Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can't wait to get a Looch write up on Chappell later about how he'd be a high 4*, top 10 in-state if he was in Texas.

Your friendly neighborhood (if you live in Katy) aggy commenters are on it. He's so much better than JJohnson guys.

Spoiler

EcFxzmEWAAEBk2b?format=jpg&name=360x360EcFx0OEWsAMEplc?format=jpg&name=360x360EcFx0vnXsAA2RMy?format=jpg&name=360x360

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Your friendly neighborhood (if you live in Katy) aggy commenters are on it. He's so much better than JJohnson guys.

Hide contents

EcFxzmEWAAEBk2b?format=jpg&name=360x360EcFx0OEWsAMEplc?format=jpg&name=360x360EcFx0vnXsAA2RMy?format=jpg&name=360x360

RiverRat is the new mfeldstein.  Chappell is nowhere near what Owens and Hookfin are from an athletic standpoint when you factor in the size of all 3.

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can't wait to get a Looch write up on Chappell later about how he'd be a high 4*, top 10 in-state if he was in Texas.

They’ve been selling his elite speed all offseason on every aggy site, so clearly that was the directive. The only verified time I can find for him is a 24.84 200m.

20 minutes ago, golfclap said:

They’ve been selling his elite speed all offseason on every aggy site, so clearly that was the directive. The only verified time I can find for him is a 24.84 200m.

This spring/summer has been a dream for aggy media. No verified camp times means they are as big and fast as you say they are. 

Edit:  and our commits are as small and slow as they say they are. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

This is too good. 

Aggy immediately asks why Chappel is a 3 star and Jamier Johnson is a 4 star. 

Aggy breaks it down you dumb sips 

WCKyle
Posted on 4 mins, V I P, User Since 214 months ago, User Post Count: 397
  • 4 minsVIP
  • 214 months

Tarp said... (original post)And I haven't watched Jamier Johnson so I have no idea what he does differently.

show more

I have, he’s been coached up and at much higher level and you can tell he’s play a lot of 7 on 7 and done camps. He’s got length but he’s really thin. He’s good in his back pedal, but he’s got average speed at best. His athletic ability is limited and he doesn’t have even close to the ceiling that Chappell does. Simmons and 24/7 loves to tout the projection, but in this case they don’t bother which is typical. He’s projected a 3A west Texas kid who plays against 3A and 2A kids that weigh #200 on DL. He also likes to say he’s a multi sport kid but every kid at that level plays multiple sports. I’ve actually seen him in real live football and that kid ain’t close to being a top 150 player. I saw him get whipped by two kids that gave up #50 plus to him. Got beat with speed and strength. Kid won’t sniff the NFL and will be lucky to ever start at Baylor. Barton knows all though.

Edited by Neonmoon

Spoiler

Liucci

5:00p 

Staff

AG

It will be as bad as we've ever seen it from the national services this year, folks. Just be prepared. Chappell not being ranked EVERY BIT as highly as the corner Texas just landed from Cali and Ish Ibraheem is pretty shameful if you're doing this for a living.

Liucci

In reply to CrackerJackAg •  4:42p 

Staff

AG

CrackerJackAg said:

I don't mean this as a slight and I know we are supposed to "Trust Jimbo".

I can understand cherry picking 4/5 star kids out of state but I am not sure why we are grabbing these kids when they're are no shortage of good 3 star kids in Texas.

Not a slam on an individual kid but I don't believe all of these kids are diamonds in the rough.

I, and everyone else, was making fun on Herman when he whiffed on all the good Texas kids and then hyped how he was recruiting nationally at TEXAS.

Statistically it is true that you can't win without a ton of 4/5 star kids. 

What am I missing? Is Jimbo finding all the good kids and decided he doesn't need to recruit the way he did at FSU when he won a natty or is recruiting bad off this year?

If there's a cornerback in the state of Texas as good as Chappell this year, it's Deuce Harmon. That's it. That's the list. Harmon, Chappell, MJ Daniels and Dreyden Norwood would all deserve mention at the top of the in-state list at CB this year. No other in-state corner in that discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Same at safety, where Donovan McMillon, Kendal Daniels, Jardin Gilbert and Terrian Arnold would probably all rank above any player in Texas at their position.

Second, you're not at all taking into account the fact that the national services are handcuffed this year in terms of conducting anything close to their normal thorough evals. Finally, you haven't studied up enough on Jimbo's tenure at FSU or even as an assistant at LSU if you don't know about his history of turning lower-rated prospects into all-conference players at both schools.

Finally, I'm not really sure if this is even a real post. Feels like trying to hard to explain away 'how bad things are.'

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

It will be as bad as we've ever seen it from the national services this year, folks. Just be prepared. Chappell not being ranked EVERY BIT as highly as the corner Texas just landed from Cali and Ish Ibraheem is pretty shameful if you're doing this for a living.

Liucci

Staff

AG

CrackerJackAg said:

I can understand cherry picking 4/5 star kids out of state but I am not sure why we are grabbing these kids when they're are no shortage of good 3 star kids in Texas.

