How Fox News works

retread

People talk about how "liberal" CNN is, yet the top personalities at Fox News don't even call themselves "journalists." CNN fired star anchor Chris Cuomo for his involvement in his brother's situation. Fox News celebrates their shit-birds.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/29/politics/hannity-text-messages-meadows-trump-white-house/index.ht

Hannity has said he is not a journalist, and Fox does not hold him to traditional journalistic standards. He is more akin to a GOP activist and entertainer, like some of his fellow Fox hosts. In addition to Hannity, Fox's Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson, Maria Bartiromo and Brian Kilmeade all sent messages to Meadows as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sadder than that is Steve 'The Next Revolution' Hilton was advisor to former PM David Cameron (Panama Papers etc) so the divisiveness and hypocrisy is pretty much baked into everything Fox does without question (as in asking oneself why this man has a show and why it might be important to certain people both stateside and abroad that he does.)

Allowing Murdoch and other foreign entities to enter the US broadcasting market was a huge mistake.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I don't understand this question, that you then answered yourself.

I'm not sure what's confusing about it if you saw the post preceding mine. Guessing at an answer really isn't answering your own question, by the way. 

Post: Fox asshole says Biden incited mobs to disrupt the SCOTUS.

Hookah: Did I miss that happening? Probably not. 

Longhorn_Fan68: ????

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm not sure what's confusing about it if you saw the post preceding mine. Guessing at an answer really isn't answering your own question, by the way. 

Post: Fox asshole says Biden incited mobs to disrupt the SCOTUS.

Hookah: Did I miss that happening? Probably not. 

Longhorn_Fan68: ????

I guess it was just weird phrasing. on reread it made more sense. ignore me. lol

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Did I miss mobs disrupting the SCOTUS or Biden inciting the same? I'm guessing I did not. 

You don't remember Biden making a speech telling people he was going march with them to the supreme court?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Fox News suddenly goes silent on Great Replacement Theory:

"Fox News, according to Oliver Darcy, a media correspondent for CNN, “largely ignored” the fact that the shooter had been inspired by replacement theory. Darcy searched transcripts from Fox News’s shows, and found one brief mention, by Fox News anchor Eric Shawn.

As Americans absorbed news of the shooting and struggled to understand why it had happened, it seemed a glaring omission. But given Carlson and his colleagues’ promotion of the theory, which has been unchecked by Fox News’s top executives, experts see the network as being left in a bind.

“What can they say?” said Matt Gertz, senior fellow at Media Matters for America, a watchdog of rightwing media. “There’s no way for anyone at Fox News to really issue a convincing and compelling, forthright denunciation of great replacement theory, because it’s being discussed on the network’s primetime hour on a near constant basis.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/17/buffalo-shooting-fox-news-tucker-carlson-great-replacement-theory

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Tucker can’t die soon enough. 

What you have to realize is that the more horrible a person is, the closer to immortal they are.

Trump, Tucker, Ted Nugent, Flynn......every one of those fuckers is going to live to the age of 197 or some shit.  Because this fucking timeline.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What you have to realize is that the more horrible a person is, the closer to immortal they are.

Trump, Tucker, Ted Nugent, Flynn......every one of those fuckers is going to live to the age of 197 or some shit.  Because this fucking timeline.

It’s the Sauron principle. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

image.png.bece4614e4d032d53cf1a836d9fd1303.png

This is where we are.  When called out on white supremacy, we've passed the point where the right tries to deny and evade.  We are now here:

kELnsn.gif

There's no coming back from this.

Edited by Brisketexan

On 5/12/2022 at 5:22 PM, wildcat09 said:

Sometimes when I feel like killing someone,
I do a little trick to calm myself down.
I’ll go over to the person’s house and ring the doorbell.
When the person comes to the door, I’m gone,
but you know what I’ve left on the porch?
A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side
of its head with a note that says “You.”
After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is where we are.  When called out on white supremacy, we've passed the point where the right tries to deny and evade.  We are now here:

There's no coming back from this.

The problem is that people who actually buy into the replacement theory are utterly fucking stupid.  Like the kind of stupid that can't be corrected with a solid education.

They really do believe that they are being bred out of existence, that the country has a limited capacity of people it can hold and that white people not having children is really bad (hence the attacks on abortion and contraception) and that Soros is bringing in brown people to somehow "replace" or diminish white people.

Do I think Tucker actually believes in replacement theory?  No, but his audience does and he can make a shitload of money off of that.

My qanon in-law buys into this shit, and she and her bf are not going to have kids - she's just about aged out of it, and if she were to have children, and her relatives would get custody in court after the state took the kid(s) away.  I am grateful we dodged the bullet of her trying to pump out a bunch of kids, but she was also told years ago that if she did have kids, they would be taken away from her.

