Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

9 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Went to Auburn about a decade ago with some friends while we were stationed in Pensacola. I do not like that place. Could be different now though.

I was stopping for the night to get some sleep before driving the rest of the way to Norfolk. My general thought on Mississippi and Alabama is that they're definitely shitholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I thought it felt like a poor man's Oxford, MS. The AU campus was pleasant, but definitely has a not-the-flagship vibe.

You spent your UG years in Oxford, Tex, but I gotta disagree.  Auburn is a dump.  Oxford is nice.  I'd rather go to Waco than Auburn or Starkville if only because it's a short drive to Austin or DFW.

Just now, cafe society said:

You spent your UG years in Oxford, Tex, but I gotta disagree.  Auburn is a dump.  Oxford is nice.  I'd rather go to Waco than Auburn or Starkville if only because it's a short drive to Austin or DFW.

*my brother did. But yeah, Waco does have that going for it.

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

lolwut? I've been to Auburn, Alabama, and there is virtually nothing to say about Auburn, Alabama. They can keep Knoxville, we get Morgantown.

(also he's a combo aggy/Tottenham fan, which is just a BRUTAL combination of little brother syndrome, yikes)

Ee6PLc3XgAEKuTP?format=jpg&name=360x360

One of the more aggy things I've ever read.  

Yay!  We get to travel to nice places to get our shit pushed in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Lubbock/Waco:Big 12::College Station:SEC

No Lubbock is fun as fuck and the Raiders know how to party, Lubbock only sucks if you go there with a massive stick up your ass about it. Waco sucks ass and Baylor folks are boring and stuffy as shit.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Not a Sock said:

No Lubbock is fun as fuck and the Raiders know how to party, Lubbock only sucks if you go there with a massive stick up your ass about it. Waco sucks ass and Baylor folks are boring and stuffy as shit.

Conflating Lubbock with the female body of Tech and their general level of fun is a mistake. Lubbock smells like literal shit 40% of the time with any wind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Conflating Lubbock with the female body of Tech and their general level of fun is a mistake. Lubbock smells like literal shit 40% of the time with any wind. 

I grew up ranching so I am immune to the smell of cow shit. I wouldn’t want to live there permanently, but  in the context of a football week end trip Lubbock is a pretty damn good time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

Lubbock is fun, it’s just a long drive to the middle of nowhere. Waco is a short drive, so no one has to stay there. I’m fine with both. 

From Texas, all SEC road trips are fairly distant. And many of the towns have no redeeming qualities. If that’s what conference teams are measured by, give me UNLV and Tulane. 

Spoiler

Liucci

12:01a, 8/8/20 

Staff

AG

I've seen the reaction and done some more thinking. A couple of quick points to keep in mind:

A&M is 12-4 against the East since joining the SEC.

They're 2-1 against UF and Tennessee.

The Ags are 10-1 against their four East opponents this season.

Everyone - including myself - saw LSU's schedule and the first thought that the Tigers got an insanely easy draw. They did. Thing is, their overall SEC schedule is virtually the same as A&M's except they play Missouri while the Aggies draw Tennessee. In a ten-game slate, the only difference is Mizzou/Tennessee. The Vols should be better but let's not get it twisted, the gap between UT and Mizzou isn't some sort of cavernous divide here. nor is Kentucky and Tennessee if you were hoping to see the Ags draw the Wildcats instead.

Yes, the SEC absolutely did LSU, Bama and Georgia a big favor with the added games and I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think that was by design. This is a completely unforeseen and unprecedented season in which EVERY team in EVERY other league has a tremendous advantage in terms of piling up a gaudy overall record and presenting the optic that they're better than teams beating each other up in the Southeastern Conference. The league wants someone to come out of this thing unbeaten and would love to see two or three teams appear to be the class of the conference and set the stage for that to happen on Friday.

