Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

"When Texas sucks again this year"

Yeah that 10-win season with a Sugar Bowl championship over the SECSECSEC was terrible.  Also appearance in the Big XII title game.  

Keep up the mindless lies, aggys.  Is there a more dishonest cult of people in the world outside of Moscow, Pyongyang and College Station?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They’re in love with his recruiting ranking. 

If that drops, or he shows no interest in them, he will become a small private school qb who’s competition they question and then decide they don’t want. 

aka Gunnelling. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Stone. Cold. Lock, amirite Jimbo? The irony here is these guys seem to love Stone, and there are a ton of folks on here that are absolutely not high on Stone at all. But yeah, he's coming here. 

Stone seems like he'd be a good fit for Jimbo's offense, while Dematrius Davis seems like a good fit for ours 

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Does leading for and taking JaQuinden have any effect to who the '21 qb take is?

Are you asking, since we're landing a high upside dual threat, are we fine going for a less mobile passing QB? Not sure 

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Do you see him as a Grant Gunnell type from a talent perspective?

I thought Gunnell was on track to be a monster after his sophomore year, and then he just never got better. For me, it's speculative to try and predict whether or not Stone will plateau the same way, even given some of the iffy background info some have shared here. Stylistically, he reminds me of JT Daniels, but he's probably a middle class version of him. But it's early. I have concerns about taking a 5* (or a kid who thinks of himself as a 5* already) with what should be a crowded QB room; this is the scenario we've seen result in QB transfers at an alarming clip. 

I love Dematrius Davis though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Are you asking, since we're landing a high upside dual threat, are we fine going for a less mobile passing QB? Not sure 

That and how/if taking 2 in '20 affects '21 numbers.

Does that mean the staff takes the guy they know best and have been on the longest who already told them he is coming vs. waiting to decide who they would take 1st and/or take 2 in '21?

Just now, Goodman said:

That and how/if taking 2 in '20 affects '21 numbers.

Does that mean the staff takes the guy they know best and have been on the longest who already told them he is coming vs. waiting to decide who they would take 1st and/or take 2 in '21?

I don't have any info here, but I think they just really like Preston Stone, and they really like getting their QB in the class early 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I thought Gunnell was on track to be a monster after his sophomore year, and then he just never got better. For me, it's speculative to try and predict whether or not Stone will plateau the same way, even given some of the iffy background info some have shared here. Stylistically, he reminds me of JT Daniels, but he's probably a middle class version of him. But it's early. I have concerns about taking a 5* (or a kid who thinks of himself as a 5* already) with what should be a crowded QB room; this is the scenario we've seen result in QB transfers at an alarming clip. 

I love Dematrius Davis though. 

Yeah, I'd at least like to see them hold off until they play their junior year, but so far the staff seems to like to lock in the class's QB prior to his junior season based on Card and RJ's commitment timelines. 

After watching Davis this year & at that level of hsfb, it is easy to have a tough time not wanting him as your 1st take. He also only saw a real test during that last game of the season, his OL and team kept him clean the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

You need to watch better TV, man. (The actor who plays Sheldon is a Cougar High grad, funnily enough)

True but he didn't get smart until he went to Cal Tech. I know he's a native Houstonian. I think went to one of the Cy Fair high schools.

• 3 weeks later...

this Hamm Lite update made me laugh more than I care to admit. 

A&M's Graham makes special trip to see 2021 RB Darius Hale

Special trip? To fucking Houston? Also, not that the doesn't have years to improve or anything but his Opening results are as follows ::

4.82 40 -- 4.75 shuttle -- 29 vert 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

this Hamm Lite update made me laugh more than I care to admit. 

Special trip? To fucking Houston? Also, not that the doesn't have years to improve or anything but his Opening results are as follows ::

4.82 40 -- 4.75 shuttle -- 29 vert 

Why can't these fuckers ever write a normal recruiting blurb, like "coach X stopped by school Y to check on OL Z. He'll probably visit in the coming months"

On 4/30/2019 at 5:32 PM, Fud said:

Why can't these fuckers ever write a normal recruiting blurb, like "coach X stopped by school Y to check on OL Z. He'll probably visit in the coming months"

I don't know and it's across every service. Every single Aggy site does this exact shit. It makes me feel like they are getting the direction from the AD, honestly. 

They also all live for the bullshit insiders, fake or real. From a million years ago with The Fly and all his "a little birdy told me" all the way up to Imart and his completely fabricated bullshit. 

fucking cult. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:58 PM, texifornia said:

Shadrach blurb

D5cF7XmW0AEV9bJ.jpg

Banks is going where Davis goes. Davis is going where Banks goes. 

If Jimbo gets King Haynes and Dematrius Davis is successive classes, I'll be annoyed. They're both ballers. 

Just now, Fud said:

Banks is going where Davis goes. Davis is going where Banks goes. 

If Jimbo gets King Haynes and Dematrius Davis is successive classes, I'll be annoyed. They're both ballers. 

Is King Haynes his nickname at Longview or are you just always flipping his name around?

On 4/30/2019 at 5:32 PM, Fud said:

They have small penises.

Is it normal in the recruiting reporting industry for fans/alumni to cover their school, like with all of aggy reporters?

or is the norm that it’s treated like a market, and guys want the better markets?  Are there any longhorn alumni or fans covering Texas?  

• Like 1