Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

19 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The only that can save Jimbo will be a transcendent talent at QB, and he’s already had 3 recruiting classes and hasn’t come close to finding that yet. 

Speaking of, who are they targeting for the 22' class at QB?  Ewers has zero interest.  Some NE kid?

54 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

I know I'm overusing this gif, but I literally have this reaction every time I read Liucci's butthurt.

For me its a mix between the ryangoslinglol.gif and the ElRisitas.gif merged together.  Either way, it makes my day better knowing that he knows better than the tripe he types, but he still has to do it.  The fact that he bleeds maroon, and knows how bad things are, but has to sugarcoat it for his fellow alums makes it oh so sweet.  Yes aggy nation, the recruiting services are risking their integrity to keep the sleeping giant down.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

What's with Jimbo and these DT QBs? Isn't his offense the epitome of pocket passer friendly?

Yep. It’s extremely odd that he almost always recruits DTs but considers his offense a failure if the QB can’t execute from the pocket. He’s be a lot better off looking for pure passers with his offense, which is part of why I think King and Stowers will struggle under Jimbo. Stowers is a really good prospect, and he made a lot of progress with his throwing motion from sophomore to junior year and his stats bear that out, but he will still never be anywhere near his best when being told to run a pro style offense from the pocket. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

What's with Jimbo and these DT QBs? Isn't his offense the epitome of pocket passer friendly?

His offense has long developing route trees. Even the best college OL can’t protect forever so he needs a dual threat QB to save him from his stupid ass offense from 1998

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

List of all 3 stars that were turned into All-ACC Conference Players (He's really good with Kickers and Punters, and OL early on)

Year All ACC Team Pos Player Star Rating
2010 First Team OG Rodney Hudson 3
2010 Second Team C Ryan McMahon 3
2012 First Team CB Xavier Rhodes 3
2011 First Team K Dustin Hopkins 3
2011 First Team P Shawn Powell 3
2012 First Team DE Bjoern Werner 3
2013 First Team C Bryan Stork 3
2014 First Team OT Cameron Erving 3
2014 First Team OG Tre' Jackson 3
2013 First Team K Roberto Aguayo 3
2013 Second Team S Terrence Brooks 3
2013 Third Team S Nate Andrews 3
2015 Second Team DT Nile Lawrence-Stample 3
2015 Second Team OG Kareem Are Jr. 3
2017 Second Team C Alec Eberle Jr.

Hudson was a 2007 recruit and McMahon was 2006. They were Bowden evals all the way. Hudson was undersized but super athletic with footwork like a FB/TE. He's the polar opposite of a Jimbo recruit at OL. That's why the early OL evals have good hit rates - they were pre-CubeLife. 

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He wants to be their Freddie Steinmark. 

Doctor: "Well, good news, the tests came back and they're all negative. No cancer!"

King: "Well, OK, but could you just prescribe me some chemo anyway?"

Doctor: "Son, no, you don't understand, you don't have cancer, you're not sick, you don't NEED chemo."

King: "No I think it is YOU who doesn't understand, I'm the inspirational leader of the Fightin Texas Aggie football team! And you, you're not going to stop me from BEATING CANCER!"

Doctor: "Which you don't have."

King: "What's the best way to GET cancer, since you say I don't have it."

Doctor: "You could take up smoking. You already look like a four-pack-a-day Chesterfield man."

King: "Consider it done."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Cade Klubnik is an aggy legacy FWIW

I may be wrong and we surely have some Westlake posters here who know more than I do, but my impression is that despite the parents and sister at aggy that Cade wasn't a redass and isn't a fan of Fisher or his offense. I was also under the impression he wanted to go OOS, and if he stays in-state Baylor will be the choice, with the parents blessing because Fedora's aggyness. 

