Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Started out 85th in the country in August 2018 and has steadily fallen to 208th in the country and counting. I’m sure none of those tOSU, LSU, UM offers are committbale. This is classic aggy recruiting playbook under Jimbo. Pay for an overrated 4 star from OOS that all the regional powers have passed on. 

#Momentum

Hamm Lite with a glowing review ::

I knew he was high on A&M and also that some of his other top schools weren't after him all that hard. But I was not positive how hard A&M was. But, no we now. He's a kid that, if he decides to truly focus on football and give it his all, has some serious tools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Started out 85th in the country in August 2018 and has steadily fallen to 208th in the country and counting. I’m sure none of those tOSU, LSU, UM offers are committbale. This is classic aggy recruiting playbook under Jimbo. Pay for an overrated 4 star from OOS that all the regional powers have passed on. 

The Fluffiest White Bread in the World Recipe | Saveur

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

I knew he was high on A&M and also that some of his other top schools weren't after him all that hard. But I was not positive how hard A&M was. But, no we now. He's a kid that, if he decides to truly focus on football and give it his all, has some serious tools.

Aside from your bolded and the “no we now” abortion of English syntax/autocorrect/whatever, I like how the only thing holding this kid back is his dedication to football.  That’s such great aggy talk for ‘he’ll be better than his film shows we promise, just because.’  Or maybe hamm lite has done a deep dive into the motivations of a Brooklyn kid 1500 miles away that he’s never met, never talked about, and didn’t know how “hard A&M was” for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Quite a fall from "one of the best in the SEC" and "better than that sip safety" shit we read before last season.

His only minor knocks are that he doesn’t know how to play his position and he is too slow for his position. Clean those two things up and it’s 1st round next draft!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Man, I didn’t know there were AJ many black kids in NYC and New Jersey that dream of spending 4 years in racist college station lmao

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Man, I didn’t know there were AJ many black kids in NYC and New Jersey that dream of spending 4 years in racist college station lmao

Say it again, with the exact same misspellings, in another hour, imo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Anybody in NYC would have to be paid to know aggy exists.  Who the hell has heard of aggy in the NE?  They're never on the championship stage for any sport.    

Edited by Mdhorn

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Anybody in NYC would have to be paid to know aggy exists.  Who the hell has heard of aggy in the NE?  They're never on the championship stage for any sport.    

Exactly.  Those morons can’t even buy the recruits in their own state.  They will constantly have huge turnover and attrition.  Out of state guys that aren’t getting playing aren’t going to stick around. 

If y'all only knew. 

Spoiler

Liucci

3:14p 

Staff

AG

This afternoon Mike Elko and Elijah Robinson reeled in one of the top edge rushers in the Northeast and it's a really nice pickup for Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies.

Jahzion Harris is a 6-4, 215-pound defensive end from Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn who chose the Ags over offers from the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, Miami, OU, Penn State and several other notables. A four-star defender who could eventually land in the national top-150, Harris becomes the Ags' fourth 2021 commit and their first defensive pledge.

Some thoughts:

1) Pop in the tape (or just click 'watch' since it's 2020). This dude has what coaches refer to as 'juice.' He's a natural edge rusher who is built a lot like Von Miller was at the same stage of his career (probably a little heavier but a similar frame that should carry 245 pounds or so with relative ease). He's long and rangy and can really run. This is another key step towards the Ags adding pass rushers to the roster, guys who can create problems for giant SEC tackles with length and quickness from the outside. And don't get it twisted, Harris isn't a small guy by any stretch. As he grows, he has a chance to be a pretty dynamic player along the defensive front.

2) What probably made Jahzion more appealing to the Ags (and everyone else who recruited him) is the fact that he's a very versatile front seven defender. Harris has the size and athleticism that should allow Mike Elko to move him around like a chess piece. He's a pretty accomplished basketball player who is very agile and light on his feet and clearly has the ability to be effective with a hand in the dirt on the edge or playing on his feet. He'll be a guy who Elko and the Ags can use to rush the passer or be very effective dropping into coverage, thanks to an eye-catching combo of speed, athleticism and length.