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Can we all at least agree that Keith Richards is the exception in that he is immortal but not a horrible person? Just a genius guitarist drug abuser.  You can now continue with your talk about the News Network of the Third Reich…. Err, Fox News. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They really do believe that they are being bred out of existence, that the country has a limited capacity of people it can hold and that white people not having children is really bad (hence the attacks on abortion and contraception) and that Soros is bringing in brown people to somehow "replace" or diminish white people.

happened in the 1800s too.  northeastern wasps were being out bred by southwestern hispanic people.  solution: outlaw abortion

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Can we all at least agree that Keith Richards is the exception in that he is immortal but not a horrible person? Just a genius guitarist drug abuser.  You can now continue with your talk about the News Network of the Third Reich…. Err, Fox News. 

psh, 3rd Reich is old hat. This is the 4th or 5th or something. I dunno, ask Tucker Carlson

It’s interesting.

I’d love to ask all these assholes why they’re so afraid of being “replaced”?

Are they worried because minorities in America are treated like shit or something?

Yes.

It’s a mix of being sad about not being able to be assholes to everyone else with impunity, and fear of being treated like they treated people who aren’t like them.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Is there any way to look at it other than Tucker Carlson is directly responsible for the mass shooting in Buffalo?  This could be his Sandy Hook/Alex Jones moment.  Maybe this is the way it gets done.

35 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Is there any way to look at it other than Tucker Carlson is directly responsible for the mass shooting in Buffalo?  This could be his Sandy Hook/Alex Jones moment.  Maybe this is the way it gets done.

Cucker could have literally been an accomplice in the murders and Fox wouldn't even say anything to him about it. The only way he could conceivably get canned is if the cable carriers grow a conscience, revolts against Fox, and drops the channel. And there's not a chance in hell those greedy cable bastards sacrifice all their Fox viewing customers to do the right thing. 

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

Cucker could have literally been an accomplice in the murders and Fox wouldn't even say anything to him about it. The only way he could conceivably get canned is if the cable carriers grow a conscience, revolts against Fox, and drops the channel. And there's not a chance in hell those greedy cable bastards sacrifice all their Fox viewing customers to do the right thing. 

No, no, no.  I was not insinuating that Carlson would fall because Fox would do the right thing and fire him.  LOLOLOLOL!!!  I would never insinuate that because I know that is beyond impossible.  No, no.  What I was suggesting is that maybe the families of the victims would sue Carlson and Fox and possibly drive him into financial ruin just like Alex Jones. But the victims here are black and not white kids, so probably wouldn't work anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Do I think Tucker actually believes in replacement theory?  No, but his audience does and he can make a shitload of money off of that.

I think about this a bit differently.  From what I can tell, the Fox Viewer doesn't have an ideology other than just being part of the Republican tribe.   No matter what they say and how quickly they abandon that position for the opposite (Tucker and Ukraine) their audience will simply follow along unquestioningly.    They are victims of a propaganda and marketing blitz that feeds and exploits fears, or creating them when they didn't exist before.    The bombardment of violent rhetoric and victimization has whipped them up into a fervor.  Now how this has become a dopamine cycle for their viewers, I am not really certain, but they are getting something out of it, my guess is that it is a lot like those flat earth society members who are lonely people but they find acceptance when they can join a mob that doesn't judge them on their failings or insecurities.   

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

They are victims of a propaganda and marketing blitz that feeds and exploits fears, or creating them when they didn't exist before. 

So much this.  Everything about R voters boils down to fear.  Fear of death, fear of others, etc.  It's a really sad and pathetic existence that doesn't have any substance, as far as I can tell.  They are just walking bundles of fear.  Hence the gun culture in America.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So much this.  Everything about R voters boils down to fear.  Fear of death, fear of others, etc.  It's a really sad and pathetic existence that doesn't have any substance, as far as I can tell.  They are just walking bundles of fear.  Hence the gun culture in America.

They don't seem to fear being parted from their sweet sweet cash in order to combat all the other fears. So we've got that going for us.

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

lol, there is a poster here whose sister-in-law is terrified of replacement yet she has no kids.  What the fuck does she care how the world looks when she dies?  She's too stupid and afraid to realize she has no DNA in the game.

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

And unfortunately they are easy to manipulate and therefore extremely profitable to Fox News.

For a group of people who scream about "DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH" when confronted with facts, they don't do their own research.  They act like the biggest skeptics on the planet, but then they buy into the stupidest shit imaginable.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1