Fat Hamm and Looch get on texaggy radio to talk about how Chapelle is "criminally underrated", compare him to overrated tay yew players that recruiting services stump for, and how Jimbo has outsmarted everyone with his elite talent evaluation again. Starts at 1:30:00 if you feel like losing brain cells today. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/2Niklx2sKUY/0131544-dvsm.mp3

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Fat Hamm and Looch get on texaggy radio to talk about how Chapelle is "criminally underrated", compare him to overrated tay yew players that recruiting services stump for, and how Jimbo has outsmarted everyone with his elite talent evaluation again. Starts at 1:30:00 if you feel like losing brain cells today. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/2Niklx2sKUY/0131544-dvsm.mp3

10 seconds in, Brauniger: “Watch. The. Tape.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

I may be wrong and we surely have some Westlake posters here who know more than I do, but my impression is that despite the parents and sister at aggy that Cade wasn't a redass and isn't a fan of Fisher or his offense. I was also under the impression he wanted to go OOS, and if he stays in-state Baylor will be the choice, with the parents blessing because Fedora's aggyness. 

I asked about this today because I don’t know anything about Klubnik, and was told by someone close to the recruitment that he’s definitely not aggy lock, and if he had to pick A&M vs field, he’d lean field 

• Like 2

Spoiler

It's been a few weeks since Jimbo Fisher and the A&M recruiting machine generated some fireworks, but that all changed on the Fourth, when another longtime, coveted target fell the way of the Aggies.

On Saturday night, Philadelphia (PA) Northeast CB Tyreek Chappell‍ chose Texas A&M over Michigan, Penn State and Tennessee. All four programs have long considered Chappell one of the nation's premier cornerback prospects, with West Virginia, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Baylor and Pitt rounding out his 'final nine.' To call Tyreek a priority in this class would be an understatement, as Fisher, Mike Elko and the Aggies have long viewed the three-star as a must-have on the defensive side of the ball. The amount of attention the Ags' newest commitment garnered from Fisher and A&M plus a handful of the nation's power programs doesn't yet mesh with a national composite ranking that has at least one service still trying to figure out if they want to rank the two-way playmaker as a corner or wide receiver. They're way behind here because when you watch Tyreek on tape, it's easy to see that he's not only an elite athlete but also an exceptionally skilled cover man.

Unlike the services, the Ags know exactly where they plan to line Chappell up and that's on the island, where he has the potential to develop into someone who can take a team's best receiver out of the game and perhaps even shut down one side of the field.

The Ags know exactly where they plan to line Chappell up and that's on the island, where he has the potential to develop into someone who can take a team's best receiver out of the game and perhaps even shut down one side of the field.

The 6-0, 175-pounder is an absolutely gifted athlete whose speed and playmaking skill on both sides of the ball is jaw-dropping stuff. He possesses the kind of speed that allows him not only to run stride for stride with even the fastest wideouts (see how he locked up Ohio State commit Marvin Harrison Jr.‍ for proof) but also to recover when the ball is in the air. An explosive leaper who can locate and get his hands on the ball, Tyreek is also a very fluid athlete who easily flips his hips and gets in and out of his backpedal. Chappell is built for man-to-man coverage, aggressive, athletic and he plays with supreme confidence. Because he can turn and run on deep routes but possesses the quickness and agility to stick with receivers working the middle, the newest Aggie corner isn't going to be one of those guys who gets exposed very often, and he'll be able to match up with any type of receiver. We're talking about a different cut of athlete than what Elko has put on the field during his first two seasons as A&M's defensive coordinator, the type the Ags see every year when they face the SEC's elite secondaries.

Chappell burst onto the recruiting scene as a junior, when he basically toyed with the opposition. At corner, Tyreek's number of interceptions exceeded the number of completions allowed, an absolutely unheard of statistic. He picked off three passes on the year and allowed just two catches on 41 targets for the season. He added a pair of PBUs and two forced fumbles. On offense, he's a home run threat in every sense of the word. On 20 receptions, Chappell managed 553 yards (nearly 28 yards per grab) and crossed the goal line seven times. He added a rushing TD and also took a punt 47 yards to the house. 

