Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

Sirs! How dare you besmirch the name of Jimbo Fisher and the fighting Texas Aggies! It is not that they aren’t pursuing the great athletes of the state of Texas. They are simply pursuing the creme de la creme, the greatest football athletes not just in Texas, but the entire U.S. of A.

Furthermore, better to have been rejected by Texas A&M than to accept an offer from those pedantic t-sips in the flaming capital of our great state. 

Do not be deceived. There is coming a day when all men everywhere will recognize College Station for what it is: the epicenter of the college football universe! We will ride Demond Demas to eternal glory, and the name Jimbo will be forever synonymous with the names Rockne,  Saban, Holtz and Stallings!

Good day, sirs! I say good day!

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Sirs! How dare you besmirch the name of Jimbo Fisher and the fighting Texas Aggies! It is not that they aren’t pursuing the great athletes of the state of Texas. They are simply pursuing the creme de la creme, the greatest football athletes not just in Texas, but the entire U.S. of A.

Furthermore, better to have been rejected by Texas A&M than to accept an offer from those pedantic t-sips in the flaming capital of our great state. 

Do not be deceived. There is coming a day when all men everywhere will recognize College Station for what it is: the epicenter of the college football universe! We will ride Desmond Demas to eternal glory, and the name Jimbo will be forever synonymous with the names Rockne,  Saban, Holtz and Stallings!

Good day, sirs! I say good day!

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Liucci

6:07p 

Staff

AG

With the news that the B1G is likely to go that route, one can only assume that others would follow suit...particularly if they had to.

If not, then the B1G should be excluded from the CFP and, yes, that should be the case even if it's an unbeaten, Josh Fields-led Ohio State squad.  

But let's say college football is forced into a shortened 'league-only' slate.

First off, it's definitely better than nothing. I think we can all agree on that. It also gives college football the opportunity to easily push things back four weeks or so if need be. Even if the next-to-worst case scenario came to be and we were talking about a spring season, it would be much more feasible.

In my opinion, it would be an absolute no-brainer for Greg Sankey and the SEC to add a ninth or even a tenth conference game for every team. One year only.  

In fact, here are my Plan A, B and C for the sport if it comes to that (let me know what you think and throw out some other options though I fear we're not going to see any football played at this point):

Plan A (least likely): Every P5 league plays nine conference games. No conference championship game. No bowls. Sixteen team playoff. So 115 or so of your teams play a nine game season. Every P5 conference's championship game participants get an auto bid. Two G5's make the cut and four 'at large.' Seed the teams. Play the week after the title games at four 'regional' sites. The winners stay in that city - under quarantine - and play again six or seven days later. Final Four. National title game.

115 teams (roughly) play nine games. Sixteen play 10. Only 8 play 11. Just 4 play 12 and two play 13. If you do it that way, you really don't need any type of 'layoff.'

The spin-off idea for 'Plan A' is the same nine-game conference schedule. Play championship weekend. Five conference champs, one automatic G5 and two at-large teams play an 8-team playoff. That's it.

Again, better than nothing. Legitimate conference champs, real title games and, even though it wouldn't be perfect, we get our coveted 'eight team playoff.'

Plan B: SEC moves on with a 10-game schedule, crowns the most 'legitimate' conference champ they've ever had and then - two weeks later for logistical purposes - the conference matches up against another 14-team league for what would amount to a 'bowl weekend.' My preference is the ACC due to proximity and because the B1G is led by the most condescending, selfish and arrogant group in the sport (as evidenced by the stunt they pulled today). Seed the teams 1-14 in each conference and play the games from Thursday-Saturday.

Examples:
Bama v Clemson
Georgia v UNC
A&M v Florida State
LSU v Virginia Tech
Auburn v Miami
Kentucky v Louisville
Tennessee v Pitt
Ole Miss v Wake
South Carolina v NC State
Mississippi State v Syracuse
Missouri v Duke
Arkansas v Georgia Tech
Vanderbilt v Boston College
*or drop the last-place finisher, let them play a G5 opponent and sub Notre Dame into the mix.

Bama v Ohio State
Florida v Wisconsin
A&M v Penn State
Georgia v Michigan
LSU v Minnesota
Auburn v Iowa
Tennessee v Nebraska
Kentucky v Northwestern
South Carolina v Purdue
Ole Miss v Indiana
Mississippi State v Michigan State
Missouri v Illinois
Arkansas v Maryland
Vandy v Rutgers

Plan 😄 Play a 10-game conference schedule and then have an SEC 'Playoff.' West champ vs East runner-up and East champ vs West runner-up and then the championship game.

