Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

Love how most of the media really believe Mond will burst out in his senior season at QB.  Sure the sec west has a lot of questions.. But one question that has been answered repeatedly is Mond sucks. Can't wait for the roller-coaster to derail.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Billy,

Your high dollar coach has not fielded a competent O-line in like a decade.  And the recruiting has been awful in terms of ratings and fit (fat short and short armed 3 stars aren't going to be good).  And he actually recruited quality OL at FSU.

That's debatable but Florida State is an easier draw than Aggy, considering it's a higher premium brand and they've actually won something in this lifetime.

59 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Love how most of the media really believe Mond will burst out in his senior season at QB.  Sure the sec west has a lot of questions.. But one question that has been answered repeatedly is Mond sucks. Can't wait for the roller-coaster to derail.

The media is expecting an A&M senior QB to have a great season...

/giggle gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Mond's decent for a P5 starting QB.  He could be above average if Jimbo weren't so egocentrically insistent on making Mond execute his stone age offense with a terrible OL, bad running game, and an offense that doesnt provide for enough easy throws.  Not to mention Mond's best weapon is his legs and Jimbo refuses to utilize the QB run game even though he tends to recruit primarily dual threat QBs.  There was a lot of times last year where he was carrying their entire offense from flaming trash heap to below average. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Mond's decent for a P5 starting QB.  He could be above average if Jimbo weren't so egocentrically insistent on making Mond execute his stone age offense with a terrible OL, bad running game, and an offense that doesnt provide for enough easy throws.  Not to mention Mond's best weapon is his legs and Jimbo refuses to utilize the QB run game even though he tends to recruit primarily dual threat QBs.  There was a lot of times last year where he was carrying their entire offense from flaming trash heap to below average. 

Mond will be a lot better once they have a TE to dump to and a big WR that can get open--both of which they should have.  Their line will still suck and their run game should be non-existent but we've seen that before with our offense--roll the pocket to buy time.  The top teams in the SEC are just better though and will be able to wear them down, as well as cover guys while pressuring Mond.  

This is aggys last shot since other teams are about to make their presence felt once they get their players and offenses established--cheers Lane.  The season probably isn't going to happen though so really, won't matter.  They'll end up being what they always are--a flaming barrel of garbage that pays for mercenaries to enter the barrel.  Sucks for them--their best chance won't be a chance at all if football gets cancelled.  .  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Sucks for them--their best chance won't be a chance at all if football gets cancelled.  .  

If the season gets cancelled, I'm guessing they'll extend eligibility ... ?  (But with incoming players, they would also need to increase roster size?)

13 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Mond will be a lot better once they have a TE to dump to and a big WR that can get open--both of which they should have.  Their line will still suck and their run game should be non-existent but we've seen that before with our offense--roll the pocket to buy time.  The top teams in the SEC are just better though and will be able to wear them down, as well as cover guys while pressuring Mond.  

This is aggys last shot since other teams are about to make their presence felt once they get their players and offenses established--cheers Lane.  The season probably isn't going to happen though so really, won't matter.  They'll end up being what they always are--a flaming barrel of garbage that pays for mercenaries to enter the barrel.  Sucks for them--their best chance won't be a chance at all if football gets cancelled.  .  

They had that TE last year Wydermeyer or however the shit you spell his name was a stud as a rookie. He'll be better and if Cup is 80% of what he was before injury he'll still be a force. So maybe they're better there, sure, but lets not pretend they were completely devoid in that area before. And before that they had the kansas kid from Juco. He's had a TE to dump to almoset every season he's played in college, and the year he didn't he had Christian Kirk. So I'm not sure that demonstrably that has been lacking and you can expect a big lurch forward. 

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

They had that TE last year Wydermeyer or however the shit you spell his name was a stud as a rookie. He'll be better and if Cup is 80% of what he was before injury he'll still be a force. So maybe they're better there, sure, but lets not pretend they were completely devoid in that area before. And before that they had the kansas kid from Juco. He's had a TE to dump to almoset every season he's played in college, and the year he didn't he had Christian Kirk. So I'm not sure that demonstrably that has been lacking and you can expect a big lurch forward. 