Not a slam on an individual kid but I don't believe all of these kids are diamonds in the rough.

I, and everyone else, was making fun on Herman when he whiffed on all the good Texas kids and then hyped how he was recruiting nationally at TEXAS.

What am I missing? Is Jimbo finding all the good kids and decided he doesn't need to recruit the way he did at FSU when he won a natty or is recruiting bad off this year?

If there's a cornerback in the state of Texas as good as Chappell this year, it's Deuce Harmon. That's it. That's the list. Harmon, Chappell, MJ Daniels and Dreyden Norwood would all deserve mention at the top of the in-state list at CB this year. No other in-state corner in that discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Same at safety, where Donovan McMillon, Kendal Daniels, Jardin Gilbert and Terrian Arnold would probably all rank above any player in Texas at their position.

Second, you're not at all taking into account the fact that the national services are handcuffed this year in terms of conducting anything close to their normal thorough evals. Finally, you haven't studied up enough on Jimbo's tenure at FSU or even as an assistant at LSU if you don't know about his history of turning lower-rated prospects into all-conference players at both schools.

Finally, I'm not really sure if this is even a real post. Feels like trying to hard to explain away 'how bad things are.'

Wait a minute, wasn't Ibraheem the top CB in the state earlier in the year when Looch had him in the next likely to commit?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Liucci

Staff

AG

CrackerJackAg said:

Between this and his NCAA violations spin job, he's dialing the aggy victim complex up to 11 this week.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hilariously they took scrub big bro to get this kid and (per the twitters) he just got a basketball offer from Baylor.

Even as someone who loves football, I’d have to look hard at playing basketball in college instead if I got the chance. Even if you think you don’t have NBA potential, there’s an established precedent of CBB > NFL for TEs.

11 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Liucci

Staff

AG

CrackerJackAg said:

If there's a cornerback in the state of Texas as good as Chappell this year, it's Deuce Harmon.

Chappell is the #1 CB (#22 overall) in PA in composite

he is #70 CB in the composite

Texas meanwhile has the #11 (McCutchen), #13 (Ish), #16 (Hunter Washington), #22 (D Harmon), #46 (Jimmy Wyrick), #69 (Jalon Williams) plus #75 (Raymond Gay) - plus Bowman

Chappell is a .8565 in the composite, which would rank him as the #112 player in the State.

This puts him on par with Jalon Williams (111), J'Dann  Burnett (112), Jack Turner (113, committedd to TTU), Jordan Eubanks (114,  FSU commit)

Top247 has him as an 88, which would put him on par with the #58-82 rank in the state.

Just a really really really really weird take when Texas as a state has 6 guys ranked higher at CB (plus Bowman) in composite.

Looch has Harmon at #18 in Texas in his Looch 44 (tm) - Ish is #33, McCutchin is #43 & Bowman is at 20

side note, hasn't Looch shit all over Bowman for his size (5'10 & 175) vs Chappell at 5'11" & 177?

Edited by NoName

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

Chappell is the #1 CB (#22 overall) in PA in composite

he is #70 CB in the composite

Texas meanwhile has the #11 (McCutchen), #13 (Ish), #16 (Hunter Washington), #22 (D Harmon), #46 (Jimmy Wyrick), #69 (Jalon Williams) plus #75 (Raymond Gay) - plus Bowman

Chappell is a .8565 in the composite, which would rank him as the #112 player in the State.

This puts him on par with Jalon Williams (111), J'Dann  Burnett (112), Jack Turner (113, committedd to TTU), Jordan Eubanks (114,  FSU commit)

Top247 has him as an 88, which would put him on par with the #58-82 rank in the state.

Just a really really really really weird take when Texas as a state has 6 guys ranked higher at CB (plus Bowman) in composite.

Looch has Harmon at #18 in Texas in his Looch 44 (tm) - Ish is #33, McCutchin is #43 & Bowman is at 20

side note, hasn't Looch shit all over Bowman for his size (5'10 & 175) vs Chappell at 5'11" & 177?

That's good and all..HOWEVER haven't you watched the tape?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tony Two K said:

Why didn’t Jimbo use this amazing 3-star-from-the-northeast strategy when he was at FSU?

Because his in-state competition for recruits was practically non-existent. Miami and Florida were both down for most of Jimbo's tenure there and Clemson wasn't as much of a pull early on as they are now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Because his in-state competition for recruits was practically non-existent. Miami and Florida were both down for most of Jimbo's tenure there and Clemson wasn't as much of a pull early on as they are now.

Odell Haggins and Lawrence Dawsey were still there from the Bobby Bowden/Mickey Andrews days and Tim Brewster was on staff. In state kids that were offered by Bowden/Andrews (and by extension Haggins/Dawsey) went to FSU. It was even more pronounced than Mack vs. RC. So for the first couple of Jimbo seasons, the FL recruits responded the same way. The longer it went, the less good will and interest that Jimbo had in state and even FSU feeder schools started drying up for the Noles. That's why you see his 2017 class with so many OOS kids, including his "Georgia strategy", which played out exactly like these NE kids. His 2018 class was going to be even heavier in marginal 3* OOS guys - he was taking cubes like Christian Meadows a full 2 years early despite being in talent rich FL. 

