Real Estate Fun in Austin

Decade long lurker.  I had to share my experience with with UTPhil (phil@reihomerealty.com) and Thad (thad@reihomerealty.com).  Being an old, I decided in February I am playing on house money and it was time to downsize my life of 20-years in Austin including a rather large house, in the absolutely easiest way possible.  I have spent so many great Saturdays with you all I thought I hit up Surly where other lazy guys with no suburban housewife to run the real estate rodeo might know what to do, and UT Phil seemed to know stuff and I emailed him.  He cc:d Thad on his prompt email back to me, Thad walked my house, told me my various upgrade options, and he had three offers for me four days later.  We closed in fourteen days, all cash, as is.  Thad was exceptional in every possible way.  A personal Malikimas, and OU still sucks.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 8:55 PM, SaintAugustine said:

I gotta chime in again.  I had no idea how to make my property suburban housewife acceptable and I would rather visit the realignment thread than even contemplate such a sink hole of time, money, and personal shame.  These cats did their job. 

Ha thanks.

18 hours ago, orange dream said:

So OP is saying that UTPhil and Thad gave him a happy ending.

Good to know.

Also to be fair Orange Dream was my first ever Shaggy client (speaking of which it's time to buy again) so he's allowed to make handjob jokes.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2018/04/10/austin-no-1-again-on-revered-best-places-to-live.html

Austin No. 1 again on revered 'best places to live' list

For the second year in a row, Austin is the best place to live in the United States, according to U.S. News and World Report.

That means a lot to Realtors, chamber officials and others who want to continue to position the city for a global audience as the place to be.

The Texas capital took the top spot in the magazine's 2018 edition of its Best Places to Live in the U.S. list, which ranks major metro areas on a number of factors including unemployment, annual household income, cost of living, education, health care and migration.

How many people are added to the Austin area daily? Here's the latest number.

The list compared the 125 largest metropolitan areas and assigned a score in each of five different categories: desirability, value, job market, quality of life and net migration. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2019 at 7:12 PM, Chopper said:

Now that there are ~million dollar homes in east Austin, are there any new up and coming real estate areas in Austin I should consider? Probably moving back, at least part- time after 2 years outside the state.

East Austin still has it's spots, I'd say for low risk low reward flips, the WM Cannon/Stassney/Davis area between Mopac and 35 is good.  The 2222/183/35 area has its spots.  If you're looking for more long term or land holds maybe Lago or Driftwood.. Dripping Springs is already pretty developed

3/2 2980 sq ft in Oak Hill - 5306 McCarty  - over half an acre - Flip/Investment or Homestead Opportunity - https://www.redfin.com/TX/Austin/5306-McCarty-Ln-78749/home/31714934

Thad got this one from a referral that was dying I believe, and put it on the market while we worked on a couple other properties in case anyone wanted it before the work was put in.  Thad wanted me to say that he will offer up the remodel at cost if you didnt have your own crew (investors) or needed it for yourself.  Property is located at William Cannon and beckett in Oak HIll.  You can PM me and I can answer a couple questions or put you in touch with Thad. phil@reihomerealty.com

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2019 at 2:41 PM, UTPhil2006 said:

3/2 2980 sq ft in Oak Hill - 5306 McCarty  - over half an acre - Flip/Investment or Homestead Opportunity - https://www.redfin.com/TX/Austin/5306-McCarty-Ln-78749/home/31714934

Thad got this one from a referral that was dying I believe, and put it on the market while we worked on a couple other properties in case anyone wanted it before the work was put in.  Thad wanted me to say that he will offer up the remodel at cost if you didnt have your own crew (investors) or needed it for yourself.  Property is located at William Cannon and beckett in Oak HIll.  You can PM me and I can answer a couple questions or put you in touch with Thad. phil@reihomerealty.com

Off market now being remodeled if anyone wants to buy it when we're done

On 10/18/2019 at 4:45 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

Windsor Park maybe a decent investment spot too. East Austin still has a lot of potential though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My aunt bought a 3/2 ~1200 sq/ft house in Windsor Park for $114k in 2003 that I lived in through undergrad/law school. She sold it in 2012 after I moved out, for about $350K. Last I looked that house was valued over $400k. So I think that ship might have sailed. 

20 hours ago, hornian said:

My aunt bought a 3/2 ~1200 sq/ft house in Windsor Park for $114k in 2003 that I lived in through undergrad/law school. She sold it in 2012 after I moved out, for about $350K. Last I looked that house was valued over $400k. So I think that ship might have sailed. 

There might be a flip opportunity on an outdated home or something but that's probably about it in that area

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, hornian said:

Perhaps... I thought the same about Tarrytown in 2014 when I laughed at everything being 700-900K... now those same houses are 1.5M and up

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Looking to buy a rental property <$600k in Cedar Park/Leander/RR now that inventory is bubbling up. Any advice on best neighborhoods? 

Closest South to Austin just avoid the area directly around Lakeline Mall.  Cedar Park/Leander West of old 183 is the more desirable area than East.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...