2019 MLB thread

spystud13

Just now, Henry Hill said:

Never heard of a player referred to as a sac bunting machine. That’s a new one.

lol, that's what's so crazy about it. because no full time mlb guys can sac bunt to save their lives, the fact that *this* guy happened to be at the plate made the decision as much of a no-brainer as you can have. and yet somehow he was told to swing away. 

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Technically, those 18 sacs were 4 years ago in A-ball, but I get it.

Best part of that inning was the incredible route Gonzalez took on his fluke-ass SB. 

lol, never seen someone complicate an easy stolen base with a route like that. how do you veer off into the infield and then back into the dirt while stealing?

10 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

apparently quite the ump show going on in the Rangers/Astros game

https://streamable.com/9pylv

That is one pathetic loser. Wow. Talk about looking for a fight.

"I can look wherever the hell I want. I can look wherever the fuck I want. Yeah. That's right."

-Ron Kulpa, thin-skinned shit starter 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

you know i've seen a bunch of people here trash jessica mendoza, which i think is just crazy and a sign of personal insecurity- but does anyone else here hate listening to John Sciambi? It's like he spends the entire broadcast trying to tell stories and "talk baseball" so that he can prove that he belongs there with the former MLB guys. I just really hate listening to him. 

They’re not mutually exclusive.

you know i've seen a bunch of people here trash jessica mendoza, which i think is just crazy and a sign of personal insecurity- but does anyone else here hate listening to John Sciambi? It's like he spends the entire broadcast trying to tell stories and "talk baseball" so that he can prove that he belongs there with the former MLB guys. I just really hate listening to him. 
Nothing wrong with Mendoza at all. She's much better than A-Rod, but that isn't saying much.

36 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If I’m the Astros I might consider an unfortunate “cross-up” that involves a fastball getting by Stassi and plunking that ump in the mask. What a cunt. His grin towards Cole pissed me off and I’m not even involved, or an Astros fan. 

God bless catchers. 

9 hours ago, spystud13 said:

It’s is truly unreal how fucking awful this fuck is on defense. 

I never really got how he could be considered a number 1 prospect.  Number 1s look like Arod or Verlander or something like that.  He has just looked like a light hitting stick figure middle infielder since he was 18.  He was never going to be Cano or Altuve.  What's he going to be best case scenario when they were ranking him?  A regular 3 win player?  That's the best prospect?

Well, before two shoulder surgeries he could actually throw a little. Now, he’s comical. He can’t play any defensive position. 

If he actually took over for Adrian at 3B, we would have a new leader for worst qualifying DRS season ever. 

Edited by spystud13

On defense, Profar wasn’t challenged in game action, but showed picturesque fluidity and movement in batting practice and pre-game infield. Additionally, Profar’s arm is at least well-above average, if not plus for the position allowing him to pivot off his back foot and fire lasers across the infield.

Oh sweet jesus, if that fuck fires off his back foot now, only umpires & fans need to worry. 

For me, the conservative approach would be to label Jurickson Profar an above average regular with multiple all-star seasons. 

That's the conservative approach for a dude that weighs a buck seventy.  Ok.  

That report is great.  "A few people get upset about how I just stick to the facts and am not prone to exaggeration like a breathless fangirl about prospects.  Also, he hit the outfield fence on a flyball and it was still rising."

47 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Random interneting brought me to the 1969 season.  Ernie Banks got 12th in the MVP voting toward the end of his career with negative .7 WAR.  Funny how much differently we measure players now.

HE HAD 106 RBI!!!  THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR FIRST BASEMAN!

2009_harold__reynolds_01.jpg?w=1000&h=60

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

The Yankees will call up infielder Thairo Estrada, the club's 19th-ranked prospect per MLB Pipeline, to replace Tulowitzki on the active roster, a source tells MLB.com's Mark Feinsand. The club has not officially announced the callup. Estrada, 23, suffered a gunshot wound in January 2018 and dealt with other injury setbacks during his recovery throughout the year. He played in 37 games in 2018 -- 18 across two levels of the Minors and 19 in the Arizona Fall League.

Don’t see that injury every day in baseball. 

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

...And an intentional walk.

They didn't intentionally walk him until the count got to 2-0.  You don't want to mess around with a dangerous hitter after you fall behind like that.

I feel bad for Davis. He Hass to publicly humiliate himself and have all the fans hate him more and more every day in order to get the money he’s signed on for.   He has to have zero confidence that he will ever be productive again. He knows it’s over.  But he has to keep going through the motions and pretending because of the contract.  Golden handcuffs yo. 

16 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I feel bad for Davis. He Hass to publicly humiliate himself and have all the fans hate him more and more every day in order to get the money he’s signed on for.   He has to have zero confidence that he will ever be productive again. He knows it’s over.  But he has to keep going through the motions and pretending because of the contract.  Golden handcuffs yo. 

I'd take that deal.

• Like 2