Still, I don't think the Aggies necessarily got hosed here. Did they get a tough draw? Sure. But it's more about it being in comparison to how much tougher the new schedule is than their 'would have been' 12-game slate. At the end of the day, they don't play the projected best team out of the East (by a wide margin, IMO) and they do play the projected worst team out of the East (by a wide margin, IMO) and also play a South Carolina squad coming off of a 4-8 year. So sure, it would have been nice after last year to see the Ags square off against the bottom three teams in the division (like LSU will) but they get two of the bottom three and don't have to see UGA. To me, if Florida is a 9 this year (as in just outside of that title contention window) and A&M is an 8, then Tennessee is probably a 7. UF at Kyle Field (still a long road trip, not in front of your fans and in enemy territory) and both teams are probably an 8.5. In Knoxville, both teams are probably a 7.5. Both are coin flip games, IMO, and the Ags have more than enough talent to line up and go head to head with each.

Meanwhile, Texas loses LSU and adds some random joke of a non-conference game and OU does the same while not having to play Tennessee. Meanwhile, the Ags replace Colorado and Fresno State with the Vols and Gators. How very Big 12 of the Red River Rivals. Pitiful indeed.

6 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

I've seen the reaction and done some more thinking. A couple of quick points to keep in mind:

Everyone - including myself - saw LSU's schedule and the first thought that the Tigers got an insanely easy draw. They did. Thing is, their overall SEC schedule is virtually the same as A&M's except they play Missouri while the Aggies draw Tennessee. In a ten-game slate, the only difference is Mizzou/Tennessee. The Vols should be better but let's not get it twisted, the gap between UT and Mizzou isn't some sort of cavernous divide here. nor is Kentucky and Tennessee if you were hoping to see the Ags draw the Wildcats instead.

Yes, the SEC absolutely did LSU, Bama and Georgia a big favor with the added games and I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think that was by design. This is a completely unforeseen and unprecedented season in which EVERY team in EVERY other league has a tremendous advantage in terms of piling up a gaudy overall record and presenting the optic that they're better than teams beating each other up in the Southeastern Conference. The league wants someone to come out of this thing unbeaten and would love to see two or three teams appear to be the class of the conference and set the stage for that to happen on Friday.

Still, I don't think the Aggies necessarily got hosed here. Did they get a tough draw? Sure. But it's more about it being in comparison to how much tougher the new schedule is than their 'would have been' 12-game slate. At the end of the day, they don't play the projected best team out of the East (by a wide margin, IMO) and they do play the projected worst team out of the East (by a wide margin, IMO) and also play a South Carolina squad coming off of a 4-8 year. So sure, it would have been nice after last year to see the Ags square off against the bottom three teams in the division (like LSU will) but they get two of the bottom three and don't have to see UGA. To me, if Florida is a 9 this year (as in just outside of that title contention window) and A&M is an 8, then Tennessee is probably a 7. UF at Kyle Field (still a long road trip, not in front of your fans and in enemy territory) and both teams are probably an 8.5. In Knoxville, both teams are probably a 7.5. Both are coin flip games, IMO, and the Ags have more than enough talent to line up and go head to head with each.

Meanwhile, Texas loses LSU and adds some random joke of a non-conference game and OU does the same while not having to play Tennessee. Meanwhile, the Ags replace Colorado and Fresno State with the Vols and Gators. How very Big 12 of the Red River Rivals. Pitiful indeed.

What a little bitch.  Can't do a single article without mentioning Texas or Big 12.  And lulz at him talking about Texas and OU playing a scrub as the +1 when they get 3 scrubs every year.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The literal opposite of this happens every.single.year 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Does he think we should play a conference team twice?  We are already playing the entire conference, they still are not even with the two additional games.  We can’t schedule other P5 teams as they are all going conference only. Manipulating that into a big 12 decision to play a g5 team nonconference is pure aggy delusion. 

7 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Went to Auburn about a decade ago with some friends while we were stationed in Pensacola. I do not like that place. Could be different now though.

While stationed in Pensacola, Why In the Fuck would you go to Auburn?? Hell, New Orleans, and Tallahassee are closer, not to mention Fort Walton Beach and Panama City.

