Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

What if Herman just offered Bucky's kid as a big "Fuck You" to the aggies?

Can you just imagine Bucky Fucking Richardson's kid in burnt orange?

I am not sure I'd live through how funny that would be.

I’m not sure I could live through the waste of scholarship that would be. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Weird time to be bitchy, that guy was basically "hi Tarp, would you mind doing this part of your job. Thx!"

I think they were just having fun, with an inside joke of sorts.  

Tarp focuses on games and the current roster, and doesn't get into recruits/recruiting until players are on the roster (or at least commit, I suppose), so I think the guy was just needling him with the request.

The duality of Tarp must be a personal hell. On one side Tarp is actually rational with a reasonable ability to watch film and deconstruct talent and find the flaws within team and program, but on the other side he is an absolute redass ag which normally requires out right rejecting any sort objective preview or unbiased analysis and instead substitute blind faith and acceptance.  

• Like 1

Just now, Not a Sock said:

The duality of Tarp must be a personal hell. On one side Tarp is actually rational with a reasonable ability to watch film and deconstruct talent and find the flaws within team and program, but on the other side he is an absolute redass ag which normally requires out right rejecting any sort objective preview or unbiased analysis and instead substitute blind faith and acceptance.  

The treatment for his redass is the even greater insanity of his subscriber base

46 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Not to mention he despises Texas more than Perroni and Hattersley put together. His post-game tirades after A&M would lose to Texas are the stuff of legend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Not to mention he despises Texas more than Perroni and Hattersley put together. His post-game tirades after A&M would lose to Texas are the stuff of legend.

Offseason, post a few of them for our enjoyment.

19 hours ago, Orange&White said:

What if Herman just offered Bucky's kid as a big "Fuck You" to the aggies?

Can you just imagine Bucky Fucking Richardson's kid in burnt orange?

I am not sure I'd live through how funny that would be.

TBH, the fact Jimbo hasn't offered the kid yet is a big F-U to Richardson family. The kid is actually good. Quick, fast, great hands, smart, hard working. His recruiting has just started to take off, don't know why it took so long. He's been a standout varsity player since his freshman year.

He put up 224 all purpose yards against Katy in playoffs last year when Ridge Point almost knocked them off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

TBH, the fact Jimbo hasn't offered the kid yet is a big F-U to Richardson family. The kid is actually good. Quick, fast, great hands, smart, hard working. His recruiting has just started to take off, don't know why it took so long. He's been a standout varsity player since his freshman year.

He put up 224 all purpose yards against Katy in playoffs last year when Ridge Point almost knocked them off.

Counterpoint: I’m not user I’ve ever seen a human being with eyes *that* close together. Which, clearly, means he belongs in college station so yeah you’ve brought me around to your point. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: I’m not user I’ve ever seen a human being with eyes *that* close together. Which, clearly, means he belongs in college station so yeah you’ve brought me around to your point. 

I've noticed a trend in your recent posts where the grammatical mistakes are words that sound like other words (user = too sure). 

This means that Sid is wandering around muttering Surly posts into his phone using voice to text. Your degeneracy is commendable.

"Counterpoint SEMICOLON I'm nadooshur  I've ever seen a human being with eyes ASTERISK that ASTERISK close together period which comma clearly comma means he belongs in college station so yeah you've brought me around to your point period"

Ramblings of a crazy person

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I've noticed a trend in your recent posts where the grammatical mistakes are words that sound like other words (user = too sure). 

This means that Sid is wandering around muttering Surly posts into his phone using voice to text. Your degeneracy is commendable.

"Counterpoint SEMICOLON I'm nadooshur  I've ever seen a human being with eyes ASTERISK that ASTERISK close together period which comma clearly comma means he belongs in college station so yeah you've brought me around to your point period"

Lol. It’s all phone typos and autocorrect garbage. I do hate proof reading. The asterisks specifically is a habit from other program applications where it italicizes the word.

Not to say I’m not crazy.  

40 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The asterisks are markdown's formatting for italics. My guess is Sydney frequently uses Github/Reddit/StackOverflow, or a combination of the three.

Spoiler

Liucci

1:07a, 6/3/20 

Staff

AG

Here's your 'Championship Recruiting 101' discussion for this week, my friends:

Last February, Jimbo Fisher signed the nation's No. 6-ranked class and the 13-man defensive haul was one of the best I've seen A&M sign since perhaps R.C. Slocum's Class of '97 or '99.

