Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

EbzQPL0WAAAlYEs?format=jpg&name=360x360EbzQPXIWoAEihUO?format=jpg&name=360x360

Jimbo is every bit the recruiter except for the part where he can't buy a class at aggy comparable to Mack's class at a basketball school.

Being in retirement vs. coming out of retirement I guess

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz. The form on that first one is so bad. No breaking down, turns parallel with the LOS. He wouldn’t have had a chance even at making that tackle even if he was fast enough to beat @SydneyCarton in a foot race.

The third one is great too. I don’t care if the gif makes it look like there’s grass under his feet, that was absolutely a video of a man trying to run in quick sand. 

I’m still waiting for him and CTJ to accept my challenge.

Fat Hamm

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

By Ryan Brauninger

July 1, 2020

Tweet

Key notes from Recruiting Country

Houston is shut down. I'm out until July 13. I went to a camp last week, but that might be my last recruiting trip for a while. A mask was required at the camp for players, trainers and media. Players wore masks to get into the building. Some of them started wearing a mask but took them off as the camp went on.

Looking forward to Tyreek Chappell's decision on July 4, it will happen at 8:30 p.m., so when you're getting ready to pop your fireworks, A&M might also be popping some fireworks. That's the big one to watch for here.

I know that A&M has worked on Donovan McMillon‍ (pictured above)‍, but I expect him to commit him to Florida. He has family ties to Florida that have helped him out a lot there. I wouldn't be shocked if A&M got him on campus for an official visit, though. Elko is as good a recruiter as any, but I'm not sure A&M will be able to sell on-field success against them. If he does commit to Florida, it would not be an easy flip.

Chappell's commitment would help a lot with Taleeq Robbins‍. He could be a big shot in the arm for one of those interior defensive line spots. He might even be able to play both inside and outside. He's a very talented guy.

I'm thinking Albert Regis‍ will be an interior defensive lineman, but I need to see him before I'm solid on that.

A&M is battling Michigan for Chappell. Along with the in-state school, Penn State; those are his final three schools.

Turn on the tape for Chappell and tell me he's only a three-star prospect. You can't. He has the skills, and he does it all at a high level. He doesn't have defensive highlights, but you can see what you're looking for in his offensive highlights.

You saw that John Chavis looked for a particular body type in defensive backs. You're seeing now that Elko and this staff put more of an emphasis on speed and if you can cover. That's what you've seen them take with Deuce Harmon‍,‍ and that's what they're after here with Tyreek Chappell.

Kaci Seegars‍ is the most undervalued commit. Look at his tape and tell me it's not elite linebacker tape. I watched it and was like, "Whoa. I can see why A&M wants to take this kid." He would've improved his stock a ton throughout the summer if he had the opportunity. His physicality and ability to move would've been on display in all of these camps. If he's the only linebacker that comes in during this class, that should tell you what Tyler Santucci, Mike Elko and Jimbo Fisher think about Kaci Seegars.

A&M is not hurting on facilities since they've moved to the SEC. They are right up there with the best nationally. The campus energy with people on for game days it is much different. The campus is pretty nice and has plenty of new buildings. A&M is not going to take a backseat to anybody with attractiveness in the football facilities and the athletic facilities. They also talk a lot about the Aggie Network with recruits and the impact that has.

A&M is making moves with Dreyden Norwood‍. He's a corner from Arkansas and is arguably the best player in that state. They'll have to battle Arkansas and then Oklahoma for him. If A&M lands Chappell, they'll likely take one or two more. If they have to land one of Norwood, MJ Daniels‍ , and De'Jahn Warren, then you'll feel a lot better about where they stand in the defensive backfield.

Bryce Foster‍ is struggling with his decision. He's a phenomenal kid from a phenomenal family. He wants to make everyone happy, and he knows he's going to make a decision that will disappoint two of the schools in his top three. He doesn't want to do that. He's a happy-go-lucky kind of kid. He was sick and couldn't work out for a while, but he's back throwing the shot and the disc, which he loves to do. This decision is really eating at him. I think he'll stick with his early signing day decision as long as that early signing day opportunity is still there, assuming the NCAA doesn't take it away

Lol, the best that even TexAgs can do on campus attractiveness is "pretty nice"

A&M is not hurting on facilities since they've moved to the SEC. They are right up there with the best nationally. The campus energy with people on for game days it is much different. The campus is pretty nice and has plenty of new buildings. A&M is not going to take a backseat to anybody with attractiveness in the football facilities and the athletic facilities. They also talk a lot about the Aggie Network with recruits and the impact that has.

32 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Mack is desperately trying to show the country and all of you $200 Longhorn donors that you were wrong about him that you made a mistake in firing him. It's just icing on the cake that it happens to be at the expense of aggies again.

The sad reality is that he will never acknowledge that he fucking quit trying and rested on his laurels in about 2008, and if he would have had this same intensity from 2006 onward, he'd have a hell of a lot more to show for it and he wouldn't need be trying to re-prove himself.

{At the expense of turning the recruiting thread into a mack brown thread) He may have slipped some on intensity, but IMO his failure was more about trying to transition from a spread out qb running offense to a slow developing pro style run based offense with spread athletes and lineman.  Had Mack stepped down after losing to Alabama in Pasadena, Will Muschamp would have taken over and in an alternate universe Will Muschamp very likely has Nick Saban like success at Texas.

