Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Time to track those deep aggy pockets ... 

Currently  — 1,200 of the 25k goal 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dixie-chicken-roof-repair?utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

I don't understand the GFM crap.  Did the idiot owner(s) not have insurance?  One would think with all the aggy dominance in insurance salesmen, that would be unpossible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Time to track those deep aggy pockets ... 

Currently  — 1,200 of the 25k goal 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dixie-chicken-roof-repair?utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

That is an unofficial GFM - the organizers haven't even spoken with the Dixie Chicken owners.  Saw a tweet from Dixie Chicken that they will be coming out with an official GoFundMe.

Unfortunately I have spent time at the Chicken - saw a couple of PushMonkey shows there back in the day - so this hits close to home.

Looks like Tommie Robinson is using the "I coached Clyde Edwards-Helaire" with every recruit this cycle. I fondly remember when our new RB coach was using the "I coached Ezekial Elliot" angle. good times. good times. 

Via Allen Trieu (247's Midwest guy) ::

I made a low confidence CB pick for Michigan this morning but I was told by his coaches that A&M has made a big impression recently and is starting to move up with him. "Texas A&M and running backs coach Tommie Robinson has made an impression especially with having coached Clyde Edwards-Helaire."

https://247sports.com/Player/Donovan-Edwards-46054812/

25 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Looks like Tommie Robinson is using the "I coached Clyde Edwards-Helaire" with every recruit this cycle. I fondly remember when our new RB coach was using the "I coached Ezekial Elliot" angle. good times. good times. 

I made a low confidence CB pick for Michigan this morning but I was told by his coaches that A&M has made a big impression recently and is starting to move up with him. "Texas A&M and running backs coach Tommie Robinson has made an impression especially with having coached Clyde Edwards-Helaire."

I thought they were leading for LJ? Are they going to take 3-4 RBs in this class? They already have a shitty one they took to ensure his brother committed, even though their fanbase thinks the brother is useless.

42 minutes ago, golfclap said:

The greater story here is just how fucking sad it is that Michigan can't keep any kid in state. Just pathetic. And I say that fully realizing Tom Herman's failures, but fuck. 

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I thought they were leading for LJ? Are they going to take 3-4 RBs in this class? They already have a shitty one they took to ensure his brother committed, even though their fanbase thinks the brother is useless.

They are leading for LJ. But, I mean, considering their RB room, if they can sign two top 50 players at RB, and one of which is a 5 star in the same class, you fucking do it. I mean, you probably do it if you're anyone, but considering their roster, yeah. Absolutely. 

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

1. they did take 4 in 2018, so the precedent is set. 

2. of course, all 4 of those guys are gone and it's only 2020. 

3. Blumrick was an actual RB option for the bowl so it's pretty fucking dire

4. Hence, their depth chart is WIDE ASS OPEN

5. They've moved Ainias Smith to RB, to help. They recruited Devon Achane at RB, to help. Both of them weigh 11 pounds. 

6. Keeping other RB recruits interested/warm is Robinson's job - it just looks weird because he's not just recruiting 1 guy and being shocked when he signs elsewhere 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The greater story here is just how fucking sad it is that Michigan can't keep any kid in state. Just pathetic. And I say that fully realizing Tom Herman's failures, but fuck. 

They are leading for LJ. But, I mean, considering their RB room, if they can sign two top 50 players at RB, and one of which is a 5 star in the same class, you fucking do it. I mean, you probably do it if you're anyone, but considering their roster, yeah. Absolutely. 

I just don't see either of those RBs choosing to be apart of a 2 rb class at a place that does not have a pedigree of developing multiple NFL backs at the same time. Georgia, maybe. aggy, no. 

I think the noise here is more about aggy pressuring LJ to secure a spot by offering bags to 5* national guys. Considering how he's played his recruitment so far, it's probably not going to work and may drive LJ to swamp aggy or Texas.

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I just don't see either of those RBs choosing to be apart of a 2 rb class at a place that does not have a pedigree of developing multiple NFL backs at the same time. Georgia, maybe. aggy, no. 