On top of clearly being one of the top defenders on the Aggie board and an elite-level talent, Chappell's addition is even more significant because of his position. Entering the '21 cycle, cornerback and offensive line stood out as the most glaring need areas in Fisher's ongoing push towards putting an SEC title contender on the field. The Aggies and new position coach T.J. Rushing got things kicked off in style with the addition of the best in Texas when Denton Guyer stud Deuce Harmon‍ chose A&M over Texas. Adding a talent like Chappell gives the Ags two gifted cover men with lockdown potential. The Aggies have signed two outstanding JUCO corners in each of the last two classes, and 2020 five-star Jaylon Jones is the real deal but — because Erick Young moved to safety — the Ags didn't ink a HS corner in 2018 or 2019 and were probably a man short last year, signing only two. Inking three high school corners is an absolute priority this time around, and the Wrecking Crew is 2/3 of the way there. Five star Virginia sensation Tony Grimes‍ chose UNC over A&M, Ohio State and Georgia last week, but Elko, Rushing and the Aggies are very much in the thick of things with two from inside the SEC footprint in MJ Daniels‍ of Lucedale (MS) and Fort Smith (AR) standout Dreyden Norwood‍.

TexAgs

Chappell and prior A&M commit Deuce Harmon (pictured) give the Aggies two out of a likely three-man CB haul in 2021.

The most recent addition to the 2021 commit list marks the third time in as many commits that the Aggies have added a longtime, priority target to the class. Fellow corner Deuce Harmon and offensive tackle Reuben Fatheree‍ were coveted by the A&M staff from the very beginning of the current cycle. The same can be said for Tyreek Chappell. During the ongoing and unprecedented recruiting shutdown, commits aren't rolling in at a rapid clip, but Fisher and the Aggie staff have begun steadily ending lengthy recruitments and adding high-level targets.

Chappell's committment pushes the Aggies' current 2021 total to 11. He's Elko's fifth defensive pledge and Fisher's fifth out-of-state get this cycle. Up until Saturday night, the Ags' recent string of commits haven't been too surprising, with things trending in the Maroon & White's direction leading up to the recent announcements. Now that the Philly corner is in the fold, the question of which domino will fall the Ags' way next is a tougher one to answer. It's actually possible that Fisher and Co. could go back-to-back in the City of Brotherly Love, with defensive lineman Taleeq Robbins‍ of the Imhotep Institute standing out as one to watch. Other late-summer possibles (to varying degrees) include longtime tailback targets LJ Johnson Jr‍ of Cy-Fair and Miami four-star Amari Daniels‍.

Since there doesn't appear to be anything on the immediate horizon in the way of commitments, let's wrap it up with a few top fives just for fun.

The five '21 targets I feel the Aggies have the best shot with:
1. Philadelphia (PA) Imhotep Institute DT Taleeq Robbins
2. Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson
3. Miami (FL) Central RB Amari Daniels
4. Niceville (FL) OL Kimo Makaneole
5. Grandview ATH Dametrious Crownover

Five A&M is still very much in the hunt for:
1. Lucedale (MS) CB MJ Daniels
2. La Porte DL Albert Regis‍ 
3. Katy Taylor OL Bryce Foster
4. DeSoto DE Shemar Turner
5. Miami (FL) Central ATH Yulkeith Brown

In keeping with the Tyreek Chappell theme, the five most underrated recruits on A&M's remaining board:
1. Taleeq Robbins
2. Jackson (MO) OL Connor Tollison
3. Kimo Makaneole
4. La Porte DL Albert Regis
5. Lucedale (MS) CB MJ Daniels

Watch the Ags eventually sign a name (or two) off of this list:
Duncanville OL Savion Byrd
Texarkana (TX) Pleasant Grove DE Landon Jackson
Oradell (NJ) Bergen Catholic DT Tywone Malone
Fort Smith (AR) CB Dreyden Norwood
Jackson (MO) OL Connor Tollison
Beggs (OK) S Kendal Daniels
Canonsburg (PA) S Donovan McMillon

