Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Calzada retweeed Mond with his affirmation of support. King hasn't tweeted since April. Guess we know who the QB of the Future is for the TexAgs crowd.

Not surprising that King wouldn’t have their backs. I’ve heard King’s teammates referred to him as a cancer. Well not so much his teammates as a team of doctors. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Best for last:

Gee, do you all think other schools might negatively recruit them for this stuff?  Maybe a few TexAgs posts on the issue tossed in there for variety?

How long until Karen makes it into a #RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike post

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Texags is handling it well

255a881c22fb677dce8612fd74ee9d15.jpg

I can't believe the blatant racism that is showing up on Texags.   They keep deleting it but a lot of it is coming from people with AgTags. What a terrible look for a university.  I always knew that there was a lot of racism there but this has really exposed it to the light. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I can't believe the blatant racism that is showing up on Texags.   They keep deleting it but a lot of it is coming from people with AgTags. What a terrible look for a university.  I always knew that there was a lot of racism there but this has really exposed it to the light. 

Don’t worry almost no one is seeing it except the other racists. If only fat Patterson hated them as much as us he’d be handing out binders of screenshots. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He grew up an aggy fan and hasn't shown any interest in UT. I think the best we can hope for is Davis selling him on Auburn.

That and he probably outgrows WR... have you seen him?  He looks bigger than most RB recruits already.

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In addition to the KKK Sul Ross statue, I'd love to see Mond petition changing the name of the 'Dixie Chicken' next.  For the lulz.

• Like 2

Shadrach Banks update from HammLite :: 

He took A&M off his Twitter bio, so some of you were wondering what that meant. I actually just spoke to him for a good bit and the Twitter bio is just something he changes a lot. He wanted it minimal, but A&M is still on his Instagram.

Banks wanted to be quoted: "I'm locked in. I'm 100 percent to A&M."

He does admit that he was worried that he could be moved to linebacker, so that was giving him pause, but he spoke with the coaches and they reaffirmed that they love him at wide receiver. That helped solidify him.

Because he basically was not able to play for close to a year with the two different injuries, he had gotten up to 230. While he still was in shape at that weight, he has shown that he wants to stay at receiver and has lost 15 pounds since he was fully cleared. He's down to 215 and still losing. He also expects to be quicker than ever by the start of the season. He's excited about the game that was just scheduled this week as North Shore will open against Shadow Creek. He is expecting a big senior season for himself and to show everyone that he is the player he was and more from his sophomore year.

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

He took A&M off his Twitter bio, so some of you were wondering what that meant. I actually just spoke to him for a good bit and the Twitter bio is just something he changes a lot. He wanted it minimal, but A&M is still on his Instagram.

He does admit that he was worried that he could be moved to linebacker, so that was giving him pause, but he spoke with the coaches and they reaffirmed that they love him at wide receiver. That helped solidify him.

Because he basically was not able to play for close to a year with the two different injuries, he had gotten up to 230. While he still was in shape at that weight, he has shown that he wants to stay at receiver and has lost 15 pounds since he was fully cleared. He's down to 215 and still losing. He also expects to be quicker than ever by the start of the season. He's excited about the game that was just scheduled this week as North Shore will open against Shadow Creek. He is expecting a big senior season for himself and to show everyone that he is the player he was and more from his sophomore year.

This reads exactly like when Creed Humphrey took "aggy commit" off his twitter and Hamm hit him up and told them "all is good".

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Delusion, delusion, delusion, delusion...

10 hours ago, golfclap said:

Translation: He’ll be a LB by Spring 2021. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, golfclap said:

does admit that he was worried that he could be moved to linebacker, so that was giving him pause, but he spoke with the coaches and they reaffirmed that they love him at wide receiver. That helped solidify him.

A&M telling a player they can stay at whatever position they want to keep/get a player

That has worked out so well for the past 5 guys that had to move positions after getting to campus 

Aaron Hansford - TE to LB

Eric Young - CB to S

Bobby Brown - RB to DT

DeMarvion Leal - DE to DT (I mean the DE is a DT in their defense)

Jaylon Jones - CB to S

Devon Achone - “APB”

the list goes on 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 3

I hadn't seen this delightful additional HammLite quote ::

I’m going to get with Banks but, I continue to be told by a lot of people that it would be shocking if he didn’t end up at A&M. Even though he and Dematrius Davis are inseparable, people still expect him to stick with the Aggies and not switch to Auburn

(Brian Perroni) VIP Intel: The latest on Texas A&M and five-star CB Tony Grimes

I have talked to a few people lately about him and am also supposed to speak with him later today. But here are some things I have gathered from putting the pieces together from multiple places.

- There was talk about Grimes potentially graduating early and re-classifying. It turns out that is still a possibility, but not likely. There was talk in Virginia about possibly not having a high school football season this year. If that were the case, Grimes is very close to already having all the credits needed to graduate, so he would have just decided to reclassify and head to college a year early. However, in the past week or so, the state has said it plans to play the season.

- Grimes was definitely close to Maurice Linguist and it was tough on him when the Aggie CB coach left for the NFL. However, he has started to build a very strong relationship with TJ Rushing. Though they have not met in person yet, I've been told that the two talk all the time. He is one of the coaches that Grimes talks to the most frequently of any school.

- Elijah Robinson is also very involved here, as Grimes is in his region. Robinson is a guy that family likes and he has been persistent with communication as well.

- Jimbo Fisher is also very involved in this one as well, as people would expect. Fisher very much wants the five-star in Aggieland and he has let it be known.

- A&M is very much in it. This is just me reading the tea leaves a bit and not something I have been specifically told, but I think there is still some ground to make up, though. However, all of the A&M coaches are doing pretty much everything they can. They really need there to be official, or at least unofficial visits, allowed sometime soon, though, so Grimes can get in town one more time and also meet Rushing and some of the others in person.

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This guy appears to believe that in order to rank the top 247 you watch 247 kids and just rank them relative to each other?

I think what he is referring to is #1. 

(And #2 seems to be a recently implemented change ... not certain, but I think so.)

#1).  In  the past, Perroni and other have said that 247 only cared about rank ordering the top 247 players.  For players outside the Top 247, their ranking was essentially randomly assigned.  

I would assume those who came close to being included in the Top 247 - or those who had just fallen out of it - were left close to the Top 247, but his point was there really wasn't an implied difference between say someone ranked #450 and someone else ranked #750.

#2).  Now, it appears that they are doing things differently (and addressing some part of the problem).  recruits (even outside the Top 247) are still assigned an integer rating.  Say an 84.  Within that rating (so say the 100 recruits with that 84 rating) there is no order, but they are all superior to those with an 83.  

(I *THINK* this was a relatively recent change, because for recruits outside the Top247, under history, you only see rating changes, if applicable.)