How Fox News works

retread

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Trevor Lawrence looks just like a girl I used to work with who I wanted to bang. I'm not sure how to sort through these feelings. 

I’ve dated a lot of long-haired girls and none of them tossed their hair around as much as Lawrence does. 

So I have a new theory about the millions of people that watch Fox News. They know it’s not real. They don’t care. They want the rage entertainment. They have given up on reality and only care about feeding the rage button in their brains. 

Im serious. These people do not care about reality, only the invented one on the television. Until it hurts their personal lives, they can get away with it. It’s all just happening on tv for most of them. 

• Like 1

So I have a new theory about the millions of people that watch Fox News. They know it’s not real. They don’t care. They want the rage entertainment. They have given up on reality and only care about feeding the rage button in their brains. 

Im serious. These people do not care about reality, only the invented one on the television. Until it hurts their personal lives, they can get away with it. It’s all just happening on tv for most of them. 

Nope. I’m here to tell you that they actually believe in their alternate reality. Fervently. They will dedicate their lives and their money to it. I’ve seen it in real-world action.
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. I’m here to tell you that they actually believe in their alternate reality. Fervently. They will dedicate their lives and their money to it. I’ve seen it in real-world action.

I think on the surface they do, but deep down, they have to know it’s not real. Right?  RIGHT?!?!

I think on the surface they do, but deep down, they have to know it’s not real. Right?  RIGHT?!?!

I wish.

I’m literally dealing with some of these people right now. They believe in an alternate reality so deeply that they dedicate most of their energy and a lot of money to pursuing it. And you can’t reason with them. When you challenge them on the fact that they have literally NO facts to support their contention, their response is “well, that’s my opinion.” It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s a question of fact....and they proudly declare that facts don’t matter.

It’s f whitely horrifying. Actual lives are being actually ruined because people believe in a fake world/reality.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

If you can convince yourself that a virgin got pregnant nearly 2,000 years before the invention of artificial insemination, you can convince yourself of anything.

I’ve said this before. These people aren’t victims of lies. They’re eager and willing consumers of them.

I recently posted a “both sides!” reply I received from a Trumpkin friend of mine to a text I sent during the 1/6 insurrection. He once said, “Fuck Walter Cronkite!” He wasn’t bothered by the fact that Cronkite had reported the truth about America’s doomed effort in Vietnam. He was bothered by the fact that Cronkite was reporting a truth he didn’t want to believe. Decades after Cronkite was proven right and he still holds a grudge. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 3:40 PM, Brisketexan said:

they proudly declare that facts don’t matter.

It’s f whitely horrifying. Actual lives are being actually ruined because people believe in a fake world/reality.

Facts don't matter. That really is the simplest way to describe why the divide is so wide and toxic. it's not disagreeing on policy or opinion in relation to a fact, mutually agreed upon thing that might have disagreement spawn from it. There are no mutually agreed upon things anymore to anchor us to the same reality. It's just opinions. Made up, baseless, hateful, viral, destructive opinions. And they take it to the bank like it's the word of god.

I don't know what the fix is. Thankfully I don't deal with it too much up here in Antifa HQ Seattle. Bless your little hearts for those of you with family that's been sucked down the rabbit hole.

Oh and I came here to post that Acosta hammer. Bullshit Factory is going to get used at every opportunity for a while now.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/1/2021 at 4:35 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I don't know if they know it's fake or believe it's real.  I do know that they aren't interested in any facts that prove that what they believe isn't real, though.  I've told this story before, but my mother used to send me the FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: emails.  I started replying all to every one of them with a link that showed that the story she was sending me was created in a bullshit factory.  She did not quit sending out those FW:FW:FW:FW  emails to a 100 people, she just quit sending them to me.  I changed exactly 0 of her opinions because I fact checked the BS she was sending out.  I doubt I changed the opinion of anyone else she was sending that stuff to as well.  

The last time we talked, I told her that the insurrection completely changed my outlook on the BS I'd been hearing from my whole family for the last 20 years, and while before I humored them or changed the subject, or had successfully gotten some of them not to talk about it in front of me anymore, I was now in a place where I already know what the family thinks, and I'm struggling to find a way to care about people so fundamentally opposed to what the US stands for that they would be willing to throw away our democracy over a fucking con man.  Since I hadn't figured that out yet, that's the reason she hasn't been hearing from me.  She's on notice that she needs to do some thinking about whether her believing lies is more important than maintaining a good relationship with me.

Thats was a few weeks ago and I haven't talked to her again since then, so I guess I have my answer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 4

33 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I don't know if they know it's fake or believe it's real.  I do know that they aren't interested in any facts that prove that what they believe isn't real, though.  I've told this story before, but my mother used to send me the FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: emails.  I started replying all to every one of them with a link that showed that the story she was sending me was created in a bullshit factory.  She did not quit sending out those FW:FW:FW:FW  emails to a 100 people, she just quit sending them to me.  I changed exactly 0 of her opinions because I fact checked the BS she was sending out.  I doubt I changed the opinion of anyone else she was sending that stuff to as well.  