3) You guys wanted momentum and Harris' commit could be the start of a nice push by the Aggies in terms of them picking up a couple of names from out of state. Harris was one of a handful of prospects (including at least one top-10 talent in Texas) who I would have described as 'close' to choosing in favor of the Maroon & White before today. Guys like longtime coveted RB Amari Daniels and WR Yulkeith Brown out of Florida are among those giving the Aggies the hardest look, as are Miami five-star LB Terrence Lewis and grossly underrated CB Tyreek Chappell out of Pennsylvania. Not saying all of those dominoes are going to fall A&M's way, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Ags make a hard push in coming days/weeks to follow up the Harris commit with a couple of other verbals that move the needle and get the ball rolling before on-campus visits can begin again (which I don't see happening until probably mid- to late-July based on what I'm hearing).

4) I mentioned adding an edge athlete to the mix and the importance of that. Last year, the Ags signed Fadil Diggs and Donell Harris. Now they've added Jahzion Harris and would love to add a Jordon Thomas to that mix, as well. Elko, Robinson and Terry Price and very quickly addressing a need that was pretty dire at this time a year ago and turning it into an SEC West-level strength. Because of what they can do to impact opposing passing games in more ways than one, you can't have enough guys like Harris (Donell or Jahzion) on a defensive roster. Very nice out of state pickup for the Maroon & White.

5) ...and it probably won't be the last for the Aggies from the Northeast. Last year, A&M signed New Jersey Player of the Year Fadil Diggs, another top-10 talent out of the Garden State in Isaiah Raikes and also grabbed Joshuah Moten out of the DC area. A year earlier, the Ags nabbed a potential future defensive starter in Pennsylvania LB Andre White. Today's addition happens to be the No. 2 ranked player in New York State, and the Aggies have a chance to do more damage in the old stomping grounds of both Elko and Robinson. I went down a list of names that the Ags have a legit shot at signing and sitting on the front end of that group would be a pair of Pennsylvania defensive backs in 6-2, 195-pound safety Donovan McMillon (a 'three star' despite holding offers from A&M, LSU, Penn St, Michigan, Florida, Oregon, Tennessee and Notre Dame, among others) and lockdown corner Tyreek Chappell. Moten's high school teammate and four-star DT Monkell Goodwine is also a legit possibility. Pulling borderline 5-star DT Tywone Maloneout - and away from Ohio State - will be a Herculean task, but if the last couple of years have taught us anything, it's to not count Elijah Robinson out in the race for a nationally-recruited defensive lineman, as evidenced by the Ags landing the likes of McKinnley Jackson in 2020 and Derick Hunter in '19, not to mention surprising pushes for guys like Ish Sopsher and Jaquelin Roy the past two cycles.

6) So the Ags took the first of what will be at least four and probably eventually five steps towards filling out this year's defensive line class. The options still out there (and it's a list that is sure to grow as the Ags continue their state and national search) include Pleasant Grove's Marcus Burris, DE Shemar Turner out of DeSoto, Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas, Goodwine and Malone from up north, recent LSU commit Landon Jackson (no, the Ags aren't going to let him leave the state and not sign with his longtime favorite without an extended fight) and West Coast four-star DT Victory Vaka . The Aggies should be just getting started here.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You are the last guy that should be cracking about misspelling or autocorrect

I’m actually cracking that the same post showed up, identically, an hour apart from the same poster. The misspellings are a marker of true identical nature of posts. See what was happening now?

Edited by SydneyCarton

17 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

If y'all only knew. 

Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

This afternoon Mike Elko and Elijah Robinson reeled in one of the top edge rushers in the Northeast and it's a really nice pickup for Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies.

Jahzion Harris is a 6-4, 215-pound defensive end from Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn who chose the Ags over offers from the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, Miami, OU, Penn State and several other notables. A four-star defender who could eventually land in the national top-150, Harris becomes the Ags' fourth 2021 commit and their first defensive pledge.

Some thoughts:

1) Pop in the tape (or just click 'watch' since it's 2020). This dude has what coaches refer to as 'juice.' He's a natural edge rusher who is built a lot like Von Miller was at the same stage of his career (probably a little heavier but a similar frame that should carry 245 pounds or so with relative ease). He's long and rangy and can really run. This is another key step towards the Ags adding pass rushers to the roster, guys who can create problems for giant SEC tackles with length and quickness from the outside. And don't get it twisted, Harris isn't a small guy by any stretch. As he grows, he has a chance to be a pretty dynamic player along the defensive front.

