Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

"A&M is also targeted by natural recruiting rivals OU and LSU as each program's primary threat in the Lone Star State. "

"... their feelings were hurt that a school like Texas A&M could rip a national championship winner away from a football blueblood like Florida State ..."

"It's a nightmare scenario that folks from Tuscaloosa to Austin and all points in between are doing everything in their power to prevent."

This stuff is pretty unbelievable.  Yeah, I know, Aggies ... but still.  A large number of people actually believe this? 

Quite incredible. 

A large number of people believe, and pay for that, sir. It’s the NowThis of fanbases, where 10 dollar bills fly out of their wallets while Billy jams his dildo into them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Getafix said:

"A&M is also targeted by natural recruiting rivals OU and LSU as each program's primary threat in the Lone Star State. "

"... their feelings were hurt that a school like Texas A&M could rip a national championship winner away from a football blueblood like Florida State ..."

"It's a nightmare scenario that folks from Tuscaloosa to Austin and all points in between are doing everything in their power to prevent."

This stuff is pretty unbelievable.  Yeah, I know, Aggies ... but still.  A large number of people actually believe this? 

Quite incredible. 

I mean, aggy football "sleeping giant" meme isn't even the dumbest shit those people believe in

Edited by Bevo14

10 hours ago, Getafix said:

Quite incredible. 

When I first read this, I thought you were just cartoonizing the aggy eternal hope talking points, but nope, Luicci managed to put all this into a single paragraph. Absolutely incredible. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

In fairness to the recruit, it's probably because aggy was tweeting at him constantly yesterday. I don't blame the kid. He's got a billion aggys in his mentions telling him that 247/Texas screwed him. 

Yep. It took them like a week to make that poor kid go full aggy.  Being fat and slow has nothing to do with his rankings drop, just politics and anti-aggy bias. 

Wouldn’t one think that if all aggy classes were being systematically underrated, even the ones they’ve had in the top 10, then they’d be the most talented team in the country, and should, you know, actually win anything at all of significance by now? 

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. It took them like a week to make that poor kid go full aggy.  Being fat and slow has nothing to do with his rankings drop, just politics and anti-aggy bias. 

Wouldn’t one think that if all aggy classes were being systematically underrated, even the ones they’ve had in the top 10, then they’d be the most talented team in the country, and should, you know, actually win anything at all of significance by now? 

Come the fuck on dude. You *know* that 3rd place in the motherfuckin' SEC West is basically the same thing as making the playoffs or a resounding win in a NY6 Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Come the fuck on dude. You *know* that 3rd place in the motherfuckin' SEC West is basically the same thing as making the playoffs or a resounding win in a NY6 Bowl. 

Who needs any championships when you can place 3rd in the SEC West?

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is the funniest thing about their constant bitching when it comes to recruiting rankings. They have one top 10 finish in 20 years. There's a very simple way to prove that the recruiting services are undervaluing your talent.....it's called winning. 

Hell, Texas has definitely underachieved in recent years but they can actually point to a national title, BCS wins, major bowl wins, 10 win seasons, etc to show that those talented classes helped them win. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Well, this is fun

Bro, you were 6'1.75" and 353 pounds at the Rivals camp. there's no bias or politics in that. Your Soph HUDL showed real promise, your JR HUDL shows meatloaf. Again, no bias. No politics. 

Honestly, if you didn't know your size was an issue you wouldn't be telling the aggy 9.95ers that you measured 6'4" 315 this past week. Take the L, V. 

the interesting thing is - he's honestly not a bad prospect. If he dedicated himself and actually got down to 305 he'd be a damn good player. But he's not. He's 353. If he got down to 305 he'd have the offers from USC, UCLA, et al. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Getafix said:

Quite incredible. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Bro, you were 6'1.75" and 353 pounds at the Rivals camp. there's no bias or politics in that. Your Soph HUDL showed real promise, your JR HUDL shows meatloaf. Again, no bias. No politics. 