The last time we talked, I told her that the insurrection completely changed my outlook on the BS I'd been hearing from my whole family for the last 20 years, and while before I humored them or changed the subject, or had successfully gotten some of them not to talk about it in front of me anymore, I was now in a place where I already know what the family thinks, and I'm struggling to find a way to care about people so fundamentally opposed to what the US stands for that they would be willing to throw away our democracy over a fucking con man.  Since I hadn't figured that out yet, that's the reason she hasn't been hearing from me.  She's on notice that she needs to do some thinking about whether her believing lies is more important than maintaining a good relationship with me.

Thats was a few weeks ago and I haven't talked to her again since then, so I guess I have my answer. 

sorry dude, that sucks.

20 hours ago, cam4mav said:

Oh and I came here to post that Acosta hammer. Bullshit Factory is going to get used at every opportunity for a while now.

This is what every media outlet that doesn't peddle in lies and bullshit needs to be calling it.  I'm serious.  Gloves need to come off and people need to stop fucking watching propaganda.  

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

That's pretty much the same conversation I had with my sister. She's hooked on the kool aid. Haven't spoken to her since Jan 6.

Some idiot left the newsmax channel on at the gym in the cardio room.  Thankfully no volume on those, so no idea why they would have it on.   I had never seen it before.  First thing I saw was a commercial for some kind of shower heard that was apparently "germ free."  They showed an old lady making a screaming face as germ filled water (animated green slime) rained down on her head from her regular disgusting shower head.  Cuz, you know, germs are these things you can see and uh, they rain down on you from your shower head.

I knew from the commercial that whatever show was about to come on was going to be some right wing scare mongering bullshit.  Geezus.  

Oh, and the show itself was apparently concerned with accuracy in reporting in the Guliani case.  The panel consisted of one dude who was a "Phd" and that was it oh but he ran for congress in Fl. so let's bring him on.

Even as a right winger one would think you would have to be bored out of your damn skull to watch this shit.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

The thing with that commercial, is how are these fuckers terrified of so many things, but always the wrong things?  

those pearls aren't gonna clutch themselves, gotta get creative with it

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is what every media outlet that doesn't peddle in lies and bullshit needs to be calling it.  I'm serious.  Gloves need to come off and people need to stop fucking watching propaganda.  

more from CNN after a word from our sponsors:

23 hours ago, cam4mav said:

Facts don't matter. That really is the simplest way to describe why the divide is so wide and toxic. it's not disagreeing on policy or opinion in relation to a fact, mutually agreed upon thing that might have disagreement spawn from it. There are no mutually agreed upon things anymore to anchor us to the same reality. It's just opinions. Made up, baseless, hateful, viral, destructive opinions. And they take it to the bank like it's the word of god.

I don't know what the fix is. Thankfully I don't deal with it too much up here in Antifa HQ Seattle. Bless your little hearts for those of you with family that's been sucked down the rabbit hole.

I'm squarely in the middle. Fiscally conservative and socially liberal.  

What I can't understand is how someone can claim that the right lives in a fantasy land but the left does not?  I mean it is blatantly obvious that hardliners on both sides of the aisle are unwilling to accept facts that do not fit their narrative. 

• Fuck You 7
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

What I can't understand is how someone can claim that the right lives in a fantasy land but the left does not?  I mean it is blatantly obvious that hardliners on both sides of the aisle are unwilling to accept facts that do not fit their narrative. 

you're gonna get eaten alive here

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

Maybe I'd worry about that if the hardliners on the left had any actual power.  They don't, so I'm going to worry about the hardliners on the right that run that party.  But you keep worrying about the powerless like the harliners on the right keep asking you to.  That's going to work out great for you right up until it doesn't.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Not sure if you're necessarily saying that I was making that claim or making a note general comment cause I agree with you on that. I'm socially very liberal, fiscally pretty neutral, and anti world police role, just for reference.

The extreme right, the very loud, more populous than ever before, holding more seats and votes than ever before, hold much more influence and power than the equivalent on the left.

Yabos are going to exist on each spectrum until the end of time. Keeping them out of the sphere of influence so the adults can run things is important.

The republican party failed to keep the inmates from running the asylum over the last 8 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

What do you mean by this? Serious question, in your views, what is a fiscally conservative policy? 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

I’m a perfectly rational guy with objective, reasonable, centrist views. What I can’t understand is: why does everyone always criticize Hitler, but no one ever blames the Holocaust on German leftists? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 5/1/2021 at 5:31 PM, Biff Tannen said:

My mom is a ditzy blond type and everything she knows about the current state of the country and world comes from Fox News. It's really sad. 

1 hour ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

Can you paint me a picture of the alternate reality the left lives in? Genuinely curious what you're talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

The thing with that commercial, is how are these fuckers terrified of so many things, but always the wrong things?  

It’s like we all woke up one day and realized we’re living in that Old Glory Robot Insurance commercial, except that the old people are racist dicks, the robots are stealing their Super Alpha Mega Boner Plus pills, and Sam Watterston was replaced by a sweaty blockhead in an Affliction shirt named Slam Dongcheeto.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4