Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

6 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The irony is aggy doesn't realize that aggy IS the Kansas and Baylor of the SEC that these guys are going to Bama to play against.

That has just GOT to be Kevin Kubeschki.  "How cool is it that we compete against the big boys in recruiting and there are probably only a handful of teams that can beat us for a kid we want and most of those are in our conference?  Advantage: A&M."

• Hook 'Em 1

Gigem On Shemar

I'll have a full update in the morning.

-He says he talks to all five of his finalists pretty much every day. He talks to all five head coaches pretty regularly too. With A&M, he mainly is in contact with Price and he likes Price.

-LSU has told him he will likely be a DT. A&M and Texas have said a combination of DE and DT. He says that his trainer told him, with his current size and athleticism, he's likely a DT longterm. He's okay with that and likes the idea of being a quick player on the interior.

-Turner says that, if there are official visits, he wants to take them all and then decide at the end of his senior season or at the Under Armour game. If visits aren't allowed, he will probably do it sooner. He has never been to two of his finalists - LSU and Georgia.

-Turner is the first recruit I've heard talk at length about the Name and Image Likeness (NIL) that will go into effect in the 2021 season. He actually mentioned that as the main thing A&M talked to him about. He says he likes the idea of it at A&M because of how big the Aggie Network is. He says all schools have mentioned it but A&M has really been using it as a selling point.

-He did not tip his hand too much about leaders or anything out of the five schools - A&M, Alabama, Georgia, LSU and Texas - but I keep hearing from multiple folks that the Aggies are very much in this and could be in the best position. Alabama and Texas are major players, too. LSU could be but I just haven't heard a ton. I have not really heard anything about UGA.

• Hook 'Em 2

If the following assumptions are correct, I think there's a decent chance that A&M gets both Florida and Georgia added to their schedule

- If strength of the already scheduled two SECE games matters

- If the 2021 SECE matchup is eliminated for 2020 consideration 

- If Bill Connelly's preseason rankings from February are somewhat close to how the SEC views the schedules (Georgia 4th, Florida 7th, Tennessee 19th, Kentucky 28th, South Carolina 35th, Missouri 49th, Vanderbilt 101); even if you disagree with the national rankings, I think the teams' relative rankings to each other probably is more or less accurate

A&M has by far the easiest two games, with Vanderbilt (7th/7) and South Carolina (5th); Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Arkansas probably have arguments for the 2-4th easiest schedules, while LSU has the third toughest, Auburn second toughest, and Bama the toughest. 

Given that LSU, Bama, and Auburn already play either Florida or Georgia, I think that eliminates getting the other of Florida/Georgia

Arkansas has an easy schedule but can't play Georgia since they get them next year, so they're getting Florida

I think Bama and Auburn have a decent chance of both getting Vanderbilt, by far the weakest team of the seven, since they have the toughest schedules, although the SEC could give Vanderbilt to LSU, which would screw this up for me 

Anyway, using the assumptions, I think it makes the most sense for the following games to be added

A&M: Georgia, Florida

Alabama: Vanderbilt, South Carolina

Arkansas: Florida, Kentucky

Auburn: Vanderbilt, Missouri 

LSU: Tennessee, Missouri

Mississippi State: Florida, Tennessee

Ole Miss: South Carolina, Kentucky

Edited by Fud
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Fud said:

Anyway, using the assumptions, I think it makes the most sense for the following games to be added

A&M: Georgia, Florida

Alabama: Vanderbilt, South Carolina

Arkansas: Florida, Kentucky

Auburn: Vanderbilt, Missouri 

LSU: Tennessee, Missouri

Mississippi State: Florida, Tennessee

Ole Miss: South Carolina, Kentucky

You have Florida playing 11 games.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Still only looks like 8 to me.

I didn't include the already scheduled two SECE games for each team in my post, which should be easy to look up if you're curious. A&M has Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:19 PM, texifornia said:

Terrion Arnold stuff (featuring Karen getting big mad)

Hide contents

EZnU_zAXYAExvlt?format=jpg&name=360x360EZnVAOCWkAIo7HQ?format=jpg&name=360x360EZnVAo5XQAIdo53?format=png&name=360x360EZnVBEWWkAAKPm9?format=jpg&name=360x360

On 6/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, TBGFL said:

They don't have a prayer with Terrion Arnold. He's Bama or FSU bound.

