Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

With Clemons being a senior in 2020 and Leal probably spending half his time inside, Wilson would have had a legitimate chance at snaps in 2020 and likely would have played a lot on 2021.  This is a lot different that all the RB's who were pushed out the door.

11 hours ago, MM42 said:

With Clemons being a senior in 2020 and Leal probably spending half his time inside, Wilson would have had a legitimate chance at snaps in 2020 and likely would have played a lot on 2021.  This is a lot different that all the RB's who were pushed out the door.

They all seem to think their incoming freshmen (Diggs, Mowry, and Harris) would have passed him up this year, and he's a third year guy. Mowry, who wasn't in a football program this past summer and semester, and Harris, who weighs like 210 pounds. 

54 minutes ago, Fud said:

They all seem to think their incoming freshmen (Diggs, Mowry, and Harris) would have passed him up this year, and he's a third year guy. Mowry, who wasn't in a football program this past summer and semester, and Harris, who weighs like 210 pounds. 

Someone is really, really going to have to convince me that Donnell Harris shouldn't have dropped at least 100 spots after reclassifying. His body isn't where it needs to be yet to play the position he's projected at in college, and if that guy isn't red-shirting this season at aTm then I definitely think it's a huge mistake. This isn't Alfred Collins rolling in at 280, or even at 240 when he was a fucking Junior. This is Prince Dorbah with an extra inch. The fact he switched classes and basically remained ranked the same blows my fucking mind. And you know he's not red-shirting. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Donell-Harris-46048344/

https://247sports.com/Player/Prince-Dorbah-46048851/

Seriously. Look at their combine times, height, weight. Now, Harris might have a vastly superior wing span, as Dorbah's isn't listed (he probably does have a great wingspan, 79 feels like it's impressive as hell) but this doesn't SEEM like a kid ready to play WDE anytime soon. Dorbah suddenly become an OLB in a 4-3 scheme. Fortunately he seems capable of playing there. What does that make this guy? I know what they need to do with this kid:

dxOlPa.gif

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Fud said:

remember that they processed the other guy who went to Blinn and played well this year

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone is really, really going to have to convince me that Donnell Harris shouldn't have dropped at least 100 spots after reclassifying. His body isn't where it needs to be yet to play the position he's projected at in college, and if that guy isn't red-shirting this season at aTm then I definitely think it's a huge mistake. This isn't Alfred Collins rolling in at 280, or even at 240 when he was a fucking Junior. This is Prince Dorbah with an extra inch. The fact he switched classes and basically remained ranked the same blows my fucking mind. And you know he's not red-shirting. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Donell-Harris-46048344/

https://247sports.com/Player/Prince-Dorbah-46048851/

Seriously. Look at their combine times, height, weight. Now, Harris might have a vastly superior wing span, as Dorbah's isn't listed (he probably does have a great wingspan, 79 feels like it's impressive as hell) but this doesn't SEEM like a kid ready to play WDE anytime soon. Dorbah suddenly become an OLB in a 4-3 scheme. Fortunately he seems capable of playing there. What does that make this guy? I know what they need to do with this kid:

dxOlPa.gif

He reminds me of the slight DE who went to Oregon like five years ago 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

He reminds me of the slight DE who went to Oregon like five years ago 

52 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Torrodney Prevot? 

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Holy shit. ObiWanNameIHeard.gif

We don't wish Donnell Harris to be like Torrodney Prevot: https://www.dailyemerald.com/archives/torrodney-prevot-suspended-two-years-from-uo-following-serious-student/article_d7b77fb7-035f-535d-84e8-7919d2d6d19a.html

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

We dont want any human being to be like that. Naturally. That being said, Jimbo Fisher isn't exactly known for instilling a healthy culture at his stops. Fud might be right on. 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking it.  Dude looks good as a JR, albeit thin.   Luckily for the ags, there’s never been a drop off from elite Jrs to their Sr and college careers. That’s totally not a thing.  I doubt he redshirts, dude wants to get paid (again) as quickly as possible. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, texifornia said:

Having a sad the Denton Ryan kids don't like them

Reveal hidden contents

EQsPM2eWsAA3wJz?format=jpg&name=smallEQsPN8uWkAM7at5?format=jpg&name=smallEQsPO0TWoAA-EDH?format=jpg&name=small

"I look forward to the day where there is no such thing as 'a kid who doesn't have interest in us.' I think that goes away with winning."

No, that doesn't go away, period. Not until you stop thinking of "humping it" as something not to be ashamed of.