Honestly, if you didn't know your size was an issue you wouldn't be telling the aggy 9.95ers that you measured 6'4" 315 this past week. Take the L, V. 

the interesting thing is - he's honestly not a bad prospect. If he dedicated himself and actually got down to 305 he'd be a damn good player. But he's not. He's 353. If he got down to 305 he'd have the offers from USC, UCLA, et al. 

Well, at least he’s going to a program that was able to make Bobby Brown look like this after a full year of S&C. 

9141178.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

• Like 1

Speaking of Jimbo, one of his OL fatties at FSU was arrested for battery yesterday. I think he was already in the portal. I decided to look at how the out of state prospects from his class turned out at FSU ('16 class): 

Dickerson (Transfer)

Henry (Transfer)

Upshur (Transfer)

Williams (Dismissed)

Ball (Dismissed)

Myers (Transfer)

Arnold (Transfer)

Tyler (Transfer)

Joyner (Didn't Qualify)

I'm looking at more of the recruiting classes at FSU but it's looking like the attrition rate was insane with out of state prospects. Shocking I know. 

aggy going to lose a NE coast Elijah lock to OU because OU has clarified that they want him at DE and not DT? Using their tactics against them? Via DirtBurglar247

Monkell Goodwine... Yep, that name is back in the middle of Sooners recruiting talk, and for a good reason, too. How it came about is the most interesting part of it all...

This past weekend, I randomly got a text from a source, saying, "I let OU know that they are back in with Monkell Goodwine," the source said. "I was told by some folks that he spoke with Caleb (Williams), and from there, he told some people that OU was back in it." Now, Goodwine put out a top-5, but that is now gone off of his Twitter account. The Sooners didn't make it then due to some miscommunication.

For those that forgot or weren't on OUinsider back then, the Sooners hired Jamar Cain last winter. He was under the impression that Goodwine was an interior lineman, or wanted to be recruited as such. It was no one's fault, but Cain and Riley tried to make sure Goodwine knew that he was a DE for the Sooners, and just like he was with all of the other schools recruiting him. That seemed to fix it with Goodwine until it didn't, and OU was back off the list again.

I am told it is back on for good (for now at least), but it's all new again, according to a source, "Monkell just started talking to OU again," the source said. "Coach Lincoln Riley called and let us know that he was still interested. Monkell and Coach Cain have begun to talk a lot again. Kell is working on his finals this week, so he isn't going to set up a virtual visit to OU yet, but it could happen on Friday. That would be the day if it was going to happen this week. He isn't talking to many coaches with school so busy, but he has made time for OU, Clemson, LSU, and Alabama. I know those four are his top squads, and will for sure get an official visit."

The team left off of the official visit talk was Texas A&M. I was taken back because there was a lot of chatter with Goodwine and Gig'Em until recently. So, what is the deal? The source explained it as best as they could, saying, "Kell just hasn't talked a lot to A&M lately," they said. "They may get an official visit, but I don't think so right now. I just see Kell taking those four," the source continued.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

When I first read this, I thought you were just cartoonizing the aggy eternal hope talking points, but nope, Luicci managed to put all this into a single paragraph. Absolutely incredible. 

Sounds like he's just trying to justify the $75M price tag for someone that really, nobody wanted, yet aggy was somehow able to persuade ($$$) to come to that stinkhole.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. I'm sure they exist, but man, I've never seen a recruit tweet claiming Fake News and media bias about their fucking HS ranking. Holy shit, this guy couldn't BE a better fit for aTm in every possible way. Fat, Lazy, plummeting bread who blames everyone and everything around them with zero accountability. Motherfucker should change his name to Revelie Vaka and be done with it. 

"Fat, Lazy, plummeting bread who blames everyone and everything around them with zero accountability. Motherfucker should change his name to Revelie Vaka and be done with it."

Ohhhh...I thought you were talking about someone else.....

Harmon to aggy seems imminent ::

Hamm Lite :: 

I'm changing my confidence on Harmon from 7 to 9, so that average will go up.

