Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

29 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Loochi is typing up his first draft now...

“The cowardice of the Big 10 has forced A&M to face one of the hardest schedules in the country for a second year in a row. A&M was poised to make a championship run in Jimbo Fisher’s 3rd year, but with A&M adding huge games against SEC East power Florida and the always dangerous Missouri, the Aggies task became that much harder. With the Aggies retuning its star QB in Kellen Mond, all SEC TE Jalen Wydermer, and a stacked defense run by Elko, they have a chance to make a special season. If they can manage to navigate this daunting all SEC schedule, with huge games against the likes of Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and LSU, if the Aggies could go 2-2 or even 3-1, then Jimbo Fisher and the Ags will have a chance at the playoffs, and primed for a championship run in 2021, or 2022 or 2023.”

or 20XX.

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Tennessee is warm dogshit. They lost to Georgia State last year. South Carolina lost to Tennessee. Muschamp is stealing money. i don’t care what you say, Kentucky can’t pass. You can tell me Missouri will be better, but I won’t believe it. 

Tennessee actually played good to decent ball down the stretch last year after a nightmare start. I have no idea what they lost or return, but their not completely tanking after what happened against Georgia Southern and BYU bodes well for them. They really gave Bama a game. I think they are on the upswing a bit. 

Aggie 247 / Brian Perroni / Heads up on Monkell Goodwine

(And note from Bama 247)

Spoiler

Heads up on Monkell Goodwine

Brian Perroni

Goodwine says he is close to making a commitment. When I made my Crystal Ball prediction, I said that A&M and Alabama have been the two teams that have consistently been there the whole time. However, it did not look like Alabama was going to push too hard for him. That appears to have changed. The following was posted by Tim Watts on the Alabama board tonight and the Tide could definitely have impacted things for sure.

UPDATE: Goodwine is an interesting kid that is another guy that has swings in his thoughts and recruitment. He is announcing Aug. 15.

Sources close to Monkell Goodwine indicate that Alabama is trending in a big way for the Maryland native. Texas A&M has also recruited him hard and some felt could be the leader if Alabama did not make a push. Clemson offered Goodwine soon after Korey Foreman de-committed, and a source close to Goodwine said the Tigers staff told him he was the number one guy on their board at that position. From the Alabama standpoint, the Tide staff has done a really good job collectively in recruiting Goodwine. Sal Sunseri has the lead, but Charles Huff (there goes that name again) also laid the ground work and has strong connections in that area.

Alabama was a team Goodwine singled out early. With his announcement of a commitment coming soon, it seems the best time for the Tide to be trending, and with that in mind I will also add a Crystal Ball pick for Alabama.

image.thumb.png.e7bd762d05a3c80bbf17ad2613691dc2.png

image.thumb.png.f940c27cc56e7aea79d66dc3c670bd79.png

image.thumb.png.0f9e9c48929d649ab74f7830f7b89dfc.png

FROM BAMA 247

image.thumb.png.bb84c7505ae7123b17c39cff8ae0e023.png

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggie 247 / Brian Perroni / Heads up on Monkell Goodwine

(And note from Bama 247)

Reveal hidden contents

Heads up on Monkell Goodwine

Brian Perroni

Goodwine says he is close to making a commitment. When I made my Crystal Ball prediction, I said that A&M and Alabama have been the two teams that have consistently been there the whole time. However, it did not look like Alabama was going to push too hard for him. That appears to have changed. The following was posted by Tim Watts on the Alabama board tonight and the Tide could definitely have impacted things for sure.

UPDATE: Goodwine is an interesting kid that is another guy that has swings in his thoughts and recruitment. He is announcing Aug. 15.

Sources close to Monkell Goodwine indicate that Alabama is trending in a big way for the Maryland native. Texas A&M has also recruited him hard and some felt could be the leader if Alabama did not make a push. Clemson offered Goodwine soon after Korey Foreman de-committed, and a source close to Goodwine said the Tigers staff told him he was the number one guy on their board at that position. From the Alabama standpoint, the Tide staff has done a really good job collectively in recruiting Goodwine. Sal Sunseri has the lead, but Charles Huff (there goes that name again) also laid the ground work and has strong connections in that area.

Alabama was a team Goodwine singled out early. With his announcement of a commitment coming soon, it seems the best time for the Tide to be trending, and with that in mind I will also add a Crystal Ball pick for Alabama.

image.thumb.png.e7bd762d05a3c80bbf17ad2613691dc2.png

image.thumb.png.f940c27cc56e7aea79d66dc3c670bd79.png

image.thumb.png.0f9e9c48929d649ab74f7830f7b89dfc.png

FROM BAMA 247

image.thumb.png.bb84c7505ae7123b17c39cff8ae0e023.png

tenor.gif?itemid=17247714

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Tennessee is warm dogshit. They lost to Georgia State last year. South Carolina lost to Tennessee. Muschamp is stealing money. i don’t care what you say, Kentucky can’t pass. You can tell me Missouri will be better, but I won’t believe it. 

