her Twitter rant, Logan bizarrely posted links to two websites that promoted the fringe and false claim that AIDS is not caused by HIV. 

Logan also amplified an attack on the Auschwitz Museum, retweeting a user who slammed the organization for criticizing her comments the day before. A representative for the Auschwitz Museum told CNN that she meanwhile had blocked the organization's account on Twitter.

A Fox News representative did not respond to requests for comment on Logan's Wednesday behavior, which comes during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

On 11/2/2021 at 2:37 PM, atomheartbevo said:

No other nation that went full fascism has even come close to the standard of living that we have.  Not even close.  Even our lower economic classes have access to things that would be unimaginable to those other nations.

And as shitty as the Republicans are, we try and provide safety nets that are unimaginable to Americans in the 1850s South or Germans in the 1920s and early 1930s.

Look, I agree with you on quite a few things, but if Trump actually believed the election was stolen, he would be leading his followers at rallies marching in Washington D.C. and in every "contested" state's capitol here in November of 2021.  And he would have been doing it back in February and March and April and so on.

He doesn't believe it, and regardless of what polls say, his followers don't believe it, because by their inaction, if they truly believed the election was stolen, then they are complicit in allowing it to be stolen.

Are you concluding the Trumpists don't believe it based on the fact that there hasn't been widespread terrorism, or what? I wouldn't call all the attempts at stealing the election last winter "inaction."

They believe it. They simply are who we thought they were: cowards. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Are you concluding the Trumpists don't believe it based on the fact that there hasn't been widespread terrorism, or what? I wouldn't call all the attempts at stealing the election last winter "inaction."

They believe it. They simply are who we thought they were: cowards. 

They are cowards.  As much as they seem to fear minorities or the young, and fear losing what power they have, they fear losing everything even more, because they are still way more comfortable than a lot of other folks in the US.

They may even believe the election is stolen, but they don't feel strong enough about it to risk everything they have.

That's why they aren't willing to give their lives in service to The Orange One.

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

A23AFA34-F574-403F-82C4-1E10D15CA11E.gif

I mean that it's just funny that its most of the same posters perseverating on certain good Rus and the very bad Rus for like 6 years ongoing.  Through a whole rollercoaster of disinformation and nonsense than runs multiple arms length, all the while thinking that a little fragile prism of perspective is sufficient for a geopolitical course laid over over millennia+.