Not so fast my friend

EeRXlvaWoAE3ki9?format=jpg&name=small

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

She probably needs to quit putting her personal info/travel plans out there in the public space. It’s obvious she’s going to make a drop and is inviting a carjacking.

But a dognapping would be in the best interests for Norman, so it balances out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

@RGBIII sounds like the hot tub will be available this weekend and you’re in the neighborhood. Might as well stop by for a quick dip. 

You could pay me a million dollars per sheep in collie station and it wouldn't be enough to dip a toe in that hot tub. Who knows what kind of hellacious COVID-20 ass shit resides in there...Just a gangrenous blend of stagnant depression coochie water, box wine and leftover peanut butter that Norman missed 

team america vomit GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

You could pay me a million dollars per sheep in collie station and it wouldn't be enough to dip a toe in that hot tub. Who knows what kind of hellacious COVID-20 ass shit resides in there...Just a gangrenous blend of stagnant depression coochie water, box wine and leftover peanut butter that Norman missed 

team america vomit GIF

You could always just go drop a Warehime in it...

• Hook 'Em 1

aggy AD Bjork whining like the bitch he is haha

“I’m on record saying that if we’re playing South Carolina, why not play North Texas,” Bjork said during a Zoom media availability Friday morning, “and I do believe in that, from a protocol, safety standpoint.”

7 minutes ago, Scholz said:

aggy AD Bjork whining like the bitch he is haha

“I’m on record saying that if we’re playing South Carolina, why not play North Texas,” Bjork said during a Zoom media availability Friday morning, “and I do believe in that, from a protocol, safety standpoint.”

How great would it be if the Big 12 sticks with a 12 game schedule and we get 3 cupcakes while aggy has to drop them and add potentially Florida and Georgia?  Even a conference +1 adds/keeps a cupcake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

LOL..  bet ol Billy is typing up a piece to compliment that statement as we speak

He's too busy deleting all those posts about how the B1G conference champion should be left out of the playoff since they went to a conference only schedule before it was cool.

Spoiler

Liucci

6:21p 

Staff

AG

On Saturday, Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies added another key piece to the 2021 recruiting puzzle - and a rapidly-intensifying Wrecking Crew reboot - when Beggs, Oklahoma safety Kendal Daniels chose A&M over OU and finalists LSU and Clemson.  

If you want to know what a big addition this was for Fisher, Mike Elko, Ish Aristide and Co. take a look at that list of finalists again. It's three of last season's four-team playoff field plus the Maroon & White. Future CFP berths is what Fisher is building towards and winning intensely competitive recruiting battles like the one the Ags claimed this evening are the fastest way to get there. Daniels is not only considered the Sooner State's most sought-after prospect, he's also a national top-100 talent who has defensive difference-maker written all over him, hence the offer list that also includes the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Notre Dame, Oregon and USC.

The reason why Fisher, Elko and the Ags have prioritized Daniels dating back to the first time they scouted him? Kendal is a uniquely-talented defender, the kind of safety that isn't available in every recruiting cycle and someone with All-SEC potential and beyond. The two-sport star is an accomplished basketball player (more on that in a moment) and, fittingly, he's what opposing offensive coordinators would refer to as a 'matchup problem' on the gridiron.

Standing nearly 6-4 and 190 pounds, Daniels is currently a thin, rangy safety who covers an incredible amount of ground on the back end of the defense. When you watch the four-star defensive back on tape, you see a field general who is essentially 'patrolling' the entire secondary. Tremendous anticipation and field awareness combined with the ability to chew up a lot of ground in a hurry. As far as ball skills go, Kendall is off the charts good in the all-important department, regularly tracking the football and either breaking on the throw or climbing the ladder to go get it with uncanny timing. Between possessing the length that goes with being a 6-4 basketball player and displaying such great defensive instincts, the newest Aggie DB is seemingly always around the football and arriving at the right time.  

