How Fox News works

retread

2 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

There’s a Surly Subforum called Daily Texan about current events

Thanks, will check out.  This site has the best of everything and so many rabbit holes.  

Edited by Mdhorn

6 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

For those who’ve never seen the scene..... holy shit does it hold up to what’s going on right now.

Pretty funny--have you read or poured over the data for fossils?  I'd test this with my family but it would only justify their faith.

The owners of Fox News want the workers to got back to work whether they die or not. 

Its all about sacrificing yourself for the greater good for the economy. The Fox News owners want you to to go back to work so they can make money and if some of you die, oh well. 

Fox News is rallying protesters to go back to work so they can both do two things, ((1) improve the economy, and (2) die.

That’s what they want you to do. 

Do what you will. 

I’m awfully glad you asked me that Lloyd.Because I just happen
to have two twenties and two tens
right here in my wallet. I was
afraid they were going to be there
until next April. So here's what:
you slip me a bottle of Bourbon, a
glass and some ice. You can do
that, can't you, Lloyd? You're not
to busy, are you?

Edited by JimmyJames

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The owners of Fox News want the workers to got back to work whether they die or not. 

Its all about sacrificing yourself for the greater good for the economy. The Fox News owners want you to to go back to work so they can make money and if some of you die, oh well. 

Fox News is rallying protesters to go back to work so they can both do two things, ((1) improve the economy, and (2) die.

That’s what they want you to do. 

Do what you will. 

Well, according to our brilliant Lt. Gov., Dumbass Patrick, there more important things than living.  You can't make this shit up.   Go for it, Danny Boy.

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It's a good retort against Tucker Carlson's bullshit and total hypocrisy, but it will never be seen or read by the millions of people who watch his program.  Tucker's viewpoint will be the only one millions of morons, including our own Iconoclast, will absorb.  

If we don't figure out a way to take back all houses of government and restore something resembling the fairness doctrine, this country will continue its downward slide.

The rest of the media should be pounding out stories of conservative media's lies and hypocrisy daily on every channel, newspaper, and website until it's too overwhelming to ignore.  Unfortunately, other than throwing some rocks occasionally the media treats Fox like an equal colleague.  

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Once Biden is sworn in as president the very first order of business should be the army should immediately by given orders to shut down and arrest everyone at Fox News from Rupert fucking Murdoch on down to the interns. And if Australia says no to extradition tell them we’re gonna nuke them if they don’t comply.

Would solve 90 percent of our problems.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2020 at 11:22 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

It's a miracle Trump didn't make him the surgeon general. 

He still has 9 months before he’s no longer President. So time to fire the current SG and put in Dr. Phil. Would fit his pattern of placing unqualified people in high positions. 

Once Biden is sworn in as president the very first order of business should be the army should immediately by given orders to shut down and arrest everyone at Fox News from Rupert fucking Murdoch on down to the interns. And if Australia says no to extradition tell them we’re gonna nuke them if they don’t comply.
Would solve 90 percent of our problems.

I said speak your mind Jack, but Jesus!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

I said speak your mind Jack, but Jesus!

Yeah I know I’m being radical but we are unfortunately or not living in interesting times. 

This is not the time to think small. Now is the time to think big. And eliminating a completely subversive enemy for profit hate filled money making for profit organization like Fox News is both completely legitimate and necessary. 

They have declared war on America for their own profit. Time to counter that.

33 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Has Fox News reached the bottom yet? Are they even close?

Republicans are always the victims.  Who knew pandemics were political and the lengths Libs were willing to go at the expense of the Pubs.  But in a world where every accusation is a confession, you better be damn leery of what Republicans would do. For some reason, they're willing to nuke their olds and their geriatrics are ready to get martyred for nothing.     

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Nah. Attacking the studies as biased and not showing that the drug is ineffective. 

It is irresponsible of the media to report the results of a non-peer-reviewed study that contradict the results of the non-peer-reviewed study that was announced by a fraudster via Twitter and FOX News.  

Edited by BrickHorn

University of Chicago study. Watching Hannity was literally deadly"

Counties in which residents watched more "Hannity" than "Tucker Carlson Tonight" during the early days of the coronavirus pandemic have seen a greater number of cases and deaths, according to a new study into the effects of news coverage on behavior and health outcomes.

In their working paper "Misinformation During a Pandemic," researchers at the University of Chicago contend that Hannity initially downplayed the virus on his show, including not mentioning it all for most of February, before gradually changing his position by mid-March, whereas Carlson warned viewers about the threat posed by the coronavirus from early February.

https://bfi.uchicago.edu/wp-content/uploads/BFI_WP_202044.pdf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It’s amazing how that guy went from America’s mayor to this. He decided ruining his legacy wasn’t enough and he’s set out to absolutely murder any good thought that anyone ever had about him. It’s amazing to watch really. 

spacer.png