Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

31 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The in-state disasterpeice they've been building up to has arrived

The covid shutdown has amplified their lack of relationships. They CAN'T visit schools and players can't visit them, and that's been the case for nearly 6 months. It's killing them and there is nothing they can do about it until this is all over.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

2019 - Mond 126 carries, 2nd most on the team, 32% of the total.

2019 Texas - Ehlinger 163 carries, most on the team, 36% of the total. 

Over the 13 game schedule, Ehlinger carried the ball 2 more times per game than Mond. Though "carried" in the college game is a misnomer.

Both OLs struggled with sacks. Texas had 36 while aggy had 34.

I agree that Sam has "carried" the ball approximately two more times per game than Mond over the past few seasons, and that those figures include scrambles and sacks.  Aggy wants to make it seem that Sam is running a ton more than Mond, which simply isn't true.

My percentage figures are a little different than yours, though.  

2019 -- Mond carries 126 times out of a team total of 429 = 29.3%; Sam carries 163 times out of a team total of 480 = 33.9%

2018 -- Mond carries 149 out of a team total of 538 = 27.6%; Sam carries 164 times out of a team total of 569 = 28.8% 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I agree that Sam has "carried" the ball approximately two more times per game than Mond over the past few seasons, and that those figures include scrambles and sacks.  Aggy wants to make it seem that Sam is running a ton more than Mond, which simply isn't true.

My percentage figures are a little different than yours, though.  

2019 -- Mond carries 126 times out of a team total of 429 = 29.3%; Sam carries 163 times out of a team total of 480 = 33.9%

2018 -- Mond carries 149 out of a team total of 538 = 27.6%; Sam carries 164 times out of a team total of 569 = 28.8% 

I didn't count players that had less than 10 carries. They are statistically irrelevant.

Lol, appreciate the screenshots.  I'm not sure what is going on with LJ.  Honestly, I think both of our OLs are beyond shit, but it concerns me that our "ace recruiting staff" can't land a RB in their back yard in consecutive years.  WTF.  And if that's not going to work, we should find an OOS talent like we try to do for every other position.  The RB room is shaky.

Honestly, I just think Jimbo is indifferent to in-state v. OOS recruiting.  Looks like a poor play at the moment.  Still can't figure out why Bowman was never offered, either.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

also llolllllll tOSU does NOT hang its hat on in-state recruiting, it's actually kind of mediocre at it

I have to disagree with this part. They get the ones they want. The only recent player I can think of that they wanted and lost was Jackson Carman to Clemson. I know they had the recent DB decommit for Bama, but I'm not entirely sure he would have had a spot when the merry-go-round stopped anyway. Damn good player though. They're just recruiting at a crazy level and should be able to hang onto these kids that won't get to see what a winter in Columbus looks like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The "I really want something so GIMME GIMME GIMME" attitude displayed by a certain number of college football writers over the past week has been a sight to behold.

If the season is canceled aggy is deeply screwed financially. No wonder bailout booster billy is whining like a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Lol, appreciate the screenshots.  I'm not sure what is going on with LJ.  Honestly, I think both of our OLs are beyond shit, but it concerns me that our "ace recruiting staff" can't land a RB in their back yard in consecutive years.  WTF.  And if that's not going to work, we should find an OOS talent like we try to do for every other position.  The RB room is shaky.

Honestly, I just think Jimbo is indifferent to in-state v. OOS recruiting.  Looks like a poor play at the moment.  Still can't figure out why Bowman was never offered, either.

It's going to be hard to say UT's line is beyond shit, when they put 2 3 stars into the NFL, with one likely a Top 10 pick. Could the production be better, absolutely. Would a better scheme with a great play caller make a world of difference, 100%. Not too mention, ranking wise, every iteration from here on out, will be better than the previous one for Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I mean, speak to us in 3 years but until then we are average to good.

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

The covid shutdown has amplified their lack of relationships. They CAN'T visit schools and players can't visit them, and that's been the case for nearly 6 months. It's killing them and there is nothing they can do about it until this is all over.

Meemaw has been on the road $$recruiting$$. Hopefully she's not taking the covid with her.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

A "run heavy" offense?  Aggy passed more than it ran last season.  Texas ran more than aggy last season . . . and the year before. 

