Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

Spoiler

Liucci

1:34p 

Staff

AG

-Been talking to some folks and it still sounds like the ten conference games only is going to happen. To be announced later today if my morning intel was accurate. Here's what it sounds like:

Ten conference games only.
Season starts weekend of 9/26.
Regular season ends weekend of 12/5.
SEC title game 12/19.  
If make up games are needed, they can be played weekend of 12/12.

-What is still a little murky is how they're going to choose every team's additional conference opponents. Yesterday, it was making the rounds that each team would simply line up their next two crossover foes ('21 and '22). In the Ags' case, that's Missouri and Florida. Since then, I've been hearing that the first thing the league will try to do is avoid teams playing their crossover from last year (for A&M, that's Georgia). But also heard the next thing they'll attempt is avoid next year's crossover (Missouri). If that ends up winning out, you're looking at A&M likely playing two of the three between UF, Tennessee and Kentucky. Tougher sledding, indeed.

-In semi-related news, the Aggies and Longhorns are not meeting on the field, no matter how hard Chris Del Conte and Tom Herman whine about to the media. However, the rivalry is alive and well behind the scenes, as wanna-be mountain man 'CDC' is going to have to walk back his previous claims of 50% capacity at DKR. You see, it's sounding more and more like 25% is going to be the reality in Travis County. Meanwhile, A&M has maintained they'd shoot for 50% at Kyle Field all along, with fans being able to decide whether attending games was right for them or not. I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???

So try and predict Texas' current play. Yep, you guessed it. They're almost certainly going to attempt to go the political route, likely asking our Longhorn Governor to exert a little behind-the-scenes leverage on TAMU brass to go along with the other in-state programs at 25%. I don't think it's going to work, but we'll see. Stay tuned.

-Speaking of the Horns, have you guys noticed the pitiful army of talking heads spouting off their typical envious nonsense over the past few days? These blowhards are so excited about being able to lose the LSU game in Baton Rouge and play what will probably be an all-Big 12 slate plus maybe a conf-vs-conf one-off with someone like the Mountain West yet they're going all-in the other way and are now talking smack about the SEC doing exactly what the B1G and Pac-12 are planning to do. The collection of Burnt Orange mouthpieces are actually bragging about playing an easier schedule while other programs' slates are actually getting infinitely tougher and don't even realize how apropos and on-brand this all is.

Better hope you avoid Boise State, Hermie.

1 minute ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

-Been talking to some folks and it still sounds like the ten conference games only is going to happen. To be announced later today if my morning intel was accurate. Here's what it sounds like:

Ten conference games only.
Season starts weekend of 9/26.
Regular season ends weekend of 12/5.
SEC title game 12/19.  
If make up games are needed, they can be played weekend of 12/12.

-What is still a little murky is how they're going to choose every team's additional conference opponents. Yesterday, it was making the rounds that each team would simply line up their next two crossover foes ('21 and '22). In the Ags' case, that's Missouri and Florida. Since then, I've been hearing that the first thing the league will try to do is avoid teams playing their crossover from last year (for A&M, that's Georgia). But also heard the next thing they'll attempt is avoid next year's crossover (Missouri). If that ends up winning out, you're looking at A&M likely playing two of the three between UF, Tennessee and Kentucky. Tougher sledding, indeed.

-In semi-related news, the Aggies and Longhorns are not meeting on the field, no matter how hard Chris Del Conte and Tom Herman whine about to the media. However, the rivalry is alive and well behind the scenes, as wanna-be mountain man 'CDC' is going to have to walk back his previous claims of 50% capacity at DKR. You see, it's sounding more and more like 25% is going to be the reality in Travis County. Meanwhile, A&M has maintained they'd shoot for 50% at Kyle Field all along, with fans being able to decide whether attending games was right for them or not. I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???

So try and predict Texas' current play. Yep, you guessed it. They're almost certainly going to attempt to go the political route, likely asking our Longhorn Governor to exert a little behind-the-scenes leverage on TAMU brass to go along with the other in-state programs at 25%. I don't think it's going to work, but we'll see. Stay tuned.

-Speaking of the Horns, have you guys noticed the pitiful army of talking heads spouting off their typical envious nonsense over the past few days? These blowhards are so excited about being able to lose the LSU game in Baton Rouge and play what will probably be an all-Big 12 slate plus maybe a conf-vs-conf one-off with someone like the Mountain West yet they're going all-in the other way and are now talking smack about the SEC doing exactly what the B1G and Pac-12 are planning to do. The collection of Burnt Orange mouthpieces are actually bragging about playing an easier schedule while other programs' slates are actually getting infinitely tougher and don't even realize how apropos and on-brand this all is.

