Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jimbo's transition class is really bad. I mean awful. Outside of Bobby Brown do they even have another contributor? That class will eventually bite them in the ass. 

Jace Sternberger would be the only other one up to this point 

Here's what I got for their 2018 class (in order of prospect rankings)

Leon O'Neal- Transfer

Jalen Preston- Non-contributor to this point. Might transfer if he's not starting after the spring game 

Colten Blanton- Non-contributor to this point. Potential medical retiree

Bobby Brown- Starter

Max Wright- Non-contributor to this point, probably never will 

Tank Jenkins- Non-contributor to this point

Jeremiah Martin- Had five tackles, not starting this year 

Jashaun Corbin- Transfer

James Foster- Non-contributor to this point. Potential transfer soon 

Caleb Chapman- Non-contributor to this point

Vernon Jackson- Medically retired

Luke Matthews- Non-contributor to this point

Barton Clement- Non-contributor to this point

Montel Parker- Transfer

Tyree Wilson- Transfer

Jace Sternberger- One year stud. Lone bright spot in the class

Glenn Beal- Played some last year, but he sucks

Charles Strong- Transfer

Brian Johnson- Transfer

Mohamed Diallo- Transfer

Deneric Prince- Transfer

Seth Small- Kicker

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fud said:

Leon O'Neal- Transfer

Jalen Preston- Non-contributor to this point. Might transfer if he's not starting after the spring game 

Bobby Brown- Starter

Jashaun Corbin- Transfer

Montel Parker- Transfer

Tyree Wilson- Transfer

Charles Strong- Transfer

Brian Johnson- Transfer

Mohamed Diallo- Transfer

Deneric Prince- Transfer

Seth Small- Kicker

I thought transfers like Sternberger didn't count toward a recruiting class. I am sure i heard a lot of aggies emphatically saying so to anyone who would listen, not long ago.  

• Like 2

I would like to see some sort of research done on the inverse relationship between the amount of shit talking on Twitter vs on field results for high school db recruits. I'm sure that I am mentally filtering and it may extend to all positions, but holy shit that seems to be a real thing. 

Also, watching aggy turn on this kid is going to be high comedy. Cue the subtly racist, "We never cared for his act" posts. 

Good luck Leon. You will always be the best safety in the country in your own mind. 

30 minutes ago, golfclap said:

so I don't know what to think about this one from Aggy247 - the irony of the OP pointing out the OT problems at Auburn is fun, but a semi-lucid Daddy pointing out aggy's problems bothers me while entertaining me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OTlulz.png

Think about how fucking insane that board is if Daddy98 serves as a voice of reason.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also, watching aggy turn on this kid is going to be high comedy. Cue the subtly racist, "We never cared for his act" posts. 

i'm going to miss the hell out of him. the world needs more shit-talking. 

that being said, antonio johnson is the truth, and leon saw that first hand over the last few weeks. extremely excited for him and demani richardson to provide a level of safety play not seen since my personal hero terrance kiel was selling lean out of his trunk circa 2000. rip to the legend.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Leon O'Neal- Transfer

Bobby Brown- Starter

Jashaun Corbin- Transfer

Montel Parker- Transfer

Tyree Wilson- Transfer

Charles Strong- Transfer

Brian Johnson- Transfer

Mohamed Diallo- Transfer

Deneric Prince- Transfer

Seth Small- Kicker

Compare that to our transition class for fun:

Sam Ehlinger - 4 year starter, blossomed into one of the top 10 quarterbacks in college football his junior season.

Toneil Carter - Transfer. This one really hurts cause we passed on Eno. 

Ta'Quon Graham - not a super star, but a solid starter last season. We'll see how he handles the move to 3 tech.

Gary Johnson - two year starter. great JUCO pull.

Montrell Estell - seems ok in spot duty, but stuck behind a 5 star.

Josh Thompson - decent, not great, contributor until injury last year

Reese Leitao - bleh

Marqez Bimage - we'll see if the Utah game was a flash in the pan or a sign of things to come.

Kobe Boyce - no bueno

Derek Kerstetter - major contributor or starter first three years, and likely to be starting center his senior year. 

Daniel Young - bleh

Jordan Pouncey - transfer

Cade Brewer - starting, but bleh IMO

Sam Cosmi - will start three years at tackle before a long career in the NFL

Rob Cummins - medically retired

Jamari Chisholm - bleh

Josh Rowland - transfer

Damion Miller - never made it.

3 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Compare that to our transition class for fun:

Sam Ehlinger - 4 year starter, blossomed into one of the top 10 quarterbacks in college football his junior season.