If it’s Florida and Georgia (I’d be shocked theyd do Georgia 3 straight years) I wonder when (never) we’ll hear Looch decry the obvious SEC agenda and bias in the SEC offices when it comes to the aggies. You know the shit we still never stop hearing about the fucking BiG 12 and Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It looks like Bama mods/posters still think Shemar will have a spot, but I'm wondering if that depends on whether or not they'll be able to land Foreman, Tuimoloau, or Tunmise late

You never really know who Bama will end up taking when the class starts to fill up

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.32b00048558aa33b358656cc44de79da.png

On 7/25/2020 at 5:35 PM, jordanaggie said:

We are feeling pretty confident about this one.

On 7/25/2020 at 5:38 PM, Neonmoon said:

Probably because those Bama and Clemson offers are not committable. He’s a good prospect though. 

On 7/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, jordanaggie said:

Who would you take in texas for his spot?

On 7/25/2020 at 6:44 PM, Scholz said:

Landon Jackson

Jordan Thomas

Shemar Turner

Marcus Burris

On 7/25/2020 at 7:48 PM, jordanaggie said:

We whiffed on Jackson. I never heard much on Jordan Thomas, I assumed we were just keeping him warm. We are working on Turner, but he'll be tough to get. Not sure on Burris, although i think we could land him if we pushed-- his injury worries me a little, which I suspect is why ou backed off. 

Monkell likes us. A bird in the hand...

On 7/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, Getafix said:

Perroni with the A&M CB for Goodwine (conf. - 6).

9 hours ago, Here’s the deal said:

He’s a take for Bama now according to 247. Leaning away from aggies.

Life comes at you pretty fast...

There was a reason he was trending towards you. He had a top 5 of Alabama, Clemson, A&M, Kentucky, Arizona State. Alabama & Clemson were not committable offers at the time. Kentucky, Arizona State, & A&M were. And out of those 3 offers, A&M was willing to play the game. The game is very obvious.  He's still playing it (See tweet). You could still win this recruitment, but I doubt you're willing to go over the top for him. Good luck

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Life comes at you pretty fast...

There was a reason he was trending towards you. He had a top 5 of Alabama, Clemson, A&M, Kentucky, Arizona State. Alabama & Clemson were not committable offers at the time. Kentucky, Arizona State, & A&M were. And out of those 3 offers, A&M was willing to play the game. The game is very obvious.  He's still playing it (See tweet). You could still win this recruitment, but I doubt you're willing to go over the top for him. Good luck

I hope he got at least a couple bags from Jimbo and Co. before committing to Bama.

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So aggy AD acts like he's not in the loop??  Great recruiting pitch...   HaHaHaHa!!!

Hahaha it's all about spin. He's technically not wrong. "No one from there has asked ME to play them". Pretty sure we approached them before Bjork got there, they ran scared, we scheduled Bama instead, and it hasn't officially been discussed since.  He's trying to spin the narrative away from "aggy ran scared".

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

He's trying to spin the narrative away from "aggy ran scared".

Of course.  Everyone knows what time it is though.

Also, Herman just provided a public and implicit offer to play in that interview so Bjork is a dumbass liar anyway.

Edited by Scholz

@jordanaggie

I want your honest thoughts about Jimbo?  You know he's going to bring your program in the gutter right?  When you watch that slow boring offense, does it not make you worry that your league is starting to emulate the Big 12 just like the NFL is now doing?  Jimbo took a high scoring offense Sumlin had put together and has now managed to completely deplete the OL talent on your roster?  How do you guys plan on competing with teams like LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, Arky that have shifted to the spread?  How is Jimbo's 7-5 and 8-5 record any different than Sumlin?  You guys went from getting a 5 star QB every year to JAGs.  You cannot highlight any decent WRs in that offense.  You guys have good TEs forsure for which this offense is great.  This offense is also very RB friendly, yet you guys cannot get a single decent RB to commit.  LJ Johnson would be the first in 3 years for you guys.