2) What probably made Jahzion more appealing to the Ags (and everyone else who recruited him) is the fact that he's a very versatile front seven defender. Harris has the size and athleticism that should allow Mike Elko to move him around like a chess piece. He's a pretty accomplished basketball player who is very agile and light on his feet and clearly has the ability to be effective with a hand in the dirt on the edge or playing on his feet. He'll be a guy who Elko and the Ags can use to rush the passer or be very effective dropping into coverage, thanks to an eye-catching combo of speed, athleticism and length.

3) You guys wanted momentum and Harris' commit could be the start of a nice push by the Aggies in terms of them picking up a couple of names from out of state. Harris was one of a handful of prospects (including at least one top-10 talent in Texas) who I would have described as 'close' to choosing in favor of the Maroon & White before today. Guys like longtime coveted RB Amari Daniels and WR Yulkeith Brown out of Florida are among those giving the Aggies the hardest look, as are Miami five-star LB Terrence Lewis and grossly underrated CB Tyreek Chappell out of Pennsylvania. Not saying all of those dominoes are going to fall A&M's way, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Ags make a hard push in coming days/weeks to follow up the Harris commit with a couple of other verbals that move the needle and get the ball rolling before on-campus visits can begin again (which I don't see happening until probably mid- to late-July based on what I'm hearing).

4) I mentioned adding an edge athlete to the mix and the importance of that. Last year, the Ags signed Fadil Diggs and Donell Harris. Now they've added Jahzion Harris and would love to add a Jordon Thomas to that mix, as well. Elko, Robinson and Terry Price and very quickly addressing a need that was pretty dire at this time a year ago and turning it into an SEC West-level strength. Because of what they can do to impact opposing passing games in more ways than one, you can't have enough guys like Harris (Donell or Jahzion) on a defensive roster. Very nice out of state pickup for the Maroon & White.

5) ...and it probably won't be the last for the Aggies from the Northeast. Last year, A&M signed New Jersey Player of the Year Fadil Diggs, another top-10 talent out of the Garden State in Isaiah Raikes and also grabbed Joshuah Moten out of the DC area. A year earlier, the Ags nabbed a potential future defensive starter in Pennsylvania LB Andre White. Today's addition happens to be the No. 2 ranked player in New York State, and the Aggies have a chance to do more damage in the old stomping grounds of both Elko and Robinson. I went down a list of names that the Ags have a legit shot at signing and sitting on the front end of that group would be a pair of Pennsylvania defensive backs in 6-2, 195-pound safety Donovan McMillon (a 'three star' despite holding offers from A&M, LSU, Penn St, Michigan, Florida, Oregon, Tennessee and Notre Dame, among others) and lockdown corner Tyreek Chappell. Moten's high school teammate and four-star DT Monkell Goodwine is also a legit possibility. Pulling borderline 5-star DT Tywone Maloneout - and away from Ohio State - will be a Herculean task, but if the last couple of years have taught us anything, it's to not count Elijah Robinson out in the race for a nationally-recruited defensive lineman, as evidenced by the Ags landing the likes of McKinnley Jackson in 2020 and Derick Hunter in '19, not to mention surprising pushes for guys like Ish Sopsher and Jaquelin Roy the past two cycles.

6) So the Ags took the first of what will be at least four and probably eventually five steps towards filling out this year's defensive line class. The options still out there (and it's a list that is sure to grow as the Ags continue their state and national search) include Pleasant Grove's Marcus Burris, DE Shemar Turner out of DeSoto, Port Arthur Memorial DE Jordon Thomas, Goodwine and Malone from up north, recent LSU commit Landon Jackson (no, the Ags aren't going to let him leave the state and not sign with his longtime favorite without an extended fight) and West Coast four-star DT Victory Vaka . The Aggies should be just getting started here.

Couldn’t read past the Von Miller comparison..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

If y'all only knew. 

Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Some thoughts:

I couldn’t read past the Von Miller comparison...

6 hours ago, golfclap said:

Wow... for a post commitment comment, Perroni just shit in the kid's mouth.  

