Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

On 7/6/2020 at 1:11 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

Doctor: "Well, good news, the tests came back and they're all negative. No cancer!"

King: "Well, OK, but could you just prescribe me some chemo anyway?"

Doctor: "Son, no, you don't understand, you don't have cancer, you're not sick, you don't NEED chemo."

King: "No I think it is YOU who doesn't understand, I'm the inspirational leader of the Fightin Texas Aggie football team! And you, you're not going to stop me from BEATING CANCER!"

Doctor: "Which you don't have."

King: "What's the best way to GET cancer, since you say I don't have it."

Doctor: "You could take up smoking. You already look like a four-pack-a-day Chesterfield man."

King: "Consider it done."

Chesterfield Filter Kings?

Now there's an oldie for you.

6 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Chesterfield Filter Kings?

Now there's an oldie for you.

Hah! One of my favorite parts of working for the AD at Columbia was all the cigarette ads in the old programs - The Chesterfield ones were always great.

1948-columbia-vs-dartmouth-football_1_b4

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

aggy offered 3* OT Devon Manuel - Arky commit ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Devon-Manuel-46100096/

Jimbo really must hate TX kids.  I just can't believe this.   Here's to hoping the HS coaches remember this 3-4 years down the line, when Jimbo is retired and new guy is in. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Jimbo really must hate TX kids.  I just can't believe this.   Here's to hoping the HS coaches remember this 3-4 years down the line, when Jimbo is retired and new guy is in. 

Truly, it's really wild. In the 2019 class where they claimed we were "chased out of the state" we took 1 out of state high school player that wasn't rated at least 3 stars (Marcus Tillman).

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Ags have 3 OOS three stars out of their 11 commitments right now. Their new offers always seem to be middling out of state guys like this while ignoring 20 comparable Texas prospects. I just don't see how it doesn't come back to bite the in the ass eventually.

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Truly, it's really wild. In the 2019 class where they claimed we were "chased out of the state" we took 1 out of state high school player that wasn't rated at least 3 stars (Marcus Tillman).

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Ags have 3 OOS three stars out of their 11 commitments right now. Their new offers always seem to be middling out of state guys like this while ignoring 20 comparable Texas prospects. I just don't see how it doesn't come back to bite the in the ass eventually.

Yeah, I get that a lot of the in-state guys seem not to be into aggy at all, but the aggy staff is just throwing up their hands and saying "well darn, nothing to be done" and offering kids in the Deep South and Mid-Atlantic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.036662ff98c072dcc65c342a3ea6eaf5.png

Oooooooh boy that's going to go to some DARK places on TexAgs.

If he's done those things (and they are miserably hard to prove either way, unfortunately), I hope he spends some quality time in jail. And Jimbo will probably be happy to solve another roster slot, lets be honest.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, golfclap said:

aggy offered 3* OT Devon Manuel - Arky commit ::

https://247sports.com/Player/Devon-Manuel-46100096/

Watch the film and you can see why Jimbo is the premier talent evaluator in the country. Devon is big, but he moves like a linebacker. He's the kind of tackle that can handle the grind of the SEC schedule and blast open holes. Defensive ends will dread playing against Devon, I can assure you. He's got the lateral agility of a sand crab but he's twice as mean.

A&M is in great shape with him, but look for a push from Alcorn State down the stretch. We just need to get him on campus, and I think we seal the deal. Expect to see him picking up offers from a number of top programs. I've heard Texas was interested but afraid to compete with Jimbo.

This kid is a flat out stud! SEC ready and maybe a first year starter. He's that good.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Watch the film and you can see why Jimbo is the premier talent evaluator in the country. Devon is big, but he moves like a linebacker. He's the kind of tackle that can handle the grind of the SEC schedule and blast open holes. Defensive ends will dread playing against Devon, I can assure you. He's got the lateral agility of a sand crab but he's twice as mean.

A&M is in great shape with him, but look for a push from Alcorn State down the stretch. We just need to get him on campus, and I think we seal the deal. Expect to see him picking up offers from a number of top programs. I've heard Texas was interested but afraid to compete with Jimbo.

This kid is a flat out stud! SEC ready and maybe a first year starter. He's that good.

You forgot to mention how big it was to stand toe to toe and trade blows and steal a recruit from a SEC WEST rival.  He’s the kind of guy that plays in those trenches. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

You forgot to mention how big it was to stand toe to toe and trade blows and steal a recruit from a SEC WEST rival.  He’s the kind of guy that plays in those trenches. 