The thing about Kendal that sets him apart from most safety prospects in the country is that his athletic, 6-4 frame is going to fill out quickly because he spends a good part of his off-season on the hardwood in high school. Last season, Daniels averaged 22.5 points, 4.5 steals and 3.6 rebounds per game for Beggs, establishing himself as one of the top basketball players in Oklahoma. Still, his best chance at hearing his name on Draft Day is wearing a helmet and shoulder pads. He's going to take the field in College Station carrying at least 220-225 pounds and will likely do so without losing any of the supreme athleticism that has drawn coast-to-coast recruiting attention. It's that combination of frame, length, all-around athletic skill and defensive instincts that have led to many comparing Kendall to former Clemson phenom and 2020 NFL first-rounder Isaiah Simmons. While Daniels doesn't yet possess Simmons' speed (Isaiah clocked a sub-4.4 at over 235 pounds at the combine), his size, skill-set and versatility certainly fit the mold. When he spoke to Jason during an interview earlier this week, the newest Aggie talked about being able to move around within MIke Elko's scheme. One can only imagine what a creative defensive mind like Elko will be able to do with a chess piece like Daniels - someone who you, like Simmons, could line up virtually anywhere in the back seven on a given snap. This, my friends, is why the Ags considered Kendal a must-have at the safety spot. There simply isn't anyone like him on the roster and has true game-changing potential on the back end.

For a Beggs squad that reached the state semi-finals last fall. Daniels led the defensive charge with 117 tackles, 6 interceptions (3 of which were pick sixes), 3 forced fumbles and three recoveries. He also caught five TD passes and put together quite a highlight package at receiver, routinely snatching balls out of the air with one hand or going up and coming down with circus, contested grabs.

Daniels' addition to the '21 commit list gives the Ags four pledges in the secondary, a position where the Aggies have hit on a very impressive percentage of their prioritized targets, including the top-ranked defensive back in three different states and one out of the Northeast (Philly standout Tyreek Chappell) who might be the most underrated cover man in the country. Look for A&M to push for perhaps one more on the back end to close out what would be an outstanding haul aimed at addressing one of the program's two - along with the offensive line - most pressing areas of need in the '21 cycle.

Kendal is also the No. 1-ranked prospect in the state of Oklahoma, and his commit comes on the heels of the Ags going into Arkansas and pulling off another coup, landing the top-ranked player in the Natural State, Fort Smith Northside CB Dreyden Norwood. Since Fisher has arrived in College Station, he's made a habit of landing the No. 1 prospect in not only Texas but all over the country. In fact, Daniels becomes the ninth different state No. 1 (per at least one of the three national recruiting services) to choose the Aggies since the start of the 2019 cycle. He and Norwood join Jahzion Harris (New York) and Trey Zuhn (Colorado) in this year's class, Chris Morris (Arkansas), Antonio Johnson (Illinois) and McKinnley Jackson (Mississippi) from the 2020 group and Texans Kenyon Green and DeMarvin Leal from the '19 class.

Speaking of Norwood, his commitment came so suddenly and out of the blue earlier this month that I don't believe I was able to dive into what the pledge means for the Aggies quite as much as I had planned. After studying quite a bit of film of the 6-0, 175-pound cornerback prospect, I'll tell you who he reminds me of. Minus the cannon right arm, Norwood evokes memories of Jason Carter. Carter came to A&M as a quarterback but ended up developing into an All-Big 12 receiver. However, he could have easily been an All-Conference and NFL corner had the then-Aggie staff decided to try him on that side of the ball. In College Station, Norwood will line up on the island and he'll bring all the tools necessary to be an outstanding SEC West cover man.

What the Aggies and the primary competition (Auburn, Georgia and Arkansas) saw in the two-way standout was a versatile and gifted all-around athlete who blends good size (he'll end up in the 6-1, 195-pound range) and speed (a documented low-4.5 and tape that backs that up) with exceptional ball skills and natural playmaking ability on both sides of the ball. On offense last fall, Dreyden threw for 447 yards and 5 scores lining up at quarterback and ran for an additional 394 yards and 8 TDs. When lining up at corner, Norwood (one pick and a couple of PBUs) was rarely tested but demonstrates the ability to stick to opposing receivers like glue. He can flip his hips and go, has tremendous footwork and possesses next-level agility. Recovery speed isn't an issue, either, and turning back and locating the football is a strength. T.J. Rushing is getting an outstanding piece of the puzzle here and if you want me to go waaaaayyy back - all the way back to when I was in junior high and watching this guy play QB for the Clements Rangers - former Wrecking Crew standout Derrick Frazier isn't a bad comparison, either.

The best in the state of Arkansas ultimately chose the Ags over the Hogs, Auburn and UGA but also held offers from Miami, Notre Dame, OU, TCU, Missouri and Tennessee with an original top-5 featuring the Razorbacks, Bulldogs, Sooners, Fighting Irish and Mizzou. 