DE - Donell Harris, Fadil Diggs, Braedon Mowry
DT - McKinnley Jackson, Isaiah Raikes, Dallas Walker
LB - Antonio Doyle, Edgerrin Cooper, Kenneth Phillips
CB - Jaylon Jones, Joshuah Moten, Brian George (JUCO)
S - Antonio Johnson

While the Ags only have four defenders currently committed in 2021, things are beginning to really take shape in terms of Fisher and Mike Elko's list of targets and potential signees. Here's a quick look at the current most likely possibilities:

DL - Jahzion Harris and Victory Vaka plus probably three out of a group featuring Shemar Turner, Albert Regis, Tunmise Adeleye, Taleeq Robbins, Tywone Malone, Landon Jackson, Leonard Taylor and Monkell Goodwine

LB - Kaci Seegars plus possibly Terrence Cooks or Kendrick Blackshire

CB - Deuce Harmon plus two out of Tyreek Chappell, MJ Daniels, Dreyden Norwood, Isaiah Johnson and, of course, Tony Grimes (the Ags could also go the JC route here if need be)

S - Two out of Donovan McMillon, Kendal Daniels, Kameron Kinchens, Terrian Arnold, Jardin Gilbert

That's a total of at least 11 and then either a second linebacker if you get the right one or one spot to take either a sixth defensive lineman or defensive back, one who would probably be a swing guy who could line up at either corner or safety.

Combine that potential group (assemble it almost however you'd like) with the 2020 group and mix in the guys from the Class of '19 who will still have two years of eligibility left AFTER this season. Those names include DeMarvin Leal, Demani Richardson, Erick Young, Andre White, Brian Williams, Derick Hunter, Adarious Jones, Chris Russell, RJ Orebo, KeShun Brown and Tarian Lee.

Now go put together that two-deep in 2021 and beyond and take a look at your top 22 and how highly-regarded that group would be, either in terms of 'star rankings' or, more importantly, how coveted they were by not only the A&M staff but by teams around the country. You know, those high-profile recruiting wins we always want to see Fisher and the Aggies winning.

It's just like I was saying last week in regards to both lines of scrimmage. This, Ags, is what SEC Championship level recruiting looks like. A lot of work still to do in this class to finish things out but all of those names gives you a pretty good indication that Elko and the Aggies will close things out in style yet again.

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The asterisks are markdown's formatting for italics. My guess is Sydney frequently uses Github/Reddit/StackOverflow, or a combination of the three.

None of the above actually. I can't stand reddit's formatting so I don't spend much time there at all unless linked, and I'm about as close to a web developer as Norla is to sobriety. Discord, however, does the italics thing :)

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Lol. A bad eval, a Longhorn, and a DE.

Kendrick Blackshire will not be committing to Texas A&M as long as he has a real offer to LSU or Alabama.

And probably half of those listed as options on the DL are a similar story. 

16 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

S - Two out of Donovan McMillon, Kendal Daniels, Kameron Kinchens, Terrian Arnold, Jardin Gilbert

They're not getting a single one of those guys, outside of maybe McMillon who is, OU's backup plan to Daniels. The only way they get any of them is if their first and second option decides not to take them. FFS Terrion Arnold basically lived with Jimbo and they are running a distant 4th in that recruitment. I guess I could see Kinchens but Auburn seems to be upping their interest. Maybe they hold the rope and Arnold flakes his way out of a spot and has to go aggy in the end like a more athletic, less cancerous Leon O'Neal? 

I'd look for a "fast rising" SR S from the NE corridor to get a spot or maybe they swallow that bitter pill and get in on an in-state guy like Jaylen Lane. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Adeleye and some other guys

EZmtK6PXsAANLII?format=jpg&name=360x360EZmtLtWWkAAqU2t?format=png&name=360x360

Reveal hidden contents

EZmtLT3XYAYEo53?format=jpg&name=360x360EZmtMGkXYAAdIVJ?format=png&name=360x360

Wow. Not only did he list a 3 man DL class of “5-stars” they will never land, but he also acknowledges they’re not even rated as 5 stars. 

Thinking about the level of stupidity it takes to be an optimistic aggy fan makes my head hurt. 

• Like 2

247 is dogshit with Tunmise and Malone

had to go look them up to compare vs. the vast anti-aggy conspiracy...  

247 has Malone as a 93 overall and the number 1 player in NJ (almost identical in every way to ESPN and Rivals). Those bastards. 

247 has Tumise as a 94 and 9th in FL. ESPN also has him 9th in FL. Rivals has him as 5 star, but that was when Ferrell was thinking that he may go to OU. I'd look for that one to fade over the year. also trimming down to 235 pounds and being unwilling to play inside at all his longterm upside has shrunk considerably. I could see tOSU cut him loose by the end of summer. 

• Like 1

Yes - I'm sure all of these parents (most of whom are in their 30's and people of color) can't wait to have a friendship with this racist 70yr old trinket sales(wo)man.  I'm sure its completely coincidental that she just happens to meet and exchange contact information with all of these parents of top high school athletes.

Maybe they're all just really interested in having nugget sauce holders with their corporate logo on it.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Oh Fong, so full of shit. aggy has fucking 52 WR offers out rn, and Brinson is one of the guys that they have clearly put the most work in on. 

RiverRat97 epitomizing aggy once again. Magnificent. 

Fong-Romello.png

You know what they say about aggy, idiocy is bliss. 

