Dallas Bartender Going Viral For Beating Up Woman

Vic Mackey

Woman beaten in Deep Ellum parking lot may be charged in the case, sources say

Dallas police are preparing to file a charge of felony criminal mischief against L'Daijohnique Lee, 24, for damaging the man's pickup truck after she was punched, the sources said.

DALLAS — The woman who was recently beaten by a man in a Deep Ellum parking lot may face a charge of her own in the case, sources told WFAA on Tuesday.

Dallas police are preparing to file a charge of felony criminal mischief against L'Daijohnique Lee, 24, for damaging the man's pickup truck after she was punched, the sources said.

It wasn't clear when Lee would be arrested and charged. The warrant was being prepared by police, but it wasn't known if a judge had received the warrant or signed it.

In Texas, criminal mischief is a state jail felony if the damage costs $2,500 to $30,000.

Police sources told WFAA that Lee caused thousands of dollars of damage to Austin Shuffield's truck.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/woman-beaten-in-deep-ellum-parking-lot-may-be-charged-in-the-case-sources-say/287-b3c4fc48-0a60-417a-a4f6-a3559ad00bec?fbclid=IwAR32sD8XTKJGCPcQJFcwJFvXIySK3K68jn5HhTIqmsL1CDNYgYI0O4zY-M0

Curious to see the damage and any evidence that she's responsible. Not saying he damaged his own truck after the fact to blame her, but I wouldn't put that past him. If she did it, then she's gotta take her medicine. But Homebeard better get ready for no mercy when his punishment comes down.

9 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

But not after the fact, correct? I mean, you can’t shoot someone in self defense 5 minutes after they whip your ass. Right?

Dallas PD will need to know the races of the two combatants in order to render a decision there. 

• Like 5

Curious to see the damage and any evidence that she's responsible. Not saying he damaged his own truck after the fact to blame her, but I wouldn't put that past him. If she did it, then she's gotta take her medicine. But Homebeard better get ready for no mercy when his punishment comes down.
She admitted to police that she damaged his truck. And it was backed up by witness testimony. I'm guessing the same guy who filmed the incident?

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
11 hours ago, RPM said:

She admitted to police that she damaged his truck. And it was backed up by witness testimony. I'm guessing the same guy who filmed the incident?

Don't tell the police shit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

She's gonna get convicted of a felony and he'll lawyer up and plead down to a bullshit misdemeanor with time served. This is fucking unbelievable. 

I can not see any jury convicting on that felony charge. Even though she technically broke the law, it's not always that black and white. Hell any competent judge would not let that charge stand.

This whole ordeal has been so poorly handled. But what do you expect when it comes to Dallas. It's always a shit show.

25 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I can not see any jury convicting on that felony charge. Even though she technically broke the law, it's not always that black and white. Hell any competent judge would not let that charge stand.

This whole ordeal has been so poorly handled. But what do you expect when it comes to Dallas. It's always a shit show.

You underestimate a black woman with the name L'Daijohnique being represented by a court-appointed attorney facing an all-white Dallas jury. There's no injustice they're incapable of!

• Like 1

Just now, irishtexan said:

You underestimate a black woman with the name L'Daijohnique being represented by a court-appointed attorney facing an all-white Dallas jury. There's no injustice they're incapable of!

She has a very competent attorney who took her case right after this went viral.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 hours ago, RPM said:

Well then she's screwed. I read something earlier today by a friend that is a former DA. He thinks the Dallas DA isn't going to prosecute after reading their press release yesterday. Roughly translated it says "The police made this decision and not us. Once we get the case we are going to kill it."

notus.jpg

22 minutes ago, RPM said:

Well then she's screwed. I read something earlier today by a friend that is a former DA. He thinks the Dallas DA isn't going to prosecute after reading their press release yesterday. Roughly translated it says "The police made this decision and not us. Once we get the case we are going to kill it."

notus.jpg

yeah, that reads like a "we decline to prosecute these charges" type of approach.

good to see DPD is keeping up community relations, though.

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Do police departments and DA offices ever communicate?  Seems like the DPD could have avoided making themselves look completely stupid with a simple phone call to the DA. 

Competent police departments do all the time. But the DPD and Dallas govt in general is anything but. It's a circus shit show constantly. 

37 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
53 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
The DA just came out and said they are not prosecuting any charges against the woman.

Thank you. Glad common sense prevailed here.

Meh, if he ever gets the chance, he can file a civil claim and collect exactly $0 from her in the future.

3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Do police departments and DA offices ever communicate?  Seems like the DPD could have avoided making themselves look completely stupid with a simple phone call to the DA. 

Usually they communicate quite well in order to conspire to railroad all manner of citizens and to protect the thin blue line.

However, Dallas now has a DA that's committed to criminal justice reform, so they won't be getting along well for the next few years.

That said, I'm not really troubled by bringing charges and letting her take deferred on disorderly conduct or something.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dallas now has a DA that's committed to criminal justice reform, so they won't be getting along well for the next few years.

Yup. She is going to rustle some jimmies at DPD.