There is another cornerback with a number of new Crystal Ball prediction coming in favor of the Aggies as well.

Denton Guyer four-star defender Deuce Harmon also has high interest in Notre Dame and Texas, along with A&M. However, all 12 of his Crystal Ball predictions are for the Aggies.

The three lead experts' average confidence rating is 8.0 out of 10, but that number could go up even higher in the near future. Harmon has not set a timetable for an announcement at this point.

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Harmon to aggy seems imminent ::

Hamm Lite :: 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that even if he commits he will still be taking visits during the season.  He might feel more comfortable committing to aggy now more than any one else, but this smells like a reservation more than a commitment. 

Aggie 247 / Andrew Hattersley / 4-star CB Harmon closing in on decision, breaks down top schools

Going good.

Pushing hard.

Spoiler

4-star CB Harmon closing in on decision, breaks down top schools

Andrew Hattersley

Four-star cornerback Deuce Harmon has seen plenty of attention come his way after a standout junior campaign in which he was named a first-team all-district selection.

As his senior year approaches, Harmon is now beginning to close in on making a decision, likely in the next couple of weeks.

It's been going good, I'm enjoying it a lot,” Harmon told GigEm247. “Now I'm getting to that point where I'm starting to shut it down.”

Harmon recently narrowed his focus to seven schools with Texas A&M, Texas, Notre Dame, Oregon, TCU, SMU and USC making the cut.

Since the Aggies offered Harmon in September, he has made multiple trips to Aggieland and developed a strong relationship with the staff keeping in regular contact lately with defensive backs coach TJ Rushing, defensive ends coach Terry Price and head coach Jimbo Fisher.

It's coming along really good,” Harmon said. “They got a couple of new coaches and they got a couple new recruiting staff [members] and my relationship with all them is great, it built fast and quickly.”

Since offering Harmon, the coaching staff has consistently sold the Denton Guyer cornerback on being one of the leaders on the defensive side of the ball in the 2021 class. That consistency has stuck out to Harmon as he has gone through the process.

“He's still keeping that same word you know, they haven't changed anything,” Harmon said. “They're still saying what they've been saying since they first offered me. So, like that's really what has driven me to keep them up top. They haven't changed any of their words since the beginning.”

Texas, Notre Dame and Oregon are a few of the others pushing for Harmon with the Longhorns ramping up their pursuit of him since offering in early April.

It's going good, they're pushing hard,” Harmon said of Texas. “I've known coach [Jay] Valai for a while. I used to work out with him when I was little so that relationship has always been there.”

Oregon extended an offer in late February to Harmon and has been another school standing out to the four-star cornerback.

It's coming along real good,” Harmon said of Oregon. “At this point it's just a matter of going to visit, so like since we can't visit in the summer, I'm just sticking with the information that I know from each school.”

The Irish were scheduled to host Harmon for an official visit earlier this spring and have also been in consistent contact for a while.

They're pushing hard,” Harmon said. “I'm talking to coach [Brian] Polian. I just got off a FaceTime call with Coach [Brian] Kelly the other day. They're pushing really hard just like all the other schools.”

While the dead period has prevented Harmon from taking a couple of visits he hoped to take, he said it has not changed his timeline of making a decision prior to his senior year.

“It didn't really change it,” Harmon said. “I always had the timeline to make a decision in the summertime but it did affect the official visits for like all the other schools because that was what I was waiting for to take the official so I can make like a 100% decision. Since the visits are canceled, like I said I'm just going to stick with the information that I know.”

As he prepares to make a decision in the next couple of weeks, he is keeping a couple of key factors in mind.

“The relationship with the staff and then knowing what I could get from the university after football,” Harmon said. “Then location is always a big part where I'm going to spend the next three to four years. Then definitely like the football scheme. See where they're going to play me at, see if I actually have a chance to compete for a starting position." 

