Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

Stowers is not a bad prospect.  He's improved and does have very good athleticism.  But he doesn't fit all in Jimbo's system what so ever.  He will flop there just as hard as Kellen Mond has.  Put him on a team like Auburn and he can be very good.  

With all of that said, Milroe is the better QB prospect.  Aggy tried to get him to commit.  Bama is still trying to get him to flip.  Last time I checked, Saban doesn't exactly go after scrub QBs.  Milroe is severely underrated in the rankings.  He has elite traits and is joining a good offensive system at Texas.  He just needs to be coached well.  

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Texas is going to look back at this QB class and regret it for a long time. It's so deep it doesn't make sense and they will walk out with Milroe lol... I legitimately don't see anything that pops out to me like the other guys."

I actually like Stowers better than a lot of people but the reality of the situation is that no one going to Jimbo's offense is going to end up putting up the kind of career that would cause this type of regret. Now Drones ... 

Stowers should've gone somewhere that would use his elite athleticism not quash it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Why would they complain to their moderators about a competitor moderators personal Top 100 list? Critique it, yes. Mock it, absolutely. But complain? That doesn't make any sense. 

The same reason those fucking freaks require Home Depot and Whataburger to use maroon in their town.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Stowers is not a bad prospect.  He's improved and does have very good athleticism.  But he doesn't fit all in Jimbo's system what so ever.  He will flop there just as hard as Kellen Mond has.  Put him on a team like Auburn and he can be very good.  

With all of that said, Milroe is the better QB prospect.  Aggy tried to get him to commit.  Bama is still trying to get him to flip.  Last time I checked, Saban doesn't exactly go after scrub QBs.  Milroe is severely underrated in the rankings.  He has elite traits and is joining a good offensive system at Texas.  He just needs to be coached well.  

To be fair, A&M actually chose Stowers over Milroe. Bama chose Maye, then Mack flipped him to UNC.

We are fortunate that he fell into our laps and has stayed mostly solid while we were looking around

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

why do they do this? why can't they just be excited about a player? 

Stowers.png

That's literally 3 different kinds of athleticism. A prototype NFL qQB with decent wheels when he has to, a massive tree with a cannon and truck stick, and an NFL WR. Is he all of those?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

why do they do this? why can't they just be excited about a player? 

Stowers.png

i may be wrong but i thought a ton of the reason Lawrence was as highly rated as he was was arm talent + being athletic, not being just an athletic freak like Cam or Pryor

the best part is that the third guy who absolutely does belong in that discussion as super athletic freaks with Cam or Pryor is VY but obviously they will not include him there

(and Stowers is nowhere near a 5* much less being the top player in the country)

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

That's literally 3 different kinds of athleticism. A prototype NFL qQB with decent wheels when he has to, a massive tree with a cannon and truck stick, and an NFL WR. Is he all of those?

Well, they really need to throw in a pinch of Mike Vick, a sprinkle of Russell Wilson, dose of Rodger the Dodger, and the intangibles of Brady, Montana, and Aikman to accurately portray him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Atticus said:

To be fair, A&M actually chose Stowers over Milroe

Disingenuous. Milroe was invited to and competed in aggy JR day while Stowers was at home. aggy offered 12 QBs and offered Preston Stone a full year before Stowers. Let's not act like aggy set their sights on Stowers and decided he was The Chosen One. Hell - Stowers, Davis, and Williams were all essentially offered in a bunch just before NSD. In fact Caleb Williams was offered while Stowers was on an UOV, so let's not act like Stowers was The Candidate. They offered Behren Morton within minutes of seeing him throw, etc ... 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

He still is ... 

image.thumb.png.3d0456c45d7a7eb98f95b47281758c47.png

Is that an old screen shot?  If you go to 247's Texas state rankings for 2021, Milroe is at #10 and Stowers is #27.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=TX

And if you go to the QB rankings, Milroe is higher as well.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB

And in 247's overall rankings, Milroe is #82 and Stowers is #164.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Is that an old screen shot?  If you go to 247's Texas state rankings for 2021, Milroe is at #10 and Stowers is #27.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=TX

And if you go to the QB rankings, Milroe is higher as well.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB

And in 247's overall rankings, Milroe is #82 and Stowers is #164.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

What am I missing?

Composite v 247 rankings

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea you see the major flaw with this statement is that it’s completely incorrect 

I'll bite - why is this the prevailing narrative on this board? If I'm remembering correctly, both A&M insiders and Milroe's own teammates have said that Milroe tried to commit and the A&M staff asked him to wait. If anything, it proves A&M's stupidity more than anything else, so not sure why people are so vehemently against this potentially being the case.

51 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I'll bite - why is this the prevailing narrative on this board? If I'm remembering correctly, both A&M insiders and Milroe's own teammates have said that Milroe tried to commit and the A&M staff asked him to wait. If anything, it proves A&M's stupidity more than anything else, so not sure why people are so vehemently against this potentially being the case.

That's the first I've heard of Milroe trying to commit and aggy saying no.  As far as I remember, Milroe was trending to Bama and aggy took Stowers commitment.  Bama ended up filling up which led him to committing to Texas.

