Scotch

Texaskimo

On 10/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, T-shirt Sip said:

How was and how much was the 1509? Balvenie 21 is my favorite and have always wondered how those TUN’s are. 

$389 at Total Wine in the Woodlands. So smooth, that it almost ceases to be Scotch. A very sweet after-dinner sipping concoction. Was a one-time splurge, and there’s certainly nothing bad about it, but I will stick with the Balvenie 21 in the future. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve gotten into Japanese scotch.

Yamazaki 12 year single malt (no longer in production) is some of the best I’ve ever had, including stuff that costs 2-3x as much.  Problem is it’s basically gone in Texas and you’ll have to ship from out of state or outside the country.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 7:01 AM, Enchubben said:

I’ve gotten into Japanese scotch. whisky

Yamazaki 12 year single malt (no longer in production) is some of the best I’ve ever had, including stuff that costs 2-3x as much.  Problem is it’s basically gone in Texas and you’ll have to ship from out of state or outside the country.  

FIFY

On 10/17/2020 at 7:01 AM, Enchubben said:

I’ve gotten into Japanese scotch.

Completely agree. I always look for it, but now I understand why I haven't found it.