Spoiler

Liucci

11:11p, 5/21/20 

Staff

AG

The way I see things, winning an SEC title these days and having a real look at taking it a step further and claiming a national championship requires truly elite quarterback play. As we've seen over the past couple of seasons, as the Aggies have beaten the teams they're on equal footing with and lost to the ones that clearly have more talent (there's probably only one exception to be found on each side of things in 26 games under Jimbo Fisher), so stockpiling championship-level talent across the board is the other non-negotiable part of the championship equation in the Southeastern Conference.

The Aggies have been getting it done at most positions over the past two-plus cycles but a couple of spots on the roster stand out, one that's just about 'there' and another that could show a pretty significant swing towards being where Fisher knows it needs to be with just a couple of more '21 additions.

If the Ags can land Reuben FathereeBryce Foster (these are big ifs but also very legitimate possibilities) and add at least one more (perhaps Connor Tollison or another out of stater or late-blooming Texan) your three year cumulative at offensive line would look flat out nasty. We'd be talking about a pair of five-stars in Foster and Kenyon Green, a tackle who was a head-to-head win over LSU and OU and could have chosen to play anywhere in the country in Fatheree, Chris Morris (chose A&M over OU, Bama and Tennessee), Akinola Ogunbiyi (a flip from Georgia's No. 3 class), Trey Zuhn (offers from Ohio State, ND, Michigan and OU) and Matthew Wykoff (chose the Ags over USC, Penn State, Auburn and Texas). Those are just the most highly-rated of the signees and doesn't include other promising signees like Josh Bankhead and Layden Robinson

So you lose out on a few along the way. Guys like Savion ByrdDonovan JacksonChad LindbergSedrick Van Pranand Javonne Shepherd don't end up at A&M. That's fine...as long as you're signing an equally-impressive set of road-graders upfront, which is what the Ags will have done if they close things out with the big dogs.

They're already doing it along the defensive line. DeMarvin LealDonell HarrisBobby Brown (Class of '18 here) and McKinnley Jackson were all five-star talents as far as the likes of Jimbo, Nick Saban and the rest of the college football powers in the South were concerned. Fadil Diggs was the state player of the year in New Jersey and could also have written his own ticket and Derick Hunter was coveted by all of the Florida programs before leaving the state. Again, we're not even including the lower-ranked signees who are already turning heads like Isaiah Raikes and Adarious Jones. Ink a class in '21 featuring one or two more elite signees - DeSoto's Shemar Turner, DC standout Monkell Goodwine or New Jersey five-star Tywone Malone -and that d-line room would measure up with any in the country.

Again, it's not about 'missing' guys like Vernon BroughtonAlfred Collins or even '21 like Landon Jackson and Jordon Thomas. It's about who you actually sign (and the last two shouldn't be completely ruled out yet, anyway).

I also really love what the Ags could do in a three-class stretch at safety by going Demani RichardsonBrian WilliamsErick YoungAntonio Johnson - plus Leon O'Neal in '18 - and then adding let's say two members out of this year's talented group of targets. It's a list including but not limited to coveted prospects from Pennsylvania (Donovan McMillon), Oklahoma (Kendal Daniels), Florida (Kamren Kinchens) and Louisiana Jardin Gilbert). 

Just something to consider that might help some realize that Jimbo is not only trying to win big as soon as this fall but he's also BUILDING something that is going to last and continue to get better over the next few seasons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

11:11p, 5/21/20 

Staff

AG

The way I see things, winning an SEC title these days and having a real look at taking it a step further and claiming a national championship requires truly elite quarterback play. As we've seen over the past couple of seasons, as the Aggies have beaten the teams they're on equal footing with and lost to the ones that clearly have more talent (there's probably only one exception to be found on each side of things in 26 games under Jimbo Fisher), so stockpiling championship-level talent across the board is the other non-negotiable part of the championship equation in the Southeastern Conference.

The Aggies have been getting it done at most positions over the past two-plus cycles but a couple of spots on the roster stand out, one that's just about 'there' and another that could show a pretty significant swing towards being where Fisher knows it needs to be with just a couple of more '21 additions.