Better hope you avoid Boise State, Hermie.

Lol he does trust his readers to never read a UT outlet. They've been uniformly upset about losing the Baton Rouge game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

You see, it's sounding more and more like 25% is going to be the reality in Travis County. Meanwhile, A&M has maintained they'd shoot for 50% at Kyle Field all along, with fans being able to decide whether attending games was right for them or not. I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???

Is he really trying to use safe social distancing as rivalry smack? wtf?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Meanwhile, A&M has maintained they'd shoot for 50% at Kyle Field all along, with fans being able to decide whether attending games was right for them or not. I'm expecting the Ags to stick with that, which will place a great deal of pressure on the Texas decision-makers, who would catch an incredible amount of heat from their season ticket holders. Can you imagine if A&M is playing at 50% capacity and Texas half that???

-Speaking of the Horns, have you guys noticed the pitiful army of talking heads spouting off their typical envious nonsense over the past few days? These blowhards are so excited about being able to lose the LSU game in Baton Rouge and play what will probably be an all-Big 12 slate plus maybe a conf-vs-conf one-off with someone like the Mountain West

This post is from Bizarro World. Looch is a fucking headcase. I haven't heard anyone griping about the possible 25% capacity vs. 50%. It is what it is if Travis County/Austin rule that's how it has to be. I also haven't seen a single poster happy that we would lose LSU from our schedule.

Looch, stop pulling everything out of your ass except your head!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Close - let's use his own words while assessing JUCO CB Marco Domio (who ended up at Auburn, btw) 

Daddy98-Beanbag.png

The Domio recruitment was funny to watch. At one point he gave a silent to LSU, and then they kept waiting on him to announce while he kept telling them it was coming, and eventually they just moved on from him after awhile of him not announcing

His hudl was good 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Close - let's use his own words while assessing JUCO CB Marco Domio (who ended up at Auburn, btw) 

Daddy98-Beanbag.png

Before the KKL thread existed, I thought this post was the pinnacle of disturbing mental images from posts on aggy boards. 

I could not have been more wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So no Florida and Missouri. But if "SOS" is what is determining opponents A&M is getting one of the better SEC East teams because they already have two of the weakest SEC opponents in Vanderbilt and South Carolina. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

So no Florida and Missouri. But if "SOS" is what is determining opponents A&M is getting one of the better SEC East teams because they already have two of the weakest SEC opponents in Vanderbilt and South Carolina. 

So since they have the bottom 2 from the east on the schedule they should get Florida and Georgia.

If you go by the standings, the worst case would be the addition of Missouri and Kentucky, and even that would be quite an add.  The least difficult could be if they manage to cherry pick and add Miss and Tenn. Any two of FLA, GA and KY would be a kick to their groin ... so yeah, rooting for that.

56 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Well aggy is already playing the 2 dregs from the East in South Carolina and Vanderbilt, and really the 5 other teams in that division are all the same or better than aggy. I would pick Georgia and Florida to win home or road, and I would give Tennessee, Kentucky, and Missouri the advantage at home. So please let aggy get Florida at home, and one of the other 3 on the road.

From SEC Rant.  Dear God please let it happen.

He’s based it on the most even overall SOS

Friend in Birmingham sent over his notes of what's been discussed.

Couldn't figure out how to upload, but this is what he sent. All currently scheduled conference games will stay intact, with two additional weeks added up front. Not sure how the other games will be shuffled.

Team--------Extra Game 1-------Extra Game 2
Alabama----Kentucky-----------Missouri
Arkansas---Vanderbilt---------Kentucky
Auburn------Missouri-----------Florida
Florida------Texas A&M----------Auburn
Georgia-----Mississippi State--Texas A&M
Kentucky----Alabama------------Arkansas
LSU----------Tennessee----------Vanderbilt
Miss State--Georgia------------South Carolina
Missouri-----Auburn-------------Alabama
Ole Miss-----South Carolina-----Tennessee
SCar---------Ole Miss-----------Miss State
Tennessee--LSU----------------Ole Miss
Texas A&M--Florida------------Georgia
Vanderbilt---Arkansas-----------LSU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Looking forward to saban’s choices.

Told ya. Bama with Mizzou and Kentucky if that’s right. The only team in the west that doesn’t have bama on its schedule somehow has a tough SoS so they get an easier extra two. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1