Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

if they’re taking bread because ... Bilbo. 

Aggins can afford to just throw darts at a board like Mack did after 2005. He’s getting paid $75MM unless he opts to leave Collie Station. And he’s already won a championship. It’s win-win for him. Why work for it?

Was going to update the thread with new aggy offers but Jimbo and Co. are just fucking carpet bombing the 2021 kids with offers. they've already offered 41 DL and 25 WR for 2021 and haven't had a JR day yet. Numbers growing rapidly -- 111 OOS offers to this point (35 Instate offers by comparison). 15 DT offers, all OOS. 

Texas current offers ::  43 TX and 33 OOS. 

58 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Was going to update the thread with new aggy offers but Jimbo and Co. are just fucking carpet bombing the 2021 kids with offers. they've already offered 41 DL and 25 WR for 2021 and haven't had a JR day yet. Numbers growing rapidly -- 111 OOS offers to this point (35 Instate offers by comparison). 15 DT offers, all OOS. 

Texas current offers ::  43 TX and 33 OOS. 

35 in state offers to 111 OOS? That is the way you build that flagship university pipeline. My goodness, It is like Jimbo doesn't get along or isn't trusted by the HS coaches or something.

Deuce 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

1:30p 

Staff

- Spoke briefly with Katy Taylor OL Bryce Foster. I'd expect to see him cut his list of schools down fairly soon to trim out some of the excess phone calls and texts he's dealing with. He spoke with Josh Henson for a while late last week, and he's expected to be in town for the Aggies' Super Bowl junior day. 

- Still expecting 2021 OL target Reuben Fatheree on campus this weekend at last check. I reached back out again for confirmation from Deuce directly, and he just confirmed his visit. He'll check out Aggie basketball on Saturday, as well. 

- I've heard A&M is looking closely at some in state 2022's in terms of offers. A trio of those names, Brenham's Eric Hemphill III, Klein Cain's Jaydon Blue, and Clear Lake's Julian Humphrey will be on campus Sunday. 

- As we've stated, 2022 looks like the return of the LB. Katy's Ty Kana and Manvel's Justin Medlock have both received Power 5 offers this week, and Tyler Santucci was by both schools to get his eyes on them for the first time a few days ago. Also, keep a close eye on Martrell Harris from The Woodlands. Kid should start seeing a lot of offers come his way as coaches come through the school. He passes the eye ball test with flying colors. 

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Deuce 

Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

1:30p 

Staff

- Spoke briefly with Katy Taylor OL Bryce Foster. I'd expect to see him cut his list of schools down fairly soon to trim out some of the excess phone calls and texts he's dealing with. He spoke with Josh Henson for a while late last week, and he's expected to be in town for the Aggies' Super Bowl junior day. 

- Still expecting 2021 OL target Reuben Fatheree on campus this weekend at last check. I reached back out again for confirmation from Deuce directly, and he just confirmed his visit. He'll check out Aggie basketball on Saturday, as well. 

- I've heard A&M is looking closely at some in state 2022's in terms of offers. A trio of those names, Brenham's Eric Hemphill III, Klein Cain's Jaydon Blue, and Clear Lake's Julian Humphrey will be on campus Sunday. 

- As we've stated, 2022 looks like the return of the LB. Katy's Ty Kana and Manvel's Justin Medlock have both received Power 5 offers this week, and Tyler Santucci was by both schools to get his eyes on them for the first time a few days ago. Also, keep a close eye on Martrell Harris from The Woodlands. Kid should start seeing a lot of offers come his way as coaches come through the school. He passes the eye ball test with flying colors. 

Why the fuck do aggy reporters always call players by their nicknames. Shep. Moose. Deuce. Ish.

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Why the fuck do aggy reporters always call players by their nicknames. Shep. Moose. Deuce. Ish.

Because giving a non-scathing interview=aggy lock.   So the masses over there use the nickname like he’s a buddy or something. Then are stunned when their buddy chooses another school.  Like clockwork. 