You’re confusing his arguments for facts. They believe things they want to believe, there is a difference. They participate in an echo chamber while ignoring all evidence. 

1. Elite OLine recruiting - they believe this because they are told Zuh is better than [insert anyone in Texas] and then echo chamber it to each other and exclude all evidence to the contrary ie, their depth chart, their actual OL play,

2. Run heavy Offense - They know it’s not a spread offense, so they assume run heavy. They actually don’t know. But they just assume run heavy and head to the echo chamber. The ignore numbers evidence like you present. Jimbo runs a ball control offense.

3. Jimbo & Robinson best RB coaches in country - I don’t even want to dignify this absurdity with a response 

4. His HS coach is an Aggy - well that pretty much explains the early crystal ball picks 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You’re confusing his arguments for facts. They believe things they want to believe, there is a difference. They participate in an echo chamber while ignoring all evidence. 

1. Elite OLine recruiting - they believe this because they are told Zuh is better than [insert anyone in Texas] and then echo chamber it to each other and exclude all evidence to the contrary ie, their depth chart, their actual OL play,

2. Run heavy Offense - They know it’s not a spread offense, so they assume run heavy. They actually don’t know. But they just assume run heavy and head to the echo chamber. The ignore numbers evidence like you present. Jimbo runs a ball control offense.

3. Jimbo & Robinson best RB coaches in country - I don’t even want to dignify this absurdity with a response 

4. His HS coach is an Aggy - well that pretty much explains the early crystal ball picks 

His HS coach isn’t Aggy. His former HS coach was aggy. They don’t even know what’s going on with HS football. Not that it helped them before except with fucking kickers. Sam McGuffie and Austin Decalus and Brock Wright our front shoulda told ‘em.

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Obviously I know a lot more longhorns than aggy, but just through having some basic conversations about football/each other’s teams going into a season, etc... it’s astonishing to me how little almost all of them know about football, and specifically their team. Occasionally you’ll find one that is measured in their responses and knows what’s going on, but most of the time it’s apparent within about a minute that they have no clue what they are talking about. Most of the UT people I know (in real life) know football well enough to at least give a reasonable breakdown of what aggy team is like/does or doesn’t do well.  Of course, I am forgetting that aggy will start to foam at the mouth the second TAY-YEW gets mentioned 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: go visit our own football forum and tell me how informed our fans are on average...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. 

You seem to be saying we is dumb on football stuff. I will have to research this to make an evaluation. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

everyone. hates. your. offense.

EfLOqv5WsAcGLkN?format=jpg&name=360x360EfLOq-UWAAADcz5?format=jpg&name=360x360EfLOrMgXsAAtUZa?format=jpg&name=360x360

1 hour ago, Viper said:

is "a no brained" their version of our "uphauling"?

It was a Freudian slip. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: go visit our own football forum and tell me how informed our fans are on average...

Counter-Counterpoint: there is no more football forum on Surly, only Cloak Rooms with different names. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck yeah it has. Karen had to drive all the way Florida to drop a bag rather than just picking the kid up at Hobby.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Hell yeah who wouldn't want to be 6th round Bengals draftee Trayveon Williams

EfLSjHQWAAEmaZl?format=jpg&name=360x360EfLSjf9XYAEJqsb?format=jpg&name=360x360

1. I love how they think their 2021 OL class is elite. Fucking Alabama's 2021 OL class is elite. Theirs is slightly better than last year's because their 3 stars may actually be good enough to play. Their class this year doesn't even sniff the 2020 Texas class, unless they get Foster, who they are not getting.

2. RBs don't want to get run into the ground in college anymore. His offense is not the selling point they think it is, compared to almost every other school in their conference moving away from pro/west coast sets to spread concepts. Plus they aren't fucking Georgia who can stack backs, and wonder why it works against the East, but struggle against mediocre defensive coaches with talented rosters. 

3. Jimbo is the RB coach too. Why does he even hire assistants? On what planet is Tommie Robinson once of the best RB coaches in the country? On planet earth, he was shown the door because he's a mediocre recruiter and an average coach.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This fixation over last year's OL class being bad is peak echo chamber.  Do they think he's going to look at a class of four 4-stars and go "oh yeah, totally sucks, checks out"

EfLkHhlXkAApXpE?format=jpg&name=360x360EfLkH36WoAIJe93?format=jpg&name=360x360EfLkILLWsAMlFEl?format=jpg&name=360x360

I think it's the moronic line of thinking that a premium running back is going to actually spend the majority of his time running behind his classmates in a healthy program where OL RS. They should be looking at the 2022 and 2023 RBs.