I would think Mond would have more experience now but he hasn't shown that much improvement.  Seems like Demas and a healthy Cup would be a good tandem but really, both haven't played in over a year which could extend to two, interestingly enough.   I don't think they'll play for anything anyway, just because they mostly likely won't all remain injury free and for the first time in awhile, don't have an average rb or an offensive line to mask it.    

Edited by Mdhorn

A&M had a pretty good group of WRs last year. I don't think surrounding skill position talent was the issue. It was inconsistent passing from Mond, average OL, and snail paced west coast offense that's a better fit for a different type of QB. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fud said:

A&M had a pretty good group of WRs last year. I don't think surrounding skill position talent was the issue. It was inconsistent passing from Mond, average OL, and snail paced west coast offense that's a better fit for a different type of QB. 

On the other side, A&M has a strong DL, average LBs, and slow ass DBs that lends itself to Elko selling out against the run in hopes the opposing SEC QB can't pass. 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

On the other side, A&M has a strong DL, average LBs, and slow ass DBs that lends itself to Elko selling out against the run in hopes the opposing SEC QB can't pass. 

To bad for them the rest of the SEC West teams are going towards offenses that airs it out.

I didn't want to let loochey's flat-out admission that texags is free labor to the atm program pass without acknowledgement.

We've seen an uptick in visibility since Marshall Malchow's arrival on social media. Most recently with Coach Dickey taking over the Instagram for a day. Do you think Jimbo will lift his rule that assistants or other football staffers cannot talk to the media during this extended period of downtime?

I'd love to see it, but it's not something he's done (at FSU or A&M), and I think Jimbo is pretty damn great with his time and accommodating with the media, so I can't really complain about a thing on that front. Though Elko would certainly be a blast to talk to and interview.

I think the increase in social media is an improvement, but I think TexAgs (which is free labor to the program) would take it to the next level with unprecedented access with folks like Elko and Malchow.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Why do they feel tight games with MSU and Ole Miss are unexpected at this point?

They are idiots. They have been outscored in SEC play in the 16 Jimbo games on the average of 27.75 to 29.69, only three times have they beaten a SEC team by more than 8 points. Those 3 teams finished a combined 15-22(7-17).

• Like 3

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

5:37p 

Staff

Managed to pick up a few notes over the weekend.

- Howell posted a note about new offer Jerrell Boykins a little bit ago, and a Louisiana source indicated to me that the Aggies were likely the first in line on an upcoming stream of big time offers. His tape is outstanding, and tape goes a long, long way no with no eval period. It was good for A&M that they made the move early. His year at Katy Paetow and family ties to Texas means the Aggies will likely hang around on this one for a while according to my contact. 

- I was told by a southeast Texas source that the Aggies remain in rather consistent contact with 2022 LSU commit Bryce Anderson. If you're asking me now, I think the Tigers will have to really work to hang on to both Anderson and Bryan Allen in that class. I've been told by more than one person that Allen committed completely out of the blue. I'd bet good money that A&M stays after both safety prospects for a while.

- A pair of out of state safeties in the class of 2021 spoke with Mike Elko at length last week. Beggs (OK) product Kendal Daniels has been high on A&M's board since the beginning of the cycle. He and the Aggie DC have talked rather consistently since the Aggies offered in early February. Also, Tallahassee (FL) standout Terrion Arnold is another highly rated safety prospect that is still a possibility in this class. He spoke with Elko last week, as well. While both will be tough to rip from their hometown schools (OU and Florida St), they're clearly still listening to what the Aggies are selling as we head into the summer. 

- Had an East Texas media source tell me there's buzz in his area that the Aggies lead for Landon Jackson. I don't believe there's anything imminent though, and this one could have some see-saws to it once the restrictions are lifted and Jackson starts to take visits again.

