Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

As much as I love Beto, if Pete keeps this momentum he'll probably get my nod in the primary.

same.  I feel like there's more substance to Pete.  I dont know why but I do.  And I'd happily vote for Beto again

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I feel like there's more substance to Pete.  I dont know why but I do.

You feel that way because it's plainly true and completely undeniable. Go with your gut on this one. Pete and Beto are nothing alike, basically in any way other than they're both white.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

same.  I feel like there's more substance to Pete.  I dont know why but I do.  And I'd happily vote for Beto again

Same.  Yeah, his dad was from Malta, but at least he wasn’t Armenian or Irish.

Plus, I’d like to see everybody have to learn how to pronounce his name.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you could pair him with the right VP right now, he’d damn near sweep the primaries me thinks, at least among those who watch the debates.

I would love to see him debate Trump.  

If he doesn't get the nomination I'd love him to be the Veep pick. Would set up nicely for a future run.

• Like 1

Bernie and Beto are going to draw most of the ire of the authors of these kinds of hit pieces (well Biden the most if he decides to run), I doubt we'll see many against Pete. It's not like Pete is running just against Hillary this time around and that author is getting dragged hard across twitter.

Edited by GSU&UT

Join INFORUM for a conversation with 37 year old Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg. In 2011 and at the age of 29, he was elected mayor of City of South Bend - Municipal Government, IN, making him the youngest mayor of a U.S. city with at least 100,000 residents and the first openly gay municipal executive in Indiana.

He'll be in conversation with Mother Jones editor-in-chief Clara Jeffery, as the two discuss Buttigieg’s quickly rising star, the importance of representation in American politics, and his desire to be the “fresh start” he feels our country needs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie's been getting this shit for years at this point. The Bros are hardened for war. Our posting fingers are calloused.

The Peteheads and Betomaniacs need to toughen up and get ready.

You understand this is undermining your entire position right?  I love Bernie.  I think there are better people for the job with extremely similar positions.  I will gladly vote for Bernie if he gets the nomination, but I'm not ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING AGAINST HIM.  Don't fucking destroy the world because you don't get your exact fucking savior when another savior will do.

• Like 1

You understand this is undermining your entire position right?  I love Bernie.  I think there are better people for the job with extremely similar positions.  I will gladly vote for Bernie if he gets the nomination, but I'm not ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING AGAINST HIM.  Don't fucking destroy the world because you don't get your exact fucking savior when another savior will do.

You just took away the core of the Bernie brand. That’s kinda their thing.

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Nice meltdown.

Bernie Bro: "You guys need to fight for your candidate against dishonest attacks. Toughen up and go to war for him."

Lib: "YOU'RE DESTROYING THE WORLD!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You feel that way because it's plainly true and completely undeniable. Go with your gut on this one. Pete and Beto are nothing alike, basically in any way other than they're both white.
They're both not Trump.

Pete is at the top of my list if he's viable come Texas primary. He's got a lot of climbing to do though.

I don't anticipate the Bernie bros melting down if Buttigieg somehow gets the nod.  I expect them to fall in line.  I would expect Beto to yield a maniacal meltdown by the Bros.  

The intersectional inanity espoused by the idiot from Slate is so tiresome.  Checking boxes on her hierarchy of the oppressed instead of evaluating policy positions and leadership capability.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

I don't anticipate the Bernie bros melting down if Buttigieg somehow gets the nod.  I expect them to fall in line.

I would expect Beto to yield a maniacal meltdown by the Bros.

It all depends on who champions the right policies. This is where the "purity" complaint comes from. The bros have things they want and they will demand them in the face of corporate cucks and centrist cowards. They won't be quiet about what they want. We will both hoot AND holler for single-payer and a lockdown on Wall Street. The only way to stop us from hootin' and hollerin' is to do the things we want.

Pete & Liz seem amenable to those things.

Beto doesn't.

If Beto pulls away I will be pissed, not because I hate Beto and this is a personality contest (my candidate has zero charm and charisma), but because I have values that are very important to me that Beto does not have and will not fight for. If his views and rhetoric change then that changes, of course.

Edited by bad_teammate

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She is getting raked over, and only replying to positive comments. 

i listened to a great podcast about a year ago (which of course i can't remember) and it was all about "competitive victimhood" in today's society, especially via social media.

forget all the identity politics that pete "attacked" not long ago, with all the "i'm with her" and "it's her turn" discussion.  this reeks of "yeah, he's marginalized, but he's not marginalized enough because he's white and smart."

the demographic report from 2016 election makes me wonder how big and strong this contingency is.  women voted for obama and then turned around and didn't vote for hillary.  maybe it's time to stop worrying about box-checking and start listening to what people have to say.  jesus.  

• Like 3

On 3/21/2019 at 2:00 PM, kevwun said:

It's either something like Pete's idea or they are going to have to revamp the appointment process so that what Mitch McConnell has done can never happen again.  Set the process in stone for every conceivable scenario where a Justice has to be replaced.

I think the best we can hope for is some sort of law that says a court nominee must be given an up or down vote some exact number of days after the nomination (something like 60 days or something). Long enough for any dirt to be dug up, long enough for him to be vetted, long enough for hearings. Then it automatically goes to an up or down vote.

If a Senate that is the opposite party of the president just keeps giving down votes to nominees over and over, seems like that can only be remedied by a constitutional amendment, and I don't think we want to go there.

I would also be amendable to sort of minimum age/min years of judicial experience requirement.

One added detail to my scheme: If the presidency changes after the nomination but before the vote, that doesn't change anything. The nominee stays the same. Unless the nominee decides on their own to withdraw their nomination.

6 minutes ago, Ozzman said:

Genuine and authentic. Everything you are seeing from Pete is who he is. We all knew he had aspirations but no one thought it would happen this fast. I don't think he did either. He gives a really good answer on why him and why now.

As for military stories, those are classified. I'll just say that he's a class dude, and I'm happy to say he's my shipmate. All of us are really proud of him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think I love him, so what am I so afraid of? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozzman said:

Genuine and authentic. Everything you are seeing from Pete is who he is. We all knew he had aspirations but no one thought it would happen this fast. I don't think he did either. He gives a really good answer on why him and why now.

As for military stories, those are classified. I'll just say that he's a class dude, and I'm happy to say he's my shipmate. All of us are really proud of him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Follow up questions: what does he smell like? do you think he would be friends with me? did you guys do gay stuff on the boats?

Thank you for your service. 

• Like 1