His forearms are exceptional, too. Thomas Carriger-esque. The kind of forearms you want to see in a football player.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oooooooh boy that's going to go to some DARK places on TexAgs.

If he's done those things (and they are miserably hard to prove either way, unfortunately), I hope he spends some quality time in jail. And Jimbo will probably be happy to solve another roster slot, lets be honest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jimbo's transition class is an absolute mess. 

Outside of Sternberger and maybe Bobby Brown I don't think they even have another serviceable player in that class. 

And Bobby Brown is good for 3 plays before needing replaced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jimbo's transition class is an absolute mess. 

Outside of Sternberger and maybe Bobby Brown I don't think they even have another serviceable player in that class. 

uh oh oops GIF

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2018-Football/Commits/

top 5 of Leon O'Neal, Jalen Preson, Colten Blanton, Bobby Brown, Max Wright

next 5 of Jordan Moore, Tank Jenkins, Jeremiah Martin, Jashaun Corbin, James Foster

it's almost like transition classes are hard

and it  makes Herman's transition class look even better at this point

Spoiler

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2017-Football/Commits/

Ehlinger, TQ Graham, Gary Johnson, Kerstetter, Cosmi, Cade Brewer have all played major snaps or been a contributor - plus guys like Josh Thompson, Bimage, Danny Young have played snaps or will this year

top 5 of Ehlinger, Toneil Carter, TQ Graham, Gary Johnson

next 5 of Montrell Estell, Josh Thompson, Reese Leitao, Marquz Bimage

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He doesn’t need to. He can just talk about how epic the ‘22 and ‘23 classes will be

That's right, there are a lot of criminally underrated three star guys out there in Philly and New York.  jimbo will find them because that's how good he is.

8 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

His forearms are exceptional, too. Thomas Carriger-esque. The kind of forearms you want to see in a football player.

Blast from the past. There were some nice early photoshop efforts created on hornfans at the time. 

I don't understand their poor in state recruiting. Is the SEC thing backfiring on them? I mean, Arkansas recruiting in Texas went to shit when they left the SWC. They have never recovered. Same with mizzou leaving the big 12. The allure of the SEC hasn't made up for their lack of presence in Texas. Nebraska's in state recruiting went to shit when they went to the Big 10. You would think that A&M actually being located in Texas would offer some immunity to that but who knows. Maybe conference affiliation ain't that big of a draw when you're not actually competing for the conference? Maybe it's a detriment for your friends and family to have to drive forever to see road games? I'm just spit balling, but I don't understand why they are taking these oos scrubs when they could be taking comparable in-state scrubs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't understand their poor in state recruiting. Is the SEC thing backfiring on them? I mean, Arkansas recruiting in Texas went to shit when they left the SWC. They have never recovered. Same with mizzou leaving the big 12. The allure of the SEC hasn't made up for their lack of presence in Texas. Nebraska's in state recruiting went to shit when they went to the Big 10. You would think that A&M actually being located in Texas would offer some immunity to that but who knows. Maybe conference affiliation ain't that big of a draw when you're not actually competing for the conference? Maybe it's a detriment for your friends and family to have to drive forever to see road games? I'm just spit balling, but I don't understand why they are taking these oos scrubs when they could be taking comparable in-state scrubs. 

jimbo-fisher-1.thumb.png.b3564eed87c0e5b9cec5337b7d97e48e.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Something else to consider is their "SEC SEC" sales pitch has not sold aggy to recruits, but has rather sold their SEC competitors to Texas recruits. They haven't been selling aggy - they've been selling the success of their competitors. Idiots.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2020 at 1:57 PM, golfclap said:

I may be wrong and we surely have some Westlake posters here who know more than I do, but my impression is that despite the parents and sister at aggy that Cade wasn't a redass and isn't a fan of Fisher or his offense. I was also under the impression he wanted to go OOS, and if he stays in-state Baylor will be the choice, with the parents blessing because Fedora's aggyness. 

he is 100% aggy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

They are going to do Jaylon Jones a tremendous disservice by making him play corner as a true freshman. 

spacer.png

at least they have realistic expectations for him ... (from today's thread on him) 

Screen-Shot-2020-07-09-at-11-14-00-AM.pn

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

counterpoint, the nicest thing you can do for any Texas kid is steer him away from Texas A&M

if you are in a position to do so, as Jimbo Fisher is, it is an act of kindness and magnanimity to help kids in this way

I for one salute Jimbo Fisher for being a good public steward here

• Like 3
  • Haha 1