Big 12 Rosters

texasstrong12

West Virginia getting some help along the D line

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22977952/usc-defensive-tackle-kenny-bigelow-transferring-west-virginia

Southern California DT Kenny Bigelow transferring to West Virginia

Defensive tackle Kenny Bigelow, once a top 25 national recruit who then suffered two major knee injuries, is transferring from Southern California to West Virginia.

Bigelow, who initially announced he was retiring from football in October before the NCAA awarded him a sixth year of eligibility, will be eligible in 2018 for the Mountaineers as a graduate transfer.

Bigelow suffered season-ending knee injuries in 2014 and 2016. Though he played sparingly for the Trojans last season, he could be a key addition for West Virginia. Earlier this week, the Mountaineers lost freshman All-American defensive tackle Lamonte McDougle, who decided to transfer.

11 minutes ago, GTNY said:

So basically the mountaineers picked up the 2022 version of max wright? Nice save, but only 5 DL is no bueno. May want to go ahead and get that cornhole prepared.

Edited by Vertigo

16 hours ago, Vertigo said:

So basically the mountaineers picked up the 2022 version of max wright? Nice save, but only 5 DL is no bueno. May want to go ahead and get that cornhole prepared.

Remember, we play a 3-3-5, so we have a problem (I still like my idea of the Big12 going to 7 on 7 ball), but this helps more than it seems.  I also bet we find another body before summer.

5 hours ago, Whitman said:

Remember, we play a 3-3-5, so we have a problem (I still like my idea of the Big12 going to 7 on 7 ball), but this helps more than it seems.  I also bet we find another body before summer.

Maybe, but taking a guy that has only played in 1 game in 2 years because of multiple knee injuries kind of tells you how desperate WV is. 

1 tackle vs Western Michigan in 2 years isn't exactly "quality" help. I think WV is to the point where they just need bodies, which isn't exactly ideal. 

Edited by texasstrong12

26 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Maybe, but taking a guy that has only played in 1 game in 2 years because of multiple knee injuries kind of tells you how desperate WV is. 

1 tackle vs Western Michigan in 2 years isn't exactly "quality" help. I think WV is to the point where they just need bodies, which isn't exactly ideal. 

I present to you the same desperate thinking that landed us Tristan Nickelson. We all know how that turned out. 

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I present to you the same desperate thinking that landed us Tristan Nickelson. We all know how that turned out. 

Better than not getting him? Yea we know how it turned out but he still beat out whoever else we had...

11 hours ago, Thiefery said:

...so we can go ahead and sharpie a dub vs WV?

I'm hoping not.  My fear is with everyone coming back on offence (Will Grier's finger that y'all tried to remove is all healed up too), that we are going to have some more 63-60 games like a few years ago.  

Not Big12 but Max Bortenschlager has been the starting QB for Maryland this spring as Pigrome and Hill are still recovering from ACL tears.  Also 3/5 OL have missed the entire spring and DE Jesse Aniebonam was granted another year of eligibility after getting injured against Texas last year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 11:10 AM, PatSolitanojr said:

They lost 4 starters on the OL 3 of whom were multi year starters.

Omenihu intensifies

Close but not entirely accurate.  Our RG, Iwuagu, will be a junior who started 14 games last season and 2 in '16.  Our RT, Niang, will be a junior who started 8 games last year.  I'd call that 2 returning starters.  

Overall, I'd say we have 5 returning starters on offense and 7 on defense.  Biggest losses are on the O-line with 2 guys drafted and 2 others signing as UDFA, Travin Howard (leading tackler) and Texada and Orr (3 yr starters in secondary). 

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Another transfer from West Virginia.  That's 15 players that has left the program since the end of last season, mostly DL and DB's.

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2018/5/3/17317006/west-virginia-wvu-mountaineers-wide-receiver-reggie-roberson-announces-plans-to-transfer

What the hell is going on in Morgantown? Holgo is taking a page out of the Sumlin handbook on how to be fired and keep your money. 

On 5/4/2018 at 11:59 AM, angelos's frog said:

Close but not entirely accurate.  Our RG, Iwuagu, will be a junior who started 14 games last season and 2 in '16.  Our RT, Niang, will be a junior who started 8 games last year.  I'd call that 2 returning starters.  

Overall, I'd say we have 5 returning starters on offense and 7 on defense.  Biggest losses are on the O-line with 2 guys drafted and 2 others signing as UDFA, Travin Howard (leading tackler) and Texada and Orr (3 yr starters in secondary). 

Prepare your anus.

The defense is going to be very good and I think the offense will probably round into shape by mid-season.  Vegas says the O/U is 7.5 and I'd go with the over.   
You're sippin purple drank, should be peppering angus..

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, burntorangebongos said:

West Va WR ....I don't even know his name, I just wanted to post his mug.

DdMZjRYXcAA_p3g.jpg

I'm gonna guess that in Morgantown, an athlete will still get girls even with that haircut which is clearly tongue in cheek.  

I'm gonna guess that in Morgantown, an athlete will still get girls even with that haircut which is clearly tongue in cheek.  
So a bowl cut/mullet combo mixed with early 90's ear studs and a scruffy beard is all I need to slay hillbilly chick Poon? Sheeeit..