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Chappell, MJ Daniels and Dreyden Norwood would all deserve mention at the top of the in-state list at CB this year. No other in-state corner in that discussion as far as I'm concerned

Total. Fucking. Nonsense. 

Dreyden Norwood is a FS that some people think might project at CB but he runs 11.38 in the 100 and plays better facing the ball than turning, so ... 

MJ Daniels is waiting for any regional gulf school to give him a committable offer. MJ Daniels looks like a classic Gary Patterson take to play OLB in year 4/5. He's a 6'3" tweener that really has no position right now - calling him better than 10-12 of the CBs in Texas is laughable. Chappell's competition looks to be comparable to some decent 8th grade A teams here in Texas and his elite speed is based on a handheld time self-reported from his high school coach - in state you have Jalon Williams who is bigger and ran a freaking 10.52 back in 2018. There's no reason to go OOS for CBs like Chappell, except that the in state kids simply don't have interest. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

I know I'm overusing this gif, but I literally have this reaction every time I read Liucci's butthurt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Finally, you haven't studied up enough on Jimbo's tenure at FSU or even as an assistant at LSU if you don't know about his history of turning lower-rated prospects into all-conference players at both schools.

Looch says lies like these for two reasons. 1) Giving Jimbo credit for players at LSU is disingenuous because a Head Coach (Saban) influences so many aspects of a program, that it's hard to know how much the assistant deserves credit or the HC or vice versa. It's an incalculable metric. 2) He expects no one will do the work and call him on his bullshit. Well I took the day off. So during his stint at HC at FSU 2010-2017

List of all 3 stars that were turned into All-ACC Conference Players (He's really good with Kickers and Punters, and OL early on)

Year All ACC Team Pos Player Star Rating
2010 First Team OG Rodney Hudson 3
2010 Second Team C Ryan McMahon 3
2012 First Team CB Xavier Rhodes 3
2011 First Team K Dustin Hopkins 3
2011 First Team P Shawn Powell 3
2012 First Team DE Bjoern Werner 3
2013 First Team C Bryan Stork 3
2014 First Team OT Cameron Erving 3
2014 First Team OG Tre' Jackson 3
2013 First Team K Roberto Aguayo 3
2013 Second Team S Terrence Brooks 3
2013 Third Team S Nate Andrews 3
2015 Second Team DT Nile Lawrence-Stample 3
2015 Second Team OG Kareem Are Jr. 3
2017 Second Team C Alec Eberle Jr.

Edited by Neonmoon
Edited to show highest team made by each player and year
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch says lies like these for two reasons. 1) Giving Jimbo credit for players at LSU is disingenuous because a Head Coach (Saban) influences so many aspects of a program, that it's hard to know how much the assistant deserves credit or the HC or vice versa. It's an incalculable metric. 2) He expects no one will do the work and call him on his bullshit. Well I took the day off. So during his stint at HC at FSU 2010-2017

List of all 3 stars that were turned into All-ACC Conference Players (He's really good with Kickers and Punters)

Year All ACC Team Pos Player Star Rating
2010 First Team OG Rodney Hudson 3
2010 Second Team C Ryan McMahon 3
2010 Second Team CB Xavier Rhodes 3
2011 First Team K Dustin Hopkins 3
2011 First Team P Shawn Powell 3
2012 First Team DE Bjoern Werner 3
2012 Second Team C Bryan Stork 3
2012 Second Team OT Cameron Erving 3
2012 Second Team OG Tre' Jackson 3
2013 Second Team K Roberto Aguayo 3
2013 Second Team S Terrence Brooks 3
2013 Third Team S Nate Andrews 3
2015 Second Team DT Nile Lawrence-Stample 3
2015 Third Team OG Kareem Are Jr. 3
2017 Second Team C Alec Eberle Jr.

Yeah, comments like this from Liucci are always LSU agh able. Jimbo won at FSU by out-recruiting the other Florida schools that were down at the time, having a hilariously easy schedule, and amassing high-rated talent. His offensive scheme is so out-dated and regimented that he can only win by out-talenting  the opponent.  He’s never been a guy who develops 3 stars. If you take the kickers and punters out, then he’s developing like 1-2 3 stars per year, which isn’t a good rate at all, especially when you consider that about 40-45% of his classs have been 3 stars at A&M. That rate of development plus all his OOS mercenary attrition means their roster is going to be consistently young and struggling with depth issues. 

Liucci having to shift to that narrative this early in Jimbo’s tenure is pretty much a death sentence. The only that can save Jimbo will be a transcendent talent at QB, and he’s already had 3 recruiting classes and hasn’t come close to finding that yet. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Liucci having to shift to that narrative this early in Jimbo’s tenure is pretty much a death sentence. The only that can save Jimbo will be a transcendent talent at QB, and he’s already had 3 recruiting classes and hasn’t come close to finding that yet. 

5d2fab6260c5d.image.jpg?crop=751,751,224