50 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

wait.. I thought he was an aggy lock?

He still is. 

Spoiler
Not too much going on in the recruiting world as the first prolonged Dead Period for the class of 2021 continues. 

- Keep an eye on A&M's pursuit of Miami Central RB Amari Daniels. Both Looch and I have heard he's one of those guys this cycle that Jimbo Fisher is very keen on out-of-state. Put him up there with Camar Wheaton and LJ Johnson Jr within the Texas borders. 

- As crazy as it may sound, there are some more 2023's that are off and running as some of the elite kids in Texas and could see offers from the big schools in state. In Houston, I'd keep an eye on Morton Ranch DE David Hicks. He already looks like a nationally elite prospect as a pass rusher. He was fantastic in the Next Level Athlete camp in January and has the attention of the Aggies in a big way.

Staying on the defensive line, Howell has heard good things about Wylie East DE Anthony James. He's a 6-5, 225 edge player that could play as a strong or weak side end depending on how he feels out. Jason said Georgia is already hot on his trail, but the Aggies have begun talks, as well. 

- If you're asking me who could be the next guy to join the 2021 class, I'd still keep an eye on a trio from the Metroplex: jumbo Grandview ATH Dametrious Crownover, Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon, and Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem. From what Jason and I know, the Aggies are still in good standing with all three. 

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

- Keep an eye on A&M's pursuit of Miami Central RB Amari Daniels. Both Looch and I have heard he's one of those guys this cycle that Jimbo Fisher is very keen on out-of-state. Put him up there with Camar Wheaton and LJ Johnson Jr within the Texas borders. 

Yeah, let's check the tape

RB Camar Wheaton (0.9953) - #6 overall player in 2021

RB LJ Johnson Jr (0.9649)  - #80 overall player in 2021

APB Amari Daniels (0.9026)  - #282 overall playaer in 2021

Yep...put him up there with them

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

- If you're asking me who could be the next guy to join the 2021 class, I'd still keep an eye on a trio from the Metroplex: jumbo Grandview ATH Dametrious Crownover, Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon, and Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem. From what Jason and I know, the Aggies are still in good standing with all three. 

Man, Texags is bullish on Ibraheem after he no showed their event. Guess it was a great negotiating tactic on his part. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah, let's check the tape

RB Camar Wheaton (0.9953) - #6 overall player in 2021

RB LJ Johnson Jr (0.9649)  - #80 overall player in 2021

APB Amari Daniels (0.9026)  - #282 overall playaer in 2021

Yep...put him up there with them

Man, Texags is bullish on Ibraheem after he no showed their event. Guess it was a great negotiating tactin on his part. 

Ibraheem definitely screams a recruit that’s getting bought. He didn’t even list A&M as a school that would for sure get a visit to Roach in the Stampede and he skipped his last visit to aggy, yet they list him as one of the next potential commits.
Since Jimbo’s got to A&M, when TexAgs is that bullish on a guy who is giving no discernible indication they’re even in the mix, we should all expect an out of the blue commitment followed by a refusal to visit anywhere else for the rest of the cycle. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ibraheem definitely screams a recruit that’s getting bought. He didn’t even list A&M as a school that would for sure get a visit to Roach in the Stampede and he skipped his last visit to aggy, yet they list him as one of the next potential commits.
Since Jimbo’s got to A&M, when TexAgs is that bullish on a guy who is giving no discernible indication they’re even in the mix, we should all expect an out of the blue commitment followed by a refusal to visit anywhere else for the rest of the cycle. 

I wonder how much more talent they are going to be able to stack before someone sends a shot across the bow. I was too young to know what was going on during the FedEx years.  I need to research that a bit I guess and see how it all went down. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ibraheem also ditched the aggy pool party back in the summer early to come to Austin for the Stars at Night.  I don't remember him even visiting them other than that and I can't remember Perroni ever talking about him much.  This has a Demani/Brian Williams feel to it.

They've forever had Burris as the next likely to commit, but he wasn't even mentioned in that piece.

29 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I wonder how much more talent they are going to be able to stack before someone sends a shot across the bow. I was too young to know what was going on during the FedEx years.  I need to research that a bit I guess and see how it all went down. 

I don't think it matters any more. The NCAA is scared to do much enforcement of any school with any power. They ran over Missouri recently because they could. Many schools like Baylor, Auburn, Arizona, Kansas, LSU - schools that have been busted doing bad shit but who will also lawyer up in a hurry, seem to be able to do whatever the fuck with impunity. Any school not actively working through ways to pay elite recruits for their services in CFB and CBB is living in fantasyland.

