How Fox News works

retread

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's because the current GOP strategy is to continue to seed the military with people disloyal to the country, and then the next time they stage a violent revolt, the military will take their side.

They've told us this.  Openly and shamelessly ("the military will come to Trump's rescue!  It will seize voting machines and conduct the election!")  

And yes, we are in a place as a country where we need to actually be concerned about disloyal military units, and we need to stamp out extremism in our own military.  Congratulations, Republicans.  You've turned us into Egypt, El Salvador, Myanmar.....name your non-functioning democracy, and we're like it now.

And we're also in a place where one of our 2 political parties is willing to sacrifice national security to protect their dangerous lunatics and own the libs. Not that I'm surprised in the least. 

10 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Dat ratio doe .. 

Oh, man.....from a link in those comments to a story in the Independent, discussing how Fox News ratings have gone to shit, and how OANN and Newsmax are hurting them -- the point being, Fox made an audience of crazy people, but can't keep up with the crazy:

“So they’ve bred a sizable chunk of viewers who routinely deny the truth – and those viewers punished Fox News the moment they reported that Biden won Arizona, and they haven’t stopped. It’s like when that chimp you raised from a baby tears your face off.”

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Cross post from the Gaetz thread:

I had Fox on because I wanted to hear wingnut MTG talk.  After she finished, they went to Gaetz.  He said something along the lines of "Whew, I need a cigarette after how good that was."   

even creeped out the fox host

• Haha 1

I'm not a violent person, but I would give anything for just one, sweet, punch.

It really has very little to do with who he is or what he says. It's just...never, in all my days, have I seen a visage remotely so obnoxious, so odious, so utterly repugnant, as that of Matt Gaetz.

I can almost hear his skull crying out to my fist through the screen, begging to be punched. 

If you're out there, God, I don't ask for much. 

12 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm not a violent person, but I would give anything for just one, sweet, punch.

It really has very little to do with who he is or what he says. It's just...never, in all my days, have I seen a visage remotely so obnoxious, so odious, so utterly repugnant, as that of Matt Gaetz.

I can almost hear his skull crying out to my fist through the screen, begging to be punched. 

If you're out there, God, I don't ask for much. 

Funny that you mention God; I've often thought that Matt is trying to be this guy:

Selling Billy Graham - Webstory: Peter Webster's blog

Some people are attracted to the ministry or politics or medicine because they truly believe in service to others but the darker side is that some are attracted for the power over others.

Hence you have Matt pretending he is Billy Graham but he's really just a Graham Cracker.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

1. I am a bit as well - I honestly thought there was some kind of relationship between Dominion and Smartmatic, and 2. didn't realize they were direct competitors.

I also, and this is the bigly part that will cost Fox News dearly, 3didn't realize that Smartmatic was only used in one county in the nation (in Los Angels County in California no less, an area that Trump was never going to win).

I was under the impression that Smartmatic was used extensively across the US.

Answers to address the three parts I called out

1. you were intentionally lied to by a company with "News" in their name but not in their programming

2. you were intentionally lied to by a company with "News" in their name but not in their programming

3. you were intentionally lied to by a company with "News" in their name but not in their programming

• Hook 'Em 3

This is the part where everyone gets their hopes up, until realizing that this is only temporary until Fox figures out a way to disclaimer everything like OAN did with the pillow peddler. Then it's the same old same old. They'll run it fast along the bottom in tiny script like the Pharma companies do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That's because the current GOP strategy is to continue to seed the military with people disloyal to the country, and then the next time they stage a violent revolt, the military will take their side.

They've told us this.  Openly and shamelessly ("the military will come to Trump's rescue!  It will seize voting machines and conduct the election!")  

And yet the military leadership made very clear, even after Trump tried to seed the civilian groups and leadership around it with loyalists, that it was not going to side with Trump and/or go against the the Constitution.

The military didn't come to Trump's rescue, and the rest of that was a bunch of qanon bullshit that you apparently bought into.

Pro tip, as somebody who was a young enlisted soldier, your typical enlisted soldier cares about two things:  Getting paid and getting laid.  I gave no shits about what Bill Clinton was doing in D.C., unless it involved me personally (we had to do a couple of exercises focused on North Korea as a result of his posturing or something).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And yet the military leadership made very clear, even after Trump tried to seed the civilian groups and leadership around it with loyalists, that it was not going to side with Trump and/or go against the the Constitution.

The military didn't come to Trump's rescue, and the rest of that was a bunch of qanon bullshit that you apparently bought into.

Pro tip, as somebody who was a young enlisted soldier, your typical enlisted soldier cares about two things:  Getting paid and getting laid.  I gave no shits about what Bill Clinton was doing in D.C., unless it involved me personally (we had to do a couple of exercises focused on North Korea as a result of his posturing or something).

Did you happen to catch last week's Gaslit Nation where they commented about General Flynn, Michael Flynn's brother? They remarked how no news agencies had talked about it prior to the insurrection (that they were aware of) and how the military didn't really elaborate further on the questions after the FOIA request regarding the insurrection and the phone call and how he was in the room. Apparently he's scheduled for a promotion soon? The whole episode with Esper stepping down, and then Barr disengaging so he wouldn't be linked to the whole mess is telling that this was not as clown car as it appears on the surface. If the military can resist, great, but the seditionists are not going to stop trying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is the part where everyone gets their hopes up, until realizing that this is only temporary until Fox figures out a way to disclaimer everything like OAN did with the pillow peddler. Then it's the same old same old. They'll run it fast along the bottom in tiny script like the Pharma companies do.

This is actually pretty huge.

This was directed by the Murdochs.

Whether it was an attempt to start cutting back on their legal liabilities, or was meant as a warning shot across the bow at Hannity/Tucker/etc., who knows, but this is huge.