I'm just ask these questions because as a longhorn fan, Charlie completely destroyed our program with an outdated, unimaginative offense, in a league where you need to score 40+ points a game to win.  He also depleted our roster of any talent.  Herman has turned the roster over big time, but most of us are not convinced he'll be the guy to win us a championship.  You don't see us sucking his dick.  Yet Jimbo has been basically shut out from in-state recruits, cannot beat any decent team with a record above .500, has taken a spread offense you guys had that was very friendly to Texas skill player and has somehow managed to create the most boring offense I've seen in a while.   Why does your fanbase still suck his dick?  and Why the fuck did you guys guarantee him 75 million after you saw him leave FSU in shambles both with their roster, their wins, and his program almost failing the ncaa standards of athletes passing their courses? 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Removing 4 wins with 2 toss ups really throws a wrench in the Great Scheduling Coup of 2020

You think Florida is a toss up?  

And if the game is @ Missouri with what they have coming back I'd take them as well.

It's not completely out of the question that they'll lose or struggle to win every game this year minus maybe Vandy, and even they have every starter back on defense.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

10 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Removing 4 wins with 2 toss ups really throws a wrench in the Great Scheduling Coup of 2020

Go ahead and pencil them in as 5-5.  Regression to their historical in conference .500 record mean.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Go ahead and pencil them in as 5-5.  Regression to their historical in conference .500 record mean.

With this proposed schedule I see losses to Bama', LSU, Auburn, and Florida.  One of Leech or Kiffin will get them.  I also wouldn't bet against Mizzou or Kentucky if they have to play them.  Probably eek out wins against Arky and @ South Car and beat Vandy by 17-20.   

Aggy may return a bunch of starters, but it's still the same dog shit OL, mediocre QB, thin RB room, not much of a pass rush, and suspect secondary.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Typical formula:  very average SEC teams go 8-4 by beating 4 cupcakes and 4 very average SEC mates and lose to 4 good/great SEC teams while yo-yoing in the top 25 with a winning record and "good" losses.

It will be intersting to see the Covid formula of those very average SEC teams going 5-5 and the yo-yoing in the top 25

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

@jordanaggie

I want your honest thoughts about Jimbo?  You know he's going to bring your program in the gutter right?  When you watch that slow boring offense, does it not make you worry that your league is starting to emulate the Big 12 just like the NFL is now doing?  Jimbo took a high scoring offense Sumlin had put together and has now managed to completely deplete the OL talent on your roster?  How do you guys plan on competing with teams like LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, Arky that have shifted to the spread?  How is Jimbo's 7-5 and 8-5 record any different than Sumlin?  You guys went from getting a 5 star QB every year to JAGs.  You cannot highlight any decent WRs in that offense.  You guys have good TEs forsure for which this offense is great.  This offense is also very RB friendly, yet you guys cannot get a single decent RB to commit.  LJ Johnson would be the first in 3 years for you guys.

I'm just ask these questions because as a longhorn fan, Charlie completely destroyed our program with an outdated, unimaginative offense, in a league where you need to score 40+ points a game to win.  He also depleted our roster of any talent.  Herman has turned the roster over big time, but most of us are not convinced he'll be the guy to win us a championship.  You don't see us sucking his dick.  Yet Jimbo has been basically shut out from in-state recruits, cannot beat any decent team with a record above .500, has taken a spread offense you guys had that was very friendly to Texas skill player and has somehow managed to create the most boring offense I've seen in a while.   Why does your fanbase still suck his dick?  and Why the fuck did you guys guarantee him 75 million after you saw him leave FSU in shambles both with their roster, their wins, and his program almost failing the ncaa standards of athletes passing their courses? 

You left off that Jimbo Mack Browned FSU's program too--quit while still under contract.  He basically quit recruiting, coaching, or caring and along with Meemaw, punched a ticket out of there, to the tune of $75 million.  Mack's ticket was to the commentator booth.  Jimbo is getting rich for not losing to sub .500 teams.  That's a hell of an expectation.  Maybe at the end, he'll get a job in the booth, or coach a lower tier team or be an assistant/consultant.  Les Miles took KU after LSU, so all bets are off as to Jimbo's landing.  But aggy going all in on the East Coast in a talent rich state should be an indicator that the ride/program is nearing its precipice stage.  Looch spinning it as aggy recruiting nationally isn't the same as an OU program that resides in Oklahoma.      

Edited by Mdhorn

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"How cool is it that we recruit with the big boys?" "Highly ranked talent... isn't signing up to play Kansas and Baylor"

Reveal hidden contents

EeLzngoXoAAWBrm?format=jpg&name=360x360EeLzntwXYAAGZu3?format=jpg&name=360x360EeLzobvWAAAfIep?format=jpg&name=360x360EeMB732X0AIn8-T?format=jpg&name=360x360

The irony is aggy doesn't realize that aggy IS the Kansas and Baylor of the SEC that these guys are going to Bama to play against.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1