Aggy 247 / Perroni / Tony Grimes

Spoiler

Update on Tony Grimes

Brian Perroni
He and his family Elko and Robinson him yesterday. Grimes is still going to make a visit in April, but it’s going to be an unofficial

Then he is going to use his official visit either the Ole Miss or LSU weekend. He still has the commitment date of December 1 so the LSU one would obviously be best case scenario for A&M

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggy 247 / Perroni / Tony Grimes

Hide contents

Update on Tony Grimes

Brian Perroni
He and his family Elko and Robinson him yesterday. Grimes is still going to make a visit in April, but it’s going to be an unofficial

Then he is going to use his official visit either the Ole Miss or LSU weekend. He still has the commitment date of December 1 so the LSU one would obviously be best case scenario for A&M

Just like the good DB A&M is recruiting, Perroni sure has a short memory of how that game typically goes. 

there's a pretty funny thread on aggy247 about Coach O's new extension. It provides me with one of my favorite things, when an aggy accidentally bumps into an uncomfortable truth and almost glimpses something real and then blindly stumbles on in agnorance, not knowing what they've said. 

because this is a beauty - in a thread talking about how Coach O only won his title because of Burrow and how LSU is far overpaying Orgeron at $42MM 

almostaggy.png

speechless nathan fillion GIF

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

there's a pretty funny thread on aggy247 about Coach O's new extension. It provides me with one of my favorite things, when an aggy accidentally bumps into an uncomfortable truth and almost glimpses something real and then blindly stumbles on in agnorance, not knowing what they've said. 

because this is a beauty - in a thread talking about how Coach O only won his title because of Burrow and how LSU is far overpaying Orgeron at $42MM 

almostaggy.png

speechless nathan fillion GIF

Would love to see more of that thread.

20 hours ago, golfclap said:

exactly. they keep brushing up against it but not figuring it out. 

Bruh.  Does Coach O, Mack, or Les have Saban losing sleep at night?  Just shivering in his boots at the thought of the sleeping giant that will soon be awaken, crushing his dynasty and relegating him to the has been of college coaches.  There’s only one sitting P5 MNC winning coach who did it all himself, without a great staff and transcendent QB.  And with all of his own hand picked players.  And that man is Jimbo Fucking Fisher.  Whoop. 

A&M set to have loaded visitor list for Super bowl party

Andrew HattersleySTAFF

Posted on 33 mins, V I P, User Since 53 months ago, User Post Count: 0

33 minsVIP

53 months

On the final weekend before National Signing Day, Texas A&M will host a key official visitor with 4-star DT McKinnley Jackson set to be on campus. On Sunday, Texas A&M will also once again host its first Junior Day of the New Year with plenty of key targets in the 2021 class and more expected on campus for the Super Bowl party.

Here is a look at the expected visitors who have confirmed with GigEm247 that they plan to head to College Station for the popular event.

-Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna 5-star LB Terrence Lewis

-Texarkana Pleasant Grove 5-star DE Landon Jackson
-North Shore 4-star WR Shadrach Banks (A&M commit)
-Denton Guyer 4-star QB Eli Stowers (A&M commit)

-Texarkana Pleasant Grove 4-star DE Marcus Burris
-Fort Collins (CO) Fossil Ridge 4-star OT Trey Zuhn
-Miami (FL) Northwestern 4-star WR Romello Brinson
-Katy Taylor 4-star OG Bryce Foster
-Port Arthur Memorial 4-star DE Jordon Thomas
-Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon

-2022 Lewisville 4-star WR Armani Winfield
-2022 Dallas Skyline 4-star DT Bear Alexander
-2022 Katy CB Bobby Taylor
-2022 Dickinson TE Donovan Green

MAYBE
-Richmond Foster 4-star OT Reuben Fatheree
-Southhaven (Miss.) 4-star WR Isaiah Brevard
-Grandview 4-star TE/DE Dametrious Crownover
-2022 Atascocita 4-star OT Kam Dewberry
-2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau

-2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

Already recruiting 2023 RB... dang.