Aggies are fucking crazy. Aggies with money are crazier. If the NCAA sniffs around that place nowadays, I'm assuming they'd be scared away pretty quickly and would head back to Indianapolis to stick their heads back up their assholes and wait to become totally irrelevant after the NIL legislation across many states or nationally gets passed.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The world today is not the world of FedEx, so unless you're just curious, there isn't much in way of insight to be gleaned about what might happen today.

I don't see anyone starting to send any shots across the bow of aTm unless they really, really piss off an in-state SEC school with clout and that holds a grudge, or until they actually start winning on the field. It's not like aTm is just stacking top 5 classes, there's a fuck ton of bread baking away on campus next to elite studs. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think it matters any more. The NCAA is scared to do much enforcement of any school with any power. They ran over Missouri recently because they could. Many schools like Baylor, Auburn, Arizona, Kansas, LSU - schools that have been busted doing bad shit but who will also lawyer up in a hurry, seem to be able to do whatever the fuck with impunity. Any school not actively working through ways to pay elite recruits for their services in CFB and CBB is living in fantasyland.

Aggies are fucking crazy. Aggies with money are crazier. If the NCAA sniffs around that place nowadays, I'm assuming they'd be scared away pretty quickly and would head back to Indianapolis to stick their heads back up their assholes and wait to become totally irrelevant after the NIL legislation across many states or nationally gets passed.

mother. fuck. 

Cam Newton was the canary in the shit mine. It was pay-to-play. He was caught. And there was zero punishment. Ever since then, if you haven't been paying players, you've been playing with one arm tied behind your back. Who was the last team to play for the Championship that wasn't paying players? Texas in 2005? Florida in 2006? (caveat: when I say pay, I don't mean 100-1000 dollar handshakes, I mean 100K-150K plus type payments)

You may ask yourself, what changed from Reggie Bush to Cam Newton? Why was USC hammered for paying Bush but Auburn was not punished. Ed O'Bannon filed a lawsuit against the NCAA in 2009. Not only die he sue, but he won. On August 8, 2014, Wilken ruled that the NCAA's long-held practice of barring payments to athletes violated antitrust laws.

No one is coming in to stop Aggy from paying. Just like no one is going to stop Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Auburn, Oregon, etc. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

jay valai was the most comforting hire of the offseason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I mean.... what did Ole Miss get? I don't think anyone's cheated quite so brazenly in a long time and their punishment was two years without a bowl, a few scholarships lost, and some vacated fucking wins. 

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

I mean.... what did Ole Miss get? I don't think anyone's cheated quite so brazenly in a long time and their punishment was two years without a bowl, a few scholarships lost, and some vacated fucking wins. 

hell we did that and didn't even cheat

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

And Miss doesn’t even have a blue blood they are in constant competition with. Be it only for recruits, or relevancy. 

But that was kind of my point. They started to beat Bama, and were putting distance between them and State, and boom. Shot right across the bow.  I was just curious what it would take for someone over here to say, hey fuck these cheating assholes and their nouveau riche lifestyle.   I agree with Sydney and CTJ that the ship has mostly sailed, just thinking aloud is all. I would guess they’d have to go on a tear of 5-7, 5* head to head wins that smelled foul, or a few trips to the playoffs “first” before anything would even begin to come of it.  But hell I don’t know, y’all are the gurus, I just come to learn. 

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

And Miss doesn’t even have a blue blood they are in constant competition with. Be it only for recruits, or relevancy. 

But that was kind of my point. They started to beat Bama, and were putting distance between them and State, and boom. Shot right across the bow.  I was just curious what it would take for someone over here to say, hey fuck these cheating assholes and their nouveau riche lifestyle.   I agree with Sydney and CTJ that the ship has mostly sailed, just thinking aloud is all. I would guess they’d have to go on a tear of 5-7, 5* head to head wins that smelled foul, or a few trips to the playoffs “first” before anything would even begin to come of it.  But hell I don’t know, y’all are the gurus, I just come to learn. 

The Ole Miss story is crazy with Leo Lewis basically ratting out his own school, Mississippi St, while trying to get Ole Miss in trouble. The NCAA was like "too much information" and just went after Ole Miss. 

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Yeah, if they can land Javonne Shepherd, things will turn around.  Because landing a guy with a low to no gpa and bad habits usually spells success. 

Also a guy that couldn’t even start for a shitty B12 team.  Guess that juco is getting him SEC-ready.