Toneil Carter - Transfer. This one really hurts cause we passed on Eno. 

Ta'Quon Graham - not a super star, but a solid starter last season. We'll see how he handles the move to 3 tech.

Gary Johnson - two year starter. great JUCO pull.

Montrell Estell - seems ok in spot duty, but stuck behind a 5 star.

Josh Thompson - decent, not great, contributor until injury last year

Reese Leitao - bleh

Marqez Bimage - we'll see if the Utah game was a flash in the pan or a sign of things to come.

Kobe Boyce - no bueno

Derek Kerstetter - major contributor or starter first three years, and likely to be starting center his senior year. 

Daniel Young - bleh

Jordan Pouncey - transfer

Cade Brewer - starting, but bleh IMO

Sam Cosmi - will start three years at tackle before a long career in the NFL

Rob Cummins - medically retired

Jamari Chisholm - bleh

Josh Rowland - transfer

Damion Miller - never made it.

Just by hitting on QB, this class is already a moderate success. Cosmi, and GJ make it decently better. It's not an elite class, but it's one that filled a lot of needs on the roster. A&M has no room to argue. 

The funny thing about their transition class was that it was a big enough class size to hinder them taking a big class in 2020, and through two seasons they got two real contributors from it 

Of course, Texas took a small class in 2020 because they couldn’t late stud recruits late 

3 hours ago, bizzle said:

i'm going to miss the hell out of him. the world needs more shit-talking. 

that being said, antonio johnson is the truth, and leon saw that first hand over the last few weeks. extremely excited for him and demani richardson to provide a level of safety play not seen since my personal hero terrance kiel was selling lean out of his trunk circa 2000. rip to the legend.

Aggies always believe what they are told

From resident program "insider"  lmart05 on 247 board 

image.png.9bf59dc26b41f11712d50742b9333deb.png

2 hours ago, Fud said:

The funny thing about their transition class was that it was a big enough class size to hinder them taking a big class in 2020, and through two seasons they got two real contributors from it 

Of course, Texas took a small class in 2020 because they couldn’t late stud recruits late 

huh? they took 24 this year.

4 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

you can only bring in 25 new scholarships per class. they essentially took a full class. thats why they’re having to do so much portalling.

You can take 25 + whatever is left over from the previous year after early enrollees in the previous class are counted back. Taking 23 in their transition class of mostly bread (24 if you count the running back transfer) directly kept them from being able to go over 24 in 2020. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggies always believe what they are told

From resident program "insider"  lmart05 on 247 board 

image.png.9bf59dc26b41f11712d50742b9333deb.png

as always, it helps to know the right people to listen to. please screenshot this for me so when antonio johnson is getting all-sec mention his sophomore year i can pour some of my lean out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

You can take 25 + whatever is left over from the previous year after early enrollees in the previous class are counted back. Taking 23 in their transition class of mostly bread (24 if you count the running back transfer) directly kept them from being able to go over 24 in 2020. 

6 of one, half dozen of another. i get your point but it's not like they only took 20 this year. the bigger issue with that transition class is going to be next season when there's a dearth of upperclassmen, bread or no.

23 minutes ago, bizzle said:

as always, it helps to know the right people to listen to. please screenshot this for me so when antonio johnson is getting all-sec mention his sophomore year i can pour some of my lean out. 

That sounds like something that will definitely happen. I mean Aggie had *squints* zero position players make an all SEC team this year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

6 of one, half dozen of another. i get your point but it's not like they only took 20 this year. the bigger issue with that transition class is going to be next season when there's a dearth of upperclassmen, bread or no.

I think you might be missing the point a little, or maybe I am but they ended up blueshirting 2 guys into the 2021 class because they had no more room in the 2020 class but also no actual RBs on the roster, etc ...  so not only did they have roster mgmt issues that led to the smaller than needed 2020 class because of the over-signing and subsequent mass exodus of the 2018 class -- It's already impacted their ability to get a full class in the boat for 2021 because instead of borrowing back from EEs etc .. they are already starting from behind with only 23 spots (which includes Grad Xfers, Portal, JUCO guys) This is going to be a weird pendulum effect - they have 17 SRs for this season (with only 2 possible attrition candidates) and 14 JRs (with 4-5 candidates there). They are trying to restock at several positions but since they had roster holes and oversigning at other positions they are up against the 25 AND the 85 - but still have holes that have to be filled. they needed to not borrow forward for Phillips and Crownover, but they did. It's going to be very interesting to see how the unwanted attrition (any non SR and JR) hits their depth chart. (ie RB this year, leading to the blueshirt for Crownover). 

