Finally, new shit from Scott Stapp

tbone_

"Purpose for Pain’ is about seeking a higher meaning, a spiritual mentality when dealing with our struggles and life’s painful moments,” said Stapp in a statement. 

I encourage everyone to go watch the new video.  I'm not a sadist, I'm not linking it here.  I'll leave it to others to discover the giant lyrical swing and a miss he made on the 3rd line of each chorus.  For fuck's sake, Scott.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

I don’t think I owned a CD but I definitely borrowed the roommate’s copy and blasted “Higher” in the car while singing along. And plucked it out on guitar.

I also remember a particularly loud drunken Wendy’s drive thru experience that involved that song. 

I will admit though, that while I definitely thought Creed was cheesy, I never put them in the category of say Nickelback or Limp Bizkit. That’s a whole different level imo.

I don’t particularly care for his style, but I can dig Tremonti. Maybe that was the difference.

My young and stupid story re Creed:

I got really into Nirvana in 6th grade ('96 or so), and had this instinctive "fuck the other grunge bands" mentality, instead preferring the bland Nirvana rip offs (Bush and Silverchair in particular).  I especially disliked Pearl Jam for reasons I still can't articulate.  I remember hearing "My Own Prison" while working in our farm shop and thinking "damn, this new Pearl Jam rocks - maybe I was wrong about these guys".  I deserve all the possible shit for this.

Eventually I walked it all off, and went through a massive PJ stage in college.  Still love them, and probably listen to them more as an adult than the other big grunge era bands, although I developed big appreciations for the others (Soundgarden and AIC in particular) as well.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

My stupid Creed story:

I was a huge Nirvana fan, as they delivered me from what I then considered Hair Metal Hell.  Power ballads sung by guys with extensions and eyeliner made me want to puke my guts out.  But that ended when Smells Like Teen Spirit came out.  Then that ended when I saw a guy walking down Speedway with a "Creed" sticker on his guitar case and I thought, "That's it.  My brief respite from shitty rock is over."  

"Kin you take uh-me hi-yaaaaa!" Wee-diddle-dee-diddy-deeee!  blasting out of dorm windows?

Fuck that noise.  

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Like 1

My young and stupid story re Creed:
I got really into Nirvana in 6th grade ('96 or so), and had this instinctive "fuck the other grunge bands" mentality, instead preferring the bland Nirvana rip offs (Bush and Silverchair in particular).  I especially disliked Pearl Jam for reasons I still can't articulate.  I remember hearing "My Own Prison" while working in our farm shop and thinking "damn, this new Pearl Jam rocks - maybe I was wrong about these guys".  I deserve all the possible shit for this.

Eventually I walked it all off, and went through a massive PJ stage in college.  Still love them, and probably listen to them more as an adult than the other big grunge era bands, although I developed big appreciations for the others (Soundgarden and AIC in particular) as well.

6th grade. Not expected to have really any wisdom at that age.

I will admit though, that while I definitely thought Creed was cheesy, I never put them in the category of say Nickelback or Limp Bizkit. That’s a whole different level imo.

I don’t particularly care for his style, but I can dig Tremonti. Maybe that was the difference.

I’m a biiiiig Tremonti fan, but that’s 90% due to his post-Creed work.

Stapp/Kroeger/Durst are definitely the trifecta of dbag 90s rock singers.

Yes I’ve seen them all live.