Examples: Alabama vs Florida, A&M vs Georgia or maybe Bama vs Georgia and LSU/Auburn vs Florida

Plan 😧 Play a 9-game schedule with the Pac, ACC, Big 12 and SEC all doing it. Four conference champions crowned championship weekend and those four teams reach the playoff. Won't necessarily be the 'best four' but keep it simple.

Examples: Oregon, Clemson, OU and Bama or maybe USC, Clemson, OU and Georgia.

Bonus Plan: Go with plan C and then set up A&M/Texas in the Cotton Bowl if by some miracle fans can be in the stadium by the New Year.

Any of those would be an amazing save, in my opinion. All are longshots, at best, at this point. The most likely is Plan B, IMO. Maybe Plan B with an extra 'bowl' or 'non-conference' game at the end.

16 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

My preference is the ACC due to proximity and because the B1G is led by the most condescending, selfish and arrogant group in the sport (as evidenced by the stunt they pulled today).

This folks is anger. He is angry because he realized A&Ms 4 cupcake wins went bye bye in their “best team ever” 2020 season. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This folks is anger. He is angry because he realized A&Ms 4 cupcake wins went bye bye in their “best team ever” 2020 season. 

Seriously. "Stunt they pulled" - Jesus it's not like the Big Ten of all conferences hates having more college football.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

And if they start adding SEC games to the schedule, a Georgia or a Florida might show up.

All depends if 9 game or 10 game season. They already have fucking Vandy and SCar

They will get 1 or 2 from the following teams. They got Georgia last year so maybe they get a reprieve this year. 

Florida

Georgia

Kentucky 

Missouri 

Tennessee 

23 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yeah, let’s pit the worst p5 conference against the sec. That sounds totally normal and cool.

They're also hoping to play mid to lower tier teams in worst p5 conference, while Bam and Georgia take on the bigger fish.  

54 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They silence all this stuff. You really didn't even hear a peep about what happened with Vernon Jackson. He was beating up his ex-girlfriend for months. 

Fisher is very good at the "control your local town press/police" part of the job, and always has been. Now he gets to align that with the existing structure of Pravdaggy "journalism".

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Fisher is very good at the "control your local town press/police" part of the job, and always has been. Now he gets to align that with the existing structure of Pravdaggy "journalism".

Eh, he had a hard time with the FSU Rivals and 247 guys, especially Corey Clark at Rivals. He and Jimbo got into screaming matches over what Jimbo considered misrepresentations and unfair treatment. Clark used to write for the Tally paper and he called Jimbo out for misrepresenting why EJ Manuel was out. Manuel had a concussion at that time and Jimbo said it was for other reasons. Jimbo called Clark up and screamed at him for "questioning his integrity". Clark went right back at him. Jimbo didn't like that he got called on lying through his teeth.

I can't see any Aggy writers or pundits doing that. Deifying their coaches usually gets in the way of that.

Edited by TBGFL
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TBGFL said:

Eh, he had a hard time with the FSU Rivals and 247 guys, especially Corey Clark at Rivals. He and Jimbo got into screaming matches over what Jimbo considered misrepresentations and unfair treatment. One of their Rivals guys used to write for the Tally paper and he called Jimbo out for misrepresenting why EJ Manuel was out. Jimbo called him up and screamed at him for "questioning his integrity". The dude flat out lied and got called on it.

I can't see any Aggy writers or pundits doing that. Deifying their coaches usually gets in the way of that.

Yeah, Jimbo doesn’t have to do a thing in College Station. There’s not a single aggy publication that would bee question their fearless leader on an issue like this, regardless of who the coach is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Just look at how they handle Max Wright. There were a billion threads during the Baylor situation and they didn't lock or delete any of those threads. 

The moment it's one of their players......discussions are off limits. 

Imagine being feeble-minded enough to willingly pay money to Liucci/TexAgs so they can treat you like a North Korean citizen. 

