Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Oof. This is rough. A new QB will behind this OL in 2021...

866314-F6-FB43-418-D-9-C6-A-30-E02-E6323

Now imagine an immobile, barely 50% passer in Calzada or King behind that.

That may very well be the worst offense in the SEC West with the way Arky and the Mississippi schools are trending.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, Lobwedgephil said:

- I spoke to a pair of sources today surrounding the recruitment of Beggs (OK) S Kendal Daniels. I know Looch provided an update on his feel of the situation in a thread earlier, but I've been able to gather intel to piggyback on his claims of this thing trending in A&M's way. The reason for that, as I was told, is due to the work of Mike Elko and Ish Aristide over the course of the recruiting process. It's been immense, and it's been tireless. The highly touted safety has built an unparalleled rapport with the Aggie staff, and the conversations with the defensive coaches, as well as with Jimbo Fisher, has been consistent both in its message and timing.

Can we talk a second about this piece of writing from Brauniger.  Jesus Christ - anything to fill out the minimum word count I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, NoName said:

and the transition class somehow finds a way to look even worse...

Lulz. That class is a fucking dumpster fire. It’s a perfect example of Herman warning against star chasing during his 2017 transition class. 

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Oof. This is rough. A new QB will behind this OL in 2021...

866314-F6-FB43-418-D-9-C6-A-30-E02-E6323

You know when an aggy writer says things like “It’s not exactly the best position as far as outlook” it really means “holy shit, we are fucking screwed at that position.”  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Should we play tu again? KKL makes an appearance - "Players generally that would like Herman are not Jimbo types anyway"

Reveal hidden contents

EdomcAaX0AEXAwp?format=png&name=360x360EdomcsYXYAAGz8Y?format=jpg&name=360x360EdomdYKWoAA11iM?format=jpg&name=360x360EdomeVcX0AMJVT0?format=png&name=360x360EdompPEWsAAAswm?format=png&name=360x360EdomrqYXkAE7zci?format=png&name=360x360

There is only 1 reason aggy doesn't want to play Texas, they know deep down Texas would beat them 70% of the time.

This notion that we should never play them again... I don’t get it. We beat the shit out of them historically. My brother went to A&M and we both hosted each other for games. I had a fucking blast playing them, maybe because we were 3-1 against them, but nonetheless it’s a Texan game through and through. I get aggy is stupid and ran away and blah blah blah but still... that’s a non-con “SEC” win 5/7 (being generous) times 

On 7/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz. That class is a fucking dumpster fire. It’s a perfect example of Herman warning against star chasing during his 2017 transition class. 

You know when an aggy writer says things like “It’s not exactly the best position as far as outlook” it really means “holy shit, we are fucking screwed at that position.”  

Pretty much.  I think the interior linemen will be fine-- we've recruited enough of them.  Not confident we have anyone capable of doing a good job at LT for this and next year.  I think K. Green will be forced into RT, whether or not that's the right spot for him in the end.  It's been a tough run at LT.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/22/2020 at 7:35 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

They had a topic about Desmond Watson ( another 350+ lb DT ) and the board was in unison preferring him over Vaka.

I love Watson's tape.  I'm not sure he couldn't play meaningful snaps at 350, but if he dropped 30lbs, he could be incredible.  He's going to Florida, so it doesn't matter, anyway, but I liked him a lot.

I'm a little torn on the game.  I enjoy rivalry games, and this would definitely be one to get excited for.  More people seem to be against it than for it, though, for a variety of reasons.  We already play too many "good" teams, not wanting to elevate you guys (although the games against LSU have already put you against the conference), potential damaging effects of a loss/no gains from a win, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I'm a little torn on the game.  I enjoy rivalry games, and this would definitely be one to get excited for.  More people seem to be against it than for it, though, for a variety of reasons.  We already play too many "good" teams, not wanting to elevate you guys (although the games against LSU have already put you against the conference), potential damaging effects of a loss/no gains from a win, etc.

Just a bunch of excuses.. neither team has challenged for a CFP spot, it won't hurt the conference record, standings.  Just do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29203442kk72rn2ix2iy

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

"A&m plays 3 to 4 serious national contenders every year in the sec"

That person really believes this?

Yeah... no.  I'd say 2 is normal most years.  Maybe 3 if Malzahn happens to be able to put a team together in any particular year or when we have to play Georgia.

It may have been 4 contenders overall last year-- lsu, bama, georgia and clemson-- but thankfully, that won't be normal.  While its not within the conference, I'm glad to be done with clemson.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Just a bunch of excuses.. neither team has challenged for a CFP spot, it won't hurt the conference record, standings.  Just do it.

That's true.  It would certainly help the winner.  Not sure if the benefits of winning outweigh the costs of losing (putting you guys closer to a playoff spot, for example) to many of our fans, though.

14 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

That's true.  It would certainly help the winner.  Not sure if the benefits of winning outweigh the costs of losing (putting you guys closer to a playoff spot, for example) to many of our fans, though.

Benefits?  It's the two largest schools in the State, they played for over a hundred years, it needs to happen again.  It's just bragging rights, we can discuss how much it hindered one of our true CFP berths whenever that actually happens.

31 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I'm just the messenger... IMO, you have gains from every win.  Their rational, as I understand it, is that sec teams should, by and large, beat big 12 teams.

And when they don't, you can just magically claim that "they didn't want to be there" and it all goes away, right?

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

When who didn't want to be where?

He's referring to the "Georgia didn't want to be there" stuff we saw from your aggy contemporaries regarding our Sugar Bowl win a few years ago. After shitting the bed last year and COVID making time stand still, that game feels like a decade ago. 

• Hook 'Em 2