How Fox News works

retread

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I'm fucking shocked they would shit can Dobbs.

I'm going to be shocked if it isn't like 'disappearing' Tucker for a while when things get hot, but perhaps I will be wrong. I don't mind being wrong on this one at all. However, it may not be just the electronic software lawsuit if more comes out next week during the hearing. Considering that they played host to some key figures, they may be thinking to throw some folks under the bus in a preemptive manner to soften the blow? They wouldn't be directly responsible for the insurrection, obviously, but their ratings are going to fluctuate worse than Trump's stock market during the pandemic.

And yet the military leadership made very clear, even after Trump tried to seed the civilian groups and leadership around it with loyalists, that it was not going to side with Trump and/or go against the the Constitution.
The military didn't come to Trump's rescue, and the rest of that was a bunch of qanon bullshit that you apparently bought into.
Pro tip, as somebody who was a young enlisted soldier, your typical enlisted soldier cares about two things:  Getting paid and getting laid.  I gave no shits about what Bill Clinton was doing in D.C., unless it involved me personally (we had to do a couple of exercises focused on North Korea as a result of his posturing or something).

Oh, I’m quite glad the leadership was clear and strong. And while I didn’t serve, I am well acquainted with the attitude of which you speak.
That said....we also have a rather clear and acknowledged problem with white supremacist extremists in the military, and we are well aware that they are continuing to both place people within the military and recruit current members to their cause. A shitload of veterans were part of the violent revolt. Tim mcveigh was a vet. We have a right-wing extremist problem in the military, and the right is trying to expand it.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

.we also have a rather clear and acknowledged problem with white supremacist extremists in the military

Not if they are following orders. They are the property of the United States of America - with civilian leadership. But the scrambled eggs control the services and how they are run. Military law is very clear on following orders. Active duty are under orders. 

Our military is fucking good at what they do. I wish they weren't used as much as they are, but this is a dangerous world (made more dangerous by Trump's distractions). The Military and the Judicial Branch upheld the Constitution - both are Hodors who held  the fucking doors against a very bad outcome for the nation.

God bless the legal and military sectors for following laws and the Constitution. It matters. 

Game of Thrones season 6: the truth about Hodor, explained - Vox

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The fact that it was even on Fox Business is such a fucking joke. I do still love how they downgraded his camera to make him look less like the face of death, or what Al Davis looked like his final years. 

Hope he goes the way of Joe Paterno being cancelled.

7 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

The fact that it was even on Fox Business is such a fucking joke. I do still love how they downgraded his camera to make him look less like the face of death, or what Al Davis looked like his final years. 

Hope he goes the way of Joe Paterno being cancelled.

Hard to believe Dobbs used to the credible financial news anchor at CNN.

Fucking douche.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It also sounds as if dobbs isn’t going to switch to another network. He’s still under contract with Fox, so he’s just going to be sitting home earning a paycheck and unable to say a word.

My guess is that Fox told their talent not to acknowledge or mention the voting machine lawsuit against Fox but Dobbs was planning otherwise. And when he refused, Fox Legal advised execs to not let Dobbs on air again.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My guess is that Fox told their talent not to acknowledge or mention the voting machine lawsuit against Fox but Dobbs was planning otherwise. And when he refused, Fox Legal advised execs to not let Dobbs on air again.

What did you read to make you guess that?

13 minutes ago, Bookman said:

What did you read to make you guess that?

No where but it makes sense. Just canceling his show makes Fox News seem more guilty on this lawsuit, if you ask me. It feels like an admission of guilt. If that is true and it would be better to leave him on air,  then his cancellation must be because he was about to make the lawsuit defense worse by additional comments. Or they felt they couldn’t trust him to not make the lawsuit worse.

or maybe something else is going on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Shadow FORMER president strikes again:

ICYMI, Amy Kremer is the Chair for America First Women, Co-founder of the Women for Trump PAC, worked with StopTheSteal, and IIRC was one of the people who organized the march/rally on January 6th. This wave of "America First" is code and is going to swell as 2022 approaches.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lou gonna be super excited to join the Trump News Network until he sees the contract only paying him 100k a year. 

and you get one paycheck per year on December 31st if trump thinks you’ve deserved it. Or it may be delayed another month or two.  Accounting errors.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and you get one paycheck per year on December 31st if trump thinks you’ve deserved it. Or it may be delayed another month or two.  Accounting errors.

He'd love to pay but the payroll account is still being audited. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lou gonna be super excited to join the Trump News Network until he sees the contract only paying him 100k a year. 

He'll be excited to see a check at all if it ever shows up. That franchise fee is going to kill him.

Edited by RPM

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It also sounds as if dobbs isn’t going to switch to another network. He’s still under contract with Fox, so he’s just going to be sitting home earning a paycheck and unable to say a word.

NPR announced it this am and said Fox had a statement that this was routine scheduling change planned back in October 

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Shadow FORMER president strikes again:

ICYMI, Amy Kremer is the Chair for America First Women, Co-founder of the Women for Trump PAC, worked with StopTheSteal, and IIRC was one of the people who organized the march/rally on January 6th. This wave of "America First" is code and is going to swell as 2022 approaches.

Lol, my favorite article this week was about Don writing out insults and then asking other people to tweet them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Lol, my favorite article this week was about Don writing out insults and then asking other people to tweet them.

Bad news, he is exploring Gab now and may begin there. Sad day if he does. I said it before that its revived platform is going to be where the next round of radicals and extremists and nationalists are made.

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No where but it makes sense. Just canceling his show makes Fox News seem more guilty on this lawsuit, if you ask me. It feels like an admission of guilt. If that is true and it would be better to leave him on air,  then his cancellation must be because he was about to make the lawsuit defense worse by additional comments. Or they felt they couldn’t trust him to not make the lawsuit worse.

circling back to re-inject this in to the conversation going in to the sunday morning cycle

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

source.gif
I spent two weeks surfing Santa Cruz last February as all this covid shit was just hitting and that shit was awesome.
The shit since 1-20-21 is almost better. Maybe even better than that. I can't fly back out, but all the tattered Trump 2020 flags around rural Texas that are barely readable on the way to the coast, the FAFO. It's a pretty tasty wave.

Jim Acosta told the Atlantic that he expected covering Biden would require a different style than his pugilism with Trump, who presented a "nonstop national emergency."

Fox News published an article about how Acosta got "roasted" for his comments., linking a bunch of dumbass tweets from Trumpers who unsurprisingly turned his comment into an admission that the media won't hold Biden to account.