Haven’t seen @bizzle in ages. I wonder if “there’s no internet acces in Canada” was code for the aggy sheeple’s army got wind of me running for the Surly border and took away my internet privileges. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Something tells me aggy had something to do with this

Such cowardly bullshit.  Earn the wins or shorten the season.  That's the whole reason games are played.  It's a shitty admission with no risk of injury, stats and further separates the haves from the have nots since the lesser conferences and teams have to earn their W's.  This isn't in the spirit of competition either--it's entitlement.  Bunch of redneck pussies.  They don't lie, cheat or PLAY.  No game, just gimme a W for not scrimmaging anybody.  They began their bowl year with automatic Ws.  That's championship fiber right there.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 6

The oversight committee:

Division Committee Positions Title Name & Institution Conference Term
Expiration

FBS   Member   AD   Doug Gillin
  Appalachian State University
  Sun Belt Conference JUN 2023
  FBS   Member   AD   Greg Byrne
  University of Alabama
  Southeastern Conference JUN 2021
  FBS   Member   AD   Mark Alnutt
  University at Buffalo, the State University of New York
  Mid-American Conference JUN 2023
  FBS   Member   AD   Mark Harlan
  University of Utah
  Pac-12 Conference JUN 2023
  FBS   Member   AD   Mike Hamrick
  Marshall University
  Conference USA JUN 2022
  FBS   Member   AD   Sandy Barbour
  Pennsylvania State University
  Big Ten Conference JUN 2022
  FBS   Chair   AD   Shane Lyons
  West Virginia University
  Big 12 Conference JUN 2022
  FBS   Member   AD   Troy Dannen
  Tulane University
  American Athletic Conference JUN 2024
  FBS   Member   AD   Whit Babcock
  Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
  Atlantic Coast Conference JUN 2021
  FBS   Member   Deputy Commissioner   Bret A. Gilliland
  Mountain West Conference
  Mountain West Conference JUN 2021
  FBS   Nonvoting   FAR   Frank Messina
  University of Alabama at Birmingham
  Conference USA JUN 2023
  FBS   Student-Athlete Rep.   Student-Athlete   Patrick Fields
  University of Oklahoma
  Big 12 Conference JUN 2021
  FCS   Member   AD   Jennifer Williams
  Alabama State University
  Southwestern Athletic Conf. JUN 2022
  FCS   Member   AD   Samantha Huge
  William & Mary
  Colonial Athletic Association JUN 2023
  FCS   Vice-Chair   Commissioner   Patty Viverito
  Missouri Valley Football Conference
  Missouri Valley Football Conference JUN 2022
  FCS   Member   SWA, Sr. Associate AD   Jean Gee
  University of Montana
  Big Sky Conference JUN 2022
  I   Member   AD   Greg Seitz
  Jacksonville State University
  Ohio Valley Conference AUG 2020
  I   Student-Athlete Rep.       Ryan Cassidy
  Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick
  Big Ten Conference MAY 2022
      Nonvoting   Executive Director   Todd Berry
  American Football Coaches Association

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The oversight committee:

Division Committee Positions Title Name & Institution Conference Term
Expiration

FBS   Member   AD   Doug Gillin
  Appalachian State University
  Sun Belt Conference JUN 2023
  FBS   Member   AD   Greg Byrne
  University of Alabama
  Southeastern Conference JUN 2021
  FBS   Member   AD   Mark Alnutt
  University at Buffalo, the State University of New York
  Mid-American Conference JUN 2023
  FBS   Member   AD   Mark Harlan
  University of Utah
  Pac-12 Conference JUN 2023
  FBS   Member   AD   Mike Hamrick
  Marshall University
  Conference USA JUN 2022
  FBS   Member   AD   Sandy Barbour
  Pennsylvania State University
  Big Ten Conference JUN 2022
  FBS   Chair   AD   Shane Lyons
  West Virginia University
  Big 12 Conference JUN 2022
  FBS   Member   AD   Troy Dannen
  Tulane University
  American Athletic Conference JUN 2024
  FBS   Member   AD   Whit Babcock
  Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
  Atlantic Coast Conference JUN 2021
  FBS   Member   Deputy Commissioner   Bret A. Gilliland
  Mountain West Conference
  Mountain West Conference JUN 2021
  FBS   Nonvoting   FAR   Frank Messina
  University of Alabama at Birmingham
  Conference USA JUN 2023
  FBS   Student-Athlete Rep.   Student-Athlete   Patrick Fields
  University of Oklahoma
  Big 12 Conference JUN 2021
  FCS   Member   AD   Jennifer Williams
  Alabama State University
  Southwestern Athletic Conf. JUN 2022
  FCS   Member   AD   Samantha Huge
  William & Mary
  Colonial Athletic Association JUN 2023
  FCS   Vice-Chair   Commissioner   Patty Viverito
  Missouri Valley Football Conference
  Missouri Valley Football Conference JUN 2022
  FCS   Member   SWA, Sr. Associate AD   Jean Gee
  University of Montana
  Big Sky Conference JUN 2022
  I   Member   AD   Greg Seitz
  Jacksonville State University
  Ohio Valley Conference AUG 2020
  I   Student-Athlete Rep.       Ryan Cassidy
  Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick
  Big Ten Conference MAY 2022
      Nonvoting   Executive Director   Todd Berry
  American Football Coaches Association