If the Ags can land Reuben FathereeBryce Foster (these are big ifs but also very legitimate possibilities) and add at least one more (perhaps Connor Tollison or another out of stater or late-blooming Texan) your three year cumulative at offensive line would look flat out nasty. We'd be talking about a pair of five-stars in Foster and Kenyon Green, a tackle who was a head-to-head win over LSU and OU and could have chosen to play anywhere in the country in Fatheree, Chris Morris (chose A&M over OU, Bama and Tennessee), Akinola Ogunbiyi (a flip from Georgia's No. 3 class), Trey Zuhn (offers from Ohio State, ND, Michigan and OU) and Matthew Wykoff (chose the Ags over USC, Penn State, Auburn and Texas). Those are just the most highly-rated of the signees and doesn't include other promising signees like Josh Bankhead and Layden Robinson

So you lose out on a few along the way. Guys like Savion ByrdDonovan JacksonChad LindbergSedrick Van Pranand Javonne Shepherd don't end up at A&M. That's fine...as long as you're signing an equally-impressive set of road-graders upfront, which is what the Ags will have done if they close things out with the big dogs.

They're already doing it along the defensive line. DeMarvin LealDonell HarrisBobby Brown (Class of '18 here) and McKinnley Jackson were all five-star talents as far as the likes of Jimbo, Nick Saban and the rest of the college football powers in the South were concerned. Fadil Diggs was the state player of the year in New Jersey and could also have written his own ticket and Derick Hunter was coveted by all of the Florida programs before leaving the state. Again, we're not even including the lower-ranked signees who are already turning heads like Isaiah Raikes and Adarious Jones. Ink a class in '21 featuring one or two more elite signees - DeSoto's Shemar Turner, DC standout Monkell Goodwine or New Jersey five-star Tywone Malone -and that d-line room would measure up with any in the country.

Again, it's not about 'missing' guys like Vernon BroughtonAlfred Collins or even '21 like Landon Jackson and Jordon Thomas. It's about who you actually sign (and the last two shouldn't be completely ruled out yet, anyway).

I also really love what the Ags could do in a three-class stretch at safety by going Demani RichardsonBrian WilliamsErick YoungAntonio Johnson - plus Leon O'Neal in '18 - and then adding let's say two members out of this year's talented group of targets. It's a list including but not limited to coveted prospects from Pennsylvania (Donovan McMillon), Oklahoma (Kendal Daniels), Florida (Kamren Kinchens) and Louisiana Jardin Gilbert). 

Just something to consider that might help some realize that Jimbo is not only trying to win big as soon as this fall but he's also BUILDING something that is going to last and continue to get better over the next few seasons.

First off I find it funny how big a deal they make about Akinola flipping to them from Georgia when he started out as an Aggy commit. Also, Bobby Brown just flat out wasn't a 5* tier prospect. 

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

So is Billy officially throwing in the towel on Landon Jackson??

No.  The Coaching staff will stay on him even if he commits and then Landon Jackson's decision will likely be made at the last second choosing the school he committed to previously over the wonderful relationship he developed with Jimbo who gave him lots to think about.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deech said:

No.  The Coaching staff will stay on him even if he commits and then Landon Jackson's decision will likely be made at the last second choosing the school he committed to previously over the wonderful relationship he developed with Jimbo who gave him lots to think about.

Sick tackling dummy slap

9 hours ago, Getafix said:

image.png

one of the responses:

"No matter how hard Boobie and 24/7 says they can't manipulate the rankings, it's not true. Go look at the formula that is used and the explanation; that will answer the question of how correct the ratings are. The parameters allow the ability to wiggle with a simple change in 1 of the parameters. Yes the data is empirical and can satisfy the equation, but things like motor, being cerebral, fighting through injury, being a leader, and most of all just being a football player aren't used as quantifiable data. In other words, it looks impressive and is sound, but it's just like the NFL Combine you watch; the question should be why does the NFL bother to interview these invitees when that isn't something in 24/7's equation."

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1