Some high-profile in state, already-offered '22 recruits I could see the Ags landing:
1. Katy CB Bobby Taylor
2. Atascocita OL Kameron Dewberry
3. The Woodlands LB Martrell Harris
4. Summer Creek OL Kelvin Banks
5. Katy DE Malick Sylla
6. Cy-Park LB Harold Perkins
7. Dickinson TE Donovan Green

14 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

It's been a few weeks since Jimbo Fisher and the A&M recruiting machine generated some fireworks, but that all changed on the Fourth, when another longtime, coveted target fell the way of the Aggies.

aggy generated some fireworks did they? Checks notes from the weekend...  Texas landed a much higher rated CB,  OU landed a 5* QB and a much higher rated 4* CB, and LSU landed 3 4* guys over that same weekend. 

poor aggy. 

16 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The Ags know exactly where they plan to line Chappell up and that's on the island, where he has the potential to develop into someone who can take a team's best receiver out of the game and perhaps even shut down one side of the field.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

17 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

he Aggies have signed two outstanding JUCO corners in each of the last two classes

Blades is fucking terrible. George hasn't played a snap yet but I wouldn't hold my breath on a 6'2" JUCO CB being "outstanding"

18 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

2020 five-star Jaylon Jones is the real deal but — because Erick Young moved to safety — the Ags didn't ink a HS corner in 2018 or 2019 and were probably a man short last year, signing only two.

So the FS you signed as a CB in Young has already moved to S (just as EVERYONE predicted) and now the other FS you signed at CB (Jones) is the only CB you signed over TWO classes. So even including him aggy has signed THREE CBs over 3 classes and are "probably" a man short? In a division with LSU, Leach at MSU, Briles at Arky, Kiffin at Ole Miss, and Bama and their WR room?!  

"As long as we remain injury free we can actually put CBs in the dime package."  - Elko, probably

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Man, that's some Grade-A sunshine pumping there. This 17 year old may quite possibly shut down half the field and has no, none, zero negatives or areas to work on.

He's working on a Covid cure in the evenings, and he loves massaging the feet of the forlorn. 

How do the Aggies ever lose with these coaches and players? They're so sure until they turn. Then it's vicious.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, golfclap said:
1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Bro.  It's statistics.  He literally intercepts 3 balls for every 2 that gets by him.   With stats like that, might as well get that 2XXX trophy off to get inscribed. 

Hide contents

On Saturday night, Philadelphia (PA) Northeast CB Tyreek Chappell‍ chose Texas A&M over Michigan, Penn State and Tennessee. All four programs have long considered Chappell one of the nation's premier cornerback prospects, with West Virginia, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Baylor and Pitt rounding out his 'final nine.' To call Tyreek a priority in this class would be an understatement, as Fisher, Mike Elko and the Aggies have long viewed the three-star as a must-have on the defensive side of the ball. The amount of attention the Ags' newest commitment garnered from Fisher and A&M plus a handful of the nation's power programs doesn't yet mesh with a national composite ranking that has at least one service still trying to figure out if they want to rank the two-way playmaker as a corner or wide receiver. They're way behind here because when you watch Tyreek on tape, it's easy to see that he's not only an elite athlete but also an exceptionally skilled cover man.

Unlike the services, the Ags know exactly where they plan to line Chappell up and that's on the island, where he has the potential to develop into someone who can take a team's best receiver out of the game and perhaps even shut down one side of the field.