• Like 3

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

10:48p, 2/28/20 

Staff

Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas mentioned on social media earlier today that he believes he's getting close to making a decision regarding his future. In the post, it showed him in both an A&M and a Texas jersey. 

My sources in the Golden Triangle indicated to me that before Thomas would make a decision, he has two scheduled visits to Texas A&M coming up this spring. I'm betting one of those will be an official. Intel I was given indicated Thomas had been in talks with A&M staffers as recently as today, and I've been told Terry Price, Mike Elko, and Elijah Robinson have done a fantastic job of recruiting JT up to this point. Thomas actually lives in Port Acres, a small, country community right next to Port Arthur. I think that the laid back style of living there has given College Station a bit of a draw. 

He was in Austin in January, but I am have not been told if he'll make it back to Texas before making his decision. LSU continues to be a contender, but I heard today it was beginning to sound less likely that the Tigers would be the spot unless something changes pretty quickly. 

9 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

10:48p, 2/28/20 

Staff

Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas mentioned on social media earlier today that he believes he's getting close to making a decision regarding his future. In the post, it showed him in both an A&M and a Texas jersey. 

My sources in the Golden Triangle indicated to me that before Thomas would make a decision, he has two scheduled visits to Texas A&M coming up this spring. I'm betting one of those will be an official. Intel I was given indicated Thomas had been in talks with A&M staffers as recently as today, and I've been told Terry Price, Mike Elko, and Elijah Robinson have done a fantastic job of recruiting JT up to this point. Thomas actually lives in Port Acres, a small, country community right next to Port Arthur. I think that the laid back style of living there has given College Station a bit of a draw. 

He was in Austin in January, but I am have not been told if he'll make it back to Texas before making his decision. LSU continues to be a contender, but I heard today it was beginning to sound less likely that the Tigers would be the spot unless something changes pretty quickly. 

If I understand my texags-speak correctly, this means Jordon Thomas is a lock to Texas.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, golfclap said:

relevant -- another aggy took up keeping the spreadsheet because alc was banned -- I think of few guys are going to be attrition that he doesn't have mentioned and a few of the depth choices are .... interesting, but here you go  ::

9669025.JPG

So going into the 2021 season, they'll be breaking in a new QB, either a statue that can't complete 50% of his passes, or King (who knows with him) behind an OL with 4 new starters being replaced by the likes of *checks notes* Barton Clement, Matthews, Trainer, Bankhead, ect.  Yikes.

• Like 2

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20200228/georgia-will-pay-former-oc-coley-1-million-after-move-to-texas-am

James Coley’s annual salary as Texas A&M’s tight ends coach is $450,000 annually, but he’ll still be paid at least $1 million by Georgia for the final two years of a three-year contract he signed when he was promoted to offensive coordinator in January of 2019.

No man, I ain't paying you 1.5 million. Georgia is paying half your salary. That's what the Georgia Bulldogs think of you. They're paying you 1 million dollars to coach against them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20200228/georgia-will-pay-former-oc-coley-1-million-after-move-to-texas-am

No man, I ain't paying you 1.5 million. Georgia is paying half your salary. That's what the Georgia Bulldogs think of you. They're paying you 1 million dollars to coach against them. 

brad pitt moneyball GIF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So going into the 2021 season, they'll be breaking in a new QB, either a statue that can't complete 50% of his passes, or King (who knows with him) behind an OL with 4 new starters being replaced by the likes of *checks notes* Barton Clement, Matthews, Trainer, Bankhead, ect.  Yikes.

The eternal aggy talent upgrade across the board.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:43 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I would like to see some sort of research done on the inverse relationship between the amount of shit talking on Twitter vs on field results for high school db recruits. I'm sure that I am mentally filtering and it may extend to all positions, but holy shit that seems to be a real thing. 

Good luck Leon. You will always be the best safety in the country in your own mind. 

Drove through college station Friday on the way to Houston and just had to listen to texags radio. It was hilarious hearing the discussion on O'Neal they started out in his corner then turned against him then they were back in his corner and then they turned against him again. Typical crap from those bunch of jerks.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:09 PM, golfclap said:

relevant -- another aggy took up keeping the spreadsheet because alc was banned -- I think of few guys are going to be attrition that he doesn't have mentioned and a few of the depth choices are .... interesting, but here you go  ::

9669025.JPG

what kind if color coding is this? Two of almost exactly the same color of blue? very light gray for expected RS?

oh come on arrested development GIF

• Like 1