Spoiler

Want to do a live chat at 9?

15,794 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Liucci

Liucci

7:59p 

Staff

AG

I'd be up for an hour-long Q&A on the boards if you guys are ready in an hour.

Going to walk Griffin and then I'll be back and ready to roll.

Think of it as an 'AMA.' Too much craziness since Sunday so I was unable to tackle the question thread like I wanted to. I'll re-visit it and answer some of the ones that are still relevant but for now let's just do a real-time Q&A where you fire off Aggie football, CFB and recruiting questions. We'll get down to business over here!

Liucci

In reply to skeetboy3 •  9:01p 

Staff

AG

skeetboy3 said:

Should be interesting 

Yes it should. Let's do this.

Liucci

In reply to Joseph Parrish •  9:02p 

Staff

AG

Joseph Parrish said:

If only 2 or 3 conferences remain this fall, how much more tv revenue do they stand to make? I'm sure the other regions will want to air the games if they don't have any of their own.

Not sure how much the TV numbers will change but there's certainly a chance the leagues would get more games in better TV slots. For example. what would keep the SEC from perhaps even playing one Thursday night game per week, two on Friday night and then four all day Saturday. 11, 230, 5 and 8???

Liucci

In reply to MarcAg •  9:05p 

Staff

AG

MarcAg said:

Billy, do you think Big 12 is serious about playing or is this for show so they can tell boosters and players they tried but it's just too dangerous in 10 days when they cancel? I mean big ten released a schedule 6 days ago too and we see that didn't mean anything. 

I'm undecided there. I heard this evening that CDC would love it if Texas didn't play. Not sure if that's even remotely true but if it is it's something I'm sure the Longhorn fans would love to know about and probably something he'd not want out there as common knowledge (oops). I just find that hard to believe, however. And even if he did, I'm not sure that the other powers at Texas would allow it, much less the Governor.

But that was why I felt there was no way in hell the Big 12 bowed out today. Just like I said about the B1G, there's just no reason to do so.

Liucci

In reply to jw82 •  9:06p 

Staff

AG

jw82 said:

Does the fact we signed 4 rb's last year hurting us in recruiting this year?

To some degree, yes, it has to be playing in. Those prospects are going to have a number thrown at them: FOUR running backs, when we only signed ONE (or two)!!! They aren't diving into the rankings or the fact Crownover is a JC signee or anything like that. Sophomore starter, sophomore No. 2 and four signees. That's what they're throwing at these guys. Just have to overcome it.

Liucci

In reply to Prexys Moon •  9:08p 

Staff

AG

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)

Liucci said:

I'm undecided there. I heard this evening that CDC would love it if Texas didn't play. Not sure if that's even remotely true but if it is it's something I'm sure the Longhorn fans would love to know about and probably something he'd not want out there as common knowledge (oops). I just find that hard to believe, however. And even if he did, I'm not sure that the other powers at Texas would allow it, much less the Governor.

But that was why I felt there was no way in hell the Big 12 bowed out today. Just like I said about the B1G, there's just no reason to do so.

Prexys Moon said:

why in the world would CDC NOT want to play? I mean he is a clown, but is he that stupid??

Like I said, I don't understand it and I'm not sure I even buy it but it's something that's making the rounds outside of A&M circles the past couple of days. Makes no sense to me unless he's just personally CONVINCED it's too dangerous and is having a hard time reconciling that with the pressure to press onward.

Liucci

In reply to agcat •  9:09p 

Staff

AG

agcat said:

Do you think the ACC hangs in there with the SEC?

Yes. And this is the first time at any point during this process that I think there's even the slightest chance that the SEC could even go at it alone if they had to. HIGHLY unlikely but I do think even two leagues (SEC/ACC plus Notre Dame) could make it work if they were determined to do so. I still think the Big 12 hangs in if you're asking me tonight.

