2019 MLB thread

spystud13

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yankees-Rays tied going to the bottom of the 9th on MLBN, with Urshela due up. He leads the majors with 3 game tying/go-ahead hits in the 9th inning or later this year. He's also only played in 34 games. 

Damn he flew out to center on the 12th pitch of the AB. Still love him.

You will hate him soon enough 

Todd Frazier hates Adam Eaton, doesn't get Alanis:

“That’s Adam,” Frazier told reporters. “That’s him. At the end of the day, you think about what a man really is. You settle stuff out on the field, you don’t really talk about it. That’s basically what I do.

“I didn’t really want to talk about it, but I heard what he said. It didn’t really bother me that much, but at the end of the day, you ask guys. When I played with the White Sox in 2016, ask all 23 of those guys. They know what happened. For him to talk after that. I don’t know how you talk after that. That’s all I’ll say. Men usually settle it on the field. They don’t need to talk about it. But he started it.”

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Carter Stewart just kicked the mlb draft in the nuts. He signed with a Japanese team this week instead of getting drafted in a couple of weeks. Of course his agent is Scott Boras. Rules will have to be changed

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/carter-stewart-is-scott-boras-perfect-mlb-draft-tool/amp/

How's UT's Japanese department?  Maybe we can start using it to recruit

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the time you're allowed to boo the shift as a pitcher is when a normal swing creates a dp ball that would've been right at a regularly positioned guy, but slips thru for a hit.

that bunt was because of the shift - what did he expect?

I think he was just voicing his frustration to the coaches for their shift alignment. They weren’t ever going to be able to defend that if it got past the pitcher. Not really his fault, yet it shows up on the ole WHIP, and could obviously start a rally.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think he was just voicing his frustration to the coaches for their shift alignment. They weren’t ever going to be able to defend that if it got past the pitcher. Not really his fault, yet it shows up on the ole WHIP, and could obviously start a rally.

oh of course, i get it.  still hilarious.