Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

It would be refreshing if he just came out and said,

"Hey guys, I was just kidding when I said I care about you. I don't. Ya see, Billionaires support me. My old job put me up as an empty suit so I could make sure those billionaires become godzillionaires! Isn't that great?  Yarrrgh!  I have no fucking clue what I am doing. I am a meat puppet.  Thanks, Thanks - I love the BUUUU, BUUUUS - my last name is difficult to say, so "BUUUU" is GREAT!  Yarrrgh! See ya!"

12 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Who knew so many wanted to die on wine cave hill?  Yes, the danger was Warren calling out the wine cave and not Pete spending his precious campaign time in a wine cave while not considering the bad optics of that.  Warren is the the one who should be concerned here, not Pete.  (Signed TV pundit hack and Pete Buttigieg mentor David Axelrod.)

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who knew so many wanted to die on wine cave hill?  Yes, the danger was Warren calling out the wine cave and not Pete spending his precious campaign time in a wine cave while not considering the bad optics of that.  Warren is the the one who should be concerned here, not Pete.  Signed TV pundit hack and Pete Buttigieg mentor David Axelrod. 

Ouch.  Sounds like someone hit a nerve.  Maybe Warren should have been smarter instead of playing the purity test game.

it's not corruption, it's reality. it's also kind of shitty, but it's how the game is played. she's not wrong about it being unfortunate, but i don't hold it against any of them - they need money and a lot of it, all of them. 

Pete did a good job with his homework, because i personally did not realize Warren had taken the same kind of money previously and that her current stance was relatively new. 

Something tells me it takes more money to run for President than Indiana State Treasurer. And, a lot happens in 9 years. Did you give a shit how Obama was raising cash in 2012? A foolish Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mchookem said:

it's not corruption, it's reality. it's also kind of shitty, but it's how the game is played. she's not wrong about it being unfortunate, but i don't hold it against any of them - they need money and a lot of it, all of them. 

Pete did a good job with his homework, because i personally did not realize Warren had taken the same kind of money previously and that her current stance was relatively new. 

The money isn’t the issue here.  Warren and Bernie are raising more money than the other candidates.  They are leading by example and demonstrating democracy can work better if we actually TRY.  Both Bernie and Warren have done private fundraisers in the past for their down ballot campaigns but they’ve decided to buck the corrupt system for their presidential campaigns because it MATTERS.  They know first hand the game is corrupt and want to change it for the better.  The best way to do it is demonstrate that it can be done with the way they run their presidential campaigns. 

The wine cave stuff is about the TIME and INFLUENCE plutocrats have with OUR representatives.  The money buys the candidate’s time which is their most valuable resource and who knows what kind of influence that buys on public policy when these meetings are private.  It is a form of soft corruption. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

do you think liz had corrupt intent until sometime in 2018?

No and I think most people going into public service don’t go into it with corrupt intent, including Pete.  However, far too often the corrupting influences trade political expediency for corrupt practices like selling ambassadorships to the highest bidders and putting their thumb on the scale of policy that is antithetical to the public good.  Things such a opposing net neutrality, denying climate change, cutting education spending, and harmful deregulation under the guise of free market capitalism come to mind.  It’s that underlying corrupting influence that prevents us from having a government truly for the people.  You can either defend that system or oppose it. This isn’t a difficult purity test. 

The big money influence all too easily compromises our lawmakers and therefore our laws to satisfy their interests while ignoring the issues of everyone else.  That is the corruption that needs correction. 

It’s more about who isn’t in the wine cave than who is. 

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

... Both Bernie and Warren have done private fundraisers in the past ... but they’ve decided to buck the corrupt system for their presidential campaigns because it MATTERS.  ...

lol.  Warren did the fundraising that she had to do to get past the very significant barrier to entry in US national politics.  She is well established on the national stage at this point.  She built a lot of name recognition, influence and networks on the back of her Senatorial career (built upon the fundraising that she now decries).  The cries of purity from puppet strings would have more gravitas if they weren't coming from a deeply entrenched cog in the machine.  The hypocrisy is glaring to folks who aren't wearing blinders.

14 hours ago, bernorange said:

lol.  Warren did the fundraising that she had to do to get past the very significant barrier to entry in US national politics.  She is well established on the national stage at this point.  She built a lot of name recognition, influence and networks on the back of her Senatorial career (built upon the fundraising that she now decries).  The cries of purity from puppet strings would have more gravitas if they weren't coming from a deeply entrenched cog in the machine.  The hypocrisy is glaring to folks who aren't wearing blinders.

5B47A748-F6E9-4466-B2E3-AB023325B35D_zps

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

One of the really good signs for our future is how all of the people who used to work with the likely nominee in the White House, who by pretty much all accounts really like him as a person, don't want him to be the nominee. Very cool stuff.

• Like 4

On 12/22/2019 at 10:14 AM, henrygandorf said:

jesus hugo, this isn’t about corruption, it’s about double standards.  twitter is rotting your brain. 

Barry Switzer once called Jackie Sherrill a cheating son of a bitch. Was he wrong?