Liucci

In reply to CC00 •  9:12p 

Staff

AG

CC00 said:

What does it really mean when someone like say Alabama "starts really pushing" for someone like Goodwine? What actually changes so much that is quickly swings so fast?
Followup, why is it that kids/parents can't see through such bs? And if it's not bs then why don't we "really push"?
I don't hear of us doing it. We are just in the lead for a long time (LJ) then we aren't?

It happens both ways. DeMarvin Leal, McKinnley Jackson, Dylan Wright, Jaylon Jones, Kendal Daniels. Guys where A&M wasn't thought to lead and them all of a sudden they land them. Maybe to others outside of College Station, they're seeing that as the 'push.' I'm not sure.

However, with programs like Bama and Clemson and UGA or Ohio State, a lot of these prospects have an offer but the schools are slow-playing them. They love a place like A&M or Texas or OU or Florida or Auburn but one day, Saban decide Goodwine is a must and their recruiting goes from steady to intense overnight and, yes, they pull out all of the stops in their quest to make it happen. When you're playing for nattys every year or two and living in the top-5, you have that ability.

Liucci

In reply to sloppyjoe •  9:13p 

Staff

AG

sloppyjoe said:

Could we take a transfer running back from the BiG or we out of scholarships?

I think they could take a transfer if he's a guy who wasn't recruited by A&M and if the Ags were under the 85. He'd have to be a blueshirt guy.

Liucci

In reply to overdog •  9:13p 

Staff

AG

overdog said:

Have you seen the new unis? Don't need details...just wanted to know if you were happy with them. 

No comment.

Liucci

In reply to Liucci •  9:13p 

Staff

AG

overdog said:

Have you seen the new unis? Don't need details...just wanted to know if you were happy with them. 

Liucci said:

No comment.

I think they're pretty nice.

Liucci

In reply to chuckdownfield •  9:14p 

Staff

AG

chuckdownfield said:

Can Nebraska actually take a hiatus from the Big 10 to play in the Big 12 this fall? 

I just don't see how that could happen. Maaaayyyybe they can play a 10-game schedule against all Big 12 teams and count as a non-conference game for each but I have a hard time imagining they could ever be 'in the conference' for a year. I just don't have any idea how that would be contractually possible.

Liucci

In reply to CoachRTM •  9:19p 

Staff

AG

CoachRTM said:

Best case scenario / worst case scenario / most likely scenario ?

Best: SEC/ACC/Big 12/Sun Belt/AAC/CUSA. Get most or all of the season in.

Worst: No football and it's announced in a couple of weeks.

Most likely: I just don't know. I think you could flip a coin at this point but I know the SEC and ACC are in it to win it and don't plan on tapping so the ref (or pandemic) is going to have to stop it. 

They could even conceivably start the damn thing in mid-October (2-3 weeks later) if they had to. Still multiple options on the table.

Outside of the 'long term effects' red herring (as if that concern is gone come January or even a year from now and these same kids will be on campus with 60k students and doing whatever they want in their entire year of free time) the elephant in the room is the students coming back to campuses around the country. There WILL be a spike in cases on every campus, some players will contract it and they need time to rein that back in. That was the entire premise behind the push back to late September. That's what will threaten the season the most on the public perception front, IMO.

Liucci

In reply to Prexys Moon •  9:20p 

Staff

AG

Jet Black said:

I read something yesterday about Texas leaning towards not wanting to play this season.

Prexys Moon said:

I bet they are getting major pressure from the libs in Austin. 

I just still think between Abbott and their fan base and large donors the general feeling would still be to do everything they could to play. Not to mention the economic crush even a place like Austin would feel.

Liucci

In reply to GSMartin •  9:21p 

Staff

AG

GSMartin said:

What do you think happens in the return game if we have a season? Do you think it's Ainias and Preston again at KR or does Achane move in? Does Ainias keep the PR spot?

I think Ainias would keep the punt return spot and I do think Achane factors in somewhere, as well. The wildcard could be Chase Lane. He impressed the staff in practice last fall and on the one or two shots he got during mop up duty. Dude is explosive in the speed department.

Liucci

In reply to PGAG •  9:22p 

Staff

AG

PGAG said:

Is Jimbo currently serving his road recruiting suspension even with everyone locked down? Completely ridiculous that we had to take probation and any punishment by the way. 