I think the noise here is more about aggy pressuring LJ to secure a spot by offering bags to 5* national guys. Considering how he's played his recruitment so far, it's probably not going to work and may drive LJ to swamp aggy or Texas.

I was just pointing out Harbaugh’s ineptitude to keep talent at Michigan. I don’t think aTm lands both those backs. But LJ has no problem taking a bag, and he’s high on aTm. He’s probably going to end up there. Texas is 4th right now. We basically need to go apeshit on the ground this season with multiple backs and have LJ truly be a February signing day kid to have a shot. And even then I don’t like our chances much unless something big changes. As in Ingram going for 1400 and entering the draft and going high kind of change. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was just pointing out Harbaugh’s ineptitude to keep talent at Michigan. I don’t think aTm lands both those backs. But LJ has no problem taking a bag, and he’s high on aTm. He’s probably going to end up there. Texas is 4th right now. We basically need to go apeshit on the ground this season with multiple backs and have LJ truly be a February signing day kid to have a shot. And even then I don’t like our chances much unless something big changes. As in Ingram going for 1400 and entering the draft and going high kind of change. 

Yeah, I've never felt very good about him ending up in the class, but I thought he would end up in BR, not aggy.

I could give a rip about RB this year tbh. 

that's a good get for aggy. His being under-sized doesn't bother me at all, the one pause that I have is that 4.38 shuttle time. that's really fucking bad for a smaller guy, but he clearly can change direction in coverage, so perhaps he's just a really poor tester. 

14 minutes ago, golfclap said:

that's a good get for aggy. His being under-sized doesn't bother me at all, the one pause that I have is that 4.38 shuttle time. that's really fucking bad for a smaller guy, but he clearly can change direction in coverage, so perhaps he's just a really poor tester. 

Roach is adamant that he'll take visits once things open up.  If we land Ibraheem and an OOS guy like Smith or Johnson from Cali. it'll be interesting to see if we still pursue him.

Edit:  He even said in his commitment quotes he plans on taking his OV's in the fall.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

They currently have a composite average below .90 with 9 commits and that ain't gone do it against Bama', LSU, and Auburn.  Other than LJ, I'm not sure which big time get they may land that will get people's attention.  They probably land the OOS mercs of Amari Daniels, Chappell, Robbins, and McMillon, but all of those guys are 3*'s.  I mean, I know all these guys would be top 10 in Texas according to Looch though.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They currently have a composite average below .90 with 9 commits and that ain't gone do it against Bama', LSU, and Auburn.  Other than LJ, I'm not sure which big time get they may land that will get people's attention.  They probably land the OOS mercs of Amari Daniels, Chappell, Robbins, and McMillon, but all of those guys are 3*'s.  I mean, I know all these guys would be top 10 in Texas according to Looch though.

Gonna be looking like a real fool When Vaka sheds 100lbs his senior year and ends up a 5 star

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They have 11 commits for the 2021 class, as Crownover and Phillips are currently being counted in this class as well. 247 needs to up their game as far as counting which prospects are actually in a recruiting class.

Spoiler

Liucci

2:07p 

Staff

AG

The Aggies entered the 2021 recruiting cycle with a couple of glaring needs to fill. Quarterback and cornerback sat at the top of the list, along with offensive line. On Thursday, four-star corner Deuce Harmon made the call in favor of the Maroon & White, meaning the Ags were able to go to state power Denton Guyer to address a need at both QB (longtime commit Eli Stowers) and CB.  

On the radar since his sophomore season, Harmon exploded as a junior, making plays on offense and in the return game during Guyer's 14-2 run to the Class 6A state championship game. However, it was Deuce's work on defense that earned him offers from top-25 programs from every power conference. Over the past two seasons the lockdown corner has picked off five passes, caused three fumbles and recorded just under 100 tackles while pretty much taking away one side of the field for the Wildcats.  

Harmon, who chose the Aggies in an important head-to-head over Texas and was also being heavily pursued by Oregon, USC and Notre Dame, has been a highest-priority target for the Ags dating back nearly a year. The reason? He's arguably the best pure cover man in the Lone Star State in '21 and the Aggies need to sign playmakers with All-SEC talent at what is clearly a need position. 

