Good corded reciprocating saw

How much you gonna use it?  You going to demo house after house? Then maybe a higher end brand is the way to go. Hell for most folks one of the Harbor Freight versions for a lot less will fit the bill. Then you invest the savings in more blades.  I have an old craftsman from like 20 years ago that is still going strong.  

I maintain that Ryobi tools are completely fine for the home hobbyist/casual user. 

I've had no issues with the few Ryobi tools that I've owned. 

A lot of folks have made pushes into the reciprocating saw market, and I assume the products are pretty good.  . 20 years ago, 99% of the guys on a jobsite would be using Milwaukee.  

Why not a cordless?  The beauty of never having to worry about cutting through (or nicking) the cord is a major benefit.

I have the Milwaukee cordless in both M18 & the smaller M12 & use the hell out of them.  A few years prior to that, I got the DeWalt corded version; all are good options, IMO (& no, I never did damage the cord).

Also, what's with the Rigid hate?  Provided you register it, the warranties are the best out there.

4 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Why not a cordless?  The beauty of never having to worry about cutting through (or nicking) the cord is a major benefit.

I have the Milwaukee cordless in both M18 & the smaller M12 & use the hell out of them.  A few years prior to that, I got the DeWalt corded version; all are good options, IMO (& no, I never did damage the cord).

Also, what's with the Rigid hate?  Provided you register it, the warranties are the best out there.

I don't need the convenience of a cordless, so a cord works just fine for me.

Also, didn't want to pay more for a Milwaukee, so got the Dewalt. 

Works great. Thanks for the comments.

It's great that ridgid has such a great warranty, you need it. I limited my experience to one sawzaw, and one router, chuck on the sawzaw locked up and I couldn't change blades out without a slotted screwdriver, damn near cutting my hand. Router took a shit after a couple passes and that was it for me. They do make a good shop vac.

I dont care if it's limited use or every day, I think a person should buy quality tools.

28 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I think Milwaukee does a year or two on theirs. I’d have to check my stuff. But you have to register it.

Well, since I have Milwaukee cordless stuff, that would be good to know. 

But I've probably had mine longer anyway without issue.

Meanwhile, did you guys notice that Hitachi changed their name?  There shit is now "Metabo".  Noticed it in Lowes the other day.  I have one of their nail guns.  Pretty good too. 

20 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Well, since I have Milwaukee cordless stuff, that would be good to know. 

But I've probably had mine longer anyway without issue.

Meanwhile, did you guys notice that Hitachi changed their name?  There shit is now "Metabo".  Noticed it in Lowes the other day.  I have one of their nail guns.  Pretty good too. 

Hitachi bought Metabo 3 years ago.  Metabo is one of another long-standing good quality German brands. 

In my market they're still selling both brands distinctively

Bought a Bosch Pro 18v wireless today because I already have the battery set.

Fucking thing was 190 from the big box store, by itself.  If I bought online I could've had the same, plus the storage case (30 value) for 170.  Really wanted to chop down some branches today tho....