15 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

A black kid from Brooklyn won't last a year in that redneck utopia.

culture shock 

It's one thing to be from New Boston or Nac and go to College Station

...it's another entirely to go from Brooklyn to College Station. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Looks like the Ags got a new LB commitment.  #JimboAffect

image.png

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaci-Seegars-46084196/

From TexAgs:

On tape, Seegars is an intriguing prospect with a high ceiling. He’s a great space defender and shows a great knack to find the football off the edge. He also plays with an extremely high motor. He’s a relentless finisher that arrives with bad intentions. His long wingspan and side-to-side agility make him a sure tackler both in the open field and within the scrum around the line of scrimmage. Seegars carries a lot of twitch and explosion in his long frame. His stop-start ability is impressive for a kid of his size. You can check out his junior tape below. 

Edited by texifornia

Spoiler

Liucci

3:45p 

Staff

AG

Watch. This. Tape.

This is a kid who you take early because you can get him now and if you hesitate you're running the risk of his offer list blowing up overnight. Then you have a free for all on your hands when it didn't have to be that way.

Kaci Seegars is a guy that Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Tyler Santucci identified as a screaming take, and the staff is trusting their evaluation here and using one of what may end up being only two scholarship LB spots that the Aggies use in the Class of '21. 

So what do the Aggies see here? First and foremost, Seegars is a young man who Santucci watched closely last summer at Wake Forest's camp while coaching the position for the Demon Deacons, so he's extremely familiar with Seegars, both as a young man and what he can do athletically. 

He's a 6-2, 210-pound plus linebacker who is extremely twitchy and explosive (he boasts at 37" vertical at that size and has been clocked consistently at a sub-4.6). He's also a gifted athlete who is on the field for virtually every snap and makes some pretty damn impressive plays out of the backfield on offense. Kaci is also a very good basketball player...good enough that he thought that was what he'd do in college until recently. He's actually pretty similar to 2020 signee Edgerrin Cooper, who was committed to OU very early in the process before blowing up late, in many ways.

Here's a guy who Georgia currently holds in very high regard and who (mark my words), will eventually get a serious push from the Dawgs and plenty of other power programs. That will happen sooner rather than later now that he's an Aggie, but Santucci's relationship plus the fact that the Ags were the first to move on him is why he'll be wearing Maroon & White and making plays for Mike Elko over the next four years.

What happened in the draft this weekend in Texas has been an eye-opener for a lot of you guys in terms of how important trusting your evaluations are for any Power 5 program and especially for championship contenders. Look at how many of the Texas picks did NOT land at power programs. A perfect example is Tech's Jordyn Brooks, an A&M eval and pass who ended up a first-rounder. Or how about Elkins three-star Kenneth Murray? Go back and check Jimbo's track record at FSU and what happened with some of the lesser-regarded guys the Noles signed in their highly-rated classes. Look at LSU's draft and tell me where some of those guys were on the 'lists' at the time of their commits. Coaches who trust what they see and have blinders on are the ones who fill the lower end of their class (I'm only talking in terms of rankings) with contributors and some eventual All-Conference performers. Seegars has that type of talent. Fisher and Elko know it, and that's why there was zero reason to hesitate here and why the folks in the Bright Complex are pretty damn fired up today.

Two things in closing: First, this is going to be a very small linebacker class. Kenneth Phillips is grayshirting but really is counted towards last year in terms of the group he's a part of. When you look at the last two years at the position, I honestly don't think we'll see the Ags sign more than two in 2021. They used one of those spots in late April on a linebacker whose biggest offer outside of A&M might be NC State. What does that tell you about what the Ags think here? Other top-shelf prospects on the board include Miami stud Terrence LewisKendrick Blackshire, Georgia standout Smael Mondon (he's one UGA is holding out for and it's held up the Seegars offer) and Shadow Creek's Terrance Cook. It's not a very long list in '21 for the Ags, who feel they are in a nice spot in terms of young talent at the position. This is going to be a trench/DB heavy haul for Fisher and Co. 

Second, this wasn't about picking up momentum by adding a second commit in as many days. This was clearly about pulling a kid out of Charlotte who can flat out play football. Now I'm looking at a front seven that continues to add speed, athleticism and size on the edges and in the second level of the defense. Seegars, Jahzion Harris, Donell Harris, Fadil Diggs, Edgerrin Cooper, Antonio Doyle...heck throw in guys from one class earlier - Chris Russell and Andre White as well. Pretty similar stories actually. 

Watch. The. Tape. On all these dudes. The Aggies are turning a weakness into a strength pretty quickly here.