And 2022 starting to get rolling.  Is there a thread for that?  Should it be called, using Seinfeld reference and following up on this thread's title, "2022: Shut up, you old bag!"

Shut up, you old bag!

We did a KKL-based one for '21. I think there's plenty of content in Jimbo's body of work to build off of.

In general though, we can probably wait for them to actually get a commit to start that thread.

20 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

A&M set to have loaded visitor list for Super bowl party

Andrew HattersleySTAFF

Posted on 33 mins, V I P, User Since 53 months ago, User Post Count: 0

33 minsVIP

53 months

On the final weekend before National Signing Day, Texas A&M will host a key official visitor with 4-star DT McKinnley Jackson set to be on campus. On Sunday, Texas A&M will also once again host its first Junior Day of the New Year with plenty of key targets in the 2021 class and more expected on campus for the Super Bowl party.

Here is a look at the expected visitors who have confirmed with GigEm247 that they plan to head to College Station for the popular event.

MAYBE

That's a pretty underwhelming list, honestly. Landon Jackson, Bryce Foster, and Marcus Burris and I guess Jordan Thomas. I guess we might give a fuck about Crownover and Donovan Green. Bear Alexander is dropping. Isn't this where Ishmael Ibraheem is supposed to do the yearly Bag Commit to jump start aTm class momentum? 

54 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A 5* LB and 4* WR from Florida visiting?  Coley already delivering the money bags.

These guys are actually part of the Ish Aristride bag cycle. Think of them as the sunk cost of the entire reclassification/commitment of Donell Harris. 

Not that they won't put Coley on these guys, or that he won't help, but these guys aren't new to the aggy discussion/feeding trough. 

Yeah, Jackson and Burris most likely end up at aggy.  I’m sure they have legit interest in Texas but this is like Alfred Collins.  In the end, Jackson is an aggy legacy and Burris is a small town kid that isnt into the big city.  Tunmise is going to be Bama.   Blackshire probably LSU.   Sanders is a 5 star caliber player so we’ve got one elite guy already.  Darius Terrell on his podcast has hinted that Shemar loves Texas and will end up here.  Says he’s underrated and very athletic.  I think he’s a guy that’s projected to spin down to the interior depending on where his body takes him.  Need to hit on Jordan Thomas and one more DT.   Not sure who else is on the radar.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, Jackson and Burris most likely end up at aggy.  I’m sure they have legit interest in Texas but this is like Alfred Collins.  In the end, Jackson is an aggy legacy and Burris is a small town kid that isnt into the big city.  Tunmise is going to be Bama.   Blackshire probably LSU.   Sanders is a 5 star caliber player so we’ve got one elite guy already.  Darius Terrell on his podcast has hinted that Shemar loves Texas and will end up here.  Says he’s underrated and very athletic.  I think he’s a guy that’s projected to spin down to the interior depending on where his body takes him.  Need to hit on Jordan Thomas and one more DT.   Not sure who else is on the radar.

I think IT hinted that Shemar's a bit of a primadonna. How much that matters, who knows.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

I think IT hinted that Shemar's a bit of a primadonna. How much that matters, who knows.

I haven’t seen anything like that posted about him but I only really follow recruiting through Surly and a few podcasts.  Terrell stated he wanted to enjoy the recruiting process and doesn’t want to ruin anything for the kid but says he expects him at Texas.  With that said, recruiting changes by the second with teenagers.

On a side note, I know “on the computer” reads Surly.  Will, get more former longhorns to do interviews.  I enjoyed the Jackson Jeffcoat and Quandre Diggs interviews.  Terrell is way more enjoyable to listen to than the previous guy, Joe Cook maybe?  

On 1/27/2020 at 9:36 AM, Longhornfrenzy said:

MAYBE

I'm trying to think who this years Jaylon Jones will be.  I don't think Jackson will commit.  Wasn't aggy pressuring him to commit back in the fall and it rubbed him the wrong way?

Would Burris commit?

I could see Stowers DB teammate doing it.