Yes. That ends with a specific date. It's not something that will extend so the lack of off-campus recruiting which looks like a certainty this fall is actually working in the Ags' favor in that regard. It's like Missouri basketball. They were banned from the post-season this year, there was no post-season and their punishment is behind them.

Liucci

In reply to GSMartin •  9:24p 

Staff

AG

GSMartin said:

Are Shemar, Goodwine, and Tunmise all being recruited at the same position?

They're all defensive ends if that's what you're asking. And to be honest, if the Ags were to sign one of those three plus two out of the Burris/Regis/Robbins group plus the two commits, I think you'd be talking about an outstanding haul in the defensive trenches. Throw in Tywone Malone and it becomes elite. Throw in a long, twitchy end and you're calling it pretty damn salty, as well.

Liucci

In reply to Tegridy •  9:26p 

Staff

AG

Tegridy said:

Thanks for doing this Looch. Not sure if you addressed this already, apologies if you have. What do you think the Ags chances are at signing Tunmise Adeleye after his decommitment from the Buckeyes today? Would be another outstanding piece to the ELITE defensive line Jimbo, Elko, Robinson and Price are building...

Still trying to chase that one down in terms of the Ags' chances. If he plays out his recruitment I think they'll have a very real shot but there have been rumors coming from the Sunshine State that UF folks seem to believe he'll reclassify and join the 2020 Gator class as an early enrollee. Remains to be seen but if things hold, the Ags will be very much in the hunt. He was hearing the Buckeyes were planning to move him inside, which I think played into the decision. 

Liucci

In reply to GSMartin •  9:28p 

Staff

AG

GSMartin said:

What happened to Bradley Dale Peveto? I felt like his departure was fairly silent. I knew linebackers were supposed to be the position of weakness going into last season but they turned out to be a lot better than expected. Also he recruited a hell of a linebacker tandem last year in Doyle and Cooper.

I think it's as simple as Elko and Santucci being in lock step in terms of the defense and what the DC was looking for in terms of how to coach the position in his defense. I do think Peve did a good job with those two additions and with the LBs the past two years but I also don't think it's an outlandish concept that perhaps Elko thought the production could improve.

Is it possible to think one guy did a good job but that the next guy could really well also while being maybe more of a fit, scheme-wise? I think so. 

Liucci

In reply to Coach_King •  9:32p 

Staff

AG

Coach_King said:

Long term effects on the Big 10 and PAC-12 if the season goes on as planned and they aren't a part of it?

I think it would be absolutely devastating for both, but particularly the Pac-12. In the B1G, programs like PSU, Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin would take a bit of a hit in the way of transfers and perception on the recruiting front but I think moving forward, you really start to see it take hold. More non-conference losses early the next couple of seasons, lack of depth at some of the mid-tier programs that drags down the bowl records, recruiting takes a big hit at some spots and maybe those fringe teams like Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin really feel it there. It'll be cumulative and they'll feel such a financial hit there's no way it won't show up. Maybe lose some good coaches to programs more flush with cash, not enough to keep up in the facilities arms race while paying back massive loans required to keep other sports afloat or a big-time head coach or two leave the league for a better job because conference schools can't keep them? The list goes on and on and on.

Liucci

In reply to beerad12man •  9:34p 

Staff

AG

Liucci said:

Best: SEC/ACC/Big 12/Sun Belt/AAC/CUSA. Get most or all of the season in.

Worst: No football and it's announced in a couple of weeks.

Most likely: I just don't know. I think you could flip a coin at this point but I know the SEC and ACC are in it to win it and don't plan on tapping so the ref (or pandemic) is going to have to stop it. 

They could even conceivably start the damn thing in mid-October (2-3 weeks later) if they had to. Still multiple options on the table.