- A Houston area source tells me that Alabama and Georgia have both turned the heat up on Atascocita TE Landen King. Based on other intel I've gathered, I'd highly suspect the Aggies to do the same this week, as well. King is rapidly moving up a lot of recruiting boards across the region. Like I said with Billy and Jason a couple of weeks ago, I could see him turning into this cycle's Wydermyer. 

- Lastly, don't count out Lucedale (MS) ATH MJ Daniels when talking about possibilities for A&M. The former teammate of McKinnley Jackson remains in communication with the A&M staff and has seen his stock rise recently. He's being recruited at both WR and DB, but I've heard A&M views him as a corner. 

23 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

5:37p 

Staff

Managed to pick up a few notes over the weekend.

- Howell posted a note about new offer Jerrell Boykins a little bit ago, and a Louisiana source indicated to me that the Aggies were likely the first in line on an upcoming stream of big time offers. His tape is outstanding, and tape goes a long, long way no with no eval period. It was good for A&M that they made the move early. His year at Katy Paetow and family ties to Texas means the Aggies will likely hang around on this one for a while according to my contact. 

- I was told by a southeast Texas source that the Aggies remain in rather consistent contact with 2022 LSU commit Bryce Anderson. If you're asking me now, I think the Tigers will have to really work to hang on to both Anderson and Bryan Allen in that class. I've been told by more than one person that Allen committed completely out of the blue. I'd bet good money that A&M stays after both safety prospects for a while.

- A pair of out of state safeties in the class of 2021 spoke with Mike Elko at length last week. Beggs (OK) product Kendal Daniels has been high on A&M's board since the beginning of the cycle. He and the Aggie DC have talked rather consistently since the Aggies offered in early February. Also, Tallahassee (FL) standout Terrion Arnold is another highly rated safety prospect that is still a possibility in this class. He spoke with Elko last week, as well. While both will be tough to rip from their hometown schools (OU and Florida St), they're clearly still listening to what the Aggies are selling as we head into the summer. 

- Had an East Texas media source tell me there's buzz in his area that the Aggies lead for Landon Jackson. I don't believe there's anything imminent though, and this one could have some see-saws to it once the restrictions are lifted and Jackson starts to take visits again.

- A Houston area source tells me that Alabama and Georgia have both turned the heat up on Atascocita TE Landen King. Based on other intel I've gathered, I'd highly suspect the Aggies to do the same this week, as well. King is rapidly moving up a lot of recruiting boards across the region. Like I said with Billy and Jason a couple of weeks ago, I could see him turning into this cycle's Wydermyer. 

- Lastly, don't count out Lucedale (MS) ATH MJ Daniels when talking about possibilities for A&M. The former teammate of McKinnley Jackson remains in communication with the A&M staff and has seen his stock rise recently. He's being recruited at both WR and DB, but I've heard A&M views him as a corner. 

Reading IT and Roach confidence in Jackson ending up in Austin, while Braunringer saying Jackson is leaning to them according to his ETX source, gives me hope to be let down.

I love how they mention Texas being caught "off guard" by Leal, J. Jones, whoever, yet no mention of Omeire blind siding them leaving them clueless or Perroni putting in an aggy crystal ball days before Broughton committed.  Or the ones where recruits had 100% aggy crystal ball picks ( Sweat, Conner ) and committed to Texas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I love how they mention Texas being caught "off guard" by Leal, J. Jones, whoever, yet no mention of Omeire blind siding them leaving them clueless or Perroni putting in an aggy crystal ball days before Broughton committed.  Or the ones where recruits had 100% aggy crystal ball picks ( Sweat, Conner ) and committed to Texas.

Yeah, that's that self awareness, never lying, good bull nonsense that the world has been hearing about forever.

