Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

7 hours ago, Shaddie said:

The “playbook” is simple. 

What takes lots of practice is the 2-4 options almost all routes have based on d alignment. You have to practice so receivers, qb’s and coaches all see the same thing. Then take into account either coaches or qb changing up play at los. 

So...advantage defense?

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Speaking of CTJ...did the rona get him or has he been banished to somewhere between dimensions like machinator 

He’s alive and irritating. I think the stagnant nature of recruiting and football and him having a lot of other issues just has him focused on other things. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Speaking of CTJ...did the rona get him or has he been banished to somewhere between dimensions like machinator 

He was posting in the Daily Texan forum not to long ago in the Corona thread.  That forum is close to the CR so hopefully he didn't accidentally click on it and get engulfed in that cesspool of a forum.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

3 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Never mind. I just got doxxed on ND but fuck them and fuck my shithead neighbors.

Finally got caught Porky Piggin’ it around the neighborhood, huh? Can’t go to the well too many times these days. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

How do you get doxxed on Nextdoor?  Doesn’t it use your real name and address?

Probably was something like “Shut up Jeff. Or do you prefer Gardner Barnes like on that disgusting site Surlyhorns.”

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Couple aggy players got the covid

Spoiler

Liucci

9:21a 

Staff

AG

Just to follow up on that with a little more of what I know, Based in what I was told last week, there were four TOTAL. That includes somewhere between 600 and 800 total tests so far, the entire football staff and support staff, the rest of the athletic department and all returning sports. A&M is doing a LOT of testing, more than what I'm reading is going on in most places.

Even Jimbo is wearing a mask and to even enter the building, players and staff are getting their temps taken and filling out some paperwork with contact tracing in case it's necessary. In the weight room, they are working out no more than 10 I believe in the complex at a time and each player at their own station. Stations are cleaned thoroughly after each group and then the entire facility is, for lack of a better word, bombed every night.

I just wonder how any of these measures can continue to be effective once actual football practice begins, which is why I do think returning this early and not waiting around like the Big 12 is important. You get the team together sooner and learn how to beat manage the inevitable positive cases and things like contact tracing, isolation, quarantine, recovery time and the like.

A&M is doing this right. 

17 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

9:21a 

Staff

AG

Just to follow up on that with a little more of what I know, Based in what I was told last week, there were four TOTAL. That includes somewhere between 600 and 800 total tests so far, the entire football staff and support staff, the rest of the athletic department and all returning sports. A&M is doing a LOT of testing, more than what I'm reading is going on in most places.

Even Jimbo is wearing a mask and to even enter the building, players and staff are getting their temps taken and filling out some paperwork with contact tracing in case it's necessary. In the weight room, they are working out no more than 10 I believe in the complex at a time and each player at their own station. Stations are cleaned thoroughly after each group and then the entire facility is, for lack of a better word, bombed every night.

I just wonder how any of these measures can continue to be effective once actual football practice begins, which is why I do think returning this early and not waiting around like the Big 12 is important. You get the team together sooner and learn how to beat manage the inevitable positive cases and things like contact tracing, isolation, quarantine, recovery time and the like.

A&M is doing this right. 

Lol these sheepfucking clowns act like getting the team together earlier is the right and noble thing to do.  They can really convince themselves of anything.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol these sheepfucking clowns act like getting the team together earlier is the right and noble thing to do.  They can really convince themselves of anything.  

The Big 12 caved to Riley who doesn't want the new Texas and Baylor coaching staffs to have time tom implement their schemes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

The Big 12 caved to Riley who doesn't want the new Texas and Baylor coaching staffs to have time tom implement their schemes.

Yeah maybe, or they could’ve listened to doctors/scientists.  I know that’s laughable with OU’s pedigree but Texas has some fairly bright people down in Austin, or so I’ve heard...

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah maybe, or they could’ve listened to doctors/scientists.  I know that’s laughable with OU’s pedigree but Texas has some fairly bright people down in Austin, or so I’ve heard...

The entire Big 12 wanted to start on the 1st, OU wanted to start June 15th.

46 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m really not saying you’re wrong, I’m saying there’s a chance they listened to OU based on the actual science.  

From Oklahoma? So do we have to teach creationism too now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, let's put everyone in close proximity to each other doing athletics and figure out how to deal with the super infectious, global pandemic as we go along. That's something you can just figure out on the fly... We don't need a plan... we'll just wing it.  The B12 doesn't have the balls to do that.

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Eleven?

Sunday night cap got me.  

8 hours ago, Goodman said:

I thought it was science and not a dumbass idea?

Yeah.  I choose to believe the league listened to OU because there was some solid medical/scientific proof behind their idea.  Not football strategy.  I think I know a bit more than you on the subject too.  Just a guess.  
OU definitely needs shenanigans to win this shitty league though.  They’d definitely be more worried about Texas and Baylor starting early on their offense vs SEC kicking their ass again. Yep. 

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

OU definitely needs shenanigans to win this shitty league though.  They’d definitely be more worried about Texas and Baylor starting early on their offense vs SEC kicking their ass again. Yep. 

While that stings and is hard to argue, you also have to remember OU are shitheads to the core, who will cheat and take every advantage to win. Have to have a “university the football team would be proud of” and whatnot.  

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

While that stings and is hard to argue, you also have to remember OU are shitheads to the core, who will cheat and take every advantage to win. Have to have a “university the football team would be proud of” and whatnot.  

Yep.  I conceded the whole OU picked that date for whatever nefarious reason anyone wants to believe.  But no way I see the Conference agreeing unless they saw other valid reasons - not ‘let’s give OU an advantage to win the conference and leave them short handed vs the SEC so it’s another embarrassment’.  I’m under no illusion that OU football is some white knight trying to save everyone.  

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Sunday night cap got me.  

Yeah.  I choose to believe the league listened to OU because there was some solid medical/scientific proof behind their idea.  Not football strategy.  I think I know a bit more than you on the subject too.  Just a guess.  

Please put on your face paint & share the great scientific knowledge that states a two week delay will allow retards like you the time needed for a cure.

Jesus people. The OU conspiracy theories here are reminding me of all the shit Nebraska and every other fucking shit school heaped on UT's lap as an excuse to leave the conference. It would also be more plausible if Riley hadn't been beating the drum about the virus and distancing and safety since about the time when much of America thought it was a hoax. He's been pretty clear on his stance since April.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus people. The OU conspiracy theories here are reminding me of all the shit Nebraska and every other fucking shit school heaped on UT's lap as an excuse to leave the conference. It would also be more plausible if Riley hadn't been beating the drum about the virus and distancing and safety since about the time when much of America thought it was a hoax. He's been pretty clear on his stance since April.  

You'd have a point if the medical advice and scientific research had been more right than wrong in everything having to do with Covid so far.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You'd have a point if the medical advice and scientific research had been more right than wrong in everything having to do with Covid so far.

I mean, I see what you're saying, but at the same time, all that matters is that Riley's stance has been unchanged. I find it pretty unlikely he's been banging the same drum since April because he said "You know, if I play this right, Texas won't be able to install their offense." Saying that's a stretch is like saying the Grand Canyon is a bit of a ravine. He'd have to have correctly anticipated to actions of the president, governors, local mayors, and have handicapped how the disease would or wouldn't spread or behave ahead of everyone else correctly. Occam's Razor says the guy literally just thinks the virus is bad news and is pushing things back as much as possible because that's what he believes regardless of science and evidence changing over time. So basically, like damn near 75% of Americans to begin with...but that's just my opinion. 

• Like 3