Outside of the 'long term effects' red herring (as if that concern is gone come January or even a year from now and these same kids will be on campus with 60k students and doing whatever they want in their entire year of free time) the elephant in the room is the students coming back to campuses around the country. There WILL be a spike in cases on every campus, some players will contract it and they need time to rein that back in. That was the entire premise behind the push back to late September. That's what will threaten the season the most on the public perception front, IMO.

beerad12man said:

Texas is at potentially 35% of college age students already infected / immune. I don't know if there will be an inevitable spike. At least nothing major. But still smart to give it a month extra to make sure so I can understand the later start date now 

I saw that statistic but honestly just don't know what I believe anymore. What I will say is that number doesn't seem crazy to me if I simply took everyone I know in their 20s and used that as my sample size. So many got it this summer during about 2-3 week stretch while crowding all of the bars from Houston to Dallas to Austin. It was pretty wild to see, whether it was people I know or friends of friends.

Liucci

In reply to GSMartin •  9:34p 

Staff

AG

GSMartin said:

Are we recruiting MJ Daniels at corner or safety?

He's a big corner.

Liucci

In reply to BJK •  9:38p 

Staff

AG

BJK said:

Just for fun...rank the teams that are still in it. 

Top-15 or so:
Clemson
Bama
Georgia
LSU
OU
Florida
A&M
Notre Dame
Auburn
Oklahoma State
Texas
UNC
Tennessee
UCF
Cincy

Liucci

In reply to brixton •  9:39p 

Staff

AG

brixton said:

Does stadium capacity at Kyle stay at 50% or does it drop to 33% or 25%?

They're going to do everything they can to get it at 50 but I'm skeptical it can happen because they're going to possibly be the SEC on that front. I'm hearing the SEC wants it 'across the board' which if I had to bet money would be 25.

Liucci

In reply to VaultingChemist •  9:42p 

Staff

AG

VaultingChemist said:

Today Tarleton State sent all their athletes home after numerous football players tested positive for Covid.  

Will this be the pattern that other universities follow, or will each university have their own guidelines, depending on conference affiliation?

Well Tarleton doesn't have the testing capacity (at all) to handle that. It is one of my primary concerns, however. It's the overreaction to cases and the knee-jerk that comes with the salivating the national college football media (I just don't get it and never will) reporting every time there seems a chance that the whole thing will shut down. They'll jump all over a team shutting down the operation for a few days and explain why the season is doomed when in reality, those teams have proven time and time again (like Ohio State and so many others) that you can shut it down for a brief period and ramp back up again. To me, that should be EXPECTED and not shock anyone.

Liucci

In reply to Whiser09 •  9:45p 

Staff

AG

Whiser09 said:

Do you think the NCAA will try to inhibit/limit the players from the big ten/ pac 12 to the conferences that plan on playing their fall?

What are your thoughts on the impact to the athletic departments of the big 10/pac12 if they decide to punt on the 2020 season?

The athletic departments in those conferences that don't play will be devastated. Crushed. They will have to take out massive loans that they'll pay back over many years, cutting into their precious TV and conference revenues and will have many athletes transfer out and go to places they can play. I mention other ways they'd be devastated in one of my other answers on here but it's never-ending.

Hell, A&M would take a pretty devastating blow if the Ags don't play this year and they really are living in that 'top 1%' of college football right now (at worst, 'top 5%' but you know what I mean).

I don't see how the NCAA can limit transfers in any way other than to not change any rules to accommodate teams at or near the 85 to let them bring folks in over that number who want to play.

Liucci

In reply to agcat •  9:46p 

Staff

AG

agcat said:

Lets cut to the chase, Billy. If there isn't a huge spike on campuses in September do the three conferences play? Yes or no.

I don't believe so. I don't think the universities will have the stomach for it. But what you and I don't know and why I can truly answer that question is what in the minds of the decision-makers would constitute a 'huge spike' because a bump in numbers is absolutely expected.

Liucci

In reply to brixton •  9:49p 

Staff

AG

brixton said:

What is the general thought by the SEC on the other fall sports that are not basketball?

Tennis, womens' soccer etc. 

They are all going to try to play just like football. And are probably easier to control with smaller teams. Thing is - the Big Ten and Pac-12 will not play ANY sports this fall OR spring if they don't play football. Every other sport but basketball LOSES money and without football rev, no athletic department is going to field a team that produces a net loss (and in some cases significant losses). Even basketball is out. If you can't play football this fall, you're not playing hoops in November. You can't implement a bubble like the NBA and there is far greater concern playing indoors than outdoor sports right now.

Liucci

In reply to Forstjm •  9:50p 

Staff

AG

Forstjm said:

Top 3 recruits that you want the Aggies to sign in the 2021 class?