Putting it simply, the 5-10, 185-pounder plays the position the way it's meant to be played. Harmon is very aggressive, isn't at all afraid to gamble and has an uncoachable knack for finding the football...something he's done 25 times over the past two seasons (20 PBUs and 5 picks). What Deuce lacks in height, he more than makes up for in speed (he's a legit 4.5 guy) and explosive athletic ability, as evidenced by his 40-inch vertical. When it comes to lining up and covering receivers, the reason Harmon is rarely beaten is that you're not going to find a hole in his game. Deuce has fluid hips, outstanding footwork and quickness and can turn and run step for step with receivers down the field. The sturdily-built cover man can also get physical at the point of attack - either when jamming receivers on the line or when fighting for a contested ball - and isn't at all afraid to deliver a big hit. What truly sets him apart, however, is the ability to anticipate and jump routes and attack the quick passing game. Blessed with a natural instinct for things like timing and angles, Harmon simply has a better feel for the game than most, something that is very evident when watching him on film or on Friday nights.

A First-Team All-District selection as a junior and the 6-5A Defensive Newcomer of the Year as a sophomore, Deuce becomes the Ags' ninth commit in the Class of '21 and the first addition for Mike Elko and newly-hired cornerbacks coach T.J. Rushing. This also marks the second time in as many cycles that the Aggies have landed their No. 1 overall target at the position in the state. Harmon's commit gets the ball rolling (in style) at one of the most pressing positions of need for the Maroon & White. By the time Signing Day rolls around, I expect we'll see the Aggies sign three pure corners, perhaps even adding a versatile 'swing DB' and/or tapping into the Junior College ranks for the third consecutive year. With Deuce Harmon having chosen TAMU after a lengthy recruitment, the prospect most likely to join the fold next could be Pennsylvania priority Tyreek Chappell. The Ags have probably been a signee light at the position in each of the past two cycles, a trend that appears likely to end on Signing Day, 2021.

Elko and Rushing are probably as fired up today as Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey were last summer when Harmon's QB chose the Maroon & White about a year ago at this time. Big-time get on the defensive side of the ball and the Ags' third straight pledge from the Lone Star State. Recent momentum is only building - in Texas and beyond - so stay tuned.

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s kinda funny when someone thinks “man, Detroit is the biggest shithole in America.  I can’t wait to get the fuck away from here.  Texas is on the opposite side of the country, sign me up.”

Then, “Howdy!!”

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The Aggies entered the 2021 recruiting cycle with a couple of glaring needs to fill. Quarterback and cornerback sat at the top of the list

Wait, what? Don't they have the most underrated QB in the nation from 2020 and workout warrior, Zach Calzada in the bullpen? How could Looch write such a thing?

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Harmon, who chose the Aggies in an important head-to-head over Texas and was also being heavily pursued by Oregon, USC and Notre Dame, has been a highest-priority target for the Ags dating back nearly a year. The reason? He's arguably the best pure cover man in the Lone Star State in '21

happy antonio banderas GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

Liucci

2:07p 

Staff

AG

The reason? He's arguably the best pure cover man in the Lone Star State in '21 and the Aggies need to sign playmakers with All-SEC talent at what is clearly a need position. 

Sorry about the formatting.

He was "arguably" the #20 CB in the state until he fell to #22. But billy knows his minions won't research and they will simply follow what he says. What a marvelous business he has. A bunch of dipshits giving him money for articles that spew contestant lies he will never get called out for.

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

While not a cube he is not at all the kind of guy that Henson would be looking for on his own. This is another Jimbo move at OL. Why hire these zone blocking guys and hamper them with immovable objects? 

I'll have you know sir that one Billy Liucci says this is one of the biggest gets for Jimbo by gawd Fisher and that the aggy's are acquiring the type of OL talent to win the SEC West, and beating out all the big time programs for these guys.  And Looch will tell you Fatheree is the top OL in the state.