Four separate Alabama public universities represented across 18 positions, that's good work right there.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

QB; interesting. They will recruit any position football player to play cornerback, but a cornerback.  And they will most definitely be from out of state. 

Jalen Green played QB like most kids who are the best athletes on their team, so there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Of course he's from OOS though.

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

On the positive side, he clearly has the speed for the position, and is only getting faster.

image.thumb.png.493a0080d02310969274095207f81d91.png

Jamier Johnson has middling track numbers: SLOOOOOOOOOW, Chappelle is so much faster and therefore better

Arkansas kid has middle track numbers: There's so much room for improvement! If anything it makes him more projectable!

• Like 1

Stop me if you've heard this somewhere before ... 

Dreyden Norwood is a guy that most teams have been recruiting at S but aggy will have at CB. 

Originally rated a .949 composite and 93 on 247 as a Soph but has faded over time as his track times revealed a limited athlete. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Dreyden Norwood is a guy that most teams have been recruiting at S but aggy will have at CB. 

Originally rated a .949 composite and 93 on 247 as a Soph but has faded over time as his track times revealed a limited athlete. 

Jimbo wants size at CB stupid sip!

Still trying to figure out which big time recruit they are going to land this class.  The composite average is currently below .90 with 12 commits and they can only take 11 more factoring in the 2 counters of Phillips and Crownover.  I'm guessing meh' takes like D. Crownover, Taleeq Robbins, and Amari Daniels will eventually be a part of this class.  Maybe LJ will be the big get this class.  Outside of Wykoff and maaayyybe Harmon, I wouldn't want anybody else they currently have.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Still trying to figure out which big time recruit they are going to land this class.  The composite average is currently below .90 with 12 commits and they can only take 11 more factoring in the 2 counters of Phillips and Crownover.  I'm guessing meh' takes like D. Crownover, Taleeq Robbins, and Amari Daniels will eventually be a part of this class.  Maybe LJ will be the big get this class.  Outside of Wykoff and maaayyybe Harmon, I wouldn't want anybody else they currently have.

Tywone Malone is the guy that they are in on that is really good and that I'd like to have. Like you, I'd take Wykoff and Harmon as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Tywone Malone is the guy that they are in on that is really good and that I'd like to have. Like you, I'd take Wykoff and Harmon as well. 

No crystal ball picks for Malone, but on Rivaks he has 4 future cast picks to tOSU, all from late May and spread out over last month.

went to aggy 247 and was not disappointed in the reactions. A LOT of talk about how fast he is and that they love these sticky CBs that Rushing is getting. How they are finally getting some cover 1 CBs. So I go to the HUDL - first highlight is Norwood playing 15 yards off the WR at CB, the WR is open under him and the QB overthrows him and Norwood gets the INT. Then --- it's him playing QB for the entire video - excluding like 2 plays in run support, none of them showing a sticky CB or a guy with any DB skills at all. He plays deep and facing the ball on the few defensive snaps you get.  

fantastic. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, golfclap said:

went to aggy 247 and was not disappointed in the reactions. A LOT of talk about how fast he is and that they love these sticky CBs that Rushing is getting. How they are finally getting some cover 1 CBs. So I go to the HUDL - first highlight is Norwood playing 15 yards off the WR at CB, the WR is open under him and the QB overthrows him and Norwood gets the INT. Then --- it's him playing QB for the entire video - excluding like 2 plays in run support, none of them showing a sticky CB or a guy with any DB skills at all. He plays deep and facing the ball on the few defensive snaps you get.  

fantastic. 

How's it compare to Jalen Green's, given he also played QB/CB?