After adding Norwood and then Daniels, we could very well see a shift from the back end of the defense to the front four for the Maroon & White, as a couple of longtime targets - Philadelphia (PA) Imhotep Institute DT Taleeq Robbins and Pleasant Grove three-time state champ Marcus Burris appear to be closing in on August decisions. As things stand today, the Aggies are sitting at thirteen commits with a likely class cap of 23. Stay tuned, as several prospects around the state and country who planned to exhaust a few official visits are now staring at a 2021 recruiting cycle that might now allow anything at all in the way of on-campus visits. The result could be a few earlier-than-expected decisions from some longtime Aggie targets so stay tuned.

Brian Perroni: Texas A&M lands state of Oklahoma's top player in Kendal Daniels

In July, Texas A&M went into Arkansas and landed the state's top-ranked player. Now, the Aggies have done the same thing in the state of Oklahoma. On Saturday, four-star safety Kendal Daniels of Beggs announced his commitment to A&M over his other finalists of Clemson, LSU and Oklahoma.

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound defender has long been a priority target for the Aggies. Ranked as the No. 139 overall prospect in the country according to the industry-generated 247Sports composite, Daniels is someone that the defensive staff sees fitting perfectly into the scheme. With A&M not needing to take many safeties this class, the Aggies prioritized Daniels at the top of their list.

For some time, it looked like the athletic defender would stay in state and play for the Sooners. However, A&M kept recruiting him hard and he recently realized he wanted to play in Aggieland. "I probably figured it out for sure pretty recently. The last couple days, I've really been sure," Daniels said of his decision earlier this week. "I wanted to have my mom like where I wanted to go," he added. "I didn't just want to list to people telling me where to go. I just wanted to figure out what felt right for me and for my family and I figured that out."

While the entire defensive staff as well as head coach Jimbo Fisher were involved in recruiting Daniels for the Aggies, defensive analyst Ishmael Aristide made a big impression on him. "I talk to them every other day," Daniels said of the Aggie staff this spring. "They keep in touch a lot, coach Ishmael. The big thing with them is just being true with me, not telling me lies or anything. I like their honesty. I think they've made me a priority. They make sure they contact me and let me know I'm a big target for them. I've also talked to coach Jimbo. That was really cool since the head coach took his time out to talk to me. He's really down to earth and a lot like me. He likes fishing and stuff like that."

The NCAA currently is in the middle of a recruiting dead period and has been since mid-March, which means that prospects are not able to visit schools and meet with coaches. However, Daniels wanted to see A&M last month so he and his mother made the trip on their own just to look around.

"My mom and I, we went down to Texas A&M for the day," he said. "We just wanted to see it, since I hadn't been there. We drove around and looked at the campus and the town and everything. I liked it a lot. It was a lot different than Beggs, Oklahoma. It seemed like there was a lot to do there and the football facilities looked really nice, from what we could see of them. We couldn't go in anywhere or meet with anybody, so we only got sort of a limited idea. But it was good to see things."

Daniels joins a trio of cornerbacks in four-star Deuce Harmon of Denton (Texas) Guyer, four-star Dreyden Norwood of Fort Smith (Ark.) Northside and Tyreek Chappell of Philadelphia (Pa.) Northeast as commitments in the secondary for the Aggies in the class of 2021 so far. Norwood is the state of Arkansas' top-ranked player.

247Sports' regional analyst Gabe Brooks had the following breakdown of Daniels' game.

"Tall, long, lean athlete with ample frame space to bulk. Wingspan not verified but looks long. Displays impressive functional athleticism on the field. Flashes good closing speed in pursuit. Athletic and aware when asked to drop into coverage. Very good ball skills for a back-seven player. Experience playing both sides of the ball. Two-sport standout who also plays basketball and shows impressive explosiveness on the hardwood. Could potentially fit multiple roles depending on scheme and personnel packages. Fits the back-seven hybrid mold growing in popularity. Will need to continue to add bulk to get stronger and maximize hit power. Can improve tackling technique consistency. Athleticism lacks verified testing or track context. Covers space better than a man, so will need to improve fluidity and technique. High-major defensive prospect who could possibly play safety or grow into OLB. Projects to Power Five level with long-term NFL Draft potential."

Daniels is the 13th commitment for Texas A&M in the class of 2021 so far. There are now players from eight different states in that group. Though A&M has fewer commitments at this point than many of its peers, the pledge moves the Aggies up five spots to the No. 15 class in the country.