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

If the academics-first ACC schools (BC, UVA, Cuse, Duke) pull the conference out of this, Tarp's head might explode. Even Miami, despite their goomba t-shirt fans, is a pretty strong private school.

Miami is a gold chain, Jersey Shore school. They're in the 6th borough of New York.

Just now, Goodman said:

Miami, FIU, FAU and their fans represent the sofl demo perfectly. 

I've had Miami alums tell me they went there because they couldn't get into Penn, Dartmouth, Yale, etc and Miami was their "safety school". They don't seem to understand why I tell them they're completely full of shit.

2 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

I've had Miami alums tell me they went there because they couldn't get into Penn, Dartmouth, Yale, etc and Miami was their "safety school". They don't seem to understand why I tell them they're completely full of shit.

More like SMU or TCU than Trinity or Rice.

18 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Not to prop up Miami grads, who are often huge douchebags, but it really does have some cachet in the Northeast. 

It's like when I went to the UAE and found out NYU had basically convinced an entire region it was an Ivy League school.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

Not to prop up Miami grads, who are often huge douchebags, but it really does have some cachet in the Northeast. 
It's like when I went to the UAE and found out NYU had basically convinced an entire region it was an Ivy League school.

That’s ironically true in Israel as well. I was there with a buddy who is an NYU grad and he pulled that card a lot, which was odd until the reactions justified it. He didn’t tell them he had a music degree, but whatever.
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I wonder where UNC falls in that group. Wake Forest, too. 

Wow, yeah the more I look at it, the ACC is done. Clemson, Miami, maybe VT, and Florida St could be the only votes for. Maybe Pitt and Louisville. But they'll need 8 votes for a majority and I don't know if they'll find 8.

About that

He hasn't made any decision yet. Jimbo is pushing for him and this will come down to the wire. He loves aggieland, the coaches, our male cheerleaders and all the other great traditions.

If he picks Florida it's because they "took care" of him. Us fightin aggies are too honest to pay players. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

9:53p 

Staff

Back from vacation and have been able to pick up a few pieces of intel on some big names across greater Houston. 

I'll start with 2022 North Shore CB Denver Harris who I was able to speak with face-to-face a few days ago. The potential 5 star corner gave me the impression that he's nowhere near ready to make a decision, and he didn't want to give too much away in terms of which way he was leaning or even what schools were standing out to him. When I brought up A&M, he continued to kind of beat around the bush in regards to where the Aggies stand for him early on. He did say more than once that he really likes Jimbo Fisher and enjoys talking with the head coach. He also said he's happy to see A&M commit and teammate Shadrach Banks back moving around on the football field after he lost most of his junior season to injuries. Denver said he and Banks like to talk trash to one another during one-on-ones, and he likes the challenge of covering Shadrach because he knows it makes him better. Overall, I didn't get the greatest Maroon & White vibe off of Harris, but there's still a ways to go in that one.

Moving on to 2021, I spoke to a source today regarding DE Tunmise Adeleye. It sounds like A&M and Terry Price have continued to stay in that consistent communication mode that they've been in since even before he backed away from his pledge to Ohio State. Tunmise has a long-standing relationship with TP, and that bond continued despite him committing elsewhere. That being said, my source said he'd put the odds somewhere around 75% that the former Katy Tompkins standout ends up in Gainesville - which coincides with everything we'd heard in the last week. Tim Brewster has been one of the lead recruiters for Florida in this one, and the Gators have really upped their pursuit and priority for Tunmise in the last month or so. They view him as an immediate impact, difference maker, and, with the uncertainty at Ohio State regarding the future of the football program and their future plans for Tunmise, it opened the doors for Dan Mullen and company to make this big move. I'm hoping to have more specifics from the A&M side soon to see exactly where the Aggies currently sit in this one. 

Lastly, I can say that the Texas smoke around CyFair RB LJ Johnson Jr is somewhat warranted, but it hasn't stopped the longtime target from talking with various members of the Aggie staff. One source told me today that they'd be surprised if LJ made any type of decision in the immediate future, but the kid does keep a lot of things close to the vest. Our recruiting team did hear that LJ spoke with Jimbo Fisher at length earlier this week, as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's harder to get into SMU than Trinity.

Getting into SMU strikes me as very difficult, similar to USC for very much the same reasons. Parents might even lie & cheat to get their kids in, humping co-eds bareback is encouraged but make sure it's not the scholarship ones.

Edited by Goodman

11 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Overall, I didn't get the greatest Maroon & White vibe off of Harris, but there's still a ways to go in that one.

For Looch to say this Harris must’ve physically shit directly on an aggy jersey during the interview

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Getting into SMU strikes me as very difficult, similar to USC for very much the same reasons. Parents might even lie & cheat to get their kids in, humping co-eds bareback is encouraged but make sure it's not the scholarship ones.

I knew a San Francisco girl whose dad bought her into SMU. She spent her spring break money home from Mexico on a boob job and then got daddy to buy the flight anyway. As an outside observer, I didn't hate it to be honest.

• Like 1