59 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Oh Fong, so full of shit. aggy has fucking 52 WR offers out rn, and Brinson is one of the guys that they have clearly put the most work in on. 

RiverRat97 epitomizing aggy once again. Magnificent. 

Fong-Romello.png

they ran out of 4* recruits that are sec gud

• Like 1

Bud Elliot - national 247 guy (formerly a Nole writer) take a giant dump on Fisher and pisses off aggy ::

Can Texas A&M's offense score vs. top defenses pre-garbage time?

As part of 247Sports Next Step series, we are examining what needs to happen for a team, player, program, or coach to take the next step.

Texas A&M is one of the hottest teams of the offseason. Coach Jimbo Fisher is one of only six active head coaches with a national title. And the Aggies have been recruiting very well. And they have 19 returning starters including QB Kellen Mond. With all those returning starters, A&M seems well equipped to weather the quarantine offseason and make a run at the SEC crown and perhaps the College Football Playoff.

However, the Aggies have a huge glaring issue: Their offense was not competitive in games against elite teams.

Looking at games against Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and LSU reveal a troubling pattern. Texas A&M is an offense that relies on the short pass to move the football and control the game. It is designed to have an answer against any defense. However, it also does not create a lot of free runners or wide-open receivers. Thus, to create explosive plays, reads must be made quickly and passes must be completed in-stride. If they are not, it can lead to a lack of explosiveness, which was an issue for the A&M passing game in 2019.

The elite defenses did not fear the explosive pass play from the Aggies and were able to squat on the short throws until the game was no longer in the balance.

The data is pretty stark. A&M’s offense was brutal when defenses were playing straight up, and very good once the game was in hand, with the opposition playing soft coverage, inserting reserves into the lineup, or etc.

Against Clemson, the Aggie offense did nothing in allowing the Tigers to jump out to a 24-3 lead. It went just 129 yards on 43 plays (3.0 YPPP). But once Clemson started to allow short passes in trying to protect its lead, the Aggies went 160 yards on 26 plays (6.2 YPP).

A&M’s offense was also inept against Auburn until the Tigers started playing off to protect a big lead. In allowing Auburn to jump out to a 21-3 lead, A&M racked up just 156 yards on 42 plays (3.7/play). But it scored 17 points over its final three drives, going 235 yards on 28 plays (8.4/play).

Alabama was the best game against an elite opponent for the A&M offense, but the pattern holds up here as well. Alabama amassed a 47-20 lead before it really called off the dogs. Up until that point, A&M had gained 279 yards on 56 plays (5.0 YPP), and after it racked up 110 yards on 14 plays (7.9 YPP).

Playing at Georgia, A&M’s offense did absolutely nothing in allowing Georgia to amass a 19-6 lead. The Aggies ran 46 play for 152 yards (3.3 YPP) up until that point. After Georgia played off and conceded the short pass, Texas A&M ripped off 122 yards on 16 plays (7.6 YPP). A&M’s yards/play more than doubled once garbage time hit.

Against LSU, Texas A&M ran 26 plays for 24 yards before LSU took a 31-0 lead to halftime. After the half, A&M ran 34 plays for 145 yards. Neither are good, but A&M had more than 4X the yards/play in garbage time than it did when LSU was keeping its foot on the gas.

It should be noted that these teams Texas A&M faced were truly elite. But the numbers before and after opposing defenses started to play prevent-ish coverage and rotate in backups speak to an offense that was a long way from being competitive against elite teams. A&M averaged 3.5 yards/play in those games when the result was still in question.

If Texas A&M is going to have a real shot to win the SEC West, it has to find a way to create more explosive pass plays down the field, especially because defenses don't seem to fear the deep ball and are smothering the short passing game.

One key to that might be a better running game which, in theory, could make the play-action pass more effective. But Texas A&M already had a very effective run game, rating 9th in SP+ rushing offense.

So the answer needs to come from the passing game. If Mond does not get through his progressions quickly enough to hit receivers in stride, perhaps the scheme could purposefully add in more shot plays to try to create wide-open looks for Mond.

At receiver, A&M loses Quartney Davis and Kendrick Rogers, who combined for 84 catches for 967 yards and six touchdowns. But the pair might not be that big of a loss, considering the pair also combined for 79 incompletions on throws going their way. That’s not all their fault, of course, with a good bit coming due to Mond’s throws.

I expect that thread to really deliver over the next couple of hours ... 

sign language overdose GIF by Sign with Robert

• Like 7

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

At receiver, A&M loses Quartney Davis and Kendrick Rogers, who combined for 84 catches for 967 yards and six touchdowns. But the pair might not be that big of a loss, considering the pair also combined for 79 incompletions on throws going their way. That’s not all their fault, of course, with a good bit coming due to Mond’s throws.

😂

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

All the posts on that thread are VIP, but it has a ton of downvotes.

it's just FSU and aggy fans bitching at each other about which is the more pitiful program right now. sad that they opened it to other boards.