General Lacrosse Thread

UT Lax

As a means to start up the General Lacrosse Thread, the Missouri High School State Lacrosse Champions, MICDS, plays the 2x defending State Champions Dallas Jesuit at Jesuit's Postell stadium tonight (Thursday 3/29) at 7:30pm.

• 1 month later...

The Woodlands breaking Dallas's decade plus state title streak is pretty impressive.

HP won the D2 championship means it'll be back soon though.

Anyone make it out to Dragon Stadium this past weekend for the games?

Just an FYI, Jesuit JV which is mostly Freshman tied HPD D2 8-8 and should have beaten them as Jesuit JV were missing 4 of the top Freshman.  HP DII is Freshman dominated.  HP's Sophomore class (2020) and Junior (2019) classes are very thin.  The Woodlands is deep 2019-2020 as is ESD.  Next couple of years, the best teams are likely to be The Woodlands and ESD with Southlake, Plano West,  being upstarts because of strong 2020 classes.  Jesuit and HP will be right there, but a rung below ESD and The Woodlands.  In 2021 the best teams will likely be HP and Jesuit.  

• 5 years later...

Necro of all necro bumps here..

Surely there are a few lacrosse fans or Dads of lacrosse players on SH.

5 games into the the High School season here in FLA and my 3 daughters are all playing on the same varsity team for the first time this year. Occasionally all 3 Lil Boggetts are on the draw circle at the same time. 

Anyone else have kids playing?

anyone?

Bueller?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 2:57 PM, Dish Boggett said:

Necro of all necro bumps here..

Surely there are a few lacrosse fans or Dads of lacrosse players on SH.

5 games into the the High School season here in FLA and my 3 daughters are all playing on the same varsity team for the first time this year. Occasionally all 3 Lil Boggetts are on the draw circle at the same time. 

Anyone else have kids playing?

anyone?

Bueller?

My 2 sons play in DFW.  Both large and angry d-poles.

Ethan Burke was also committed to Maryland lacrosse at one time.  Terps could use them BOTH this season - unranked at 5-3 and play #4 Penn State tomorrow.

Pat Spencer won the Tewaaraton Award (lacrosse's Heisman) in 2019 and holds the NCAA record for career Assists, 4th in career Points.  Grad Transferred from Loyola (Md) to Northwestern to play basketball.  Spent a year in the Bundesliga 2, where I think he helped his team get promoted.  Been with Golden State's G League team in Santa Cruz the last 2 seasons.  Recently got some run with the big club.

image.png.421164bef41ac756895f75c719a7a51b.png

Last year preseason:

Today: Texas kid from The Woodlands goes coast to coast to score a Go Ahead Goalie Goal.  13-10 (2) Virginia over Harvard.

Westlake kid

On 3/28/2024 at 2:40 PM, Scary Stranger said:

My 2 sons play in DFW.  Both large and angry d-poles.

That’s awesome..   what school?

how is the season going?

my oldest went down last week with a knee injury.. MRI Monday night , fingers crossed.  she is a sophomore so it’s her big recruiting summer.

Longhorns are 11-0 with LSU on the road and A&M in Austin on Friday, Apr 12 at 7pm.  If you haven't been to a game down at the Caven/Clark Field, you should go.  Aggies aren't good, so it won't be competitive, but it's a great venue for the sport and that rivalry never stopped in lacrosse.

https://mcla.us/team/texas/2024/schedule.html

As good a guess at the MCLA Tournament, should chalk hold through conference tournaments:

On 4/10/2024 at 4:54 PM, CleverNickname said:

Oh! I should note I am the proud owner of a 2023 Westwood Lax State Champ shirt.

Congrats! Not something we ever accomplished when I played there in the early 90s despite having one of the better teams in the state.  However, my daughter did find one of my old Westwood lacrosse shirts at my parent's house that she likes to wear around.

• Hook 'Em 1

Paul Rabil is a recently retired player, and he was the Lebron James of lacrosse - 6'5" 240# and could do it all.  He's also the founder of the PLL and the face of the league office, although his brother is the CEO.

• Hook 'Em 1

awesome re Texas lax. And props to Mr and Mrs Caven, the UT lax facilities are amazing for a club sport. I know the WW women's lax team had a visit to meet the UT women and tour the facilities a week ago or so. That donor was a forward thinker. kudos

https://www.utrecsports.org/facilities/caven-clark-field-history

HS state champs: it will coming back to 'Wood in 2028 and 2029, if not sooner. They got a killer crop of dudes coming up from middle school and some very good coaches. 

Edited by CleverNickname