2019 NCAA Tournament: Second Round

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

When FSU is making their 3s, not many teams can beat them.

Yeah rough start to the game for Murray. FSU hitting everything. 

There has been a decided lack of "madness" in this tournament so far. 

I want more madness. 

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Some good shit talk from UCF's 7-6 center giving it to Zion:

"It's very hard (to dunk on me)," Fall told NCAA.com on Friday after his Knights dispatched VCU in the first round thanks to the big man's 13 points and 18 rebounds. "I mean, I won't allow it. I won't allow him putting me on one of his highlight tapes."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2019/03/23/ucf-tacko-fall-duke-zion-williamson-dunk-ncaa-tournament/3255674002/

Tacko Fall?  Sounds like someone got boned for their first time.  Anyway, dis oughta be good.

Pride goeth before a Fall.

1.) if FSU plays at this level their rest of the tournament, they can beat Gonzaga in the S16.  Not sure if they would beat Michigan in the EE but it’d be a good game. 

2.) Fun fact—we have Michigan State vs. Minnesota (essentially a Big 10 game) in the 2nd round because they only played each other 1 time during the season.  Because of that,  they can go against each other in the round of 32.  If you play a team twice, then you can’t match up against them again until the S16, and if you play 3 times, you can’t match up until the EE. 

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

1.) if FSU plays at this level their rest of the tournament, they can beat Gonzaga in the S16.  Not sure if they would beat Michigan in the EE but it’d be a good game. 

2.) Fun fact—we have Michigan State vs. Minnesota (essentially a Big 10 game) in the 2nd round because they only played each other 1 time during the season.  Because of that,  they can go against each other in the round of 32.  If you play a team twice, then you can’t match up against them again until the S16, and if you play 3 times, you can’t match up until the EE. 

If FSU plays at this level, they can beat any team in the country not named Duke.

Villanova gonna flame out in style. The Big Ten, ACC, and SEC are what we thought they were--strong af at the top.

On the subject of today's blowouts:

Don't try to blow everybody out. Blowouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some big leads - it's more democratic.