Dallas | Go Phock yourself

ztejas

Didn't see a thread and couldn't resist with the title.

Just had Pho Envy - not a big Pho guy but it was amazing. Sitting here drinking the remnants of the broth at the bottom of my bowl. 

Got it from Uber Eats and the way they packaged it to go was great. Noodles and raw filet mignon in the bowl - broth and fixings on the side - so you can dump it in and have it be just as fresh had you sat down at the restaraunt. Sliced fresh japs were killer. 

They have a lot more on the menu besides pho, too (couldn't resist getting some cream cheese wontons). Will definitely be eating this again. 

Other good spots?

That's how they all package it to go 😁

My favorite is actually a small chain- Pho Que Huong. The one at Legacy and 75 is always on point.  I had the spicy chicken curry soup last time it was freezing out and I've been thinking about it ever since. 

In Dallas,  Sapa House downtown makes a great bowl.  The brisket in the beef pho is actually smoked.  Really good. 

Dalat has a different, kinda funky menu, but the broth is amazing. 

Pho Pasteur is Richardson is another good one,  always consistently good. 

Bistro B is a fun spot and makes a solid bowl.  The Vietnamese egg rolls are awesome and like 4/$1.00

• Like 1

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

That's how they all package it to go 😁

Glad that's a thing. I think the last time I got pho takeout the meat and noodles and broth were all together - it was just the fixings on the side. 

Also I used to live a stones throw from Dalat and wasnt really a fan. Zalat, on the other hand...

Edited by ztejas

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Had a chicken clay pot at LaVui on Maple today and it was absolutely fucking delicious (perfect chicken, quail eggs).  The Salmon Carpacio was very nice too.

I walked in, told the guy that I always ordered bun, and he needed to tell me something new to try, and this is what he recommended.

Will be back.