40 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

{At the expense of turning the recruiting thread into a mack brown thread) He may have slipped some on intensity, but IMO his failure was more about trying to transition from a spread out qb running offense to a slow developing pro style run based offense with spread athletes and lineman.  Had Mack stepped down after losing to Alabama in Pasadena, Will Muschamp would have taken over and in an alternate universe Will Muschamp very likely has Nick Saban like success at Texas.

Given his multiple failures as a head coach elsewhere, what do you base this on?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

Given his multiple failures as a head coach elsewhere, what do you base this on?

Yeah, Muschamp's choices at OC have doomed him in almost every season. It's like he learned nothing watching Stoops transition from the SEC to the Big 12. He ushered in the HUNH as a defensive guy. Of course, he probably learned a lot watching Spurrier's Fun and Gun. Not too mention Muschamp was an average recruiter and evaluator.

He was successful here because he had a boatload of talent along the DL and in the secondary, and pretty good college LBs in Muckelroy, Robinson, and Acho.

Edited by HtownHorn

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s an interesting theory Mrs. Muschamp. 

haha.  Should have gone with "sounds like something Will Muschamp would say"

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

Texas was in a really good spot in 2010 and we could have had our pick of the litter from around the country recruiting wise.  Do you think what Muschamp inherited a FL or USC program that was equivalent to Texas at that time?  Frankly I think Garrett Gilbert would have excelled had we used him like we intended to prior to McCoy's stinger. His success at SMU and ultimately a superbowl ring seem to confirm that.  Our game plan and play calls were dogshit after that loss in the Rose Bowl and I think with that momentum Will would have been successful here had he been given the opportunity.

To be honest, I wanted Will Muschamp to get fired from USC last year so that we could have replaced Orlando with him instead of Ash.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

The Seegars take was actually good and cool

Eb3JROlWkAAc2Hx?format=jpg&name=360x360

The only thing that could make this better is if aggy works themselves up about the greatness of the Seegars eval for the next four months and then Mack swoops in right at signing day and snags him, leaving aggy with a big ole goose egg at LB.

But Mack won’t, because he’ll get better linebackers. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Lol, the best that even TexAgs can do on campus attractiveness is "pretty nice"

3 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Fat Hamm

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

By Ryan Brauninger

July 1, 2020

Tweet

Key notes from Recruiting Country

They also talk a lot about the Aggie Network with recruits and the impact that has.

"Why yes young cletus, with our expansive aggy network we can pull strings and get you a job at any Walmart or Circle K in the world, why we could more than likely get you a custodial engineer job for any city or county in the state".

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

"Why yes young cletus, with our expansive aggy network we can pull strings and get you a job at any Walmart or Circle K in the world, why we could more than likely get you a custodial engineer job for any city or county in the state".

Those boots in that expansive aggy network aren't going to shine themselves.  

• Haha 1

Bahahahahahaha

The university, head coach and NCAA enforcement staff agreed that the head coach and an assistant coach had impermissible recruiting contact with a prospect at his high school. The conversation was impermissible because it occurred before the completion of the prospect’s junior year in high school.

Regarding the countable athletically related activity violations, during permissible weeks of spring and summer activity, the football program unintentionally caused student-athletes to exceed activity time limits by approximately seven hours.

The university, head coach and the enforcement staff used ranges identified by the Division I membership-approved penalty guidelines for Level II-mitigated penalties agreed upon for the university and assistant coach and Level II-standard penalties for the head coach. Those and other penalties, approved by the Committee on Infractions, are detailed below:

• One years of probation.
  • A fine of $5,000.
  • A reduction in football official visits by 17 days during the 2019-20 academic year.
  • An off-campus recruiting ban for the entire football coaching staff for November 2019, which reduced the permissible evaluation days for the 2019-20 academic year by 19.
  • A seven-day off-campus recruiting ban for the football coaching staff for the 2020 spring off-campus recruiting period and a 10-day off-campus recruiting ban for the football coaching staff for the 2020 fall off-campus recruiting period.
  • The university ended its recruitment of the prospect.
  • A ban on recruiting any prospects from the prospect's high school for the 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-222 academic years.
  • A six-month show-cause order for the head coach. The terms of the show-cause order include a previously served nine-day ban on phone calls, emails or texts with prospects in January 2020; a reduction in off-campus recruiting contact days by three for the December 2019 through January 2020 contact period; a ban on all off-campus recruiting activities for the fall 2020 contact period; additional one-on-one rules education; and a public statement from the head coach addressing the violations.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

HammLite ::

A&M had to go all of this past November without the coaches being able to leave campus to recruit. There will be another 10 days they can't go off-campus this fall. There was a $5,000 fine and one-year probation (that part is meaningless unless they break another rule).

Jimbo Fisher and whichever assistant it was have six-month 'show cause' orders, but that is meaningless as well as they already have jobs.

A&M can't recruit the high school for two more years. We are working to figure out which prospect/school it was.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/texas-am-football-program-violated-ncaa-rules 

Edited by golfclap

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

A ban on recruiting any prospects from the prospect's high school for the 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-222 academic years.

I really want to know what school it is and I hope that it's not some bullshit school in NJ. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Most of that seems minor, although this regarding Fisher stands out; a ban on all off-campus recruiting activities for the fall 2020 contact period

Gives him more time to come up with game plans from the early 2000's to keep Saban up at nights.

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

HammLite ::

With this having happened during the 2018-19 school year, it was likely a prospect from the class of 2020.

If the kid was a sophomore in 18-19, wouldn’t it be a 21 recruit?  
Edit: sorry it said before the completion of his junior year, not the start. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1