Not counting the commits, Shemar Turner, Bryce Foster and Tywone Malone.

Liucci

In reply to Liucci •  9:50p 

Staff

AG

Forstjm said:

Top 3 recruits that you want the Aggies to sign in the 2021 class?

Liucci said:

Not counting the commits, Shemar Turner, Bryce Foster and Tywone Malone.

Wild card: Brian Thomas the WR out of Louisiana.

Liucci

In reply to smstork1007 •  9:51p 

Staff

AG

smstork1007 said:

Billy, why the hell does anyone care about "cases", the vast vast majority of college age kids are asymptomatic even if testing positive, and those that have the symptoms, are rarely if ever hospitalized, same as with the comon Flu. This is politics at its core, pure and simple.

edit to add:

does anyone remember when all we cared about were hospitalizations and deaths, i do. But those numbers aren't scary enough anymore i guess.

I see what you're saying but you're asking me a question that all of us have talked about day and night for the past six months.

Liucci

In reply to KC_ChemE_2010 •  9:53p 

Staff

AG

Liucci said:

I don't believe so. I don't think the universities will have the stomach for it. But what you and I don't know and why I can truly answer that question is what in the minds of the decision-makers would constitute a 'huge spike' because a bump in numbers is absolutely expected.

KC_ChemE_2010 said:

I think you read that one wrong unless the questioner meant to say is instead of isn't. 

I did read it wrong. Guess my bangs were in my eyes (I've GOT to get a haircut!). If there is NOT a huge spike and the overall state and national numbers were in clear decline? My confidence meter would go from 40/60 to 60/40.

Liucci

In reply to BJK •  9:54p 

Staff

AG

BJK said:

If the season does happen do you see a scenario where the league champion of the ACC, B12, and SEC + 1 make up the playoff teams or will there be league only games?

Oh I think they are determined to have the college football playoff. If three leagues plus a couple of G5s played, they'd still try to hold the playoff I believe.

Liucci

In reply to Liucci •  9:55p 

Staff

AG

BJK said:

If the season does happen do you see a scenario where the league champion of the ACC, B12, and SEC + 1 make up the playoff teams or will there be league only games?

Liucci said:

Oh I think they are determined to have the college football playoff. If three leagues plus a couple of G5s played, they'd still try to hold the playoff I believe.

And if not, that's when you do an SEC/ACC/Big 12 challenge type of 'final four' or 'top 6' playoff on your own or just hold an SEC 'final four' in Atlanta. Who the hell would object???

Liucci

In reply to PGAG •  9:57p 

Staff

AG

PGAG said:

Any conditioning work tidbits? Heard anything on the new TB's?

The true freshman class is looking as good as the last one, which means you have two exceptional groups in a row now on campus. I'll go into more of that later but, as a team, the guys have been very engaged and they're excited and ready to play. They've been missing this stuff and are ready to get back to work.

So far, what you're really talking about are walk through type sessions.

Liucci

In reply to Farmers6 •  9:59p 

Staff

AG

Farmers6 said:

Would TA take a hit if football is cancelled? I will support you guys if it does no matter what. 

We are all in this together. 

Appreciate that more than you know! Everyone in sports will take a hit, but then again, how many businesses won't? TA will be fine, we'll find plenty of new ways to entertain and will try to be out in front and change the game on some level I'm sure.  

And as we've seen during this entire longest of off-seasons, there's always something to talk about.

Liucci

In reply to Springtown12 •  9:59p 

Staff

AG

Springtown12 said:

Any idea on if the BIG 10 or PAC 12 players get an extra year of eligibility if the other leagues still play this year, and if so, then do our players get another year of eligibility?

Haven't heard anything about that yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

You know, what I am hearing is that Chin Pubes has a 1” penis that grows to 1.75” when he sees a certain type of 7 yr old boy, but no way to confirm. What I can tell you is that many of the aggy sheep would be disappointed if they heard this (oops), but I can’t really confirm this.

Fuck you Chin Pubes!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

Still can't figure out why Bowman was never offered, either.

No big loss....he’s not even in the top 10 on the Looch44.  Wouldn’t surprise me if Herman was looking for a way to trapdoor him being ranked that low!