Hindsight is 20/20- The 2019-20 Texas Longhorns thread

Goo Punch

On 6/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, txhorns said:

He has us starting only 4 players so of course we won't do very well.

Coleman, Ramey, Febres, Jones, and Sims. He listed 5.

A real coach would have this talented bunch contending for a conference championship. Shaka will have them contending for the bottom of the Big 12.

Guest Lobo

IF that isn't a fuck you to fans from Shaka, I don't know what is.  A home schedule with UAB and  Central Michigan in one season?  Holy Shit, these are the days!!!

Be advised, those games before NYC, that's not some kinda super sexy 8-team play in.  THose will be two garbage directional play in teams from nowhere.  

The SEC Challenge game will be played here in Austin, but I';m guessing it'll be a mid-level team like an Missouri or Mississippi State.  

Wow, this thing turned to shit faster than I thought it would.  Don;t get me wrong, with A&M, and Providence, and then 2 games with Duke and Georgetown.  It's not bad at all overall, just absolutely dog shit here at home.  I bet there's a reason for that.  

Get your tickets now.  I bet prices go up and the deadline come up faster.  

Guest Lobo

That logistical AD play should really sit well with fans who barely give a fuck as is.  2019 is dogshit on paper in terms of OOC schedule.  That's all that matters.  

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

that schedule is terrible, and the FEC will be 1/4 full for a whole bunch of those games. 

on the upside tho, we can rack up the wins and make the tournament

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The website is down because of that scintillating out of conference schedule    

For the very first time in Texas basketball history fans can get Prairieview A&M northern Colorado Central Michigan California Baptist High Point University  McNeese State and UAB     All in one season     That kind of schedule is  going to crash our website every time    

Coach smart is playing the RPI long game  and I am way excited.  The good news is only three or 4000 fans on average will need to witness this final shit show

• 2 weeks later...

Decent matchup, they did make the Sweet 16 last year.  They're overall about as disappointing as we've been in the last decade or so, maybe moreso.  

I'll be the first to propose---honorary captains for this game should be Stromile Swift & Chris Mihm.  Recreating his class role/roll.  

All that said, what an absolutely dogshit, pile-of-crap home schedule:

LSU, UAB, Central Michigan, Northern Colorado, High Point, McNeese State, California Baptist, and Prairie View A&M.  That has to be the worst home schedule of any Big XII team and that's saying something.  And certainly, by far the worst in Shaka's tenure and maybe the worst at UT overall in the last 20-25 years.  

Yeah, there's Georgetown, Purdue, A&M, and Providence.  But those four games have 4 things in common-they're on the road and we're going to lose all of them.  

we should try to steal garrett madenwald from Tennessee. Todd Wright was the best S&C guy in the country, and Barnes replaced him with the next best thing. anyone who has seen what madenwald did with Schofield, Williams, Alexander, Pons, etc should want him at Texas. their players look like UFC fighters. i miss that. 

Edited by Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

we should try to steal garrett madenwald from Tennessee. Todd Wright was the best S&C guy in the country, and Barnes replaced him with the next best thing. anyone who has seen what madenwald did with Schofield, Williams, Alexander, Pons, etc should want him at Texas. their players look like UFC fighters. i miss that. 

Speaking of Todd Wright, don't know if you saw but the Clippers hired him away from the 76ers a few days ago.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Speaking of Todd Wright, don't know if you saw but the Clippers hired him away from the 76ers a few days ago.

great move for all parties involved. I am now a Clippers fan, which A)I can't  believe I'm saying, and B)what an awesome time to be a Clippers fan!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 12:26 PM, Goo Punch said:

well that sure seems like a guy who feels like he's jumping off a sinking ship. he's leaving on his own to go back to a much smaller school/program/conference. and he came here with shaka. yikes. 

Excellent replacement if true

• Like 1

wow. we suddenly have a seriously legit staff of assistants. shaka may have actually bought himself some time with these hires, especially if Greg Brown III does in fact commit to Texas as everyone seems to think he will. if that happens next fall, on top of these hires? shaka will be here for the next several years at least. fuck it. let's do this shit. 

by the way- i legitimately became depressed and hurt during steve patterson's tenure here. he absolutely ruined Texas basketball and the experience at the FEC with his hires and ideas. i never imagined that i could not want to go to the FEC to watch the Horns play, but it happened, thanks to Patterson.comparing my feelings towards the program then, to where they are now under CDC? Berry, Jaklich, and now Hudy- wow. what a difference.

this is going to be a very interesting season to say the least, with our new coaching hires and AJ1 returning. We are seriously lacking in post talent and depth, but if our guards can play to their potential and actually shoot the ball then who knows? this staff should have this team steadily improving all year long, and the defense should be as good as it can be considering the lack of talent.