Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you're too kind.  he could've been making millions long ago if he opted out of public service.

Not really. He had a very standard McKinsey resume that was fairly lite to translate to real $$$

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

Not really. He had a very standard McKinsey resume that was fairly lite to translate to real $$$

Yeah, he left McKinsey when he was 28 years old to run for Indiana State Treasurer and then Mayor of South Bend. 

If he only cared about money he'd easily be a millionaire right now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yeah, he left McKinsey when he was 28 years old to run for Indiana State Treasurer and then Mayor of South Bend. 

If he only cared about money he'd easily be a millionaire right now. 

2 years at mck are a dime a dozen. That would make him at best a director of at F100 company 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I wasn't even being insulting about Pete getting money. That's how this works and he's got the stuff to rake it in and make sure they never feel financially insecure again.

BEVO is 100% correct about the resume, though. Places like McKinsey shed weight very quickly and a lot of guys who say they left to find a higher purpose in life were simply told "Thank you for your time here" and finding a new opportunity was politely suggested. That's not even an insult, either, because showing too much of a soul is bad for business in hellscapes like that.

But that doesn't matter now. He's more well-known nationally than 70% of Senators and 90% of Congressmen. He's made a lot of very rich friends. To have that wind at your back at 38? Hell yes, brother.

I’m very interested to see what Pete does in the future.  If Biden wins vs Bernie and Trump I imagine he will be a part of the administration.  If Biden does not win, curious to see what the next move is for Pete.  It’s clear he is just getting started and I think that’s good for America.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I wasn't even being insulting about Pete getting money. That's how this works and he's got the stuff to rake it in and make sure they never feel financially insecure again.

BEVO is 100% correct about the resume, though. Places like McKinsey shed weight very quickly and a lot of guys who say they left to find a higher purpose in life were simply told "Thank you for your time here" and finding a new opportunity was politely suggested. That's not even an insult, either, because showing too much of a soul is bad for business in hellscapes like that.

But that doesn't matter now. He's more well-known nationally than 70% of Senators and 90% of Congressmen. He's made a lot of very rich friends. To have that wind at your back at 38? Hell yes, brother.

Or become a mid level person at a F100 company. He saw politics a way to leap frog his career as he probably was pushed out at mck. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'll give him this – he made it a helluva lot farther than anyone would ever expect for a 38-year old gay guy whose largest vote tally in an election was just north of 8,500. I was onboard early on before I really soured on him and I will likely never vote for him the next four times he runs for president, but I guess he'd make a good Sec of State?

How long until he endorses Biden?

• Like 1

I thought Pete was an amazing candidate. 
I just don’t know if at a time like we are living in that he can be president.

not because he’s so young.

Not because he’s a mayor

not because he’s gay and gay married.

Not because he’s a white man (this is a going to be a near future liability)

its because he is a future looking / Hope guy.
Right now and for the near future, we are going to be practicing grievance politics. It’ll be messy, but people are looking for their pound of flesh. Regardless of what side you’re on. 
We never litigated the 2008 crash, we’ve been in 20 years of war, we haven’t actually done anything of consequence for the real problems we face, and the last 3 years we rolled back any semblance of progress that had been made.

shits going to get worse before it gets better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

I'll give him this – he made it a helluva lot farther than anyone would ever expect for a 38-year old gay guy whose largest vote tally in an election was just north of 8,500. I was onboard early on before I really soured on him and I will likely never vote for him the next four times he runs for president, but I guess he'd make a good Sec of State?

How long until he endorses Biden?

He got over 600k votes when he ran for state treasurer. 

^
That is fucked up.  3 multi-millionaire white guys who would be octogenarians by their first mid-terms.

I hope Pete stays on the national scene though, I was so close to voting for him last week in early primaries but I folded and went with one of the above cranky assholes (we flock together).  

What I want to do is let people kill themselves over medical debt.

I want people's entire futures to be crushed by student loan debt.

I want people to fall through the cracks of healthcare because I love all the forms and choices and tranches and brackets and tests.

Those things might be bad, but at least I want them with class.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What I want to do is let people kill themselves over medical debt.

I want people's entire futures to be crushed by student loan debt.

I want people to fall through the cracks of healthcare because I love all the forms and choices and tranches and brackets and tests.

Those things might be bad, but at least I want them with class.

Bernie's ideas are good. The strategy to consolidate support for them is not. 

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What does Bernie have to do with East Bay DSA mocking Pete? Do you think he or his campaign coordinated it?

Your first question: DSA is a big organization that fully supports Bernie.  As the potential leader of this country, does he not bare any responsibility for his most vocal and organized supporters? Does Trump not bare any responsibility for Trumpkin behavior?

Second q: Of course not. But the tweet was up overnight, and was just deleted. So obviously someone thought it was a bad idea to post.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Your first question: DSA is a big organization that fully supports Bernie.  As the potential leader of this country, does he not bare any responsibility for his most vocal and organized supporters? Does Trump not bare any responsibility for Trumpkin behavior?

Bernie bears as much responsibility for East Bay DSA's dancing joke as Pete does for his WV guy's racist sexism. None.

If Pete made a habit of being a racist and sexist, then he would be responsible for his people doing that.
If Bernie made a habit of mocking and dunking online, then he would be responsible for his people doing that.

Trump DOES make a habit of doing himself exactly what we hate his followers for (racism, sexism, homophobia, threats of violence, online bullying, etc...).

The reason Bernie has sassy jerks online is that he shares their politics. We don't post Pete rat memes because Bernie taught us how to do it. We were going to make mean memes about SOMETHING because that's how we are, we just happened to find a political candidate who aligned with our political values so we're dunking for him now. Once he dies (which will be soon) and our attention is drawn away we'll go back to dunking on furries or anime guys or whatever we were doing before Bernie popped up.

The idea that Bernie is involved in any of this is laughably ignorant about who is doing it and why they do it. We were doing it before Bernie and we're going to do it after Bernie.

Second q: Of course not. But the tweet was up overnight, and was just deleted. So obviously someone thought it was a bad idea to post.

Sure. For all we know Bernie's campaign told them to delete it.

It's bad taste.

43 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's pretty clear that in the Bernie online community it's much more important to be a sarcastic asshole fishing for engagement than to welcome/persuade people to join his movement. 

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.

haven't you been paying attention?  it's all about dunking and owning.  you know, just like how all people talk (when they're in junior high).