The 6-0, 175-pounder is an absolutely gifted athlete whose speed and playmaking skill on both sides of the ball is jaw-dropping stuff. He possesses the kind of speed that allows him not only to run stride for stride with even the fastest wideouts (see how he locked up Ohio State commit Marvin Harrison Jr.‍ for proof) but also to recover when the ball is in the air. An explosive leaper who can locate and get his hands on the ball, Tyreek is also a very fluid athlete who easily flips his hips and gets in and out of his backpedal. Chappell is built for man-to-man coverage, aggressive, athletic and he plays with supreme confidence. Because he can turn and run on deep routes but possesses the quickness and agility to stick with receivers working the middle, the newest Aggie corner isn't going to be one of those guys who gets exposed very often, and he'll be able to match up with any type of receiver. We're talking about a different cut of athlete than what Elko has put on the field during his first two seasons as A&M's defensive coordinator, the type the Ags see every year when they face the SEC's elite secondaries.

Chappell burst onto the recruiting scene as a junior, when he basically toyed with the opposition. At corner, Tyreek's number of interceptions exceeded the number of completions allowed, an absolutely unheard of statistic. He picked off three passes on the year and allowed just two catches on 41 targets for the season. He added a pair of PBUs and two forced fumbles. On offense, he's a home run threat in every sense of the word. On 20 receptions, Chappell managed 553 yards (nearly 28 yards per grab) and crossed the goal line seven times. He added a rushing TD and also took a punt 47 yards to the house. 

On top of clearly being one of the top defenders on the Aggie board and an elite-level talent, Chappell's addition is even more significant because of his position. Entering the '21 cycle, cornerback and offensive line stood out as the most glaring need areas in Fisher's ongoing push towards putting an SEC title contender on the field. The Aggies and new position coach T.J. Rushing got things kicked off in style with the addition of the best in Texas when Denton Guyer stud Deuce Harmon‍ chose A&M over Texas. Adding a talent like Chappell gives the Ags two gifted cover men with lockdown potential. The Aggies have signed two outstanding JUCO corners in each of the last two classes, and 2020 five-star Jaylon Jones is the real deal but — because Erick Young moved to safety — the Ags didn't ink a HS corner in 2018 or 2019 and were probably a man short last year, signing only two. Inking three high school corners is an absolute priority this time around, and the Wrecking Crew is 2/3 of the way there. Five star Virginia sensation Tony Grimes‍ chose UNC over A&M, Ohio State and Georgia last week, but Elko, Rushing and the Aggies are very much in the thick of things with two from inside the SEC footprint in MJ Daniels‍ of Lucedale (MS) and Fort Smith (AR) standout Dreyden Norwood‍.

TexAgs

Chappell and prior A&M commit Deuce Harmon (pictured) give the Aggies two out of a likely three-man CB haul in 2021.

The most recent addition to the 2021 commit list marks the third time in as many commits that the Aggies have added a longtime, priority target to the class. Fellow corner Deuce Harmon and offensive tackle Reuben Fatheree‍ were coveted by the A&M staff from the very beginning of the current cycle. The same can be said for Tyreek Chappell. During the ongoing and unprecedented recruiting shutdown, commits aren't rolling in at a rapid clip, but Fisher and the Aggie staff have begun steadily ending lengthy recruitments and adding high-level targets.

Chappell's committment pushes the Aggies' current 2021 total to 11. He's Elko's fifth defensive pledge and Fisher's fifth out-of-state get this cycle. Up until Saturday night, the Ags' recent string of commits haven't been too surprising, with things trending in the Maroon & White's direction leading up to the recent announcements. Now that the Philly corner is in the fold, the question of which domino will fall the Ags' way next is a tougher one to answer. It's actually possible that Fisher and Co. could go back-to-back in the City of Brotherly Love, with defensive lineman Taleeq Robbins‍ of the Imhotep Institute standing out as one to watch. Other late-summer possibles (to varying degrees) include longtime tailback targets LJ Johnson Jr‍ of Cy-Fair and Miami four-star Amari Daniels‍.

Since there doesn't appear to be anything on the immediate horizon in the way of commitments, let's wrap it up with a few top fives just for fun.

2. Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson

In keeping with the Tyreek Chappell theme, the five most underrated recruits on A&M's remaining board:
1. Taleeq Robbins
3. Kimo Makaneole

Some high-profile in state, already-offered '22 recruits I could see the Ags landing:
1. Katy CB Bobby Taylor
5. Katy DE Malick Sylla

TexAgs listing future Longhorn Albert Regis as a guy aggy is very much in the hunt for and most underrated. 

giphy.gif 

38 minutes ago, golfclap said:

aggy generated some fireworks did they? Checks notes from the weekend...  Texas landed a much higher rated CB,  OU landed a 5* QB and a much higher rated 4* CB, and LSU landed 3 4* guys over that same weekend. 

poor aggy. 

Blades is fucking terrible. George hasn't played a snap yet but I wouldn't hold my breath on a 6'2" JUCO CB being "outstanding"

So the FS you signed as a CB in Young has already moved to S (just as EVERYONE predicted) and now the other FS you signed at CB (Jones) is the only CB you signed over TWO classes. So even including him aggy has signed THREE CBs over 3 classes and are "probably" a man short? In a division with LSU, Leach at MSU, Briles at Arky, Kiffin at Ole Miss, and Bama and their WR room?!  

"As long as we remain injury free we can actually put CBs in the dime package."  - Elko, probably

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Haha yeah. They’ve been doubling down on safeties at CB and lining up 4 DTs since Elko got there and they’ve been recruiting accordingly.  The SEC West has moved drastcially towards the spread/air raid since Elko got there. The idea of them lining up a bunch of 6’2 “corners” who are better off at safety against these offenses is just hilarious. I can’t wait to watch. They’re absolutely going to get upset by at least one fo the Miss schools/Arkansas this year, and they’re going to struggle against all three for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 2

Reveal hidden contents

TexAgs

2. Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson

1. Taleeq Robbins
3. Kimo Makaneole

1. Katy CB Bobby Taylor
5. Katy DE Malick Sylla

Oh man, this is the good shit. This would be a touch over the top if was about Kelee Ringo, the fact that it's in regards to a solid 3* prospect is just so perfect.

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

He's the love great grand child of John David Crow.

57_Crow_with_Trophy.jpg?x16107

Mongoloid, he was a mongoloid
Happier than you and me
And it determined what he could see
One chromosome too many

And he wore a hat
And he had a job
And he brought home the bacon
So that no one knew

He was a mongoloid, mongoloid
His friends were unaware
Nobody even cared
One chromosome too many

Edited by cafe society
too many repetitive verses

50 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

TexAgs listing future Longhorn Albert Regis as a guy aggy is very much in the hunt for and most underrated. 

giphy.gif 

Haha yeah. They’ve been doubling down on safeties at CB and lining up 4 DTs since Elko got there and they’ve been recruiting accordingly.  The SEC West has moved drastcially towards the spread/air raid since Elko got there. The idea of them lining up a bunch of 6’2 “corners” who are better off at safety against these offenses is just hilarious. I can’t wait to watch. They’re absolutely going to get upset by at least one fo the Miss schools/Arkansas this year, and they’re going to struggle against all three for the foreseeable future. 

Let's not forget Auburn.  Nix will only get better the next 2 years ( and already beat aggy @ Kyle Field ) and they usually have good WR's.

42 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We should also point out about Harmon being the top CB in the state.  NM Ibraheem was billed as that earlier in the year when Texags was pumping he was aggy bound plus he has offers from everybody.

Since they're too scared to play football against us, thumping their little sizzle chests about their recruiting fictions is all they have.  And since they're the most dishonest people in the world, they won't ever lose that matchup.  Solid gold for those pussies.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Man, that's some Grade-A sunshine pumping there. This 17 year old may quite possibly shut down half the field and has no, none, zero negatives or areas to work on.

He's working on a Covid cure in the evenings, and he loves massaging the feet of the forlorn. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Bro.  It's statistics.  He literally intercepts 3 balls for every 2 that gets by him.   With stats like that, might as well get that 2XXX trophy off to get inscribed. 

He’s also a big fan of confederate statues.