It's amazing how badly aggy has been in recruiting Texas defensively in Jimbo's 2 full classes. The only recruits that both schools were recruiting heavily that signed with aggy were Leal, Williams, Richardson, and Jones. Without looking it up I'd imagine there were 4 guys in the last cycle alone that signed with Texas that aggy recruited heavily.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's amazing how badly aggy has been in recruiting Texas defensively in Jimbo's 2 full classes. The only recruits that both schools were recruiting heavily that signed with aggy were Leal, Williams, Richardson, and Jones. Without looking it up I'd imagine there were 4 guys in the last cycle alone that signed with Texas that aggy recruited heavily.

Broughton, Collins, and Alford defensively.  They also tried to get in on Crawford late as well.

They would have taken Garth for sure as Looch claimed he was a "top 3 must get" before he picked Texas.  And then you have the Omeire flip.

Leal and Richardson sting to not have.  I don't think many on this board cared that aggy took Williams.  Jones is still TBD.

If you want to jump to this class, they'd without a doubt take Sanders, Conner, and Harris.  And they recently offered Davis.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Broughton, Collins, and Alford defensively.  They also tried to get in on Crawford late as well.

They would have taken Garth for sure as Looch claimed he was a "top 3 must get" before he picked Texas.  And then you have the Omeire flip.

Leal and Richardson sting to not have.  I don't think many on this board cared that aggy took Williams.  Jones is still TBD.

If you want to jump to this class, they'd without a doubt take Sanders, Conner, and Harris.  And they recently offered Davis.

They would take Bowman as well. They aren't in any position to turn down elite secondary players.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

They would take Bowman as well. They aren't in any position to turn down elite secondary players.

I thought they were all in on recruiting New Jersey and UF/FSU/Miami snubs in the sunshine state.  Are they back to recruiting Texas?  

Edited by Mdhorn

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Dylan Wright. Kenyon Green. Demond Demas. 

36 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I'm still waiting for Dylan Wright to portal

Eh, once he committed he kept his head down and didn't screw around or cause drama. The guys that treat it like a job aren't really the most likely portalers (unless they're down on the depth chart).

It's those OOS mercenaries like that LB they're after who punched his teacher that you have to watch out for.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Eh, once he committed he kept his head down and didn't screw around or cause drama. The guys that treat it like a job aren't really the most likely portalers (unless they're down on the depth chart).

It's those OOS mercenaries like that LB they're after who punched his teacher that you have to watch out for.

If he doesn't see the field or ball thrown to him much this coming season, think he would be very tempted to hit the portal in December or early in 2021.  I would take him in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dylan Wright. Kenyon Green. Demond Demas. 

it's probably just longshot wishful thinking because I root for bad things to happen to A&M but I won't be shocked if Demas ends up feeling like a dodged bullet for us. he just seems like he has potential to be an embarrassment. that could be an immediate Hart Lee Dykes embarrassment or a longer-term Lamar Thomas embarrassment, but it won't surprise me either way

14 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Oh yeah, those guys.  It takes self reflection, for which, aggy has none.

Texas has several lineman over 350? *clicks on the Texas roster for 2020*  Several?  Tope Imade and Keondre Coburn. Both right at 350. 

*checks aggy roster - shows Barton Clement who can barely move he's so fat at 319 and Tank Jenkins at 325 ... 

smh GIF

and Bobby Brown at 315 ... 

9141178.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Our S&C program is bad and Barton Simmons is in the tank for UT (lol)

Hide contents

EVkLZ9BXQAEKl6p?format=png&name=360x360EVkLbvmXsAAnBru?format=png&name=360x360EVkLdYnWAAEStS2?format=png&name=360x360

38 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Texas has several lineman over 350? *clicks on the Texas roster for 2020*  Several?  Tope Imade and Keondre Coburn. Both right at 350. 

*checks aggy roster - shows Barton Clement who can barely move he's so fat at 319 and Tank Jenkins at 325 ... 

smh GIF

and Bobby Brown at 315 ... 

9141178.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Reacting to offseason weights rounded to the nearest 5 is always silly.

Doing so during a time where players aren’t on campus or going through spring workouts makes it that much dumber.

Add aggy’s small penis syndrome and inferiority complex regarding big brother, and well, you get full aggy. 

Edited by Burt Macklin