I was stationed in Fort Walton Beach, a long time ago, never even thought to go anywhere in Alabama. New Orleans and Tallahassee, along with Panama City and Pensacola were the places to go on the weekends, and that's only when you got a little tired of the local area and wanted a change. 

That idiot actually thinks the aggy schedule is about the same as it was before with the four pussies on it.  He is in for a rude awakening.  I would set the over / under at 6-4.  

They likely won’t endure many fudge packings outside of Bama since their hobbit plays to milk the clock, like was popular in the 70’s.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

While stationed in Pensacola, Why In the Fuck would you go to Auburn?? Hell, New Orleans, and Tallahassee are closer, not to mention Fort Walton Beach and Panama City.

I was stationed in Fort Walton Beach, a long time ago, never even thought to go anywhere in Alabama. New Orleans and Tallahassee, along with Panama City and Pensacola were the places to go on the weekends, and that's only when you got a little tired of the local area and wanted a change. 

When I was stationed in Pensacola, went to Alabama once... And that was right across the border in Gulf Shores and that was for Hangout Fest. Otherwise, I went to FWB, Destin, NOLA, and Atlanta mostly

10 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

I knew he was going to find a reason to stick daddy SEC’s big ole’ donkey dick back down his throat as opposed to adopting the “terrible conference mates” mantra of their Big 12 days.

“No no no, they didn’t use use us to gain access to Texas recruits. They really respect us and want us to do well! We have similar cultures” /swallows mouthful of cum. -liucci

cuck’d again, Bukakke Billy

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I knew he was going to find a reason to stick daddy SEC’s big ole’ donkey dick back down his throat as opposed to adopting the “terrible conference mates” mantra of their Big 12 days.

“No no no, they didn’t use use us to gain access to Texas recruits. They really respect us and want us to do well! We have similar cultures” /swallows mouthful of cum. -liucci

cuck’d again, Bukakke Billy

It really was the perfect addition for the SEC. Brings in a big name, but underperforming team to give Alabama and LSU another annual win, more eyeballs in TX television markets, annual games in Texas, and of course it was so predictable that Aggy’s sole selling point was going to be SECSECSEC.

All of which helps the other SEC programs recruit inside the state and elevate traditional SEC programs.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Enchubben said:

It really was the perfect addition for the SEC. Brings in a big name, but underperforming team to give Alabama and LSU another annual win, more eyeballs in TX television markets, annual games in Texas, and of course it was so predictable that Aggy’s sole selling point was going to be SECSECSEC.

All of which helps the other SEC programs recruit inside the state and elevate traditional SEC programs.  

lulz

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Check his twitter, he's been getting after it. 

Here's one of his tweets...

2h

If you're a college athlete who wanted to play and do not get to, know that the system failed you. Governors, your university presidents, those attempting to get you to unionize, some in the media, certain conference commissioners and an unorganized NCAA devoid of leadership.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

2h

If you're a college athlete who wanted to play and do not get to, know that the system failed you. Governors, your university presidents, those attempting to get you to unionize, some in the media, certain conference commissioners and an unorganized NCAA devoid of leadership.

Or, you know, your entire government 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

2h

yeah, let's start with dumbass trump first. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

Lol that Billy calling out to any players.  Like any fucking non-aggy player gives af about what he has to say.  Hey look guys, the guy with the crooked facial hair and wonky eye is whining again!   New hot take about how life isn’t fair.  

You would think he would have realized what a cruel mistress it can be when he became an aggy.  

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

What's more likely?

A) this is a plot to minimize college football by a cabal of shadowy administrators 

B) schools' general counsels are telling admins "here is the shitstorm that will ensue if, God forbid, a player dies from covid"

Are you telling me that Billy Luicci is creating a false narrative and ranting against a fake conspiracy as a means to earn clicks/retweets with his school's fan base when he knows that it is pure nonsense and has no semblance of reality?