Gadgets, Apps or anything that has improved your life...

RollLeft

keep.google.com for notes, grocery lists, etc. Like it for grocery lists because I can dump stuff on there, then turn it into a checklist and organize it as I plan my route.

Trello for organizing larger lists/projects/whatever. From my own work to do list to planning Easter or whatever.

21 minutes ago, Chilly Water said:

Looking forward to the followup post when your dog takes a shit while the vacuum is running

The concern was legit, it was a main reason i didn't consider them for so long.   We run it when we're home.  So far so good. 

Edited by RollLeft

We have hard floors.  Rather than a roomba we got one of those vacuums that just sits in the corner.  We sweep the dog hair to the vacuum and it automatically turns on and sucks it all away.  Its fucking glorious!

Also, putting the christmas tree on a smart plug this year was awesome.  Fucking hated going behind it to turn it on and off.

Fucking hate my Eufy.  It doesnt climb so well onto or move well around thick carpets.  It seems clumsy and gets stuck at different places.

Picks up dirt like a motherfucker, though.  

I put motion-sensing bulbs on the hallway lamps.  Ultra convenient.  

Have an ADF home scanner.  I scan every single document that is of quasi importance.  Ultra ultra ultra convenient.

Having laser printer at home is also nice.

Having this app Fuelio on my phone to track fuel ups and car-related spend is also quite neat

7 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

rocket-light-480x480.jpg

This thing kicks all kinds of ass.

Takes longer to snap in the battery than it does to set it up & is 7' tall on it's own, 4' when collapsed.  3,000 lumens for 2+ hours if on a standard M18 battery & can be plugged in.

That’s pretty sweet

On 3/29/2018 at 4:28 PM, Celery Man said:

keep.google.com for notes, grocery lists, etc. Like it for grocery lists because I can dump stuff on there, then turn it into a checklist and organize it as I plan my route.

Trello for organizing larger lists/projects/whatever. From my own work to do list to planning Easter or whatever.

If you don't want google to have your shopping lists, etc. Simplenote is a great app along the lines of keep.  Browser, PC App, iOS and MacOS.

On 3/29/2018 at 6:15 PM, TXs said:

Inverstion_Table.jpg

Best 100 bucks ever spent. 

I haven't tried an inversion table yet, but after my excruciating 3 month ordeal with sciatica, I said goodbye to my old desk and got a desk that is adjustable to be either a standing desk or a sitting desk.  I rarely sit at the desk any more and it's made a huge difference for me.

1 hour ago, In re UofA said:

That’s pretty sweet

Paid $ 400 for it back around November so we could use it with the Cub Scout Pack & our annual Flag Retirement Ceremony (post daylight savings time switch) & it worked great without a battery swap.

Christmas shopping prices came along & inside of 30 days I was able to get the $$ dropped to around $ 360.  Home Depot purchase.